Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State (15491 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Blows Hot Over Miyetti Allah’s Plan To Set Up Vigilante In Igboland / Nnamdi Kanu Spits Fire Over Miyetti Allah Demands And South East. / Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Over Miyetti Allah’s Plan To Set Up Vigilante In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by DefHQ: 8:36am On Aug 04, 2021
The governor also said in one occasion, he had to run for close to two kilometres to escape after about 15 herdsmen attacked him on his farm at Tyo-Mu community, near Makurdi, the state capital.

Ortom was one of the governors to push for the anti-open grazing law in his state over deadly clashes between the nomads and farmers, a move that was heavily criticised by the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria and Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, which are the umbrella bodies for nomadic herders in the country.

He once told Fulani killer herders to go to Bauchi State saying there was no room for them in his state.

Because of that, I was targeted for elimination, That they will go after me either in my home, farm or wherever they could get me.

“But like I always say, my life is in the hands of God, not in the hands of any Fulani man or anybody whatsoever.

“And I remain firm, I will fight for the truth, equity and fairness till when God permits that I will not be here again, then I will go.

“I appreciate the security personnel attached to me, they were able to repel them and they could not have access to me.

“I thank God for my fitness too. To be able to run for close to two kilometres without stopping, means that God has given me strength, and I am grateful to God.”

Ortom said his grudge is with killer Fulani herders and not people of Fulani extraction.

He said, “I am not going to subject myself to intimidation by anyone whatsoever.

“I don’t have problems with any Fulani man or the Fulani race, but I have a problem with Fulani bandits, who have vowed to take over Nigeria as their ancestral home and I say no, not when I am here as governor leading my state.

“I am not concerned about other states, any state that wants to give their land and themselves to be slaves to Fulani men, I have no problem with them but, in my state, I have consulted with my people and what I am doing is in line with the wishes of my people, and on that, I stand. I have not infringed on anybody’s right.

“My lawyer is here, he is going to make a petition against the leadership of Miyetti Allah because they came out to target me and, behind the scenes, they are planning to eliminate me in my land.

“If I can’t go to the farm as governor with the entire security around me, then who else can go to the farm? You can imagine the pains that we have here in Benue State.

“I don’t know why these Fulani men are coming from Niger, Mali, Chad and Senegal and other parts of the world to Nigeria.
“They have destroyed Mali completely, nothing is happening there, they have destroyed Libya, they have destroyed several other countries with their aggression and they think they can come here and destroy Nigeria. I don’t know what they mean.

“And anytime our Livestock Guards and security agencies go after them, then run back into the forest across the river.

"This is not fair, I am going to make a petition against the leadership of Miyetti Allah because I hold them responsible.

“I have been calling for the arrest of these people since 2017 and they are going about their normal businesses in Abuja, in Yola, Kano and everywhere without security personnel inviting them for questioning.

“And my pain is that these people are protected by our security personnel who are paid with our tax payers’ money. These are security men that are inadequate because of the crisis created by Miyetti Allah and the police are still protecting them.

“Why, are we second-class citizens? I am not a second-class citizen to anyone in this country.

“I pay my tax just like any other person and I am law-abiding and I hope that the security agencies will question these people on why they should single me out in their Yola meeting and behind the scenes giving orders for me to be eliminated. I have seen the result today. If not for the security personnel that were with me it would have been a story.

“Recall that Governor Fayemi came out clearly and said this government has failed. Providing security is nil. Everybody is running all over the place; traditional rulers, governors, politicians and all. If I am not safe in my state, who else is safe?

We are begging the Federal Government that brought them (Fulani militia) into the country, they should settle them to go back to where they came from so that we can have our peace. Even if it means taxing all of us to settle them to go away so that we can go to the farm, we will do that. If I cannot go to the farm, who else can go to the farm in Benue?
http://saharareporters.com/2021/03/21/attack-convoy-why-i-was-targeted-miyetti-allah-be-killed%E2%80%94-ortom

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by ERockson: 8:41am On Aug 04, 2021
Until Buhari leaves the government, Miyheti Allah will not stop killings. I pray they pay for their sins one day

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by DoctorDree(m): 8:44am On Aug 04, 2021
They want to turn Nigeria to Afghanistan.......May God punish them and there yeye leaders and even anyone and everyone supporting them!!!!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by FreeIgbos: 8:50am On Aug 04, 2021
I like the way UN is inundated with petitions about ongoing state sponsored terrorism in Nigeria. At least they won't feign ignorance of it because it seems like world leaders will also have their conscience disturbed forever just like it happened when they failed to save lives of Tutsis in Rwanda until it was too late to act.

It's deja Vu once again in Africa, this time with a worse form of genocide about to take place in Nigeria.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Monogamy: 9:08am On Aug 04, 2021
Like Buhari, Like Ortom, both of them have doctorate degree in cluelessness regarding insecurity

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Rxwarlord(m): 9:08am On Aug 04, 2021
I still don't understand why this government is so wicked and devilish...SMH
How can the police and security personnel that is being sponsored by us and their salaries being payed through our taxes still, turn a blind eye to the plight of it's citizen and instead, protect this terrorist that are causing havoc in this country..
And when individuals like Ortom, MNK and Igboho rise to defend its region and people, the said Gov't will tag and brandish them terrorists...

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by agulion: 9:09am On Aug 04, 2021
There is a well plans Islamic agenda going on in Nigeria, if not how come herdsmen don't kill people in Kano, Bauchi, Kebbi, Jegawa etc

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Karlovych: 9:10am On Aug 04, 2021
embarassed embarassed embarassed Meanwhile Benue citizens like Manabbqgrills keep supporting this invasion by foreigners into his homeland just because of greed, it will never be well with evil people supporting the dullard and this rotten government

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 04, 2021
Orton good morning

You just realized what you should have done years back...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by orion7: 9:17am On Aug 04, 2021
FreeIgbos:
I like the way UN is inundated with petitions about ongoing state sponsored terrorism in Nigeria. At least they won't feign ignorance of it because it seems like world leaders will also have their conscience disturbed forever just like it happened when they failed to save lives of Tutsis in Rwanda until it was too late to act.

It's deja Vu once again in Africa, this time with a worse form of genocide about to take place in Nigeria.
fulanis re walking on thin ice. Soo there will be a show down.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by ugochukwufrenzy: 9:17am On Aug 04, 2021
bloody Fulani herdsmen are just normal business men,but ipob who agitated with flags and robes are the real terrorists

E no go beta for dis government

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by zombieHUNTER: 9:17am On Aug 04, 2021
Buhari and his supporters are bloody terrorists....

They are on this forum..

Beware.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by KenOne: 9:17am On Aug 04, 2021
Ortom is something else. Why not go and learn from the christian minority tribes of Bogoro Dass in Bauchi state and Chamba of Adamawa state what they do that the Fulani herdsmen fear them.

These are farming communities that takes the fight to the Fulani herdsmen or Meyetti Allah as they call them. They're the real Israel of Nigeria kill one of us we retaliate by killing 10.

4 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by anonymous1759(m): 9:17am On Aug 04, 2021
This man should stop chasing clout for crying out loud. Kogi is close to Benue still Herdsmen don’t ravage them. This Mofo should tell us how he spends is security vote money

1 Like

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by EdoFirstBorn(m): 9:18am On Aug 04, 2021
What a weakling. Instead why not purchase arms for your citizens to protect themselves. Or establish state vigilante etc

2 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Quitam: 9:18am On Aug 04, 2021
That's all what knows best to do.Everything fulani, as if it's only in Benue they cause havoc. As for delivering good governance to his people, the man has turned a blind eye. My submission is that Ortom is the worst governor in the whole of this country.
If any of his supporters don't agree, please list 10 tangible infrastructural projects of Ortom across sectors, i promise 1k recharge card. Shalom

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by nazicartel(m): 9:18am On Aug 04, 2021
This Ortom seems like a bastard ooo.... I have never seen him commission anything.... He's always shouting herdsmen herdsmen Everytime, I recently left makurdi... The place no make sense at all....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Veliyy: 9:18am On Aug 04, 2021
Wow
Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by zombieHUNTER: 9:18am On Aug 04, 2021
Monogamy:
Like Buhari, Like Ortom, both of them have doctorate degree in clueless regarding insecurity

Yeah.. it's the fault of the victims

They should hand over their Land and run away

8 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:19am On Aug 04, 2021
Better ooooo because Buhari is not ready to do anything

Let it be ESN now undecided

10 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:19am On Aug 04, 2021
Nice one. Security first!
Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Maxwell4404(m): 9:19am On Aug 04, 2021
Benue I never see this kind lazy people, see as Northens they take dem shine like, football
Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Sunnybay7: 9:20am On Aug 04, 2021
Buhari is an anarchist

5 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Skillsnigeria: 9:20am On Aug 04, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Fejoku: 9:20am On Aug 04, 2021
DefHQ:
*****The governor also said in one occasion, he had to run for close to two kilometres to escape after about 15 herdsmen attacked him on his farm at Tyo-Mu community, near Makurdi, the state capital.

Ortom was one of the governors to push for the anti-open grazing law in his state over deadly clashes between the nomads and farmers, a move that was heavily criticised by the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria and Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, which are the umbrella bodies for nomadic herders in the country.

He once told Fulani killer herders to go to Bauchi State saying there was no room for them in his state.

Because of that, I was targeted for elimination, That they will go after me either in my home, farm or wherever they could get me.

“But like I always say, my life is in the hands of God, not in the hands of any Fulani man or anybody whatsoever.

“And I remain firm, I will fight for the truth, equity and fairness till when God permits that I will not be here again, then I will go.

“I appreciate the security personnel attached to me, they were able to repel them and they could not have access to me.

“I thank God for my fitness too. To be able to run for close to two kilometres without stopping, means that God has given me strength, and I am grateful to God.”

Ortom said his grudge is with killer Fulani herders and not people of Fulani extraction.

He said, “I am not going to subject myself to intimidation by anyone whatsoever.

“I don’t have problems with any Fulani man or the Fulani race, but I have a problem with Fulani bandits, who have vowed to take over Nigeria as their ancestral home and I say no, not when I am here as governor leading my state.

“I am not concerned about other states, any state that wants to give their land and themselves to be slaves to Fulani men, I have no problem with them but, in my state, I have consulted with my people and what I am doing is in line with the wishes of my people, and on that, I stand. I have not infringed on anybody’s right.

“My lawyer is here, he is going to make a petition against the leadership of Miyetti Allah because they came out to target me and, behind the scenes, they are planning to eliminate me in my land.

“If I can’t go to the farm as governor with the entire security around me, then who else can go to the farm? You can imagine the pains that we have here in Benue State.

“I don’t know why these Fulani men are coming from Niger, Mali, Chad and Senegal and other parts of the world to Nigeria.
“They have destroyed Mali completely, nothing is happening there, they have destroyed Libya, they have destroyed several other countries with their aggression and they think they can come here and destroy Nigeria. I don’t know what they mean.

“And anytime our Livestock Guards and security agencies go after them, then run back into the forest across the river.

"This is not fair, I am going to make a petition against the leadership of Miyetti Allah because I hold them responsible.

“I have been calling for the arrest of these people since 2017 and they are going about their normal businesses in Abuja, in Yola, Kano and everywhere without security personnel inviting them for questioning.

“And my pain is that these people are protected by our security personnel who are paid with our tax payers’ money. These are security men that are inadequate because of the crisis created by Miyetti Allah and the police are still protecting them.

“Why, are we second-class citizens? I am not a second-class citizen to anyone in this country.

“I pay my tax just like any other person and I am law-abiding and I hope that the security agencies will question these people on why they should single me out in their Yola meeting and behind the scenes giving orders for me to be eliminated. I have seen the result today. If not for the security personnel that were with me it would have been a story.

“Recall that Governor Fayemi came out clearly and said this government has failed. Providing security is nil. Everybody is running all over the place; traditional rulers, governors, politicians and all. If I am not safe in my state, who else is safe?

We are begging the Federal Government that brought them (Fulani militia) into the country, they should settle them to go back to where they came from so that we can have our peace. Even if it means taxing all of us to settle them to go away so that we can go to the farm, we will do that. If I cannot go to the farm, who else can go to the farm in Benue?
http://saharareporters.com/2021/03/21/attack-convoy-why-i-was-targeted-miyetti-allah-be-killed%E2%80%94-ortom
Crying to the fulani cabal running Asorock is a waste of time. Men across different lands must rise up, arm and take the fight to them. This was how the allied forces rose up to checkmate Adolf Hitler led Nazi government. They didn't stay begging and crying. The attacks are meticulously planned and executed with a clear agenda. If you refuse to fight now in defence of your land because you fear you might die, you still will be killed by them when they've successfully taken control of your land. You're of no use to them being alive except as a slave. The earlier you fight back the higher your chances of victory and survival. These fulani terrorists will not go away through begging or monetary appeasement. In reality, they need your land to graze their cattle. They've ate up the little foliage in the sahel and turned the land to a desert. Instead of working hard to regrow it they prefer to come to your lush green land and possess it by force because they believe it is easier wiping off humans than growing the land. How you respond to them shows how much you value your life and ancestral land.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by SenecaTheYonger: 9:20am On Aug 04, 2021
I miss Obasanjo’s administration

6 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by tony0806: 9:20am On Aug 04, 2021
It's alright

1 Like

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:21am On Aug 04, 2021
Monogamy:
Like Buhari, Like Ortom, both of them have doctorate degree in clueless regarding insecurity

And you think your Tinubu is better off

5 Likes

Re: Gov Ortom Petitions UN Over Miyetti Allah-Terrorists Killings In Benue State by richiedoni: 9:22am On Aug 04, 2021

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Oyo LP Deputy Chairman, Other Party Members Defect To PDP / Ngige: NSITF Mismanaged ₦48 Billion, Awarded ₦4.448 Billion Contract In One Day / Anambra Governorship Debate 2021 (Full Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.