Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,734 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

3rd Wave Of Covid-19 In Nigeria: My Story - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 3rd Wave Of Covid-19 In Nigeria: My Story (359 Views)

Gov. Obiano Addresses Ndi Anambra On The Second Wave Of The Covid-19 Pandemic / LASEMA Uses Crane To Rescue Man Stuck In Mud At 3rd Mainland Bridge(photos) / Traffic As Coca Cola Truck Scatters Crates And Bottles On 3rd Mainland Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3rd Wave Of Covid-19 In Nigeria: My Story by PerkyJay: 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2021
Dear Nairalanders,

How are you doing? Maybe everyone is fine.
Well, I am writing from an Isolation center down Southern part of Nigeria. I was struck by Covid-19 3 days ago. But how did it start?

4 weeks ago, I had normal malaria/typhoid symptoms, I quickly rushed to a pharmacy. I bought the malaria/typhoid drugs. I even branched the market place to buy plenty fruits too.

Well, after taking all the drugs, I was fine. But after a week I ended the typhoid drugs, I developed serious fever. I lost sense of taste and smell. My temperature was very high. My wife had to soak piece of cloth in water to place on my body.

Well, I never could think it was Covid because I had vaccinated. However, before I vaccinated, I read somewhere that it does not stop one from having COVID, but could only prevent complications. I took the full dose and did not believe such story.

Fast forward. Even if my nose was placed inside a soak-away pit, I could not perceive anything. How would I just develop such and it continued for straight one week? Mehn, I had to go for COVID-TEST in a Federal Teaching Hospital. After 3 days, I could not move again. My wife and family members were praying for me around 8:30pm, a call came in. No one could pick up. My wife used my phone to message the person to send text that I am not strong to talk. Behold, the message of me being COVID-Positive came in.

When I saw it, I became strong. My 6month old baby boy was by my side. I stood up. I asked everyone to move away. Packed some stuffs, moved to my car and zoomed off to another house for Isolation. I stopped by in a pharmacy to get some drugs. After 2 days of self-Isolation, I could not cope again. Doctors are on strike. No drugs. I made calls and calls because the cough was increasing and my breath was becoming weak. God made a way, I am now in the Isolation center. My wife tested negative.

I am now fine. Thanks to the Government of Akwa Ibom State for providing this COVID-19 Isolation center for us. This place is unique. Oxygen is available. Professionals are very active and polite. We are even catching cruise from our corners�... Tv set and nice sound system to wash off our psychological needs.

Please Stay safe out there. Na "nothing dey happen" mentality rubbish me so o.
Covid is real. I was an online booking driver. Exposed to all manner of people.

Any unusual symptom, go for test. Do not assume.
Re: 3rd Wave Of Covid-19 In Nigeria: My Story by Aboks(m): 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2021
hmmm ok
Re: 3rd Wave Of Covid-19 In Nigeria: My Story by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 04, 2021
I am now fine. Thanks to the Government of Akwa Ibom State for providing this COVID-19 Isolation center for us. This place is unique. Oxygen is available. Professionals are very active and polite. We are even catching cruise from our corners�... Tv set and nice sound system to wash off our psychological needs.
I don't know
It just suddenly sounded like paid content.

Anyways, I wish you and your family good health
Re: 3rd Wave Of Covid-19 In Nigeria: My Story by Nbotee(m): 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:

I don't know

Whether paid content or not, covid is real and out there...
Re: 3rd Wave Of Covid-19 In Nigeria: My Story by PerkyJay: 3:09pm On Aug 04, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:

I don't know

Bro, I wrote it intentionally. I always frown at the present pace of development in the state. I am not a party person. I could have died if there was no facility to accommodate me when Doctors are on strike. Last year January, I had an accident that led to brain surgery. Although expensive, it was done in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. Ibom Multi-Specialty Hospital. I survived. The State Government deserves commendation where necessary. I am not a sycophant. I am a top critic of this Government.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Trump Sneaks Back On Twitter By Disguising Self As Taliban Spokesperson / Toyota Corolla 2005: Cash & Carry In Enugu / Beauty Hacks! Of Blue Seal Vaseline And Glycerine On The Skin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.