Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody (19198 Views)

Emir Of Bugundu: How Bandits Negotiated Multi-Million Naira Ransom After 32 Days / Beninoise Appeal Court Grants Sunday Igboho Access To Medical Care / Nura Iliyasu In DSS Custody After Climbing Mast To Protest Against Buhari - Deji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 04, 2021
After spending 32 days in the detention facility of the Department of State Services, DSS, in Abuja, a Federal High Court, Abuja, has granted bail to the 12 detained aides of Yoruba secessionist leader, Chief Sunday Igboho in line with their request.

The detainees were admitted to bail by Justice Obiora Egwuatu in a ruling just delivered on their bail applications, filed and argued on their behalf by lawyer Pelumi Olajengbesi.

The judge rejected the fears and apprehension expressed by DSS lawyer, Mr Idowu Awo, that some of the detainees will flee the country as their leader, Sunday Igboho, has done if granted bail.

Justice Egwuatu said that the detainees are entitled to bail by the provisions of the Nigerian law having been held in custody beyond the period stipulated by law.

The judge said that the law even frowned at a situation where citizens’ liberty is curtailed under unlawful circumstances.

The suspects were granted bail on various conditions and will remain in the DSS detention until their bail conditions are perfected.

SOURCE

8 Likes

Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by Jerryherd: 2:41pm On Aug 04, 2021
Will DSS comply

3 Likes

Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by ellagabs(f): 2:44pm On Aug 04, 2021
we are getting there gradually...
Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by Jerryherd: 2:47pm On Aug 04, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Justice Obiora Egwuatu granted them bail and tomorow this ungrateful Yoruba will say the Igbos are their problem .

Sometimes I feel ashamed sharing same tribe with some yoruba people .

Just Like Acting President Yemi Osinbajo SAN granted Nnamdi Kanu bail releasing him from DSS and ungrateful Ibos still called him mere commissioner...

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by Obamaofusa: 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Justice Obiora Egwuatu granted them bail and tomorow this ungrateful Yoruba will say the Igbos are their problem .

fulani terrorist

45 Likes

Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by Hezmatosky: 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2021
Go and sin no more

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by DoggoneDogg: 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2021
WHY??!! angry angry

Why will you grant bail to associates of a known fugitive terrorist??

The judge must be an Oduduwa apologist and he will soon be given the Igboho treatment.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by horlah005: 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2021
Long overdue

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by horlah005: 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Stop being tribalistic

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by Monzuur(m): 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2021
Allhamdulilahi

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by olaric(m): 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2021
Though, the story did not spell out the conditions for the bail; why do I have this fear that they will find it difficult to get people to stand for them. Most or some of them may not have verifiable addresses; even their real names are not known. Besides, the fact that Kanu jumped bail the other time may count against them when it comes to getting sureties. Nonetheless, thumbs up to the judge for not bowing to pressure from the Buhari government.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by adioolayi(m): 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2021
Nigeria's Judiciary doing good these days...May you continually exhibits your independence.. May you continue to give hope to a common man...

May God preserve the souls of incorruptible Judges ... Amen.

5 Likes

Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by Julianaa: 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2021
If you analyze this write up very closely you will discover two important details ...
One is the selective use of colloquial abstract representation of normative words owing to the distinction in regulatory and derogatory affirmative relations to binary sentences.
The second is that I don't know what am saying and you have just wasted 20 secs of your life ...
smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by Julianaa: 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2021
And their offense was?

They should sue the FG for illegal detention

3 Likes

Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by Piangrum: 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2021
cool

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by babatee90(m): 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

I’ve always known you are a Fulani disguising as a Yoruba man…my advise is you should never give birth so as to avoid more idiots being born in the future

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by LibertyRep: 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2021
The judge admitted that the law frowns at unjust incarceration of citizens yet the judge couldn't reprimand or punish the agents of government who willfully kept people in detention beyond the stipulated period.

Those guys shouldn't have been admitted to bail only, they ought to be compensated and the erring officials duly sanctioned to serve as deterrents.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by Julianaa: 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2021
Xaviji:
Wow
give the sure game to your family
Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2021
Hello
Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by Bar1941(m): 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2021
May God punish Buhari for unjustly suffering innocent people.

The herdmen that are killing innocent Nigerian, kidnapping them, destroying their shelter and means of livelihood had never been tried or detained for a seconds, you pay many of them million of naira, yet they never stopped their nefarious activities, but you detained people who are only clamoring for safety of their lives and securing their territory for 32days.

Am sure one day this tyrant will leave office and all his evil deeds will come back to hunt him and his unborn generations.

6 Likes

Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by fablani(m): 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2021
The real question here is if buharis DSS will free them when they perfect their bail condition
Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by Vlibray: 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

You are a brainless person ok

19 Likes

Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by adioolayi(m): 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2021
Julianaa:
If you analyze this write up very closely you will discover two important details ...
One is the selective use of colloquial abstract representation of normative words owing to the distinction in regulatory and derogatory affirmative relations to binary sentences.
The second is that I don't know what am saying and you have just wasted 20 secs of your life ...
smiley

Gerrout...Now Stale

6 Likes

Re: Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody by Shollaygold: 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2021
Praise God,victory is ours.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TB Joshua Is Not Behind Al-mustapha's Release - Response To SaharaReporters / Ortom Honours Ochanya Ogbanje, Renames School She Attended Before Her Death / N20bn: Tinubu, Dapo Apara, Akin Doherty Discuss Out-of-court Settlement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.