Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

FG, EFCC, AGF - Stop Extraditing Nigerians. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG, EFCC, AGF - Stop Extraditing Nigerians. (721 Views)

Yahaya Bello: FG, EFCC Challenged To Publish Their 8-Year Financial Reports / Deji Adeyanju Wants FG, EFCC To Stop Uzodimma From Taking More Loans / Court Refuses To Restrain NPF, AGF From Arresting, Extraditing DCP Abba Kyari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG, EFCC, AGF - Stop Extraditing Nigerians. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 04, 2021
Hello everyone. Yesterday, I was stunned to read that several Nigerian fraudsters had been extradited to the US by the EFCC. I shuddered and wondered Why?
I was amused. It's a shame, a big one.

How and why should any sane country surrender it's own citizens. I have lived in the US and Germany, and I know for a fact that they would never ever extradite their own citizens to another country. If their citizens commit an offence abroad and flees home, that is the end. He can only be tried in his country for that offence. It's a shame that we Africans always send our brothers to be killed by another country. No matter their offence, the government exists to protect them. That is the primary responsibility of all governments. The worst that could happen is that he would be prosecuted in his country. Send the case file to law enforcement to deal with.

I challenge the EFCC to show me in recent times when America surrendered an American to another country. Or when Britain surrendered a British citizen. They would not do it. Never. If ever, it would take years in court. We must wean ourselves of perpetual stupidity in this part of the world.

I personally, if my son runs home after committing a crime in another man's house, I will not hand him to them, so that they can destroy my son. No. I would never. I would deal with him myself.

The EFCC must stop being a stupid organization and respect the rights of Nigerians in their home country. America should apply to extradite Americans not Nigerians. And the FG exists to protect any nigerian, whether right or wrong. We can prosecute our errant children at home; stop sending them to be killed by foreigners.

1 Like

Re: FG, EFCC, AGF - Stop Extraditing Nigerians. by PrinceOfLagos: 2:51pm On Aug 04, 2021
Let's see if they will extradit Abba Kyarri same way they've extradited southerners

1 Like

Re: FG, EFCC, AGF - Stop Extraditing Nigerians. by FatherCHRISTMAS: 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2021
There is a reason why nigeria is named a 3rd world country
Re: FG, EFCC, AGF - Stop Extraditing Nigerians. by KwaraRat: 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2021
[s]
Fineman87:
Hello everyone. Yesterday, I was stunned to read that several Nigerian fraudsters had been extradited to the US by the EFCC. I shuddered and wondered Why?

How and why should any sane country extradite it's own citizens. I have lived in the US and Germany, and I know for a fact that they would never ever extradite their own citizens. If their citizens commit an offence abroad and flees home, that is the end. He can only be tried in his country for that offence. It's a shame that we Africans always send our brothers to be killed by another country. No matter their offence, the government exists to protect them. That is the primary responsibility of all governments. The worst that could happen is that he would be prosecuted in his country. Send the case file a to law enforcement to deal with.

I challenge the EFCC to show me in recent times when America surrendered an American to another country. Or when Britain surrendered a British citizen. They would not do it. Never. If ever, it would take years in court. We must wean ourselves of perpetual stupidity in this part of the world.

I personally, if my son runs home after committing a crime in another man's house, I will not hand him to them, so that they can destroy my son. No. I would never. I would deal with him myself.

The EFCC must stop being a stupid organization and respect the rights of Nigerians in their home country. America should apply to extradite Americans not Nigerians. And the FG exists to protect any nigerian, whether right or wrong. We can prosecute our errant children at home, stop sending them to be killed by foreigners.
[/s]

The extradition Treaty signed between the United States and other countries allows the United States to request from countries that have signed the Extradition Treaty to extradite persons who are wanted by the United States Security Authorities for criminal offences. Nigeria signed the Extradition Treaty with the United States on December 22, 1931 and entered into force on June 24, 1935.

Since then Nigeria has extradited several persons to the United States for various reasons ranging from drug, advance fee fraud, and terrorism related offenses. On August 28, 2013 a court in Nigeria on the request of the U.S. Embassy ordered the extradition to the US one Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi's on a federal indictment charging him for providing support to al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula by recruiting members to train in Yemen

We won't renegade because your Boko Cop is about to set to be extradited.

All the Cabals plus Buhari and the entire northern Ummah can not stop Abba Kyari's one way trip to the US courtesy of FBI.gov

3 Likes

Re: FG, EFCC, AGF - Stop Extraditing Nigerians. by Plomo: 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2021
Very true.

The US hardly extradites their own but will be breathing down your neck to give up your own.

Take for instance, the diplomats wife who ran over a British teen, killed him and still went on to do some luxury shopping before going straight to the airport to fly back to America. The Americans bluntly said NO to Uk’s extradition requests.
Re: FG, EFCC, AGF - Stop Extraditing Nigerians. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 04, 2021
Plomo:
Very true.

The US hardly extradites their own but will be breathing down your neck to give up your own.

Take for instance, the diplomats wife who ran over a British teen, killed him and still went on to do some luxury shopping before going straight to the airport to fly back to America. The Americans bluntly said NO to Uk’s extradition requests.

Correct
Re: FG, EFCC, AGF - Stop Extraditing Nigerians. by Plomo: 3:27pm On Aug 04, 2021
Fineman87:

Correct

That being said, the US does extradite it’s own citizens. Even though they are usually very very few.
Re: FG, EFCC, AGF - Stop Extraditing Nigerians. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 04, 2021
undecided
Plomo:

That being said, the US does extradite it’s own citizens. Even though they are usually very very few.
Re: FG, EFCC, AGF - Stop Extraditing Nigerians. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 04, 2021
kiss
Re: FG, EFCC, AGF - Stop Extraditing Nigerians. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 04, 2021
Re: FG, EFCC, AGF - Stop Extraditing Nigerians. by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 05, 2021
Word
Re: FG, EFCC, AGF - Stop Extraditing Nigerians. by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 05, 2021
Re: FG, EFCC, AGF - Stop Extraditing Nigerians. by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 05, 2021
Re: FG, EFCC, AGF - Stop Extraditing Nigerians. by FieldMarshall06(m): 1:17pm On Jun 03, 2022
Fineman87:

How and why should any sane country surrender it's own citizens. I have lived in the US and Germany, and I know for a fact that they would never ever extradite their own citizens to another country. If their citizens commit an offence abroad and flees home, that is the end. He can only be tried in his country for that offence. It's a shame that we Africans always send our brothers to be killed by another country. No matter their offence, the government exists to protect them. That is the primary responsibility of all governments. The worst that could happen is that he would be prosecuted in his country. Send the case file to law enforcement to deal with.

The EFCC must stop being a stupid organization and respect the rights of Nigerians in their home country. America should apply to extradite Americans not Nigerians. And the FG exists to protect any nigerian, whether right or wrong. We can prosecute our errant children at home; stop sending them to be killed by foreigners.

Refresher
Re: FG, EFCC, AGF - Stop Extraditing Nigerians. by FieldMarshall06(m): 1:17pm On Jun 03, 2022
undecided
Re: FG, EFCC, AGF - Stop Extraditing Nigerians. by FieldMarshall06(m): 1:19pm On Jun 03, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Soldiers Told Me They Are Not Allowed To Kiii Kiiier Herdsmen, Ronku Makes Shock / The Police Com. In Imo State Who Demolishes Houses Of Suspects Should Be Removed / How History Is Being Used As Propaganda In Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.