Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,606 members, 7,816,506 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

N5b Libel: I Didn’t Send Emissaries To Beg Secondus – Kassim Afegbua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N5b Libel: I Didn’t Send Emissaries To Beg Secondus – Kassim Afegbua (227 Views)

Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate / Gbajabiamila: Tinubu Didn’t Send Me To Probe Aregbesola / Atiku Support Groups Beg Secondus For Saving Lagos PDP From Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

N5b Libel: I Didn’t Send Emissaries To Beg Secondus – Kassim Afegbua by joyairemiya: 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Prince Kassim Afegbua, a former Commissioner for Information in Edo State and chieftain of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has denied sending emissaries to Prince Uche Secondus, National Chairman of the party over the N5b libel suit he instituted against him.

Speaking with Daily In­dependent, Afegbua who petitioned the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to look into the accounts of PDP said, on the contrary, it was Secondus that sent emissaries to him for a meeting which he declined.

When asked by Daily Independent if he truly sought audience with Secondus, Afegbua said “Hahahahahaha. He sent emissaries to me and wanted us to meet. How can I send emissaries to him? For what? We will meet in court”
“What is the meaning of libel in asking of a probe of PDP finances. He’s trying to ambush the investigation process”.
Secondus had sued Afegbua at the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory for alleged libellous publications against his person.

In the writ of summons which was filed by Emeka Etiaba (SAN), Secondus alleged that Afegbua made allegations claiming that he misappropriated money to the tune of N10bn which belonged to the PDP.

Also joined in the suit are the Media Trust Limited and the Sun Publishing Limited who was alleged to have published the statement.

Secondus is praying the court for a declaration that Afegbua had failed to prove that the N10bn was proceeds of the sale of nomination forms and that the claim was false and malicious.
https://independent.ng/n5b-libel-i-didnt-send-emissaries-to-secondus-afegbua/

Re: N5b Libel: I Didn’t Send Emissaries To Beg Secondus – Kassim Afegbua by bolaayenimo: 3:24pm On Aug 04, 2021
Wike is the main loser in all this
Re: N5b Libel: I Didn’t Send Emissaries To Beg Secondus – Kassim Afegbua by nairavsdollars(f): 8:57pm On Aug 10, 2021
at last, peace has returned to PDP

(1) (Reply)

Benin Can Dream Of Annexing Itsekiri But Not Anioma / Reminder: September Is The Month Enforcement Of Open Grazing Ban Begins. / Nigerians Call For Corruption As Part Of Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.