Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Health Effects Of Female Genital Mutilations - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Health Effects Of Female Genital Mutilations (135 Views)

Consequences Of Female Genital Mutilations: Husband Story / Feminism Is An Abbreviation Of Female Stupidity - Nigerian Lady / The Beneficial Health Effects Of CBD For The Human Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Health Effects Of Female Genital Mutilations by ekwe552: 10:54pm On Aug 04, 2021
5 ways female genital mutilation harms women's and girls' health

Dr. Kenza Aden, a medical practitioner in Djibouti, remarked, "I have met numerous women who have suffered greatly during labor." This is because the majority of her patients have had female genital mutilation, which affects roughly 78 percent of girls and women in Djibouti aged 15 to 49. (FGM).

She went on to say, "I've even seen women bleed to death." “That's why I'm afraid of getting married and starting a family.”

Dr. Aden is a victim of FGM, which is the practice of removing part or all of a woman's external Instruments or injuring her genital organs for non-medical reasons. It is a sign of deeply established gender inequality that is practiced over the world and affects 200 million women and girls alive today.

Every woman and girl has the right to the best health care available. Those who are subjected to FGM are denied this fundamental right, as well as a slew of other human rights that FGM infringes on.

FGM has numerous negative effects on the health of girls and women.

1. Female genital mutilation (FGM) is a potentially fatal injury.
READ MORE VISIT: https://www.healthlifekit.com/2021/08/health-effects-of-female-genital.html

(1) (Reply)

Building Tolerance / Are You Suffering From Std's Get In Here Let Me Help / Lovers Of Chief Sunday And Obas Watch This Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.