Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks (15593 Views)

Pictures Of Elephant Tusks Worth ₦22.3 Billion Intercepted In Lagos / Chinese Man Arrested In Lagos With Elephant Tusks N494 Million Worth (Photos) / 3 Elephant Tusks, 1 Ivory Pieces Worth $500,000 Smuggled From Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 05, 2021
When dem never put you for line, you no go know.
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by Judolisco(m): 7:47am On Aug 05, 2021
Anteater? How much dem dey sell am abeg make I enter forest
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by sammirano: 7:52am On Aug 05, 2021
Africa will always be inferior. They cant mention the country of the suspects, let alone their name. But they will be quick to parade Nigerian suspects. Sad

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 05, 2021
inoki247:
so how custom tak know the market value dem put am for Jiji or dem contact dere Vendor ni....

Mak dem sell d thing after seize jare and use d money fund project abi na burn dem wan burn am waste money laik dat.

Burn it and later go to borrow money from foreign lenders ?
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by fantasy2018: 7:55am On Aug 05, 2021
Nigeria Jaga Jaga!
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by JEFFERSON016(m): 7:57am On Aug 05, 2021
FatimaAbubakar:
Pics of the pangolin parts and tusks or...

Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by AmazingELixir: 7:58am On Aug 05, 2021
lipsrsealed

It just has to be the Chinese
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by streetsoldier1(m): 8:00am On Aug 05, 2021
can i start rearing pangolin abi wetin sef, cos the country don dey turn person to pangolo
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by Atticusxsz(m): 8:07am On Aug 05, 2021
I've come across the pangolin twice or thereabouts. Never knew it's far too important for its unique properties.

Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by LilSmith55(m): 8:16am On Aug 05, 2021
gulfer:
The country's entire psyche has been destroyed by corruption at all levels cry cry cry cry

This country is beyond redemption, no solution again, it has eaten too deep that it's now in its lowest level..
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by Kabaz2: 8:22am On Aug 05, 2021
Owners will bribe it out
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by Atticusxsz(m): 8:22am On Aug 05, 2021
Judolisco:
Anteater? How much dem dey sell am abeg make I enter forest
They are quite different although they do share few similarities but they aren't closely related.
Pangolin are known as the only scaled mammal while anteater aren't and are without scales.
They're found in savannah grassland, tropical and flooded forest while anteaters are found in rainforest.
They're kind of likened to that of the Lion and the Tiger. grin
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by alphaconde(m): 8:27am On Aug 05, 2021
i opened the thread to see what pangolin looks like

make I go google
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by Judolisco(m): 8:30am On Aug 05, 2021
Atticusxsz:

They are quite different although they do share few similarities but they aren't closely related.
Pangolin are known as the only scaled mammal while anteater aren't and are without scales.
They're found in savannah grassland, tropical and flooded forest while anteaters are found in rainforest.
They're kind of likened to that of the Lion and the Tiger. grin
na anteater with scales na... What's d worth na wetin I dey ask bdat
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by Atticusxsz(m): 8:34am On Aug 05, 2021
Judolisco:
na anteater with scales na... What's d worth na wetin I dey ask bdat

I believe the worth is enormous.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by Cikoloko(m): 9:04am On Aug 05, 2021
Is this business illegal why seizing it
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by Staphylococcus: 9:08am On Aug 05, 2021
inoki247:
so how custom tak know the market value dem put am for Jiji or dem contact dere Vendor ni....

Mak dem sell d thing after seize jare and use d money fund project abi na burn dem wan burn am waste money laik dat.

Why are you talking like a novice

We talking about the Nigerian custom's. Institution should be able to value "ANY" goods, legal or illegal
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by owagbeba: 9:08am On Aug 05, 2021
This is really sad. I wonder why the Chinese get involved in this sort of business in Africa.

They started with “Koso” wood. They cleared the woods in the zamfara and other northern states. The local government, rather than protect their forest, were gladly tolling this venture. Banditry in the north made them focus on the gold and stones in the south. They are currently in the trenches for these items.

They have almost wiped out donkey in Northern Nigeria and other African countries. It was so bad that other neighboring country had to ban slaughter of Donkeys.

We would be glad if the Chinese investors can focus more on industries rather than on our wild live and natural reserves.
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by Staphylococcus: 9:09am On Aug 05, 2021
Cikoloko:
Is this business illegal why seizing it

Sigh....

It is illegal!

Trade endangers such animals
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by Willie007: 10:27am On Aug 05, 2021
slowice:
What's the population of the mammal cause with estimate 350000 already killed for their scales, extinction is looming.

The Chinese government deliberately allows such illicit trade in the country... No respect for rules as long as it benefits her citizens and this useless country wants to be world power.

That's why I detest them... Always ripping from others... That's how they will cultivate rice, sell the real ones to their country people and then export plastic rice to other countries
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by Gambit23: 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2021
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by OBTOREPA(m): 12:09pm On Aug 05, 2021
Please what are they using it for?
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by ttmax09(m): 2:05pm On Aug 05, 2021
Atticusxsz:
I've come across the pangolin twice or thereabouts. Never knew it's far too important for its unique properties.
they are also carriers of deadly viruses, one similar to covid 19
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by Aganju849: 2:10pm On Aug 05, 2021
Like they are not planning to share it among themselves and put it on the same black market for sale
Re: Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks by Atticusxsz(m): 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2021
ttmax09:
they are also carriers of deadly viruses, one similar to covid 19
Yet, they're still clamouring for its properties/scales. That's to show you how relevant the need for it outweighs contracting the deadly viruses due to its huge benefits to mankind/pharmaceutical world.
There's always a sacrifice to pay towards anything worthwhile. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Caught Having Sex With Hermaphrodite (video 18+) / Eze Bredan Ibekwe Killed By Assassins In Imo, Body Dumped On Roadside / Suspected Kidnapper Disguising As A Mental Case Arrested In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.