Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,557 members, 7,955,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:08 PM

About One-hit-wonders - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / About One-hit-wonders (127 Views)

Okposi Lake In Eboniyi Produces Salt, It Is One Of Nigeria's Natural Wonders / Forex: My Strategy On MT4 Mobile, See Wonders / Have A Property, Auto, House, Etc For Sale In Lagos? Or Need One? Hit Us Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

About One-hit-wonders by chris2h(m): 11:03am On Aug 05, 2021
Trust Nigerians.

Anything that seemingly makes sense or is trending, they want to copy.

Just like when selfie sticks first came out, everybody had to have one.

Even household dogs and cats had selfie sticks!

Sarcasm aside, when I see people say they are copywriters or content developers, I check under the hood.

A degree is NOT a requirement for being a good copywriter!

Neither is having succeeded at something else!

You may have worked at an "oyel" company, but copywriting is a different world altogether.

Copywriting is NOT direct-response writing, which is a subset of actual copywriting.

Ninety-nine percent of "Nigerian" copywriters are direct response writers.

It is why they don't last long.

Five years, and BOOM!

They are gone.

Some leave Nigeria.

Some go for the next big trend.

Others decide to stay put and do everything it takes to win.

These are the minority.

Anyway, wetin consain me?

Them nor change the price of garri for market!

So, when you see people trying to show their success as evidence of trust, run!

That's the ultimate sign of a one-hit-wonder.

As usual, my pipo,

My name is Christopher Hamman, CMP (UK)

I'm a trained communicator.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Do You Write For Fun Or For FUND ? / WEEK 84: Weekly LPG Insider Report / Looking For The Perfect Escape From The City, Get Stunning Land In Ibeju Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.