Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

FAITHWORLD COLLEGE, BARIGA LAGOS - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FAITHWORLD COLLEGE, BARIGA LAGOS (1196 Views)

Faithworld College And You!!! / Affordable Self Contained For Rent At Bariga, Lagos, Nig. Price: 200,000 / University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FAITHWORLD COLLEGE, BARIGA LAGOS by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 05, 2021
Re: FAITHWORLD COLLEGE, BARIGA LAGOS by Ifeyinwaaaaa: 6:30pm On Aug 19, 2021
In respect of the post tagged "Beware of faithworld college" Is a big lie from the writer. I'm a current staff in the faithworld school and such thing does not exist. The writer is just trying to tarnish the image of the institution for no valid reason. If he or she has a personal issue with the management of the institution the person should be able to resolve it with the management not to damage the total image of the school. Please everything the person said is a big lie!!!

3 Likes

Re: FAITHWORLD COLLEGE, BARIGA LAGOS by Joandeark: 6:38pm On Aug 19, 2021
Faithworld takes into cognisant the plight of her teachers and ensure the right remuneration are given and has a system of reappresal base performance and delivery. Hard working staff are recommended for salary increment. Faithworld doesn't tolerate staff like those bad elements which were stopped work who go to the class without preparing lesson note. The institution give rooms for correction,but when a staff refuses to take a correction he or she is punish for it. Parents bring their children base on trust. In Faithworld school,there is a limit to how female students interact with male staff.no wonder Faithworld is the destination of many parents.

#faithworld
#lies

2 Likes

Re: FAITHWORLD COLLEGE, BARIGA LAGOS by Godfreyosas: 11:09am On Aug 20, 2021
georgekul:
Investment ♦️♦ by georgekul: 5:08pm
Any job seeker should be careful of accepting a job offer from Faithworld College, Lagos for the following reasons:

1. It is a rented house turned an unholy dungeon for a criminal minded proprietor and proprietress who derive pleasure in teachers' sadness.

2. You, for sure, will never be paid your full salary. The owners of the school deduct thousands from teachers' 'alawi' per any slight opportunity.

3. Just bear in mind that the salary is naturally low. Nobody there takes home anything reasonable. The worst is that they would give you a salary scale at the negotiation table but would end up paying you miserible peanuts at the end of the month. 5000Naira surcharge, 9000 Naira deductions etc. Ask them why, they will tell you that your lesson note is not detailed. Haha if your lesson note is detailed(2 long notes in one month), they will tell you that you have not set exam questions in the first week of resumption, haha set exam questions, they will say the questions are not detailed, give them detailed exam questions of six to ten pages, they will tell you that you came late for assembly...the reasons for deductions from poor teachers' salaries are endless.

4. Be ready to teach at least three subjects and write DETAILED lesson plans and lesson notes for each of them.

5. Be ready to cram yourself into stuffy classrooms full of noise, air pollution and miserible members of staff.

6. Be ready to beg for even half of your salay at the end of the month. And please be ready to take much insults before the owners of the school even condescend to explain bluntly that 'we don't have money to pay!'

7. Have you heard of 'I owe you?' Haha oh my goodness � you will hear it there, and it is such a dehumanizing term against teachers.

8. Be ready to be accused, accursed, re-accused and treated with horrible disdain by the hapless management of the school. Once it is salary week, get ready to have too many wicked accusations manufactured and hurled at you no matter how good or hardworking you are.

9. Their gateman has 100percent authority over you. He can order any teacher at any point in time, yell at any teacher and insult them at any attempt to buy pure water outside the school.

10. Get ready to face the most helplessly cheated students in the world. No zeal for academic work, too noisy and torrid. If only some parents are wise?
14. Get ready to age untimely.

I am one of the members of staff in Faithworld College and I've been working there for 3yrs, none of these accusations is true. My salary has never been delayed because it's always paid promptly. As a trained teacher, of course one should have a detailed lesson note. So Mr poster you have no valid points. haba Oga if you have any differences with the proprietor or proprietress you should sort it out with them and not going about to tanish the school image. Fear God.....

1 Like

Re: FAITHWORLD COLLEGE, BARIGA LAGOS by Deeman7: 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2021
I want to state concerning the above post, as the principal of the college, this post is absurd and the issues highlighted are unfounded. Whoever the writer may be, if there be any issues, there are better ways to settle such issues than going through this route. This is wrong.
Re: FAITHWORLD COLLEGE, BARIGA LAGOS by Nanababe: 12:36pm On Aug 21, 2021
[quote author=georgekul post=104463540]Investment ♦️♦ by georgekul: 5:08pm

10. Get ready to face the most helplessly cheated students in the world. No zeal for academic work, too noisy and torrid. If only some parents are wise?

What a lie............ Let me answer you that our students are the best students you can think of, both in academic, sports, e.t.c. They have won many competition including African child competition. So don't say what you don't know
Re: FAITHWORLD COLLEGE, BARIGA LAGOS by foya: 8:42pm On Aug 21, 2021
georgekul:
Investment ♦️♦ by georgekul: 5:08pm
Any job seeker should be careful of accepting a job offer from Faithworld College, Lagos for the following reasons:

1. It is a rented house turned an unholy dungeon for a criminal minded proprietor and proprietress who derive pleasure in teachers' sadness.

2. You, for sure, will never be paid your full salary. The owners of the school deduct thousands from teachers' 'alawi' per any slight opportunity.

3. Just bear in mind that the salary is naturally low. Nobody there takes home anything reasonable. The worst is that they would give you a salary scale at the negotiation table but would end up paying you miserible peanuts at the end of the month. 5000Naira surcharge, 9000 Naira deductions etc. Ask them why, they will tell you that your lesson note is not detailed. Haha if your lesson note is detailed(2 long notes in one month), they will tell you that you have not set exam questions in the first week of resumption, haha set exam questions, they will say the questions are not detailed, give them detailed exam questions of six to ten pages, they will tell you that you came late for assembly...the reasons for deductions from poor teachers' salaries are endless.

4. Be ready to teach at least three subjects and write DETAILED lesson plans and lesson notes for each of them.

5. Be ready to cram yourself into stuffy classrooms full of noise, air pollution and miserible members of staff.

6. Be ready to beg for even half of your salay at the end of the month. And please be ready to take much insults before the owners of the school even condescend to explain bluntly that 'we don't have money to pay!'

7. Have you heard of 'I owe you?' Haha oh my goodness � you will hear it there, and it is such a dehumanizing term against teachers.

8. Be ready to be accused, accursed, re-accused and treated with horrible disdain by the hapless management of the school. Once it is salary week, get ready to have too many wicked accusations manufactured and hurled at you no matter how good or hardworking you are.

9. Their gateman has 100percent authority over you. He can order any teacher at any point in time, yell at any teacher and insult them at any attempt to buy pure water outside the school.

14. Get ready to age untimely.

Such a lengthy post; hmmn.. Well, I was once a staff at the said school and I'm honestly kind of taking aback by all that is written here.

First and foremost, I have to say I spent a lengthy period o time in the said school, so I can also be passed as an authority on the saId school.

1. I don't think there is anything bad about a property being rented for a school and the school is unarguably one of the best in Bariga, Akoka and Shomolu axis, both in terms of structure and education wise and I made bold to say this without any equivocation. The school has about 250 students plus or minus. Does that mean the parents of those kids opened their eyes and put their children and wards in the school.

2. Like I said, I was there for a very long time before I left and this your claim is very strange to me that "Every staff of the school is never paid a full salary because I was paid all my salary while there. While I'm not saying it's not possible for there to be deduction in salary a times because I was there in your own case, but I can say this can only be done if you indulge yourself in any of these activities (which should not be found in a qualified teacher in the first place); absenteeism without permission, frequent lateness to school, leaving school without permission before closing, skipping classes and so on. So I wouldn't know if you fall in any of the aforementioned categories.

3. I don't think there is anything bad in preparing a detailed lesson note and a teacher isn't meant to complain about that except the person does not have the fear of God. How does one teach without a detailed note? What would a teacher a teach in class without a detailed lesson note. Education shouldn't be about garbage in garbage out. And on exam questions, I laughed when i first read that line because i believe all readers here know this is an exaggeration. Exam questions were always submitted on the 7th week i.e. the mid term week to allow for proper vetting and preparation. And the school was providing for us then different past questions (like series) to help in that aspect except it has changed when I left there which I seriously doubt. And they always request for standard questions of at least 50 questions for senior school and 40 questions for Junior school, which is a standard for all standard schools. You don't expect a school of Faithworld reputation to be setting questions like mushroom school, do you? I'm just asking though.

4. Yea, that could be true for some teachers while it is two for some others and in all honesty 70% teachers of private school was also tell you it's like that in their schools too except some few school probably in the highbrow areas. So yes, I would say you were lied here but I would be economical with the truth if I say otherwise.

5. Stuffy Classroom! I will not deceive you this one "choke me" like they say in local parlance. A school as big as that with plenty classrooms stuffy? Classes with ventilation upstairs stuffy with air pollution? This is really interesting. (smile) except students fart every now then lol.
But seriously I think it is unfair to demean the teachers of the schools and disrespectful to call them "miserable as stated in your post. Does that mean all teachers there are bad and only you good when you were there?

6. I don't know anything about the management being condescending to say, no money; but if being truthful a times when salary delays for some days to tell the staff that there is no money to go round at that particular time is condescending, then I will say you are probably right.

8. i think I was also accused of some things that were unclear then when I was there and I clarified and we move on. I don't see any thing wrong or bad in being queried and replying or defending one's query.

9. If I may ask, what business would a teacher that resume school 7: 30 and leave only during closing hours has with the gate or gate-man? The staff room is upstairs and very far to the gate. I'm just asking oooo. And I thought they sell pure water in the school, why going outside the gate to get it? what do I know self?

10. Like I said earlier you can't be inadvertently saying about 200 parents were wicked and will see something bad and put the wards or children in a gaol like you portrayed in your post.

14. I agreed it is not easy being a teacher. It can be quite challenging and can make one look age quickly in this part of the world.

Having said all these, i do not know you and I don't know what happened when you were there, but in all we do, we should have the fear of God and not mud-sling some other people's business because of misunderstanding we have with them and remember karma.

For avoidance of doubt, I am writing this from Bariga and I know the school to be a very good school.
Re: FAITHWORLD COLLEGE, BARIGA LAGOS by Stanchem029: 7:51pm On Aug 22, 2021
How one person just created about FIVE monikers between 19-21 August, 2021 to defend and promote the image of that school is really wonderful.

3 Likes

Re: FAITHWORLD COLLEGE, BARIGA LAGOS by Faithworldcolle: 8:50pm On Aug 23, 2021
[b][[b]/b][b][/b]Faithworld College is an epicenter of excellence.
We're not surprised of the Post made by some miscreant working in collaborations with individuals who are being threatened by the glory of God upon the School.

Faithworld College is a very secured environment which cannot tolerate complacency and laziness from any staff. Every staff there know their duties ranging from the security guards, cleaners, teaching and non teaching staff.
It's a morally healthy institution where mothers are rest assured their wards are in a safe hand.
Apart from our hardworking VP Admin, VP Academics, our proprietress is a disciplined Minister of God who studied Educational Management with her husband who is also a highly respected man of God. The proprietor and the proprietress are always there to ensure the smooth run of the school.

Being educationally and administratively inclined, they don't settle for less in delivering quality education and that's why the products of Faithworld can competite without fear of loosing in any healthy contest void of foul play. No wonder the Primary section of the school went for the recent children of African Spelling Bee competition which hundreds of primary schools in Lagos State participated. Guess what happened, Faithworld Nursery and Primary School's five contestants made it to the final stage and we came 3rd out of the 9 year contestants. Our pupils that pay #20,000 fee can favourably compete with those that pay #1,000,000. I'm saying this because I know what we do in the school. Pupils in nursery are so worded why because our teachers are highly experienced, qualified and regularly trained. Some of the teachers have spent 10, 9, 8, 7 years in the same class they were recruited into.
A child in Basic Three or Four can take a dictated note which is one way we train them in one of the subjects they do.

We are inviting parents all over Lagos State to come and taste the academic and moral excellence in Faithworld Schools.[/b]
Re: FAITHWORLD COLLEGE, BARIGA LAGOS by Faithworldcolle: 8:52pm On Aug 23, 2021
FaithWorld College is a school whose birth was inspired by the holy spirit to raise and build young generations who are established in the Word of God and in the Higher Life that is in Christ Jesus.
As a result, we inbide into our students from day one Godly discipline and coordination through the instrumentality of God's Word. Almost all the children that are in FaithWorld College have declared the Lordship of Jesus Christ and are carriers of the DNA of God.
However, because we are vision minded,we offer a subject called"The Word " which is being taught in all the classes from Jss1-Jss3 and from Sss1-Sss3 respectively. This subject called "The Word " is taught by the proprietress herself and it is compulsory for every student regardless of your religious belief. This is designed to develop the life of God' in the students and to procreate value system in them. It has enabled our students to maximize their academic potentials in their various field of studies whether in science, business or art. No wonder our students have successfully gained admissions into Nigerian premier, first generation, private universities and other tetiary institutions.
FaithWorld College is an environment where every student can attain to their aspirations and academical pursuit in life. This is why we have made available science laboratories(chemistry, physics and biology), ICT lab and other entrepreneurship workshops to effectively advance our students in practical knowledge. Some of our students from FaithWorld College have gained admissions into international universities like in UK and other parts of the world.
All of these and many others, FaithWorld College lives for and will give to you. Even our nursery and basic schools are performing excellently beyond description. When you come in contact with FaithWorld, you come in contact with excellence

1 Like

Re: FAITHWORLD COLLEGE, BARIGA LAGOS by Davidugochukwu: 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2021
Stanchem029:
How one person just created about FIVE monikers between 19-21 August, 2021 to defend and promote the image of that school is really wonderful.

This isn't a platform to display ignorance or sarcasm sir/ma, don't be bamboozled by such myopic thinking, these aren't forged sobriquets by one person but views aired by members of staff in the school.

(1) (Reply)

Russia Almost Wiped Off USA After Mistaking A Research Rocket For ICBM In 1995 / Elect/Elect HNd Holder: What Degree Should I Aim For? / University Of Ibadan Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.