Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Sylva: Jonathan Packaged, Handed Over A Broken Economy To Buhari In 2015 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sylva: Jonathan Packaged, Handed Over A Broken Economy To Buhari In 2015 (21649 Views)

#bayelsadecides: Diri, Sylva, Jonathan Cast Their Votes / One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees / Peter Obi Flies Economy To Egypt (Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sylva: Jonathan Packaged, Handed Over A Broken Economy To Buhari In 2015 by cooooooks(m): 10:03pm On Aug 06, 2021
More importantly, dollar is not Naira.

Cost of living here is much less. Our electricity costs should be much less than north America.

If someone spends $100 a month on electricity in North America, that is probably less than a day's pay.

How many people earn $100 a day in Naira in Nigeria?

Beancounter94:

And it is higher in Nigeria because

1.It costs more to produce power in Nigeria.

2.Then there is the fact that a lot has to be fixed to guarantee 24 hour cost of power....adding to the cost.(When GSM came to Nigeria first time, we ended up spending higher for SIM and airtime,procceds which were used to build up the network we have now. Once it was up and running, prices dropped.)

3.Then there is the fact that we don't use cheaper sources of power like nuclear power for instance.

4.Additionally, at N50 per kwh, for 24 hours, an average US consumer would pay more. And thus US power companies have more profit than Nigerian companies.

5.Throw in the fact that at least 40% of Nigerian subscribers for power in Nigeria do not pay anything...they use the power illegally. That money is passed on to people who actually pay their power bills.That does not happen in the USA.
Re: Sylva: Jonathan Packaged, Handed Over A Broken Economy To Buhari In 2015 by CoolAmbience(m): 10:13pm On Aug 06, 2021
Gambit23:

Mumu, why are u listing private power firms aasbuharis achievement? Are u Madt?

Paid dolts everywhere

If they aren't Buhari's achievements, are they your father's?

When you go on about the US' arms, tech and auto exploits, you think those are all government investments?

Whether they are directly government-owned or not, the right environment needs to be created for such huge investments.

So, you do have a choice but to credit it to the sitting government. It is that simple.

After all, when Nigeria's economy was rebased, you guys gave it to Jonathan, not minding that it was more about the private sector.
Re: Sylva: Jonathan Packaged, Handed Over A Broken Economy To Buhari In 2015 by Gambit23: 10:55pm On Aug 06, 2021
CoolAmbience:

If they aren't Buhari's achievements, are they your father's?

When you go on about the US' arms, tech and auto exploits, you think those are all government investments?

Whether they are directly government-owned or not, the right environment needs to be created for such huge investments.

So, you do have a choice but to credit it to the sitting government. It is that simple.

After all, when Nigeria's economy was rebased, you guys gave it to Jonathan, not minding that it was more about the private sector.

""If they aren't Buhari's achievements, are they your father's""

Is like ur mental problem is persistent. Na mumu wey go claim another mans powerplant investments as em own. U are as dull as ur dullard master.

""So, you do have a choice but to credit it to the sitting government. It is that simple.""

Awusa-afonja Mumu, I have a choice and I choose to credit any private power plant as the individual achievement.

Ur daura fossilic dullard has absolutely nothing to show for the 6 years he has wasted for the nation. A useless brainless dullard.

Anyway u are a paid poster, U are doing it out of hunger so I no blame u. If u dey employed with a salary of 400k monthly, u won't be here praising a failed FoOoOoOOooooOOL
Re: Sylva: Jonathan Packaged, Handed Over A Broken Economy To Buhari In 2015 by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 07, 2021
cooooooks:
1. Cost is not the issue, transmission is. We have installed capacity of more than 10,000 MW but the TCN can't handle more than 3,000 MW.

2. We have very low SIM and data costs. Less than $1. GSM has been in the country for just 2 decades.

3. Hydropower, which we have, is the cheapest electricity generation mode. Nuclear is the most expensive for baseloads. Natural gas/clean coal is the next cheapest. We actually have the cheapest forms of power generation.

4. Nigerians pay more with generators, even kerosen lamps are more expensive /kWh or even /lumens (measuring light) than electricity.

5. TCN can't transmit 10% of the country's real power needs. Whatever 'connections' being made are not the cause of TCN's fundamental incapability.

We need private transmission. It needs to be liberalised. That will necessitate investment. Right now, no one can invest in transmission.

1.Thew transmission system needs fixing, and it would cost billions to do so.

2.Infact, it would, according to the expeprts, cost us 30 billion dollars annually over the next 15 years to fix power.

3.And the reason why we cannot fix our transmission system is because the power sector is being run at government price, not at the price the discos AND gencos want to set.

4.GSM is low now , once upon a time, SIM was very very very costly. Because GSM companies were the ones setting the price, they were able to earn enough prifit, and attract enough investment...which eventually along with comeptiton led to prices falling to a affordable level

5. I have seen the comments you and your friend exchanged calling my assertions false, and telling me I have to read more. Well, all I will say to that is

If you were running a business, and the government was setting your price, instead of you setting your price, would you make a profit or a loss? I would like an answer to that question please.....

At the end of the day, if the power sector is allowed to run like a business, there would be a price increase yes, but as things get better, prices will fall.

Also, I have been reading about this thing for years....since 2014, when GEJ's decision to change to doscos and gencos led me to read up.

I will , in conclusion, advice you to read this....Solving the liquidity crunch in the power sector. Consider the page from the report below.

Good morning.

P.S Lagos city needs 10000mw daily for 24/7 power in all pats of the city, and that's a value from 10 years ago (got that from the now defunct 234next newspaper)

Re: Sylva: Jonathan Packaged, Handed Over A Broken Economy To Buhari In 2015 by orisa37: 7:38am On Aug 07, 2021
BUHARI AMBUSHED JONATHAN, BROKE THE ECONOMY AND CANNOT FIX IT TILL DATE.
Re: Sylva: Jonathan Packaged, Handed Over A Broken Economy To Buhari In 2015 by orisa37: 7:42am On Aug 07, 2021
BOTH JONATHAN AND BUHARI ARE POOR MANAGERS OF ECONOMY.
Re: Sylva: Jonathan Packaged, Handed Over A Broken Economy To Buhari In 2015 by CoolAmbience(m): 7:54am On Aug 07, 2021
Gambit23:

""If they aren't Buhari's achievements, are they your father's""

Is like ur mental problem is persistent. Na mumu wey go claim another mans powerplant investments as em own. U are as dull as ur dullard master.

""So, you do have a choice but to credit it to the sitting government. It is that simple.""

Awusa-afonja Mumu, I have a choice and I choose to credit any private power plant as the individual achievement.

Ur daura fossilic dullard has absolutely nothing to show for the 6 years he has wasted for the nation. A useless brainless dullard.

Anyway u are a paid poster, U are doing it out of hunger so I no blame u. If u dey employed with a salary of 400k monthly, u won't be here praising a failed FoOoOoOOooooOOL

This one nor well at all.

You own nor be just hunger, sickness join.
Re: Sylva: Jonathan Packaged, Handed Over A Broken Economy To Buhari In 2015 by Gambit23: 11:08am On Aug 07, 2021
CoolAmbience:

This one nor well at all.

You own nor be just hunger, sickness join.

U had absolutely nothing to say. I have rebuffed ur silly false claim. Run away from here
Re: Sylva: Jonathan Packaged, Handed Over A Broken Economy To Buhari In 2015 by rock003: 11:13am On Aug 07, 2021
Aufbauh:
This is no news as it is obvious to reasonable minds that we've being living on fragile economy over the years.

You should be ashamed of yourself. 6 years later, you are still blaming the past government.

Shame
Re: Sylva: Jonathan Packaged, Handed Over A Broken Economy To Buhari In 2015 by rock003: 11:16am On Aug 07, 2021
Sirjamo:
1. Yar adua left $62b for Jonathan. Jonathan left $33b for Buhari.

2. Yar adua left oil price of crude at $100 for Jonathan. Jonathan left it at $40 for Buhari. ( not Jonathan's fault)

3. When Jonathan became president, all states were paying salaries, when he left, 27 States couldn't pay salaries.

4. When Yar adua died, GDP growth was over 9%, by the time the Zoologist left in 2015, he had already destroyed the GDP down to 2.5%

So yes, Buhari inherited a damaged economy. In fact, losing the 2015 election was a huge relief for Dr Clueless, the economy would have been so bad that the military would have intervene and scuttle our democracy.

I AM DONE TALKING

Sirjamo the shameless hypocrite, where is your president finding money to travel abroad for treatment? Is it from the bad economy he inherited?
Re: Sylva: Jonathan Packaged, Handed Over A Broken Economy To Buhari In 2015 by CoolAmbience(m): 2:01pm On Aug 07, 2021
Gambit23:

U had absolutely nothing to say. I have rebuffed ur silly false claim. Run away from here

Rebuffed indeed.

Go get productive and stop blaming Buhari for your indolence.

Lazy youth!
Re: Sylva: Jonathan Packaged, Handed Over A Broken Economy To Buhari In 2015 by cooooooks(m): 2:48pm On Aug 07, 2021
Apologies for insinuating that you were not well read on the topic. That was rude and unnecessary.

Thanks for the pwc summarised report.

The underpinning point I am making is that the TCN can't handle Nigeria's demand. The TCN cannot handle more than 4000 MW comfortably now and is supposed to manage the entire country.

Transmission needs to be liberalised, that is the major bottleneck.

You know that Nigeria pays generators who feed in whether TCN transmits or not.

The investments needed for transmission in the country will not come until that part of power (transmission) is privatized and broken into sectors.

As for power demand, I am positing that our transmission network should be able to handle a peak of at least 100,000 MW a day.

For example, we are a country of 200 million people. Alberta, a province in Canada has a population of 4 million and has a peak summer demand (so no winter heating) of ~11,000 MW.

Such a massive growth in capacity (from 4,000 MW peak to 100,000 MW) is an extremely serious feat.

Beancounter94:

1.Thew transmission system needs fixing, and it would cost billions to do so.

2.Infact, it would, according to the expeprts, cost us 30 billion dollars annually over the next 15 years to fix power.

3.And the reason why we cannot fix our transmission system is because the power sector is being run at government price, not at the price the discos AND gencos want to set.

4.GSM is low now , once upon a time, SIM was very very very costly. Because GSM companies were the ones setting the price, they were able to earn enough prifit, and attract enough investment...which eventually along with comeptiton led to prices falling to a affordable level

5. I have seen the comments you and your friend exchanged calling my assertions false, and telling me I have to read more. Well, all I will say to that is

If you were running a business, and the government was setting your price, instead of you setting your price, would you make a profit or a loss? I would like an answer to that question please.....

At the end of the day, if the power sector is allowed to run like a business, there would be a price increase yes, but as things get better, prices will fall.

Also, I have been reading about this thing for years....since 2014, when GEJ's decision to change to doscos and gencos led me to read up.

I will , in conclusion, advice you to read this....Solving the liquidity crunch in the power sector. Consider the page from the report below.

Good morning.

P.S Lagos city needs 10000mw daily for 24/7 power in all pats of the city, and that's a value from 10 years ago (got that from the now defunct 234next newspaper)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LASTMA Official's Death: Yinka Johnson (The Banker) Released / FG Clears 12 Months Of Arrears Owed Pensioners / Senate Vows To End LAUTECH Crisis As Saraki Meets Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.