Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:03 AM

This Lady Made 2 First Class Degrees Simultaneously - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Lady Made 2 First Class Degrees Simultaneously (818 Views)

Proliferation Of First Class Degrees In Private Varsities The PUNCH / A Nigerian With Three First Class degrees / I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Lady Made 2 First Class Degrees Simultaneously by aloyemeka1: 9:32pm On May 16, 2011
[size=14pt]This lady made 2 First Class degrees simultaneously with many job offers • ‘My performance runs in the family’ [/size]
By CHINENYE OKOYE

Sunday, May 15, 2011
Ifeoma Unalor Okoye, 24, was the best female graduating student in University of Lagos (UNILAG) in the 2010 academic session recording 4.90 CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) She read Finance. Ifeoma, who is awaiting her NYSC call-up letter is much sought-after by companies and other employers. In a chat with Saturday Sun, she attributed her success to focus, dedication and commitment to her academic activities.

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2011/may/15/sun/ifeoma-unilag[1].jpg[/img]
Ifeoma

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/may/15/503.html

“I worked hard. I was focused and determined and most importantly, the grace of God was upon me because without God’s grace in my life, all this would not have been possible. I wasn’t desperate when I got admission into UNILAG. My main aim was to acquire knowledge,” declared Ifeoma as she spoke with Saturday Sun at her home in Lagos recently.

Being the best to Ifeoma is just like a normal incident. Although such a feat does not come to everyone but she sees it as just the ordinary incident. Ifeoma would readily say: I feel very happy and overwhelmed. God has finally done it for me. It wasn’t easy, but at the end, everything worked out well.

“Of course I worked very hard for the outstanding result I made. In life, you have to plan everything you do. I came in through a diploma programme and right from that time; I had the best result though it was very stressful, because I never stayed on campus. I went to school from home everyday because I was doing so many professional courses at the same time. So, it was very hectic, but I thank God for my life.

I was focused and determined and most importantly, the grace of God was upon me. On gaining admission, my major aim was just to get knowledge and pick my degree. There was never a time I targeted the best result. But as the course progressed, I saw it coming and had to pursue it just by improving on my past performance. I did not have it in mind to make a first class. I just put in my best in whatever I do.

It is possible before someone hits it that big like Ifeoma, she must have buried herself in books and never did anything else. But it would surprise you that that was the opposite for Ifeoma. “I wasn’t the always-reading type. I am not a book worm either; you will hardly ever see me in the library, so I wasn’t the library type of student. If you see me in the library, it is either I am teaching someone or I am doing tutorial for a group of people. I never read overnight, I read during the day. All I did was to draw a timetable for myself and it really helped me. But it is not all about reading. You have to read with deep concentration and focus.

During my diploma programme, up to my year three, I did not know what was happening in school because I was so much involved in my professional courses until I got to my final year. In my fourth year, I joined the Students Union - Finance Students’ Association (FINSA) where I served as the financial secretary. That was when I was forced to be involved in school activities.

We organised a Ghana trip, we visited the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), organized seminars and had so many other events in my final year. My diploma days, up to my 300 level, were just dull.
Re: This Lady Made 2 First Class Degrees Simultaneously by Skmoda360(m): 10:08pm On May 16, 2011
I wish her goodluck in life. what a genius she is?
Re: This Lady Made 2 First Class Degrees Simultaneously by Odunharry(m): 11:19pm On May 16, 2011
she did well
Re: This Lady Made 2 First Class Degrees Simultaneously by Odunharry(m): 11:23pm On May 16, 2011
she did well
Re: This Lady Made 2 First Class Degrees Simultaneously by mbugame: 11:55am On May 17, 2011
dats a nice girl,she is 4rm my villa ogidi,dats an outstanding performance i am happy 4 her
Re: This Lady Made 2 First Class Degrees Simultaneously by noblegas2(m): 12:06am On May 18, 2011
after all said and done, beholds the #KITCHEN#

(1) (Reply)

Ui To Conduct Cbe For 2011/2012 Examination: / When Will Neco, Mayjune 2011 Be Relased / Unilag Post Ume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.