Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,092 members, 7,957,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:54 AM

How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? (15309 Views)

To Become ICT Relevant Is Not As Hard As You Think... / Ten Mistakes You Must Avoid In Your CV / Why Recruiters Are Deleting Your CV On Sight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? by breathelove(f): 11:25am On Aug 06, 2021
Mtschewwww:
Online certificate only adds up to your CV but is irrelevant in the job you might be applying for. I know a friend who did her BSc in University of Ibadan and had an online certificate in PGd from London. She applied for a job in an international organisation in Abuja. She was taken in as a volunteer staff in the workplace. It was later on she knew that the online certificate on her CV was just for add ups. They told her emphatically that if she had gone to the UK for the program, she would have been staffed. They don't value on-line certificates despite she did the online course for 8 months and she spent over a million naira doing the same online program.
Your friend's experience does not apply to everyone.
Every organization is different.
Re: How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? by Vabasi(m): 11:30am On Aug 06, 2021
KingLennon:

Mr chairman, is this president a lover of cows?

Yes he is. 19 questions grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? by HalpyBee(f): 11:30am On Aug 06, 2021
ReluctantAdult:

Which of the courses?

I know most of the courses on Grow With Google are paid courses offered on Coursera except the Android developer course.

Check Google Digital garage. There are tons of free courses there.

5 Likes

Re: How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? by delpee(f): 11:44am On Aug 06, 2021
Kenmatt:

Like which organization that does not recognize it?

Can you throw more light on that.

I don't know really. Just that I've heard people complain that those with certificates from the regular institutions are preferred in the process of job searches.
Re: How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? by Lamasta(m): 11:53am On Aug 06, 2021
One thing I know is that no knowledge gained is ever useless if its not useful today it will be useful in future so get the knowledge and certificate cool

2 Likes

Re: How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? by phemmyfour: 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2021
falseprophet:

I see Op stock in the middle of acquiring certificate just to please employers of labour instead of focusing on acquiring skills to improve his own career and life.

Until op step outside his comfort zone and take calculated risks he'll continue to ask questions about how to impress employers

This I have seen wrongly!
Same way you saw 3 medals for Nigeria in the Olympics and they are coming back with just only two
Re: How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? by falseprophet: 12:22pm On Aug 06, 2021
phemmyfour:
Same way you saw 3 medals for Nigeria in the Olympics and they are coming back with just only two

Not me bud, an impostor copying my style said that. Check the moniker and compare with mine grin
Re: How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? by Powersurge: 12:23pm On Aug 06, 2021
DUNKA:
They don't. This na naija grin

They do. Don't pursue certificate. Pursue knowledge. Forget the read and pass wey una dey do for school. Read and know.

I am currently using online certificate (free) to work and earn more than twice what I was earning using my 5-year degree. Pursue knowledge and purge yourself of this

2 Likes

Re: How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? by Jamesbiodun(m): 12:30pm On Aug 06, 2021
ikorodureporta:
Especially all those free online courses...

Do they increase one's advantage??
I need free online course site , please share
Re: How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? by Eastcoastboy(m): 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
HalpyBee:
It is relevant. I got my first job with the help of a free certification course by Google.

It helps especially for entry level job.

Which course is that?
Re: How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? by gbagyiza: 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2021
ikorodureporta:
Especially all those free online courses...

Do they increase one's advantage??

Is the certificate awarding body certified by the relevant body to issue such a certificate? A certificate is worthless if the body issuing it has not been certified by the authority. Probably what will benefit u is those skills u learn when undergoing the training.
Re: How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? by Areola14(m): 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2021
Bro.. there's no shortcut to heaven. You must past through death.. all these so called online degrees can not send your name to NYSC office.. even those that are in England schooling, after schooling they have to send their names to the NYSC for certificate.. a graduate without NYSC results na swuegbe! Be it BSC or HND they will never honor it. I went for an interview sometimes ago, a lady with ND and ICAN certificate was employed as an ND holder and a BSC holder only without any additional result was employed and he's heading the lady with ICAN. They are paying the guy with BSC times two of the lady's salary.. bro.. the only place where online results is ok as far as Nigeria is concern. If you have BSC or HND, then you run some professional courses to boost your Pali. Already you are a graduate and they will see you as a graduate anywhere in Nigeria. But SSCE with Toronto degree na f9.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? by ReluctantAdult(m): 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2021
HalpyBee:

Check Google Digital garage. There are tons of free courses there.

Thank you cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? by KingLennon(m): 2:05pm On Aug 06, 2021
Vabasi:

Yes he is. 19 questions grin grin grin
Many people don't know this program that year.
Re: How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? by phemmyfour: 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2021
falseprophet:

Not me bud, an impostor copying my style said that. Check the moniker and compare with mine grin
Birds of a feather.......

No difference between you and falseprophet1

Re: How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? by Tirips(f): 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2021
chatinent:
They do.

It depends on the organization accepting it. By the way, I am open to write your academic assignments (management), thesis or dissertation.

Yes and if the institution offering the certificate is a reputable one
Re: How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? by EmmaLege: 4:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
It depend on your qualifications though and I know I.T online courses are 100% relevant
Re: How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:02pm On Aug 06, 2021
phransix2:
TBVH I think they are. If you were the one employing won't you pick those Certificates over nothing? Those Certificates shows zeal to acquire more skill and knowledge. Even when it's free how many people sign up for it and completes it?
Gbammmmm
Re: How Relevant Is Online Certificate To One's CV?? by hareskay(m): 6:25am On Aug 07, 2021
You've just nailed it on the head. Signing up is easy, but to complete it is harder.
phransix2:
TBVH I think they are. If you were the one employing won't you pick those Certificates over nothing? Those Certificates shows zeal to acquire more skill and knowledge. Even when it's free how many people sign up for it and completes it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Got Sms From 15,adekunbi Cresent,off Oluwaleyimu Str,allen Avenue,ikeja,lagos / Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company? / Mandela Washington Fellowship - YALI Applicants 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.