Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

5 Solid Lessons Sales Drought Taught Me - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Solid Lessons Sales Drought Taught Me (111 Views)

What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You / PIA Will End Years Of Investment Drought In Oil Industry – Extractive360 / What Has 2018 Taught You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Solid Lessons Sales Drought Taught Me by mosesaigbe(m): 9:42am On Aug 06, 2021
Is Sales Drought a bad thing or a blessing ? Sales Drought can be a bad thing or good thing depending on how you see it.

Sales Drought is defined as period in your business when you are not making any new sales or closing Deals.

In other Industries it may not be for so long especially low ticket Products or Industries, but in the real estate Industry , Sales Drought can be as a long as one week to One month or several weeks to even one year or more for some agents.

Here are 5 Lessons Sales Drought taught me in the course of my career as a Realtor.

1. The Need to Discover your purpose ( your Why).

You need to know why why did you start or Join the business in the first place , did you join because others are doing it or making money or what is it for financial freedom?

Do you have a family you want to give a better life or are you looking to improve the quality of your life Personally or Professionally?

Is it to give your children the best Education ?

Do you want to be able to travel to great places for vacations with you and your loved ones or even be able to start driving a car of your dreams to leave the legidis benz club ��‍♀️?

Knowing your why you will determine if you can stand the test of time especially in the real estate Industry or even any field or Industry.

2. Hunger a Life changing gift that comes to play when your sales process is in a bad state.

When your prospecting or lead Generation sucks, when your target audience is not clearly defined or known to you and where you can find them.

When you lack proper demonstration of value to your Prospective clients and follow up.

When you lack great negotiations and closing skills you Experience the end result of Sales Drought. ��‍♂️

3. The Pain , Embarrassments and Sleepnessless ����

The Pain Sales Drought can cause in terms of Debts to your vendors or creditors such as maybe your Coaches owed money for a Paid Program , owing Your Aboki or Mama Chinedu who sells provisions or even owing your landlord rent , possiblity of having your kids sent packing out of School for not paying school fees on time. Imagine you begging your fellow passengers for transport fare or facing embarrassment from conductor due to inability to pay your transport fare.

4. Health and Wellness

When you are on a Sales Drought , sometimes it can bring depression, poor state of mind, sleepless nights, inability to be able to afford good meals or even visit hospital for healthcare due to lack of funds to pay the hospital or when you lose hope , but this can be seen as a gift when used the right way as a Wake Up for Transformation from Underperformance to Top Performing Professional.

I have had headaches� disappear in seconds due to credit alerts�. This is true life story , I wanted to buy paracetamol that day but a credit alert showed up unexpectedly and immediately the headache disappeared on Receiving an Alert.

5. Sometimes you need to see the worst of things to Eventually get the Best of things.

What will Musa's eye not see when there is a sales Drought.

I have been there , taken groceries on credit. If you are not a regular garri drinker you will find out this period , garri can become easy diet then to soak , i remember some years back when i practically drank garri in the morning and afternoon on the same day because of lack of sales in my business.

I have trekked in the past to reduce transport fares cost.

Until I got tired of Experiencing this kind of living and made a tough decision to leave my comfort zone and taking massive action , learning new things , connecting with SUCCESSFUL People ,Coaches and Mentors before things started to change for me financially, emotionally, mentally and spiritually in my personal and professional life and Business.

Question of the day.

What are the Pains, lessons and wake up call that Sales Drought in your business is Currently bringing your attention to ?

Do you need to step up your game and leave your current comfort zone to turn things around?

What action steps will you take now to make Positive changes to your habits, business to turnabout this sales Drought ?

Thanks for your attention and please enjoy your day.

*©Dr Laide Okubena*

1 Like

Re: 5 Solid Lessons Sales Drought Taught Me by Earthstorms(m): 10:59am On Aug 06, 2021
Nice one

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Blog Partner For A Startup !!! / $1k Skrill Or Neteller Needed ASAP With Good Rate / Agx Foodstuffs Shipping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.