Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi (7291 Views)

Herdsmen Tormenting Us - Imeko-Afon, Ogun Community Writes Governor Abiodun / Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers / Ekiti: Labour Writes Fayemi, Protests Mass Sack Of Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by bedoab10k(m): 10:35am On Aug 06, 2021
5th August, 2021

The Governor of Ekiti State,
Governor’s Office,
Ado Ekiti,
Ekiti State.

Dear sir,

THERE IS NOTHING TO CHEER IN THE CREATION OF EKITI SOUTH EAST LCDA

The leadership of Ilasa Development Union (IDU), has taken notice of the passage of Local Government Bill, 2021 by the Ekiti State House of Assembly which culminated into the creation of 19 Local Council Development Areas (LCDAs) from the existing 16 Local Government Areas.

As laudable as the idea behind the creation of the new LCDAs are, the creation of Ekiti South East LCDA is nothing to cheer about. This is because undue political manipulation and chicanery were allowed to prevail over objectivity, common sense and rationality in the creation of the LCDA.

Among the component member communities of the LCDA, it is not in doubt that Ilasa Ekiti ranks far and above others. Apart from it is long existential history, its Oba is the only monarch in the LCDA in grade ‘A’ status while others are in the grade ‘C’ classification. This is in addition to the fact that Ilasa Ekiti has played leadership/headship role to a segment of the component towns in the LCDA for decades (Ekamefa community).

It therefore behoves that Ilasa–Ekiti ought to have been named as the headquarters of the newly created Ekiti South East LCDA rather than given an amorphous and non–existence name as the headquarters of the LCDA. For us, this is politics taken too far!

Even when we are aware that the committee on the viability of the LCDAs clearly recommended the headquarter of Ekiti South East LCDA to be at Ilasa Ekiti; we gathered that the recommendation was truncated by the powers that be as a way of favouring the interests of “certain powerful and influencial politicians” from some of the other component towns.

The implication of the naming of Ekiti South East LCDA headquarter as Isokan is that the secretariat of the LCDA can be situated at any part of the LCDA. This is most unacceptable and condemnable.

Equally worrisome is the fact that the so called Ekiti South East Local Council Development Area is unnecessarily congested. While the old Ekiti East Local Government is now left with Omuo Ekiti town alone (since Isinbode Ekiti has joined Ayekire LCDA where it rightfully belong), Ekiti South East LCDA is parading nine (09) independent communities as members. This is politically most unsavoury! With the new LCDA, Ilasa Ekiti may witness political demotion with regards to political wards.

It is on the totality of the above reasonings that we hereby declare that there is nothing cheering in the purported creation of the LCDA.

As the umbrella union of all sons and daughters of Ilasa Ekiti, we condemn the naming of Ekiti South East Local Council Development Area as “Isokan”, an amorphous and non–existence place, instead of Ilasa Ekiti where it rightly belongs.

We call on the Government of Ekiti State to ensure necessary amendment to this monumental anomaly even as we warn that no attempt should be made at taking the headquarter of Ekiti South East LCDA to any other place other than Ilasa Ekiti.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
PP: Ilasa Development Union

Tajudeen Olutope Ahmed, Esq. ​​Adebayo, Bode Thomas
National President​​​​​ National Secretary

Source https://guardian.ng/news/community-rejects-headquarters-of-ekiti-south-east-lcda/

Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by yanabasee1(m): 10:40am On Aug 06, 2021
Fayemi is yet to come in terms with good governance....

Incompetent leaders breeds bad governance....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by YorubaNinja: 10:52am On Aug 06, 2021
Mediocre Mofos! angry

1 Share

Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by onlyonechid84(m): 10:53am On Aug 06, 2021
THE COUNTRY IS FILLED WITH MOSTLY,
INCOMPETENT LEADERS AND SHAMBOLIC GOVERNMENT.
Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by Adebomi01: 10:54am On Aug 06, 2021
That is good

Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by NwaNimo1(m): 10:54am On Aug 06, 2021

1 Like

Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by iamyemiakins(m): 10:54am On Aug 06, 2021
19 LCDA

Ekiti state government must be joking, with the state of her IGR undecided

4 Likes

Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by LakjumConsults: 10:54am On Aug 06, 2021
Seriously sad wink
Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by Flash360: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2021
embarassed
Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 06, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by iWasNotHere(m): 11:12am On Aug 06, 2021
Most northern states have streets as their LG’s sharing bigger allocation. SOUTH wake up
Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by Greataby(m): 11:15am On Aug 06, 2021
I am not a fan of Gov. Fayemi but the man signed the letter is always against anything the Gov is doing. I know him one on one. The creation of the LCDA is welcome development.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by Coplop: 11:56am On Aug 06, 2021

. Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by Hollyharjii: 12:02pm On Aug 06, 2021
Creation of LCDA or not, is that what Ekiti state needs at the moment? The so called Gov almost created it during the end of his first tenure before Fayose stepped in and cancelled it. Let for me, that's a political ideology and now his tenure will soon be over in less than a year, then why haven't he created it from the first year he was sworn in again?

Congratulations to Ekiti people anyways but how will it be funded considering the low IGR in the state even the 16LGA are still underdeveloped since 1996 aside Ado and Ikere LG
Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 06, 2021
yanabasee1:
Fayemi is yet to come in terms with good governance....

Incompetence leader breathes bad governance....

You gat it right, Padna! ' "Incompetence" (sic) leader (sic) "breathes" (sic) bad governance'! Although I should agree all the more if you had said, INCOMPETENT leaders BREED bad governance!
Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by chimezieeze98: 12:25pm On Aug 06, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wlJpLG22K4

Lol...... They are complaining now ooo.... When they were doing the above during the last election after collecting money.... We no hear complaints ooo... Believe me, by next election... Them go still do same thing as above... And still come back to wail afterwards....

This is why they also refuse electronic transmission of results....
Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2021
Alejod:
cool

He has made similar move in his first tenure and that only benefitted political cronies. What we need in economical empowerment and product development. Segun Oni is very much interested in human capital development. The openness for his scholarship programme has not been replicated since the last time and even our govt primary schools had an upstair or multistory classroom for the first time.

How deeply do you KNOW Engr Segun Oni?
Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by Akin0: 12:30pm On Aug 06, 2021
The creation of LCDA is good , so far it will bring governance nearer to the people. But the issue in contention is the manipulation by power that be , not giving the right community what is deserving or going against the recommendation of committee that was set out with the responsibility. We must know what informed the decision to reversed the earlier recommendation. I don't funding should be an issue, the same approach use by other states in funding the LCDA will be adopted in Ekiti State. The State governor need to save his face and do what is expected of a democrat, the consequent might not be good for his future ambition.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by yanabasee1(m): 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2021
omoolokunEsin:

You gat it right, Padna! ' "Incompetence" (sic) leader (sic) "breathes" (sic) bad governance'! Although I should agree all the more if you had said, INCOMPETENT leaders BREED bad governance!

Thanks man....

#modified....

1 Like

Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by SEYILIGHT(m): 1:25pm On Aug 06, 2021
Nonsense
Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2021
Alejod:

I know him much more than the present crop of politician even feel he is too decent for the type of politics we currently practise in Nigeria. He is very frugal and maintain simple standard of living despite the opportunities life has present him. He is someone i can/will respect even if you take away the allures of politicial office.

I'm from Ekiti, perhaps as you. God forbid that I should do politics or belong in any political party. Nevertheless, I say with vehemence that you do not know the ways of Nigerian politicians talk less of knowing Dr Oni as intimately as you claim! I agree with you that he's MUCH better than Fayose and Fayemi in a thousand of ways, but those two are hardly a credible paradigm to measure human conduct in governance. But I say again that, No, you do not know Dr Segun Oni. Remove sentiments from your considerations and recheck Dr. Oni in order to attain an objective outcome.
Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by delzbaba(m): 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
Fayemi is the worst governor in ekiti state history.
Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2021
Alejod:

You are right. I do not know Dr Segun Oni, i am talking about an Engr Segun Oni who has been an outstanding Ekiti man with virtues many of us are proud of. He has been exemplary and amiable for many people i know too and like many shining stars like him, i for one is proud to be associated with them. We are in the days when real honorable men are scarce in both public and private practise and we need to support the few ones among us. Regards

Could be you're a mere Crumb-seater under Engr. Ono's table, right? God forbid that those days should return when men lived on the Commonwealth gratis!
Re: Crisis Trails Creation Of 19 LCDA In Ekiti, As Community Writes Fayemi by olawalepopoola: 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ekiti doesn't need LCDA. How will they pay salaries and upgrade the new LCDAS while they are still struggling as a state

(1) (2) (Reply)

Musician Who Insulted Buhari Now In Hospital PICS / BRACED Commission: South South Govs Should Focus On Entrepreneurship - Siasia / Bomb Found At Seme Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.