Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? (719 Views)

What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? / How Do We Determine If A Being Is Intelligent? / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 06, 2021
Turned water to wine

Feed thousands with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes

Healed the blind

Cured the sick

Raised the dead

Attached Peter's ear back after it was chopped off...

Etc

These points I highlighted are some of the many miracle christ performed. But these can as well be done via magic.

What is magic and what's miracle?

Was that miracle or magic?
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Ammishaddai: 12:13pm On Aug 06, 2021
Magic is an illusion done by demons ,but a miracle is God's signature of the impossible

1 Like

Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Magic is an illusion done by demons ,but a miracle is God's signature of the impossible
how do u differentiate them? Are u saying magic cannot restore blindness to sight or turn water to wine?
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Ammishaddai: 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2021
BadRadio:
how do u differentiate them? Are saying magic cannot restore blindness to sight or turn water to wine?
Magic is does not give sight ...and even if it did, it can never be permanent. This is something I have experienced
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Magic is does not give sight ...and even if it did, it can never be permanent. This is something I have experienced
its is arguably incorrect to say magic does not give sight.... and even if it did, it can never be permanent
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Ammishaddai: 12:23pm On Aug 06, 2021
BadRadio:
its is arguably incorrect to say magic does not give sight.... and even if it did, it can never be permanent
Try visiting a magician or witch doctor and see for yourself. Meanwhile ,what is your take on the subject of miracles...are they real ?
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Try visiting a magician or witch doctor and see for yourself. Meanwhile ,what is your take on the subject of miracles...are they real ?
There is nothing as miracle... people just get luckygrin
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Ammishaddai: 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2021
BadRadio:
The dead rising is not luck ,neither is the an undiagnosable medical condition tagged as luck . Now you may argue regarding the evidence , but I will tell you this : not everything has a logical explanation and somethings will forever remain a mystery which no man can solve .

1 Like

Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ammishaddai:
The dead rising is not luck ,neither is the an undiagnosable medical condition tagged as luck . Now you may argue regarding the evidence , but I will tell you this : not everything has a logical explanation and somethings will forever remain a mystery which no man can solve .
we cannot accept it as mysteries and leave it like that... there is a answer to it... perhaps we haven't reached the point of reasoning that can enable us unravel these mysteries

1 Like

Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Do you know we have more magicians during the days of Moses, Abaraham, and Jesus?
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Felimax(m): 12:56pm On Aug 06, 2021
Reality or not magic is simply an illusion! It is what it is MAGIC! The more you look the less you see.
Can somebody explain this phenomenal that happened to me in 2006, traveling from Egbeda-Lagos to Warri with broodstock catfish for my fish production, got stranded at Oba Market Benin by almost 9:00 pm, no help, nobody to call, nowhere to sleep or take care of my fish, from nowhere a man who seem like was in the same vehicle with me from lagos walk up to me, asked me to give him the little change with me and gave me 1k.
Till date i still wonder who that man was and how did he know i was stranded. I think is a practical example that differentiate magic from miracle.

1 Like

Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Ammishaddai: 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2021
BadRadio:
we cannot accept it as mysteries and leave it like that... there is a answer to it... perhaps we have reached the point of reasoning that can enable us unravel these mysteries
You cannot employ logical reasoning to something that defies logic . For your information , the concept of miracles defy logic ...and it is something that puzzles the best science has to offer. There was case of a friend who I know personally that had his genotype changed from AS to AA . Where is the explanation of such ? What logical form of reasoning can one use to explain how it happened...? You can search the earth but I assure you , it will never be found . Why ? Because it is a miracle, a work of God Himself
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Ammishaddai: 12:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
BadRadio:
Do you know we have more magicians during the days of Moses, Abaraham, and Jesus?
What exactly is your point ?
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Clinton911: 1:06pm On Aug 06, 2021
Attached Peter's ear back. Your own day your body sad
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ammishaddai:
You cannot employ logical reasoning to something that defies logic . For your information , the concept of miracles defy logic ...and it is something that puzzles the best science has to offer. There was case of a friend who I know personally that had his genotype changed from AS to AA . Where is the explanation of such ? What logical form of reasoning can one use to explain how it happened...? You can search the earth but I assure you , it will never be found . Why ? Because it is a miracle, a work of God Himself
I see
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2021
Felimax:
Reality or not magic is simply an illusion! It is what it is MAGIC! The more you look the less you see.
Can somebody explain this phenomenal that happened to me in 2006, traveling from Egbeda-Lagos to Warri with broodstock catfish for my fish production, got stranded at Oba Market Benin by almost 9:00 pm, no help, nobody to call, nowhere to sleep or take care of my fish, from nowhere a man who seem like was in the same vehicle with me from lagos walk up to me, asked me to give him the little change with me and gave me 1k.
Till date i still wonder who that man was and how did he know i was stranded. I think is a practical example that differentiate magic from miracle.
that's luck bro... pure luck !!!
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Felimax(m): 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2021
BadRadio:
that's luck bro... pure luck !!!
Yes, to you it is. To me, it is nothing short of miracle. In the sense of your logic can you explain to me how the man knew i was stranded and why he has to take the little change from me? Explain to me who the man was?
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ammishaddai:
You cannot employ logical reasoning to something that defies logic . For your information , the concept of miracles defy logic ...and it is something that puzzles the best science has to offer. There was case of a friend who I know personally that had his genotype changed from AS to AA . Where is the explanation of such? What logical form of reasoning can one use to explain how it happened...? You can search the earth but I assure you , it will never be found . Why ? Because it is a miracle, a work of God Himself
Either one of the results were wrong undecided
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2021
BadRadio:
Interesting claim. How do you define luck? undecided
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Ammishaddai: 2:17pm On Aug 06, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:

Either one of the results were wrong undecided
Prior to his miracle , 5 labs tested and confirmed his status as AS . There was even a doctor who got tired of meeting him to talk about the issue of genotype . It was so bad , the doctor avoided him . But when the miracle came ,the doctor was the first bewildered person to ask questions . In fact ,I hear he is now a staunch member of that church my friend attends.
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 2:54pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Prior to his miracle , 5 labs tested and confirmed his status as AS . There was even a doctor who got tired of meeting him to talk about the issue of genotype . It was so bad , the doctor avoided him . But when the miracle came ,the doctor was the first bewildered person to ask questions . In fact ,I hear he is now a staunch member of that church my friend attends.
"Either one of the results were wrong"
How about the second one?
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2021
Felimax:

Yes, to you it is. To me, it is nothing short of miracle. In the sense of your logic can you explain to me how the man knew i was stranded and why he has to take the little change from me? Explain to me who the man was?
that could be reward for your good seed in the past making way for u. There is an automatic law that takes care of the universe. That law smiled at ugrin

1 Like

Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Interesting claim. How do you define luck? undecided
good seeds means good deeds. People who dont sow good seeds never almost get lucky. God has no hand in karma... it just a substance that flows through the universe
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2021
BadRadio:
good seeds means good deeds. People who dont sow good seeds never almost get lucky. God has no hand in karma... it just a substance that flows through the universe
I am sorry what? undecided

My question was how do you define luck as used in this case by you. undecided
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am sorry what? undecided

My question was how do you define luck as used in this case by you. undecided
its there in your last quote... the answer is there.
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Aug 06, 2021
BadRadio:
its there in your last quote... the answer is there.
If it was, I wouldn't have needed to ask the question again, would I? undecided

Try to go back through your OP and comments so far and then you will see that you owe those responding a tangible definition for this luck you keep mentioning. undecided
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
If it was, I wouldn't have needed to ask the question again, would I? undecided

Try to go back through your OP and comments so far and then you will see that you owe those responding a tangible definition for this luck you keep mentioning. undecided
well ... I ll make a thread on that onegrin
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Felimax(m): 6:45pm On Aug 06, 2021
BadRadio:
that could be reward for your good seed in the past making way for u. There is an automatic law that takes care of the universe. That law smiled at ugrin

LAW! Good you said law, let's forget about the universe. Please sir, who is the architect of this law you are talking about? Can something come out of nothing? If yes, sir, please, give me one undisputed example. Lastly, is there anything like a universal truth?
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Theworldisvanity: 7:11pm On Aug 06, 2021
You need to first of all understand the difference between the two.
Re: How Can We Determine If What Jesus Did Was Miracle And Not Magic? by Theworldisvanity: 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2021
Jesus was the first person that restored the eyes of the blind. Dont tell me there were no magicians before he came. How is raising the dead also a magic.

(1) (Reply)

Christianity & Voodoo: Are They That Different? / Exposing Nigeria Fake Pastors And Prophets / Do You Need The Holy Spirit To Interpret The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.