Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,067 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

How Do People Still Support Buhari & His Government In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do People Still Support Buhari & His Government In Nigeria? (265 Views)

Buhari, His Wife, Aisha & Daughters Watch Election Activities After Voting / President Buhari & His Children, Hanan And Yusuf Buhari In Beautiful Photoshoot / Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Buhari, His Wife And Others In Fresh Broadcast From Israel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do People Still Support Buhari & His Government In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2021
So with everything that has been going on in this country in the past few years, I've been wondering why people still support Buhari and his government. To be honest, I still can't fathom how people do it and this is the sole reason why I created this thread.

The economy has been in shambles for the past 6 years of so he has been the president. And please don't tell me he inherited a bad economy from GEJ. Please don't.

- Can we talk about security - Boko haram, bandits, kidnapping, Fulani herdsmen? Students in many parts of the country can't even go to school without the fear of being kidnapped and we have a government? SMH
- What of respect for other arms of government like the judiciary and the legislature (which he has in his pocket by the way)?
- Nepotism when giving out federal appointments (must every major appointment be a northerner)?
- Using the army and just recently, the DSS against anyone who opposes him? (Bear in mind most of these people oppose him because of his own decisions and how he has chosen to turn a deaf ear to complaints of Nigerians)
- Price of foodstuffs, fuel, and household items that affect the common Nigerian like you and me?
- Crazy bleeped up decisions like banning Twitter, border closure, bleeped up FX policies, banning cryptocurrencies, and more. Gosh.
- What about the ever-increasing exchange rate?
- Healthcare? A president that has spent more than 200 days aboard for medical treatments alone, how do you think the healthcare in his country will be?
- What of corruption? Once you join the APC, you automatically become a saint who can not be touched by the EFCC despite the fact that fighting corruption was the major thing Buhari campaigned with back in 2015.
- Employment and poverty rate?

The list goes on and on and on and in fact, if I start talking about the failures of this present government, Nairaland won't be enough.

Anyways, let's be reasonable and keep tribalism and religious lines aside. if you still support Buhari in 2021, can you tell me why? I'm interested in having an open discussion with people who still support Buhari so if you do, please leave a comment.

Lalasticlala & Mynd44, I would love if this can go to the promise land for more audience. I don't think I'm the only one who needs an answer to this question. Thanks.
Re: How Do People Still Support Buhari & His Government In Nigeria? by joe54: 2:49pm On Aug 06, 2021
Correction

People don't support buhari.
zombies do.
Even the core Fulani's know he is a failure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do People Still Support Buhari & His Government In Nigeria? by psucc(m): 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2021
That's to tell that not all are right thinking individuals. A number of reasons compel some to still fight to keep the government even though from all indications, it has failed beyond redemption.

Such reasons include:
1. For political power and relevance e.g Tinubu
2. To put food on their table e.g. BMC
3. For fear of their arrest and prosecution e.g. Akpabio, Matawalle, all other defectors.
4. For fear of losing their means of livelihood e.g. Seun of NL
5. For being their own e.g Boko Haram, Miyetti Allah, Almajiri, Bandits, Unknown Gov Men, etc
6. To protect their concerns e.g. Sheikh Gumi
7. To fight their perceived enemy e.g El-Rufai (Sunni vs Shite)

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do People Still Support Buhari & His Government In Nigeria? by Liebermantic: 2:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
Out of Hatred for Ndigbo, the false sophisticated region supported Buhari..Not only are the Igbo suffering the consequences of rejecting the father of Bigotry, nepotism and ethnocentrism,the Sophisticated region is also feeling the Heat.
Femi falana was in Ojota protesting along with Sowore , wizkid etc against PMS price increase in 2012 calling Jonathan unprintable names..The Nobel award laureate Wole Soyinka called Patience Jonathan Shepopotamus ,now Wole Soyinka has lost his voice just as Femi Falana lost relevance..
What is the exchange rate of Dollar to Naira?
What is the pump price of PMS, AGO and DPK?
What is the pace of inflation since this bigot became president?
What is the GDP and per capita income of Nigeria?
What is the poverty rate?
What about electricity?
What about foreign investment?
What about employment?
What about security?
Nigerians are so scared to carry out a revolution but very soon,hunger and insecurity will reset our brains..
Buhari is failure personified!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Still Support Buhari & His Government In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2021
Everyone has his own reason.

Ask the MURIC man, his own reasons are firstly, religion, and then religion, and thirdly, religion.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Still Support Buhari & His Government In Nigeria? by Aufbauh(m): 3:02pm On Aug 06, 2021
For someone to have this kind of your thought or reasoning @OP shows you're either a kid, inexperienced, naive or irrational.

Even the practising politicians who are in opposition will laugh at this your small-minded submission.

To put it clear to you regardless of what you perceived or observed about the government is that 'the Devil' who's the grandmaster of all evil has supporters. So chill & figure.

What you failed to understand is that individual choices are reflection of their perception, tolerance, pain and love.

"The capacity to suffer varies more than anything that I have observed in human nature"- Margot Asquith

What this mean is that the pain you cannot forebears, someone else can bear it with joy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Still Support Buhari & His Government In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2021
Liebermantic:
Out of Hatred for Ndigbo, the false sophisticated region supported Buhari..Not only are the Igbo suffering the consequences of rejecting the father of Bigotry, nepotism and ethnocentrism,the Sophisticated region is also feeling the Heat.
Femi falana was in Ojota protesting along with Sowore , wizkid etc against PMS price increase in 2012 calling Jonathan unprintable names..The Nobel award laureate Wole Soyinka called Patience Jonathan Shepopotamus ,now Wole Soyinka has lost his voice just as Femi Falana lost relevance..
What about electricity?
What about employment?
What about security?
Nigerians are so scared to carry out a revolution but very soon,hunger and insecurity will reset our brains..
I think you just poured out my thoughts completely on this matter. Buhari is a huge failure. Jeez, Nigerians have never suffered this much since the history of this country.

We have been going downhill since 2015 and some people still actively support the main dude in charge. Its upsets my stomach when I see people supporting this government after all their failures.

Wole Soyinka and Femi Falana have become very active in criticizing this government lately. It seems like they have learned their lessons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do People Still Support Buhari & His Government In Nigeria? by netsurfer01(m): 7:46pm On Aug 06, 2021
I also wonder too! Buhari is an absolute failure.
Re: How Do People Still Support Buhari & His Government In Nigeria? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2021
Liebermantic:
What about electricity?
What about employment?
What about security?
And you think Jonathan would have prevented these ?
Re: How Do People Still Support Buhari & His Government In Nigeria? by iamDrRhymes(m): 9:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
Damn!

Only 2 kinds of people hate Buhari:
1, Those who do not like to take responsibility for their own failure.
2, Those who are deficient in seeing things from a more deeper perspective- the shallow minded.

In Nigeria, the worst government is always the present one. It has always been like that perhaps you are too juvenile to know. Watch how Buhari will suddenly transform to an angel when he leaves office same way people are idolizing GEJ. It’s the Nigerian way.

Lemme add this one join, Buhari will leave office 2023 but you won’t stop wailing no matter who becomes the President until you start taking charge of your own life.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Still Support Buhari & His Government In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 10, 2021
iamDrRhymes:
Damn!

Only 2 kinds of people hate Buhari:
1, Those who do not like to take responsibility for their own failure.
2, Those who are deficient in seeing things from a more deeper perspective- the shallow minded.

In Nigeria, the worst government is always the present one. It has always been like that perhaps you are too juvenile to know. Watch how Buhari will suddenly transform to an angel when he leaves office same way people are idolizing GEJ. It’s the Nigerian way.

Lemme add this one join, Buhari will leave office 2023 but you won’t stop wailing no matter who becomes the President until you start taking charge of your own life.
Buhari is a renowned failure in most aspects of this country. All this English you put together here won't change the fact.

But you haven't still answered my question though. Why do you still support buhari despite him being a failure?
Re: How Do People Still Support Buhari & His Government In Nigeria? by Danjikanbauchi: 4:59pm On Aug 10, 2021
PenuelFarms:
Everyone has his own reason.

Ask the MURIC man, his own reasons are firstly, religion, and then religion, and thirdly, religion.
MUMURIC is just an idiot

(1) (Reply)

The Pharaoh Of Egypt & Tyrant Buhari / Tension As Police Surround APC HQ In Abuja / New Lagos Councillors Fight Over Electing Principal Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.