Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? (7671 Views)

Poll: Should the CBN Be Involved In Hotel Building?

Yes. It's financial too!: 23% (6 votes)
No, he's over-reaching.: 76% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

CBN Now Conduit Pipe For Politicians –pastor Tunde Bakare / Is Sanusi Still Better Than Soludo? / Really, Who Is Sanusi Lamido Sanusi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by paddylo1(m): 8:18am On May 18, 2011
texazzpete:

So you agree that this then is not out of the ordinary if it can fall under the 'Capital projects' portfolio?

Also, without seeing the economics of the project how can you unequivocally condemn this as 'madness'?

Economics of the project?. . . surely thou jests?

I guess u can also suggest the CBN starts building apartment buildings in Lagos,Abuja,PH. . those cities are short of housing u know

Then after that they can buy up most of the land in Eko Atlantic and start putting up prime real estate for rent or lease to be powered by the CBN power plant. .as u know Lagos is kinda short of quality office space

Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by texazzpete(m): 11:45am On May 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

The economics are not relevant. It is beyond the scope of the CBN. The CBNs job is not to be building hotels. There needs to be separation of powers in government and focus on what they were hired to do.

Ah, now it's clear. You main concern is that it really shouldn't be CBN's role to carry out this sort of activity. I had thought it was concern about the viability of the project that led to your ire.

Economics has never been my area of strength so i'll keep out of this argument. Perhaps there's a method to Sanusi's 'madness' though. It would be good if we get more clarity from the CBN about the direction they intend to go with this.

As for Sanusi's /CBN's plan to severely restrict the amount of cash you can collect from the bank from next year, i'm definitely not impressed.
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by 4Play(m): 11:58am On May 18, 2011
If this story, I haven't found any other web link to this story, then it further illustrates that we live in a banana republic. I think there is need for new legislation setting clear boundaries for the exercise of the CBN's functions.
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by Pukkah: 12:09pm On May 18, 2011
Sanusi is over-reaching himself. What is his business in doing business (commerce)?
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by tblacker(m): 3:58pm On May 18, 2011
Whatever his reason is,I think he is not facing the real reason he is appointed as cbn gov.,there are fundamental issue like inflation,stability of naira against hard currencies,reasonable balance of payment among others to deal with. There is virtualy no federal government establishment working perfectly in the country as of today,Nitel,Nigeria Airline to mention but few,this is definitely out of tune. Instead,I think he should advice federal government on the kind of establishment it should go into and not cbn statrted building structures up and down,

I have not been to the outside world but I doubt if this is a practice anywhere. Someone should please talk to this aboki to re-trace his steps. It's only a proposal I guess and I believe federal gvt. will never let this fly angry
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by violent(m): 4:47pm On May 18, 2011
texazzpete:

Ah, now it's clear. You main concern is that it really shouldn't be CBN's role to carry out this sort of activity. I had thought it was concern about the viability of the project that led to your ire.

Economics has never been my area of strength so i'll keep out of this argument. Perhaps there's a method to Sanusi's 'madness' though. It would be good if we get more clarity from the CBN about the direction they intend to go with this.

As for Sanusi's /CBN's plan to severely restrict the amount of cash you can collect from the bank from next year, i'm definitely not impressed.

Isn't it appropriate to argue on the viability of the project itself?

why does CBN need another hotel amidst tens of 5 star hotels across abuja?  how exactly would this project revive the country from it's endemic stagflation?

What impact does it have on the average Nigerian?

I see this as some sort of money laundering scheme.
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by manny4life(m): 7:03pm On May 18, 2011
texazzpete:

Look no offense that Economics isn't your strongest area; that topic can be quite complicated if you ask me. In the school of economics, it's often said that there are two schools of thought, perhaps SLS is following a particular thought of macroeconomic principles and reasoning.

If you ask me, I believe that the CBN is a financial "REGULATORY" agency, that does not engage in for-profit long term investments. I don't see how building hotels or engaging in otherwise fits into the description of the agency.
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by Katsumoto: 8:18pm On May 18, 2011
manny4life:

Look no offense that Economics isn't your strongest area; that topic can be quite complicated if you ask me. In the school of economics, it's often said that there are two schools of thought, perhaps SLS is following a particular thought of macroeconomic principles and reasoning.

If you ask me, I believe that the CBN is a financial "REGULATORY" agency, that does not engage in for-profit long term investments. I don't see how building hotels or engaging in otherwise fits into the description of the agency.

Economic Schools of thought follow different times and are broken into: Pre-modern (Persian, Greek, Chinese), early-modern (physiocrats), and modern (Adam Smith, classical). Most modern economists fall into two main schools: Saltwater and freshwater.

Within macroeconomics, there are five major schools of thought: Keynesian, Austrian, Marxist, Neoclassical and Open economy.

SLS is not following any of these schools.
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by manny4life(m): 12:07am On May 19, 2011
^^^^

Thanks for explaining but I'm quite aware with some of the information you listed. When I talked about the two; I was referring to the modern freshwater and saltwater. I was insinuating that perhaps he was following a a thought of his own because his actions does not follow modern economic principles. Please correct me if I'm wrong; whatever thought his following or not, good for him.
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by ektbear: 12:41am On May 19, 2011
@texazzpete: The cash thing he proposed also made no sense to me. The guy seems a bit rudderless. I'm a bit concerned that no one is making more noise about these questionable policies of his.
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by paddylo1(m): 3:44am On May 19, 2011
ekt_bear:

@texazzpete: The cash thing he proposed also made no sense to me. The guy seems a bit rudderless. I'm a bit concerned that no one is making more noise about these questionable policies of his.

In 2006 or thereabouts the CBN act was amended making the central banking independent so as to conform with global best practices. .

However it seems that independence is being abused by sanusi. . .
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by peruso: 10:52am On May 19, 2011
HOTELS OR NO HOTELS, GOOD OR BAD LETS LEAVE THIS ONE FIRST PLS.
BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW THAT THIS GUY WANTS TO REDUCE WITHDRAWALS TO 150K. PLS IF THIS IS TRUE SOMEBODY SLAP ME!!!!!!.
ARE WE MOVING FORWARD OR, SOMEBODY PLS SLAP ME!!!!!!!
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by Bawss1(m): 11:34am On May 19, 2011
^^^^

*Whaaam!*

Thats the sound of me slapping you.
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by temmydude: 10:11pm On Nov 20, 2011
With the way this Sanusi boy is going, i am sure that quite soon CBN will open a car mart. That skinny Sanusi boy don craze jooohhhhhh!!!!!!!!!. Otherwise if he wasn't, then he wouldn't have proposed the stupid minimum deposit policy and others of alike. That Sanusi boy must be kicked out of CBN in no time before the financial life of Nigeria loses sanity.
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by CyberG: 3:52am On Nov 21, 2011
Are the hotels complete now?
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 17, 2012
Hmnn
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by LogicMind: 10:38am On Mar 18, 2012
I am beginning to like this sanusi mallam. He is just showing the rest of us how foolish we are.
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by queensmith: 10:48am On Mar 18, 2012
Lets even accept cbn will make this dumb move- i swear there are plenty of hotels in abuja? Kilode meeehn, they could have put the hotel in my village if they wanted economic development.
This is nonsense and ingredients
This is what theyll be doing holding up your money and bank charges.

Central bank of nincompoops
Re: Is Sanusi Mad?. . Cbn Now Into Building Hotels? by moHot(f): 11:23pm On Mar 18, 2012
queensmith: Lets even accept cbn will make this dumb move- i swear there are plenty of hotels in abuja? Kilode meeehn, they could have put the hotel in my village if they wanted economic development.
This is nonsense and ingredients
This is what theyll be doing holding up your money and bank charges.

Central bank of nincompoops

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN AN ABOKI CALLS THE SHOT ...I SMH, WORRAJOKE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo Visits Oshiomhole, Keeps Reporters Guessing On Mission / Why We Are Prioritizing Job Creation - Osinbajo / Soldiers Withdrawn From Lagos Streets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.