Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,269 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

I Don’t Want To Give False Hope, Messi Is Leaving Barcelona – Laporta - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Don’t Want To Give False Hope, Messi Is Leaving Barcelona – Laporta (244 Views)

Lionel Messi Is Leaving Barcelona / Cristiano Ronaldo Issues Cryptic Instagram Post In Hint He Is Leaving Juventus / TB Joshua Warns Messi Against Leaving Barcelona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Don’t Want To Give False Hope, Messi Is Leaving Barcelona – Laporta by dk58(m): 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2021
Barça president Joan Laporta has rubbished reports that negotiations with Leo Messi have not been completely broken off, and has confirmed that the player’s time at the club has ended.

“I don’t want to give false hope. The player has other offers on the tables and there has been a deadline for these negotiations: because LaLiga is starting soon, and because the player needs time to make a decision [on his next club]. We’ve been in negotiations for more than two months and these discussions have now concluded. We cannot register the player because we don’t have room for him in our wage bill”.

He added that “We cannot find a way around the current Financial Fair Play rules and it doesn’t make any sense to continue [with discussions]. The player also needs some time to assess the offers that he has on the table, and we need to respect that. After two months of negotiations, it is clear that we cannot sign the player. It is painful, but we must now go on without Messi. It’s very sad, but it is a challenge and we need to address it as such”.

Laporta made it clear that “Messi tried to make it as easy as possible for us. This is a sad moment for the club, but we have made our decision with the club’s interests in mind. We’ve overcome difficulties before and we will do it again. The post-Messi era begins here”.

Irobiko Chimezie Kingsley https://meziesblog.com/i-dont-want-to-give-false-hope-messi-is-leaving-barcelona-laporta/

Re: I Don’t Want To Give False Hope, Messi Is Leaving Barcelona – Laporta by ayterajah(m): 5:12pm On Aug 06, 2021
Welcome to Arsenal

(1) (Reply)

Sure 2odds��� / Here Are The Top 10 Highest Spending Coaches Since 2000 / FIFA Awarded £146million In Compensation By US Department Of Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.