Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,278 members, 7,954,104 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:24 PM

For How Long Will The Ban On Twitter Continue? — OAP Michael Effiong - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / For How Long Will The Ban On Twitter Continue? — OAP Michael Effiong (186 Views)

Wasteful Lifestyle Of Equatorial Guinea's Vice President -- OAP Michael Effiong / Mr Jollof Isn't A Straight Forward Person -- OAP Michael Effiong / Don't use your Mother for Ritual_OAP Michael Effiong warns yahoo yahoo boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For How Long Will The Ban On Twitter Continue? — OAP Michael Effiong by Topbaze: 3:14am On Aug 07, 2021
Media personality, Michael Effiong has expressed his view concerning the continuous ban on Twitter in Nigeria. The Kpoko FM presenter said this via his Facebook page;

https://www.facebook.com/114918913673127/posts/387069949791354/

FOR HOW LONG WILL THE BAN ON TWITTER CONTINUE?

I've done businesses with some people for some years without even seeing them face to face, we just transact and keep to each others bargain. That is social media. The power of social media is underrated.

I've interviewed people I haven't met before on my radio show just because I followed their conversations on social media and I read about their personalities. Twitter has been my greatest tool in research when I'm on duty. To me, Instagram is mainly for videos and photos, while Snapchat for photos, Facebook is there for you to familiarize more with friends, as for Twitter it is my home for research, sensitive topics and trends.

It's been months since the government suspended Twitter and a lot of Nigerians are acting like it is normal. One of the reasons I heard is that Twitter doesn't have an office in Nigeria and they don't pay tax. Some of you were busy to support them as you shared your ignorant post on Facebook. That Facebook you used in exposing your level of ignorance do they pay tax to your government? The likes of Instagram, TikTok, Koo and Snapchat, do they pay tax to your government? Do they have an office in Nigeria? Also they couldn't rightly challenge the decision of Twitter for taking down the tweet of the president, but they were quick to suspend the platform for no just reason. Even when human rights lawyer, Inibehe Effiong challenged them in court they denied of not knowing about the deleted tweets.

Another reason I heard is that of fake news. So what stop them from banning WhatsApp and Facebook, or are these platforms free from fake news?

Let me tell you, technically PDP isn't the biggest challenge of this government but social media (Twitter). The APC and PDP are like bird of a feather. Ever since the EndSARS protest they saw the power of Twitter and they decided to gag it. Twitter played a big role in that protest and it caused a challenged to the government than what PDP could ever do.

In case you don't know a lot of Nigerians are losing money from the suspension of Twitter. I ain't talking about fraudulent money but legit money. Everyone mustn't wear coat and tie to answer "yes sir" to a boss that will give him a coin at the end of 30 days, people are cashing out via social media in a legit way. According to a source we've lost N150.46 billion due to this ban.
We need to wake up and decide for our future or we remain mute forever.

https://www.facebook.com/114918913673127/posts/387069949791354/

Re: For How Long Will The Ban On Twitter Continue? — OAP Michael Effiong by 1bunne4lif(m): 3:25am On Aug 07, 2021
good question! i think the man below will answer that question
Re: For How Long Will The Ban On Twitter Continue? — OAP Michael Effiong by XXXXTENTACION: 4:17am On Aug 07, 2021
Before 2023 election they will unban twitter and use it for campaign and after winning the elections they will ban it again this i have seen..... cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Why Biafra, Yoruba Nation Won't Work - Abdulsalami Abubakar / Experts Raise Alarm Over Irreversible And Rapid Climatic Changes Globally / Nnamdi Kanu: UK Parliament To Debate IPOB Leader’s Rearrest, Repatriation To Nig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.