Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,078 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:42 AM

Osun Or Kano? Which Is Better For NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Osun Or Kano? Which Is Better For NYSC (539 Views)

Tailoring Vs Hair Dressing Which One Is Better For An Undergraduate To Learn / How to go for stream 2 rather than stream 1 for Nysc Batch B 2017 / Any Hope For NYSC 2017 Batch B? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Or Kano? Which Is Better For NYSC by TheZebra: 10:56am On Aug 07, 2021
Hello, please I'm a student from zaria and I would love to get a honest assessment about Kano state and osun state, which is better for NYSC in terms of COST OF LIVING, AVAILABILITY OF JOBS and THE TENDENCY TO REMAIN IN THE STATE after NYSC. These States were selected because they always appear among the best States to serve in Nigeria.

I need a honest assessment without considering Religion, Culture or the people in the state because I have forehand experience about both religions and even the extremisms some may have in mind.

You can also share your experience while serving in these States, thank you.
Re: Osun Or Kano? Which Is Better For NYSC by TheZebra: 10:58am On Aug 07, 2021
Crazyman and yokiti, you can help me push this to the front page for wider response, thanks
Re: Osun Or Kano? Which Is Better For NYSC by samwash(m): 11:16am On Aug 07, 2021
I don't know your state of origin, because you schooled in Zaria I assume you are already familiar with the Northern terrain.
What you need now is to get your self familiarize with how things are done in the southern Nigeria, Osun is a good & peaceful place to serve.
Food, Electricity, transport, accommodate are cheap in the state & your will enjoy your stay.
In terms of employment, I can't guarantee you that, even in Lagos that has more & better opportunities in Nigeria are still flooded with unemployed graduates. If you are thinking been self sufficient after service, Osun is the place to start with.
My 2cent.

1 Like

Re: Osun Or Kano? Which Is Better For NYSC by malcom1X: 11:21am On Aug 07, 2021
Your allowance will have value in osun state but there are no jobs there, you could enter Lagos and search for opportunities.

If it doesn't work out you run back to osun.

Example buy enough foodstuffs keep at home, travel to Lagos hustle if things don't work out travel back survive on your foodstuffs till another allawee comes.

1 Like

Re: Osun Or Kano? Which Is Better For NYSC by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2021
Just write a post comment for social media and prepare a will if you are a Christian before going to Kano!

Osun is more liberal than Kano!

1 Like

Re: Osun Or Kano? Which Is Better For NYSC by Drizzy5001(m): 1:19pm On Aug 07, 2021
I will choose Kano

1 Like

Re: Osun Or Kano? Which Is Better For NYSC by TheZebra: 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2021
Jimsonjaat96

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Help Needed / Buy Blackberry Z10 : Want To Sell My Bbz10 / All B15 Copers Posted To Niger State Stream2 And Going From Ph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.