Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,639 members, 7,955,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:57 PM

Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? (3763 Views)

How Do I Chase Away My Inlaws From My House Part 2 ( My Wife's Response) / How Do I Chase Away My Inlaws From My House / My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by VTJN(m): 8:18am On Aug 08, 2021
CharisEleos:

Then let him spill it all out grin
Abi which one is keeping us in suspense? undecided.

Good morning.
if he can't say specifically what the guy has done or doing wrong in his house, then there's no other point he wants to send him out other than his past smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 08, 2021
MufasaLion:

I hope he does that.

The person of interest too should work on himself. How could you be chased away from 5 different homes when you're not cursed? grin grin grin grin

Anyways, did you sleep well? tongue

Hm.. things happen o. Until you hear from the other person, you can't really conclude. You know when some people render help sometimes they'll want to feel and act like God in your life and would tag you bad at the slightest offence.

Yeah, I slept well.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 08, 2021
VTJN:
if he can't say specifically what the guy has done or doing wrong in his house, then there's no other point he wants to send him out other than his past smiley

Exactly my point.
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by MufasaLion: 8:39am On Aug 08, 2021
CharisEleos:

Hm.. things happen o. Until you hear from the other person, you can't really conclude. You know when some people render help sometimes they'll want to feel and act like God in your life and would tag you bad at the slightest offence.

Yeah, I slept well.
Thanks.

Yes, you're right. But sadly, we can't hear from the horse's mouth so we tend to base the conclusion on whatever OP says. However, any conclusion on such case(s) should be done wisely.

You're welcome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by Chrsbenn(m): 8:49am On Aug 08, 2021
VTJN:
What exactly has he done wrong to you within the period he has stayed with you? Though he might be a bad person as you said. But don't you think you could make him turn a New leave?

Is there something wrong he has done or doing in your house that you want him exit?

Or you just want him to leave according to the agreement his father had with you?

Didn't you see where I said I glad accommodated him for a month but couldn't cope again? I hate bad mouthing people that's why I can't say anything about him here so I said he's been chased away from 5 different places just so you can have an idea of who we are talking about here
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by Mindlog: 9:28am On Aug 08, 2021
Chrsbenn:

Didn't you see where I said I glad accommodated him for a month but couldn't cope again? I hate bad mouthing people that's why I can't say anything about him here so I said he's been chased away from 5 different places just so you can have an idea of who we are talking about here

You are entitled to your privacy whether he did something wrong or not as his lengthened stay was not the initial agreement you had with his father. Get in touch with his father and convey your position, you owe no one explanation as your personal space is your mental health right.

1 Like

Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by Aurelius1(m): 9:35am On Aug 08, 2021
Chrisbenn:
You all are aware of my moving to Lagos island, I didn't really tell people close to me because I notice something about nigerians these days they have this syndrome known as
COMPULSIVE LIABILITY DISORDER in which when they see someone that looks like he's doing well not necessarily doing well persay all they start thinking of is how to get one thing or the other from the person.

So this friend of my dad called me and told me his son needed somewhere to stay for a couple of days being someone I hold really high I couldn't say no so I allowed him.

It's a month now and the guy is still here, this shouldn't be a problem naturally but let me break it down for you this guy has been chased away from 5 different places so for someone that has been chased away from 5 different places I don't need to tell you again anything about the kind of person he is.

The most painful part is everybody that heard that he wants to come and live with me WARNED ME STERNLY against it but mumu me I was saying to myself why are people so wicked shebi it's just to accommodate the guy for a couple of days let me be my brothers keeper. Now I understand better why it looks like people no one dey help.

I have left the house for him and went to my town where I will tell his dad he has 1 week to vacate.

So what ways can I use to evacuate him forcefully because he looks like he's not leaving

My message to everyone reading this is NEVER ABUSE ANY PRIVILEGE OR HELP YOU ARE PROVIDED WITH, DON'T BE THE REASON SOMEONE WILL STOP ASSISTING FELLOW MEN, because now it will be difficult to provide accommodation to anyone again.
You did not specify his shortcomings that make you want to send him packing.
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 08, 2021
Chrsbenn:

Oga, stop rambling about and tell us what he did. If you wanted to be discreet about his deeds, you shouldn't have told us about his past at all. Now youve created an impression about him; everyone knows and now assumes he's a bad guy. You're now trying to form diplomatic.

Maybe you should have just stuck only to the part about your agreement with his dad that is being breached, instead of talking from both sides of your mouth tongue.

Follow your heart. No be me go advise you to commot roof over person head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by VTJN(m): 10:24am On Aug 08, 2021
Chrsbenn:

This is not an excuse guy.

If you can't say the reason behind your actions towards the guy to leave, then be rest assured that you will definitely have to say it to his people.

Be specific with what he has done wrong to avoid painting you bad.

This has nothing to do with bad mouthing anyone.
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by Newboss(m): 10:32am On Aug 08, 2021
Magnoliaa:

I think he made a very good judgement actually. You concluding his outlook on life is bad is such a reach. Maybe, just maybe if everyone treated people like he said, we wouldn't have to be putting ourselves first and looking over our backs every time?

I know bad things happen to all people, but I think people with "nice" attitudes like that tend to get good coming back to them because they give, and are always looking for ways to help, so they meet people like themselves and even when bad things happen, it doesn't affect them as much. If they are not being entitled to goodness because they are good, that is. He merely suggested just helping or giving it a try...he hasn't asked the OP to kill himself or to sacrifice something. Although I know how difficult people can be and we don't even know how the particular person in OP's case is.

You must be very young. As you get older you'll know that people, including you yourself, are just people and there are no Santa Claus or karma. Put yourself first else you'd eventually end up being used and dumped by the ones you put before yourself. In life, it's impossible for two people to be at the same position at the same time. Either you're first or you're not. Always choose yourself. Have some self worth. Selfishness is natural. It's a gift of nature.

1 Like

Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by wunmi590(m): 10:35am On Aug 08, 2021

In all your write up, I didn't see any where you write the reason why you are chasing him away..

When you know you can't accommodate him in the first place why did you bring him in..... undecided
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by mrblessed(m): 11:06am On Aug 08, 2021
Diplomacy doesn't answer all problems, that's why war is inevitable, and it's also an extension of politics. You have already started the process of getting him out since, according to you, he has overstayed his welcome. So, godspeed in this all-important task.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by VillagePipu: 11:13am On Aug 08, 2021
wunmi590:

In all your write up, I didn't see any where you write the reason why you are chasing him away..

When you know you can't accommodate him in the first place why did you bring him in..... undecided

It's his house, his perogative. He doesn't need to provide you or anyone with reason for sending him out.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by Notryme80: 11:31am On Aug 08, 2021
Chrsbenn:

Telling us he was chased away by 5 different persons is equal to bad mouthing him already.
Until you give a rational clue about what he did or is doing wrongly that makes you want to exit him from your home, no advice given to you here will be reasonable.
Note:
The 2 good reasons I can justify you could chase him out with is based on his father's agreement with you and the fact that you are entitled to your privacy in your own house.
So just follow your heart cos someone could be chased out of 10 different places and still be accepted and tolerated somewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by Notryme80: 11:35am On Aug 08, 2021
VillagePipu:

It's his house, his perogative. He doesn't need to provide you or anyone with reason for sending him out.

Then he shouldn't have sort for advice in a public forum like this before chasing him out.
How you lay your bed is how you lie on it.
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by frozen70(f): 1:21pm On Aug 08, 2021
Chrisbenn:
You all are aware of my moving to Lagos island, I didn't really tell people close to me because I notice something about nigerians these days they have this syndrome known as
COMPULSIVE LIABILITY DISORDER in which when they see someone that looks like he's doing well not necessarily doing well persay all they start thinking of is how to get one thing or the other from the person.

So this friend of my dad called me and told me his son needed somewhere to stay for a couple of days being someone I hold really high I couldn't say no so I allowed him.

It's a month now and the guy is still here, this shouldn't be a problem naturally but let me break it down for you this guy has been chased away from 5 different places so for someone that has been chased away from 5 different places I don't need to tell you again anything about the kind of person he is.

The most painful part is everybody that heard that he wants to come and live with me WARNED ME STERNLY against it but mumu me I was saying to myself why are people so wicked shebi it's just to accommodate the guy for a couple of days let me be my brothers keeper. Now I understand better why it looks like people no one dey help.

I have left the house for him and went to my town where I will tell his dad he has 1 week to vacate.

So what ways can I use to evacuate him forcefully because he looks like he's not leaving

My message to everyone reading this is NEVER ABUSE ANY PRIVILEGE OR HELP YOU ARE PROVIDED WITH, DON'T BE THE REASON SOMEONE WILL STOP ASSISTING FELLOW MEN, because now it will be difficult to provide accommodation to anyone again.

I don't see why you are finding a simple challenge like this to be difficult

Simply let his dad know that your office got that accommodation for you and wants to bring in two other new staff to you pending when they will get accommodation for them

That's all you need to say, you don't need to tell them any stupid things about his attitude, they know him more that you do

Just give him date and he will call him son right before you
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by Ulunne777(f): 2:23pm On Aug 08, 2021
Chrsbenn:

Didn't you see where I said I glad accommodated him for a month but couldn't cope again? I hate bad mouthing people that's why I can't say anything about him here so I said he's been chased away from 5 different places just so you can have an idea of who we are talking abouthere

The same story again. You ended up saying nothing.
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by VillagePipu: 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2021
Notryme80:

Then he shouldn't have sort for advice in a public forum like this before chasing him out.
How you lay your bed is how you lie on it.

I agree with you

1 Like

Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by rex444(m): 2:54pm On Aug 08, 2021
Maybe he's there for you to instill some discipline ... Carry him along and watch you two become more closer
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by FunnyDude(m): 4:02pm On Aug 08, 2021
Op I don't usually comment here. But I would love to advise you.

Treat this issue with diplomacy. This dude can still help you later in life. I've been in this same issue before that someone accommodated me during my trying time.

But in less than 4 years I'm doing extremely well and rich enough. Table turns.

Just plead with him your woman is coming next week and she like privacy alot. Arrange a lady to do this job for you.

Just use your sense

Just

1 Like

Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by Chrsbenn(m): 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2021
rex444:
Maybe he's there for you to instill some discipline ... Carry him along and watch you two become more closer
That's what am thinking now
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by Chrsbenn(m): 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2021
Notryme80:

Telling us he was chased away by 5 different persons is equal to bad mouthing him already.
Until you give a rational clue about what he did or is doing wrongly that makes you want to exit him from your home, no advice given to you here will be reasonable.
Note:
The 2 good reasons I can justify you could chase him out with is based on his father's agreement with you and the fact that you are entitled to your privacy in your own house.
So just follow your heart cos someone could be chased out of 10 different places and still be accepted and tolerated somewhere.
It's not about commiting a particular offence it's about not being comfortable with the persons character. For your information i just caught the guy smoking in my house yesterday when I came back from church imagine someone am still thinking of chasing
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by Chrsbenn(m): 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2021
VTJN:
This is not an excuse guy.

If you can't say the reason behind your actions towards the guy to leave, then be rest assured that you will definitely have to say it to his people.

Be specific with what he has done wrong to avoid painting you bad.

This has nothing to do with bad mouthing anyone.

It's not about commiting a particular offence it's about not being comfortable with the persons character. For your information i just caught the guy smoking in my house yesterday when I came back from church imagine someone am still thinking of chasing
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by VTJN(m): 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2021
VillagePipu:

Then he shouldn't come to the public seeking for advice when he can just send him packing. Or you think the public will just dish out advice to him without having a clearer picture of what's on ground?
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by Notryme80: 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2021
Chrsbenn:

You have the right to chase him out of ur house, all I was saying was that since you need advice on how to go about that, any reasonable person who would advise you would want to know exactly what the dude's offense is.
So if you can't tolerate his habit, just use any excuse you feel like even if it sounds awkward and check him out of your place.
It's your house we're talking about here.
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by ImaIma1(f): 10:50pm On Aug 08, 2021
Iniobong34:
And if you eventualy evacuate him forcefully and in the future he has becomes rich, how will he sees u?

You sound like the kind of person the op is talking about that refuses to live people's houses. You are even garnishing your own with emotional blackmail.

If he becomes rich, he's rich for himself nau. Abi should he remain poor forever?
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by Boss13: 11:08pm On Aug 08, 2021
You failed to set boundaries. You should have predetermined the number of days he would stay.
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by Iniobong34: 12:24am On Aug 10, 2021
ImaIma1:

You sound like the kind of person the op is talking about that refuses to live people's houses. You are even garnishing your own with emotional blackmail.

If he becomes rich, he's rich for himself nau. Abi should he remain poor forever?
LOL, Ima ima mmi i cant believe u ar d 1 sayin dis. iyami!
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by DonroxyII: 5:27am On Aug 10, 2021
Iniobong34:
And if you eventualy evacuate him forcefully and in the future he has becomes rich, how will he sees u?
This is a backward mentality .... An IQ that breeds Poverty......
If he becomes rich , I am rich too and I ain't stopping until Wealth is strucked......

I will tell him to flee ....... I have forcefully eject my cousin before ..... she didn't talked to me for four years for somebody that spent two years in my cribs all expense ......

Since 2016 we make up in 2021 .... Nonsense !

If I want you out , you are out if you like become Dangote ... I'm also aspiring to become Bill Gates .... Las Las Wealth Hardly Fight and Hardly befriends....

Everything is Business !!
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 10, 2021
Iniobong34:

Chei! See lopsided thinking.
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by ImaIma1(f): 9:36am On Aug 10, 2021
Iniobong34:
LOL, Ima ima mmi i cant believe u ar d 1 sayin dis. iyami!

Na so nau.

I don't like when people overstay their welcome and now plant themselves there
Re: Please Help How Can I Chase This Guy Away From My House? by mrphysics(m): 1:10pm On Aug 10, 2021
DonroxyII:
This is a backward mentality .... An IQ that breeds Poverty......
If he becomes rich , I am rich too and I ain't stopping until Wealth is strucked......

I will tell him to flee ....... I have forcefully eject my cousin before ..... she didn't talked to me for four years for somebody that spent two years in my cribs all expense ......

Since 2016 we make up in 2021 .... Nonsense !

If I want you out , you are out of you like become Dangote ... I'm also aspiring to become Bill Gates .... Las Las Wealth Hardly Fight and Hardly befriends....

Everything is Business !!
My junior secondary school classmate called me by 11:30pm that he's stranded at Area One Abuja. Before then, we haven't spoken since our junior sec. days. How he got my number, I don't know.

He said he just wanted to pass the night as the person he wanted to stay with isn't picking his call. I gave him my address and that was the worst mistake I have made. He came and changed everything.

He doesn't respect silence or what you want. You might be listening to news and he will change it to play Rihanna. He turns the volume to the highest even when you should be sleeping. He did a whole lot of things anyway. Worst was my friend that previously visited me, they started quarrelling over little things and its usually the new visitor's fault.

One day, I told the two to leave before I come back from work. It didn't work. So the next day, I woke both of them up to pack as I will be locking my house before leaving for work. That was how they left. I never let anyone emotionally blackmail me with how they will be rich tomorrow while I will become poor

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Mum Is Too Harsh; Help! / Why Do Nigerian Wives Nurse A Presumption Of Meanness From Their Mother-in-laws? / Baby Mama Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.