Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse (42206 Views)

10 Times God Did The Impossible In The Bible / Next Pandemic Will Be 10 Times Worse, Prepare For War -Bill Gates. / This Was What Winners Church Did To Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by lebron7(m): 6:59am On Aug 08, 2021
after4:
This guy is a mad man. If you ask him to provide a proof now, he can't
Nah so hem talk sey itshekiri took Igbos as slave but could not prove it
Really ignorant comment
Typical of an over religious Nigerian
You can check Google

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 08, 2021
1 Timothy 3:16 ” And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by lottomkyes200: 6:59am On Aug 08, 2021
I was beginning to like this Reno guy but after this hmmmm he went far what are they trying to prove.
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by Handsum64: 7:00am On Aug 08, 2021
I don't know why Christians are too lazy to read by themselves, the same reason these fraudulent pastors are feeding fat and living large on their gullibility.

Others can commit the entire Qur'an in Arabic to memory and also the hadiths yet Christians are fed gibberish by these jesters daily targeting their pockets and their wives or daughters as pulpit pecks

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by Alexaonfleek: 7:03am On Aug 08, 2021
At least Christians have changed and apologised for their barbarism during that period when the works was still primitive.....can't say the same for jihad terrorists.
Its a big shame we still have jihad terrorists who kill in the name of Islam in this modern era
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by Bizibi(m): 7:04am On Aug 08, 2021
Chukazu:
Let's be specific here... The evil was done by the Roman Catholic . They didn't do it for Christianity but for the Roman empire
exactly!!!
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by Elzakzaky: 7:07am On Aug 08, 2021
This Omokirikiri should stop smoking igbo. It is too strong for his brain.
Christianity does not preach violence. Some overzealous people might have used it in the past to achieve selfish goals.
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by fof1: 7:08am On Aug 08, 2021
JEWELofHELL:
Previous thread
https://www.nairaland.com/6691128/unbiblical-pray-jesus-reno-omokri

Source:

Start from 37:58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QURC7y6Tcw

These Fellows are Confused and Seeking Relevance in Public Spaces. Should we REPEAT History? If the Church Did such Atrocities in d Medieval Times, Should we Sustain Such Barbarism in d 21st Century Civilised Democratic Era of d Society? IT DOESN'T COUNT AT ALL TO GOOD REASONINGS AND ARGUMENTS, PLS. Blood Letting Attracts Eternal Damnation Except Such Fellows are RECONCILED WITH THEIR MAKER AND CREATOR. ALL that Spill Blood in d Name of God and Religion or for Whatever Cause will answer for it. Be Warned and REPENT OF MURDER TODAY,PLS. HELL FIRE IS REAL.
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 08, 2021
kb83:
Comparing The Church and this current terrorist Boko Ha ram is Unfair, At least the Church gave you a chance to accept or be killed, however Boko Ha ram bombs people en mass with no chance to say yes or no to their religion.
@ the end they all killed people!!

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by Bizibi(m): 7:09am On Aug 08, 2021
jidamsel43:
This is the bitter truth. The Crusaders were worse than the present Boko Haram. Thought, their menace was done in a primitive century. Boko Haram are monsters in the 21st century( the age of civilization and globalization). This means Boko Haram's action should never be justified with any assumption or hypothesis. Boko Harams are monster
the crusaders were even better than the other Arab conqueror but I have forgotten his name.....he was the one who made sure some Christian dominant nations in the middle East was turned to Islamic nations, crusaders didn't do half of that arab man.
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by mamdanju: 7:09am On Aug 08, 2021
The bottom line of what pastor omokiri is saying is original Christianity was forcefully and violently wiped out by the church and whatever you have now is a deviant believe that is not true Christianity. I agree.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by Kobojunkie: 7:10am On Aug 08, 2021
Hammyaladin:
@ the end they all killed people!!
You mean to say Boko Haram has stopped the killings? undecided
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You mean to say Boko Haram has stopped the killings? undecided
they haven't but the government is doing all it's best to nuke them.

And again it doesn't change the fact that bokoharam and the early church are similar.
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by Kingsleyphy(m): 7:14am On Aug 08, 2021
Nigerians choose to believe than to research that's our problem. This guys did some unprintable things just to spread the gospel all I can say is only God knows who will make that haven. I swear country man is confuse because when u see where the so called men of God collude with the politicians to suppress their people one began to wonder

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by Flairoqy(m): 7:15am On Aug 08, 2021
That’s fact, if 70% Christians don’t know that it means they don’t seek knowledge about their religion, it’s in the book “Sapiens; Brief History of Humankind - Yuval Noah Harari”.
But that history has it recorded that catholic Christians killed monotheistic Christians doesn’t justify the killings by boko haram, two wrongs don’t make one right.
Let’s give civilization a chance (Rational and critical thinking).
Enough of fanaticism in Nigeria.
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by Captcool990(m): 7:15am On Aug 08, 2021
This is a Christian saying the fact and Christians themselves will not believe him and when it's comes to Muslim brothers having some clue about this comparison they will say it is a big lie that the person saying it is mad or trying to islamitized the country,you will call him by all forms of bad names, Nothing is in this world that Christians will ever believe no matter the prove
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by abbey621(m): 7:16am On Aug 08, 2021
Humanoid01:

Just because you did something in the past and later turned completely from it doesn't mean you shouldn't condemn it when you see it later on. It's quite different from condemning something that you are actually practising at the same time, that's top-notch hypocrisy.

Moreover, those acclaimed Christians who held such practice are not the standard of Christianity. If the new testament Bible doesn't tell of Christians doing such, then why should the acts of those in this subject matter be a basis to judge the faith.

What they did is against what the bible teaches, I'm sure there were also Christians then who condemned such practice. If I was in existence then, I would have firmly condemned it because I know the new testament Bible doesn't teach that.

So we are in agreement, just because a religion has/had violence in it does not make it evil. Again Reno comments were directed at the hypocrites who would rather blame the religion than to recognize the issue itself. In addition, this is not about old testament because new testament was well written before the final crusades and the Salem witchhunt, in fact Bible was still used by the KKK and Jim Crow as early as 50 years ago. So you see it is not the religion but man's flawed interpretation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by Confusion123: 7:18am On Aug 08, 2021
kb83:
Comparing The Church and this current terrorist Boko Ha ram is Unfair, At least the Church gave you a chance to accept or be killed, however Boko Ha ram bombs people en mass with no chance to say yes or no to their religion.
When did all this killing happened self?what was the stance of government than?I'm even trying to see the point he is trying to make.
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by DECLAN2015(m): 7:19am On Aug 08, 2021
Beancounter94:
Let the religion fight begin

Of course, in defence of Christianity, we left most of that violent thing ages ago, in part because of something called the reformation...which led over time to changes in strategy...from 'killing people who don't believe' to 'persuading them'.

After all, by the time Christianity came to my village, missionaries did not come with guns to force people to convert. People converted willingly.

The question is, the Islamic religion too should undergo some changes. Yes, many people have become Muslims peacefully....but the violence is still there . Harsh, but true.

Nobody is denied it
It happened in the dark age
But chritianity has reformed but islam refused.They still fight for God. They still kill their fellow human beings whom they call infidel because somebody command them to that...like zombie
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by horlakay(m): 7:19am On Aug 08, 2021
Mr Reno, I admire the fact that you have the passion to do research. I might not be more knowledgeable than you on this matter, but please learn how to align thoughts in their right perspective.
I don't see the relevance of this theology with the Nigerian people who were never Christians nor Muslims before. Who never took part in the western religious struggle.
Southern Kaduna is under attack because of their Faith in Christ and this is all you have to say? Seek the face of God before you open you mouth next time to spew trash undecided
Mind you the real churches then were underground. Catholicism was adopted by roman kings back then for their own selfish interest to dominate the people and control them by using "religion". It took people like Martin Luther to challenge their anti-biblical doctrines, check the documentation. One of the doctrine then was that, only the pope or the father have the right to touch or read the scriptures because it sacred and holy. But in today catholic churches God is ruling not the pope or any reverend father(not so familiar with their ways though) but at least they all have the liberty to read the bible for themselves.
The word of God is not scarce anymore. People should see the light and follow by now.

So when next you want to show your intellectual prowess you should thoroghly divide the truth for an average person who will think the "church" you mentioned means Christians. Romans only look for a tool that controls people and twist it in their favor hence" Catholicism" not " christianity or the church". Christians and pagans were the major victims not Muslims.
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by Kobojunkie: 7:19am On Aug 08, 2021
Hammyaladin:
they haven't but the government is doing all it's best to nuke them.

And again it doesn't change the fact that bokoharam and the early church are similar.
You mean bokoharam and earlier Islam, right ? undecided

Since it makes absolutely no sense to reach when comparing Boko Haram, an Islamic terrorist group, with any other religion when Islam itself will do the trick if we are here trying to justify the groups actions. undecided
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by abbey621(m): 7:21am On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am sorry, what? undecided

Did you not yourself point out earlier that Boko Haram is in fact an Islamic terrorist group? Is it not enabled by the fact that Islamic rule is practiced in the Northern part of Nigeria? undecided

No religion is devoid of a violent past is no reason why the violent atrocities committed in present day by a religious terrorist group should not be tackled head on for what it is. undecided

Religious fanatics will have one believing what now? undecided
Let's pretend the religious fanatics don't even exist in this. You and I are well aware of the violent history of at least Christianity and Islam in this. Tell me, does this knowing somehow change the facts of the reality that is the Islamic terrorist group in Nigeria today? undecided

Does this knowing we have of the past of these major religions, remove in anyway from what is happening even as we speak in parts of the North, all because of the activities of Boko Haram? undecided

And where did Reno say Boko Haram was good or that the havoc they created and are creating is not relevant? He simply stated that what we call terrorism now existed in Christianity as well and at a level much more extreme. Once again, you need to read the context in which he spoke and not necessarily the sensational headline, if you can point out where he said Boko Haram was good, I would appreciate it, otherwise this argument is pointless.
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by Kobojunkie: 7:22am On Aug 08, 2021
abbey621:

And where did Reno say Boko Haram was good or that the havoc they created and are creating is not relevant? He simply stated that what we call terrorism now existed in Christianity as well and at a level much more extreme. Once again, you need to read the context in which he spoke and not necessarily the sensational headline, if you can point out where he said Boko Haram was good, I would appreciate it, otherwise this argument is pointless.
It is implied ! If you didn't even realize that at this point, then I am afraid I am to move on. undecided
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by abbey621(m): 7:25am On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It is implied ! If you didn't even realize that at this point, then I am afraid I am to move on. undecided

Hogwash! Reno is a devoted Christian, why would he say that? If this was Daddy Freeze now, I would agree with you.
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by AngelDo: 7:27am On Aug 08, 2021
But this 21st century not then

Craze everywhere
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by olurili(m): 7:28am On Aug 08, 2021
complexBoss12:
Who ever knows this niggar should advice him to stay away from his phone for awhile. he started off churning out facts when needed and everyone loved it, but one thing human beings constantly abuse is limit.

I am not saying he is lying, but he is recently beginning to rub his supposed knowledge and exposure on our faces, like he is showing off, and people don't like that.
dont worry too much,he own the moniker that post this,quote him direct,he have many moniker here
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 08, 2021
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=104551366] You mean bokoharam and earlier Islam, right ? undecided

Since it makes absolutely no sense to reach when comparing Boko Haram, an Islamic terrorist group, with any other religion when Islam itself will do the trick if we are here trying to justify the groups actions. undecided[/quote Someone should take this one to the medics... He is denying history!
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by Ubdavis(m): 7:30am On Aug 08, 2021
after4:
This guy is a mad man. If you ask him to provide a proof now, he can't
Nah so hem talk sey itshekiri took Igbos as slave but could not prove it

These are verifiable onfo. Open ur eye to see if the facts.
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by ADO2004: 7:30am On Aug 08, 2021
Mr. Reno you are stupid to compared convertion and persecution as it was done by all religion then to the modern boko Haram and christains. Useless anti Christ man.
Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by engrchykae(m): 7:31am On Aug 08, 2021
kb83:
please am a Christian but I am ashamed of the dirty history of the church.
In south America.
In turkey that made the church lose Ephesus to Mohammedans.
What about st Bartholomew day massacre?
The wickedness of the church made the persecuted run to Islam as the only way of escape.
You have phone,laptop etc,you can investigate

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: What Boko Haram Is Doing, The Church Did 10 Times Worse by Kobojunkie: 7:31am On Aug 08, 2021
Hammyaladin:

Someone should take this one to the medics... He is denying history!
Are you suggesting Islam's violent past is not history? undecided

Are you here stating that putting the violent record of the Islamic terrorist group, Boko Haram, alongside the violent past of the religion Islam, does not seem even more rational? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dealing With Misconceptions : 10 Things The Bible Never Said About Creation / Stephanie Otobo's Mother Begs Apostle Suleman: "Please Forgive My Daughter" / Kogi Muslim Woman: "Jesus Appeared To Me 4 Times & Said He Will Save Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.