Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,655 members, 7,820,278 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Vomiting After Deworming Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Vomiting After Deworming Dog (485 Views)

Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting / My German Shepherd Has Been Vomiting Thick Spit (foam) / Dog Deworming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vomiting After Deworming Dog by Plomo: 12:15pm On Aug 08, 2021
My dog has this annoying habit of throwing up after deworming. I know it’s a habit cos I’ve studied him.

When giving him the drug, I crush it and mix it with milk cos I know the drug is bitter and he fights and scratches me when I’m injecting it down his throat with a plunger.

After deworming him today, I mistakenly put out his food and water and he drank all the water in one go and has now thrown up the whole medicine.

Is there anything I can do to stop this or is there a more agreeable dewormer that the dog will happily chew?
Re: Vomiting After Deworming Dog by rottenPussy: 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2021
Change the medicine to a different brand; You can get chewable deworming tablet. Also, don’t feed him water immediately after the drugs. Give him fish, or meat to chew on.

Your dog can’t be as crazy as mine grin
Re: Vomiting After Deworming Dog by Plomo: 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2021
rottenPussy:
Change the medicine to a different brand; You can get chewable deworming tablet. Also, don’t feed him water immediately after the drugs. Give him fish, or meat to chew on.

Your dog can’t be as crazy as mine grin

Lol he’s crazy. Fussy. Bossy.

Some days he just decides he wants to leave his pen and starts barking by 4am. I come out and inspect incase something is making him uncomfortable but he’s just being fussy.

What breed is yours?

First time dog owner here though.
Re: Vomiting After Deworming Dog by rottenPussy: 1:32pm On Aug 08, 2021
Plomo:

Lol he’s crazy. Fussy. Bossy.

Some days he just decides he wants to leave his pen and starts barking by 4am. I come out and inspect incase something is making him uncomfortable but he’s just being fussy.

What breed is yours?

First time dog owner here though.
Mine is Boerboel; She is so bitchy. I recently considered swapping her for a cat undecided

She never want to stay in her cage. The moment she is chained she starts making irritating sounds to frustrate the environment until she is unchained, then she starts messing the compound up. She is so stubborn that if flogged with stick she won’t cry; I use high tension wire to flog her now!

She rejects all kind of food without meat or fish. There were times she refused to drink ordinary water unless it was milky water cry

First time dog owner too, and I have questioned that decision several times undecided
Re: Vomiting After Deworming Dog by Plomo: 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2021
rottenPussy:
Mine is Boerboel; She is so bitchy. I recently considered swapping her for a cat undecided

She never want to stay in her cage. The moment she is chained she starts making irritating sounds to frustrate the environment until she is unchained, then she starts messing the compound up. She is so stubborn that if flogged with stick she won’t cry; I use high tension wire to flog her now!

She rejects all kind of food without meat or fish. There were times she refused to drink ordinary water unless it was milky water cry

First time dog owner too, and I have questioned that decision several times undecided

Loool yes! I have gone through that eating phase with my dog too. I don’t bother wasting time and money to cook anymore. I just put out dry dog food and go about my business. When I notice it’s been eaten, I put out another. There are times he will eat one cup of dog food for like two days and some other times, he eats immediately I put it out.

And he hates being in a cage too so I just made a small enclosure for him to roam when he’s locked in at night. Mine is a lhasa.

They do the most annoying thing but the moment he comes to lick my toes, I just smile.
Re: Vomiting After Deworming Dog by MRLANNISTER(m): 9:09pm On Aug 08, 2021
Animal cruelty alart!

Use a vet. If you can't afford a dog don't keep one.
Re: Vomiting After Deworming Dog by Plomo: 10:10pm On Aug 08, 2021
MRLANNISTER:
Animal cruelty alart!

Use a vet. If you can't afford a dog don't keep one.

What is this one saying?

(1) (Reply)

Purebreed Caucasian Shepherd Puppies For Sale / My 3 Months+ Female BB Is Purging Too Much. Can Anyone Profer A Solution / Please I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.