Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Food Selections Don Dey Cause Trouble - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food Selections Don Dey Cause Trouble (464 Views)

Why My Ogbono Soup No Dey Draw / Giant Snake Killed Just This Afternoon In My Village. Food don Set / What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food Selections Don Dey Cause Trouble by Percy0006(m): 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2021
Good day guys, as dumb or funny this question might be but it’s causing too much misunderstanding in the house, me i love rice a lot that i can eat rice all day for a month without complaining, my wife doesn’t she prefer the swallows which I don’t fancy.. now she can’t cook two separate food and me I don’t like swallows wetin man go do now??
Re: Food Selections Don Dey Cause Trouble by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 08, 2021
She should be willing and ready to cook both meals to satisfy everyone.

Now, she doesn't have to do it everyday if she doesn't have the strength to.
At least, to save herself some stress, she can make a big batch of stew on day one and store in the freezer. Then the next day she can make soup and store up.

This way, anytime you want to have a meal, you'll only need to boil rice while she'll make swallow. Even if it's jollof you want, she can use the stew to prepare you jollof.

That way, you won't have to force your choice on the other person.

I don't see any big deal here. Just a question of improvising.

2 Likes

Re: Food Selections Don Dey Cause Trouble by mariahAngel(f): 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2021
Percy0006:
Good day guys, as dumb or funny this question might be but it’s causing too much misunderstanding in the house, me i love rice a lot that i can eat rice all day for a month without complaining, my wife doesn’t she prefer the swallows which I don’t fancy.. now she can’t cook two separate food and me I don’t like swallows wetin man go do now??

Why can’t she cook two different meals?
Re: Food Selections Don Dey Cause Trouble by Splinz(m): 1:20pm On Aug 11, 2021
Percy0006:

This shouldn't be a problem.

Since your wife prefers swallows and you like eating rice, then you guys should simply find a balanced. Your wife shouldn't find it difficult to make sure that whilst she cooks her own delight, her husband on the other hand isn't starving. I mean she knows you don't like eating swallows anyway. So it's only normal that she cooks two separate food to cater for both appetites.

However, if for whatever reason your wife is not able to cook your own food, I strongly suggest you do your own cooking. Of course, I know work and stuffs may not give you the chance. But then, so could be your wife. So what? Understanding and outgoing concern is required from both of you.

Rice is one of the simplest food to cook. Is it jollof, fried rice, coconut rice, rice & stew, native rice? I don't sweat cooking any of them or any kind of food. I know it could be that you don't know how to cook, sorry. But one can always learn. In fact, I think every adult, whether man or woman, should know how to cook his/her meals.

My chief, work on it eh. Don't let it stress you nor your wife. smiley

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Irish Potatoes For Sale / How To Make Very Spicy And Delicious Ofada Stew ( Ayamase Sauce) / Where Food Stuff Can Be Bought At Cheapest Rate IN Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.