Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,147 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano (415 Views)

Landlords Will Forfeit Homes Without Toilets – Ogun Commissioner / Oyo State Workers Get August Salary 2 Days Ahead Of Schedule / What Onnoghen Will Forfeit In 5 Accounts To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by NwaNimo1(m): 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2021
Any government worker in Anambra who abstains from office on Monday because of the sit-at-home order by the Indigenous People of Biafra IPOB, will forfeit his or her August salary, Governor Willie Obiano has threatened.

This was contained in a circular to heads of all the Ministries and parastaltals by the Head of Service HOS, Harry Uduh.

The government asked all Commissioners and Permanent Secretaries to monitor compliance in the State and report back

It reads: “The Government of Anambra State has directed that all workers in the State must attend to their duties on Monday 9th August 2021 as failure to do so will result in severe sanctions including loss of Salary for the month of August.

“All Hon. Commissioners and Permanent Secretaries are to monitor and report compliance please.

” Kindly give this information the widest publicity in your Establishment.” HOS.

READ ALSO: Nwankwo warns IPOB, MASSOB, says Nigeria won’t disintegrate
Fear of possible attack has gripped residents but Anambra Police Command said there was no cause for alarm

Speaking with The Nation, Anambra Police spokesman, Ikenga Tochukwu, said their duty was to protect lives and property of the residents

He said the Command with the other sister agencies would make sure no harm would befell any citizen as they move about their normal businesses

Before the circular on Sunday, the State government had made it clear residents should ignore the order by IPOB and go about their normal businesses.

But many residents said they would stick to the safe option of staying away.

One of the traders said even if the government offered her N1m to go to the market she would not accept.

“Those people behave like wild animals. I have my family to take care of. if I die now, who will take care of them? IPOB members are not human beings,” she stated.

A government worker in one of the ministries told The Nation he would monitor the situation first before any taking decision.

He said it would be better to lose one month salary than his life in the hands of the ‘beasts’ when he was nearing his retirement period.

“No one will like to disobey government directive but the IPOB members are heartless.

” They are the “unknown gunmen”, nobody knows their minds. It’s a difficult situation for the workers in Anambra,” the worker said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/Igbos-sit-at-home-absentee-workers-will-forfeit-august-salary-obiano-threatens/
Re: Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by yanabasee1(m): 3:02pm On Aug 08, 2021
I support this ....

If you stay at home.... You should go and collect your August salary from MNK inside DSS detention mall....

You can't be listening to hoodlums against the government that is paying you....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by GardenOfGod(m): 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2021
This IPOB matter is funny sometimes. Are there no other saner, civilised, informed, wiser, sophisticated method of expressing their grievances than "sit at home?"
Just asking.

4 Likes

Re: Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by Penguin2: 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2021
GardenOfGod:
Reading
Re: Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by Buckeyemedia1: 3:04pm On Aug 08, 2021
Confusion break bone for Biafra? Very soon they will be aware who their true enemies are, Bunch of Jokers.
Re: Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by Penguin2: 3:05pm On Aug 08, 2021
Obiano the drunkard with his colour riot dress sense.

You want the workers to endanger their lives coming to work or will you ensure their safety?

Onye ala!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by Buckeyemedia1: 3:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
Penguin2:
Obiano the drunkard with his colour riot dress sense.

You want the workers to endanger their lives coming to work or will you ensure their safety?

Onye ala!
Who will endanger their lives? Tomorrow when police will parade those Miscreants, they will claim innocenti, & deny ipob? Faceless Cowards, then the ones on the internet will shout victimization?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by Aboks(m): 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2021
OK all this southeast governors wey no get mind

If na nyesom wike na talk and do
Re: Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by GardenOfGod(m): 3:10pm On Aug 08, 2021
Penguin2:
Reading
Re: Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by Penguin2: 3:10pm On Aug 08, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Who will endanger their lives? Tomorrow when police will parade those Miscreants, they will claim innocenti, & deny ipob.

Please come to Upper Iweka tomorrow, I want to check something undecided
Re: Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by Buckeyemedia1: 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2021
Penguin2:

Please come to Upper Iweka tomorrow, I want to check something undecided
Where is upper Iweka?Please come to Lekki 110245 Lagos State, Why will I leave the city to come & hang around in a village?

4 Likes

Re: Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by Solsix(m): 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2021
I am from Anambra state Nnewi to be precise and I support the government on this. This madness has to stop. For how long will economic activities be stalled for nothing. Do they want to cripple south east economy?? These guys don't know how much that is been lost by this useless sit at home. If this is the only way to get biafra am out of it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by AntiBMC(m): 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2021
Says the drunkard, who married his secretary after she kill£d his wife.

This sick psycho is also a south eastern leader and we expect disintegration to work? All these so-called leaders who are simply filling their offshore accounts with funds gotten from this hellhole won't allow it to break. They should b dealt with first b4 any form of progress can happen.
Re: Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by SensetionalGoal(m): 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2021
Just come to upper iweka and say it, not hiding behind your wife's back and be opening your mouth waaaaà
Re: Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by Buckeyemedia1: 3:19pm On Aug 08, 2021
AntiBMC:
Says the drunkard, who married his secretary after she kill£d his wife.

This sick psycho is also a south eastern leader and we expect disintegration to work? All these so-called leaders who are simply filling their offshore accounts with funds gotten from this hellhole won't allow it to break. They should b dealt with first b4 any form of progress can happen.
Failure isn’t Obiano your Father’s mate? Shameless thing, keep deceiving your alter ego waiting for Biafra.

3 Likes

Re: Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by Muna4real(f): 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2021
Shebi this sit at home is just for one day out of 31 days? Why is there so much noise about it? Don't we observe public holidays in Nigeria? Have we died?
Re: Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by Buckeyemedia1: 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2021
Muna4real:
Shebi this sit at home is just for one day out of 31 days? Why is there so much noise about it? Don't we observe public holidays in Nigeria? Have we died?
This is a Biafran peoples issue East of the River Niger that wont go pass, or cross the Onitsha bridge, what concerns Nigeria? Let them stay @ home till Independence Day if they so choose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by paramakina202: 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2021
Police and army should be on the streets tomorrow to deal with any trouble maker.
Re: Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by AntiBMC(m): 7:12pm On Aug 08, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
I am a Failure, a corpse. isn’t Obiano my Father’s mate? Shameless thing like my h0e mother, she keeps deceiving my dimwit father...telling him, he's d only one. He doesn't know he shares her with c0ws and horses. I'm beginning to think my father myt b a c0w or a horse. Probably why I myt die while typing like a f0ol on nairaland and nobody will know.
Re: Ipob’s Sit-at-home : Absentee Workers Will Forfeit August Salary, Obiano by vanunu: 8:08pm On Aug 08, 2021
GardenOfGod:
This IPOB matter is funny sometimes. Are there no other saner, civilised, informed, wiser, sophisticated method of expressing their grievances than "sit at home?"
Just asking.

It is called passive resistance.

(1) (Reply)

The Monster Called IPOB / Col Ibrahim Sakaba’s Wife Accuses Nigerian Army Of Killing Husband For Refusing / Breaking News: Why Fuel Price Will Be N300/litre As Buhari Sign Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.