Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,519 members, 7,954,971 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:25 PM

How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Room - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Room (2593 Views)

My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out / LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR / The Centipede I Killed In my Room. I Am Scared (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Room by Kiddo01(m): 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2021
How do I get rid of bed bugs in my room

This bed bugs of a thing is very annoying.
I moved in to my new apartment for about 9 months now, but the experience I have now is nothing to write home about as the presence of bed bugs coupled with it's bites keep making the house unenjoyable.
I've never seen bed bugs in my room before, until I moved to this apartment
I've applied many types of insecticide but to no avail. For like two times I brought out my foam and furniture for sun to dry it but it seems not to stop.
I know there are expert in fumigation and pest control in the house, how do I get rid of these annoying creature in my room, perhaps others who must have had similar experience, how did you handle the situation
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Room by Deasegun19(m): 3:31pm On Aug 08, 2021
waiting for a lasting solution
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Room by bouncin04(m): 3:36pm On Aug 08, 2021
Discard your matress ... dammit !! angry .
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Room by PointZerom: 3:53pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kiddo01:
How do I get rid of bed bugs in my room

This bed bugs of a thing is very annoying.
I moved in to my new apartment for about 9 months now, but the experience I have now is nothing to write home about as the presence of bed bugs coupled with it's bites keep making the house unenjoyable.
I've never seen bed bugs in my room before, until I moved to this apartment
I've applied many types of insecticide but to no avail. For like two times I brought out my foam and furniture for sun to dry it but it seems not to stop.
I know there are expert in fumigation and pest control in the house, how do I get rid of these annoying creature in my room, perhaps others who must have had similar experienece, how did you handle the situation

Sunlight doesn't kill bed bug.
Buy enough baygon insecticide, bring your form out and spray through the hidden edges, crack walls and furniture & door gaps/joints. Do this repeatedly. Check your neighbors if the entire house is infested. Remember that bed bug can stay one year without food and still survive and it can climb walls as well.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Room by Kiddo01(m): 11:59am On Aug 09, 2021
PointZerom:

Buy enough baygon insecticide, bring your form out and spray through the hidden edges, crack walls and furniture & door gaps/joints. Do this repeatedly. Check your neighbors if the entire house is infested. Remember that bed bug can stay one year without food and still survive and it can climb walls as well.

Thanks you very much
I think the problem is that the insect is already within the neighborhood/the compound that's why after several attempt to get rid of them, they still come back
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Room by Plomo: 12:04pm On Aug 09, 2021
Kiddo01:

Thanks you very much
I think the problem is that the insect is already within the neighborhood/the compound that's why after several attempt to get rid of them, they still come back

Not necessarily

PointZerom:

Killing the bug is a small thing. It’s no big deal.

I’m sure you didn’t know that spraying ordinary methylated spirit directly on them kills them fast too? You can try it and see.

The main problem is their eggs. Their eggs are tiny, very well hidden in places where the bugs cannot hide themselves.

Insecticides cannot do anything to their eggs. That’s why after you spray, it seems like you won the battle but give it a few days and they’re back again.

If you want to really get rid of bed bugs then get rid of their eggs and you’ll be free.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Room by PointZerom: 1:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
Plomo:

Not necessarily

I’m sure you didn’t know that spraying ordinary methylated spirit directly on them kills them fast too? You can try it and see.

The main problem is their eggs. Their eggs are tiny, very well hidden in places where the bugs cannot hide themselves.

Insecticides cannot do anything to their eggs. That’s why after you spray, it seems like you won the battle but give it a few days and they’re back again.

If you want to really get rid of bed bugs then get rid of their eggs and you’ll be free.

Insecticide kills everything about Bugs. Spray it directly into every wall cracks, furniture joints, foam ribbons and every other hidden places. The bugs will die and their eggs will dry up.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Room by PointZerom: 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
Kiddo01:

Thanks you very much

In that case the whole tenant should get a fumigator.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Room by Kiddo01(m): 9:41pm On Aug 09, 2021
PointZerom:

Insecticide kills everything about Bugs. Spray it directly into every wall cracks, furniture joints, foam ribbons and every other hidden places. The bugs will die and their eggs will dry up.

You're right dear, the eggs are really the problem because even when I think I've won them, lo and behold they're back, from no where
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Room by Kiddo01(m): 9:44pm On Aug 09, 2021
Plomo:

Not necessarily

PointZerom:

How sure are you with regards to the methylated spirit, I'd like to apply that
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Room by Plomo: 10:01pm On Aug 09, 2021
Kiddo01:

How sure are you with regards to the methylated spirit, I'd like to apply that

You can try and see.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Room by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 10, 2021
Go and buy sniper insecticide, get an empty pet bottle of big cola, pour the sniper inside, add water to fill up the bottle, shake thoroughly then make a small hole on the cover with nail, spray it everywhere in your room, remove the bedsheet on your foam, spray it on your foam too, make sure to finish everything in the pet bottle at once, do it consecutively every week for 6 weeks, after that if you feel any bedbug in your house again, come and beat me, but if you do not feel anything again, get me a big bowl of ice cream.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Room by Kiddo01(m): 8:54am On Aug 10, 2021
BKsoul:
Go and buy sniper insecticide, get an empty pet bottle of big cola, pour the sniper inside, add water to fill up the bottle, shake thoroughly then make a small hole on the cover with nail, spray it everywhere in your room, remove the bedsheet on your foam, spray it on your foam too, make sure to finish everything in the pet bottle at once, do it consecutively every week for 6 weeks, after that if you feel any bedbug in your house again, come and beat me, but if you do not feel anything again, get me a big bowl of ice cream.
This is cool, I'd like to try it
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Room by Mumben(f): 3:59pm On Aug 10, 2021
Kiddo01:

This is cool, I'd like to try it
Yeah, do as Bksoul told you. It is very difficult to get rid of bugs because of d eggs but I bet you, if u follow her suggestion, they will disappear for good. D idea is that you don't give them room to regroup n attack. U attack them as they re hatching, u re attacking until there are no more eggs to hatch. Leave d room for some hours after applying d sniper cos it's dangerous.
Lastly, if there are cracks on ur walls, cement them and repaint ur walls. Goodluck
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In My Room by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2021
Mumben:

Yeah, do as Bksoul told you. It is very difficult to get rid of bugs because of d eggs but I bet you, if u follow her suggestion, they will disappear for good. D idea is that you don't give them room to regroup n attack. U attack them as they re hatching, u re attacking until there are no more eggs to hatch. Leave d room for some hours after applying d sniper cos it's dangerous.
Lastly, if there are cracks on ur walls, cement them and repaint ur walls. Goodluck

Yea...that is the trick...

(1) (Reply)

Is It Safe To Allow Another Woman Breastfeed Your Baby? / Child Born With Facial Deformity Abandoned In A Kisumu Hospital (photos) / Can Fallopian Tubes Be Unblocked Naturally Thru Herbs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.