Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move (865 Views)

Achraf Hakimi's Wife Filed For A Divorce, But Found Out He Got No Property / La Liga Could Block Messi From Playing For Barcelona Until January / Paul Pogba Rejects New Man Utd Contract As £60m PSG Move Edges Closer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Teeeecash(m): 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2021
Lionel Messi's future might not be as clear as it seems to be. A complaint has been filed with the European Commission in an attempt to prevent Paris Saint-Germain from signing the Argentine.

The complaint, which MARCA have gained exclusive access to, is based on financial facts, and claims that Financial Fair Play should rule PSG out of the running for Messi's signature.

"PSG's ratio with regards to Financial Fair Play is worse than Barcelona's," the statement sent to the Court of Appeals by Dr. Juan Branco on behalf of Barcelona's members.

"In 2019/20, 99 percent of PSG's income was used for salaries, whereas it was 54 percent for Barcelona."

Those behind the complaint, which has been sent and is now pending, hope to block Messi's move to PSG, claiming that competition has been distorted by the French club's spending.

It states that Joan Laporta's reason for not being able to renew Messi's contract was that, even with the player taking a 50 salary reduction, Barcelona's salary would have been 110 percent of the cap imposed by the European body and by LaLiga.

A race against time
The decision to block the move has to come before any contract is signed. Otherwise, it would only serve to drag things out.

PSG's salaries
There was also a reference made to the signings PSG have already made this summer, having brought Gianluigi Donnarumma, Sergio Ramos, Achraf Hakimi and Georginio Wijnaldum previously. Those players join Kylian Mbappe, Neymar and Marco Verratti on PSG's books.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2021/08/08/610fec07ca474146668b4581.html
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by kenzysmith: 6:03pm On Aug 08, 2021
Teeeecash:

Lionel Messi's future might not be as clear as it seems to be. A complaint has been filed with the European Commission in an attempt to prevent Paris Saint-Germain from signing the Argentine.

The complaint, which MARCA have gained exclusive access to, is based on financial facts, and claims that Financial Fair Play should rule PSG out of the running for Messi's signature.

"PSG's ratio with regards to Financial Fair Play is worse than Barcelona's," the statement sent to the Court of Appeals by Dr. Juan Branco on behalf of Barcelona's members.

"In 2019/20, 99 percent of PSG's income was used for salaries, whereas it was 54 percent for Barcelona."

Those behind the complaint, which has been sent and is now pending, hope to block Messi's move to PSG, claiming that competition has been distorted by the French club's spending.

It states that Joan Laporta's reason for not being able to renew Messi's contract was that, even with the player taking a 50 salary reduction, Barcelona's salary would have been 110 percent of the cap imposed by the European body and by LaLiga.

A race against time
The decision to block the move has to come before any contract is signed. Otherwise, it would only serve to drag things out.

PSG's salaries
There was also a reference made to the signings PSG have already made this summer, having brought Gianluigi Donnarumma, Sergio Ramos, Achraf Hakimi and Georginio Wijnaldum previously. Those players join Kylian Mbappe, Neymar and Marco Verratti on PSG's books.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2021/08/08/610fec07ca474146668b4581.html
a
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by rottennaija(m): 6:04pm On Aug 08, 2021
Just saw it on marca. They should allow this guy rest, it's not his fault to be loyal to barca. They should not mess up the remaining few years of his career, he deserve that much.

1 Like

Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Rtk5: 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2021
Now i know that something is trully wrong with Barça.

2 Likes

Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Humanoid01(m): 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2021
rottennaija:
Just saw it on marca. They should allow this guy rest, it's not his fault to be loyal to barca. They should not mess up the remaining few years of his career, he deserve that much.
I think this is good for PSG now. If the deal pulls through and UEFA eventually finds out that Barcelona's claim is true, it would put a dent on PSG's ambitions to sign players in the nearest future, because they'll definitely be facing a transfer ban (with other possible bans), and it could even be worse than Chelsea's.
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by kayuseful: 6:54pm On Aug 08, 2021
Good move!
What is good for the goose is also good for the gander

1 Like

Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by insidelife22(m): 6:57pm On Aug 08, 2021
barca abeg cry your own cry!

1 Like

Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by triumphadler: 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2021
Messi should have left Barcelona when the ovation was loudest.
He didnt learn from Ronaldo forgetting that to everything, there is a time and season.
That's why Ronaldo seems to be the best player coz he applies wisdom and is smart

4 Likes

Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Mangekyo: 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
It mean his best option would be to come to Chelsea. Not bad

1 Like

Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Mangekyo: 7:07pm On Aug 08, 2021
But thes barca done dey get bad belle for Messi. Mumu ppl
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by ojaysam25(m): 7:13pm On Aug 08, 2021
rottennaija:
Which loyal, someone that milks the club dry and decides to run in search of more money in their darkest hour
If he was loyal he would have taken a pay cut
His salary would be pay in full in five years time but he is expected to play two years is that one pay cut
The guy is very selfish

1 Like

Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Humanoid01(m): 7:14pm On Aug 08, 2021
Mangekyo:
But thes barca done dey get bad belle for Messi. Mumu ppl
Lol it's not really bad belle, it's selfishness. They want to keep him by all means. They expect UEFA to reconsider them and boost their chances of keeping him since PSG's ratio according to UEFA's financial fair play regulations, is a lot worse than Barca's. They're making a case here, and also indirectly trying to save PSG from a possible future transfer ban.
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Mangekyo: 7:18pm On Aug 08, 2021
Humanoid01:

Lol it's not really bad belle, it's selfishness. They want to keep him by all means. They expect UEFA to reconsider them and boost their chances of keeping him since PSG's ratio according to UEFA's financial fair play regulations, is a lot worse than Barca's. They're making a case here, and also indirectly trying to save PSG from a possible future transfer ban.

PSG don't want any savior, they never said they wanted anyone to help them. Barca should leave them TF alone
Barca really want to keep messi in this shit team with pique and lenglet still at the heart of their Defence. It shows they don't want the best for him. Messi has said he wants to win trophies now that he's close to retirement, especially the UCL. why can't Barca just allow him to go to a club that can make it possible since they themselves are shit? They don't even respect Messi.
Walahi I hate barca
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Humanoid01(m): 7:22pm On Aug 08, 2021
ojaysam25:

Which loyal, someone that milks the club dry and decides to run in search of more money in their darkest hour
If he was loyal he would have taken a pay cut
His salary would be pay in full in five years time but he is expected to play two years is that one pay cut
The guy is very selfish
Reading in detail won't do you any harm.

Both parties (Barcelona and Messi) accepted a pay cut, but according to the club's president that still wouldn't be enough to make them satisfy the financial fair play rule. They would become indebted over time.

Messi never wanted to leave.

2 Likes

Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Humanoid01(m): 7:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
Mangekyo:

PSG don't want any savior, they never said they wanted anyone to help them. Barca should leave them TF alone
Barca really want to keep messi in this shit team with pique and lenglet still at the heart of their Defence. It shows they don't want the best for him. Messi has said he wants to win trophies now that he's close to retirement, especially the UCL. why can't Barca just allow him to go to a club that can make it possible since they themselves are shit? They don't even respect Messi.
Walahi I hate barca
Messi? Trophies? Lol he's had too many for him to want more elsewhere, maybe the world cup is his top priority now.

Like I said, they're just being selfish and the truth is, it's not just about Barca. Messi wanted to stay. If he didn't, then he wouldn't have accepted a pay cut just to remain there.
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Mangekyo: 7:29pm On Aug 08, 2021
Humanoid01:

Messi? Trophies? Lol he's had too many for him to want more elsewhere, maybe the world cup is his top priority now.

Like I said, they're just being selfish and the truth is, it's not just about Barca. Messi wanted to stay. If he didn't, then he wouldn't have accepted a pay cut.

Did you even read his press conference today? He said he wants more trophy. Go read up of you think I'm lying, or better still ill go copy them and past for you.

He wants more trophy. Barcelona are shit, they don't have the capability of winning even laliga again not to talk of ucl.
They should stop being stingy and leg Messi go. He's tried for them already
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Mangekyo: 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2021
Humanoid01:

Like I said, they're just being selfish and the truth is, it's not just about Barca. Messi wanted to stay. If he didn't, then he wouldn't have accepted a pay cut just to remain there.

What will it be like to potentially play against Barcelona?

Messi: “The last few years of my career I’m going to fight for titles. I want to win. There’s no doubt that I will leave and join a club that competes with Barcelona. I didn’t want to leave but I want to continue winning.

“Congratulations to Dani Alves [on winning Olympic gold]. I want more trophies. I want to overtake my friend.”
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Humanoid01(m): 7:37pm On Aug 08, 2021
Mangekyo:

Did you even read his press conference today? He said he wants more trophy. Go read up of you think I'm lying, or better still ill go copy them and past for you.

He wants more trophy. Barcelona are shit, they don't have the capability of winning even laliga again not to talk of ucl.
They should stop being stingy and leg Messi go. He's tried for them already
It's natural human instinct to do everything possible to keep the best around, but he has really tried for them.
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by ojaysam25(m): 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2021
Humanoid01:

Reading in detail won't do you any harm.

Both parties (Barcelona and Messi) accepted a pay cut, but according to the club's president that still wouldn't be enough to make them satisfy the financial fair play rule. They would become indebted over time.

Messi never wanted to leave.
Messi salaries would be pay in full in five years time
There was no pay cut messi would play two years then barca will use the remaining three years to pay messi complete salary that is the situation
Messi left barca because of money and fulfilling his desires to win more trophies
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Humanoid01(m): 7:45pm On Aug 08, 2021
Mangekyo:

What will it be like to potentially play against Barcelona?

Messi: “The last few years of my career I’m going to fight for titles. I want to win. There’s no doubt that I will leave and join a club that competes with Barcelona. I didn’t want to leave but I want to continue winning.

“Congratulations to Dani Alves [on winning Olympic gold]. I want more trophies. I want to overtake my friend.”
I never doubted you, but why would he choose to remain there despite the proposal of a pay cut?
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Teeeecash(m): 7:53pm On Aug 08, 2021
ojaysam25:

There was no pay cut messi would play two years then barca will use the remaining three years to pay messi complete salary that is the situation
Messi left barca because of money and fulfilling his desires to win more trophies
guy you harsh
Where did you read this your lies from ??

It's obvious not from any news outlet.. lemme help you with barca website or marca for you to read proper news...not all this thrash you typed up there
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Humanoid01(m): 7:53pm On Aug 08, 2021
ojaysam25:

Where did you get this information? I can't find it anywhere on the net.
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Teeeecash(m): 7:55pm On Aug 08, 2021
Humanoid01:

Where did you get this information?
E tire me o grin grin
That dude being read back of newspaper
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Teeeecash(m): 7:57pm On Aug 08, 2021
Mangekyo:

Walahi I hate barca
it's obvious you hate barca grin because all what you typed is thrash...you probably a Man u, Madrid or Arsenal fan
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Teeeecash(m): 8:03pm On Aug 08, 2021
Most of you are just typing rubbish, go to barca website or marca and read the details.
Barcelona are in serious debt, their wages is 95percent of their income which is way high, to accommodate messi, he reduced is salary by 50 percent and can't go below that because of Spanish law that says a club should pay a player nothing less than 50 percent of his previous wages which means that a player can't play for free. Including this 50 percent to the already high wages, it is 115percent of the total income which is not allowed by la liga, automatically, barca can't resign messi, infact registering their news signing will be abit tricky for them because of the high wages
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by ojaysam25(m): 8:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
Teeeecash:
guy you harsh
Where did you read this your lies from ??

It's obvious not from any news outlet.. lemme help you with barca website or marca for yoKu to read proper news...not all this thrash you typed up there
The truth will eventualy come out because i smell a backlash between messi and barca in the nearest future
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Kingcalls: 7:58am On Aug 09, 2021
U cant blame barca....they were not allowed to renew messis contract due to FFP , same issues PSG have ....so y allow PSG and not allow barca
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by Mangekyo: 9:43pm On Aug 09, 2021
Teeeecash:
it's obvious you hate barca grin because all what you typed is thrash...you probably a Man u, Madrid or Arsenal fan

Im a Chelsea fan. I used to support barca, I've been supporting them for more than 6 years now. But I stopped when they failed to sign a single defender even after losing in large margins to Roma, Liverpool, Bayern, and PSG. It's like they expect Messi to always defend for them. Useless team
Re: Complaints Filed Aiming To Block Messi's PSG Move by uthlaw: 7:32am On Aug 10, 2021
triumphadler:
Messi should have left Barcelona when the ovation was loudest.
He didnt learn from Ronaldo forgetting that to everything, there is a time and season.
That's why Ronaldo seems to be the best player coz he applies wisdom and is smart
laff wan kill me with this rubish you posted.......Madrid sent him away because they can't increase his wages,so his the best player for running to Juventus,whereas, France president is waiting to welcome the king of them all!

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Need To Improve Their Performances / Want To Sell Or Buy Egold / Serena Wins It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.