Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

The Rot In Nigeria's Railway Stations - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Rot In Nigeria's Railway Stations (442 Views)

2 Police Stations Burnt In Lagos, 2 Killed, As Military Stops Attack On Others / IGP Deploys Dogs To Fight Kidnapping And Armed Robbery In Railway Stations / Man Killed By Axe-wielding Cultists Along A Railway In Benue. Graphic Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rot In Nigeria's Railway Stations by Ogalanyaidi(m): 9:12pm On Aug 08, 2021
Another Nigerian narrates his experience boarding the train at Itakpe Kogi state

I am so pained... Why the Sabotage

I rushed into the train station at Itakpe Kogi, state at about 1:30 pm today, with the fear that I may miss the second and last train for the day.

As I approached the pay point, an armed Police officer signalled another also bearing arm and he beckoned on me to wait, I stopped thinking they had suspected my luggage. He came close to me and said, let me take you into the train and give you a sit without a ticket, just give me a thousand instead of the full ticket fee.

Are you wondering what my response will be? I rejected the offer of course and opted for the ticket but I was angry in my spirit.

I thought of my friend Martin who has since been employed into the NRC courtesy of the revitalized train transportation system, I thought about the entire people this sector have created job for, from the tickets, to the support staff, to the indirect jobs created on the value chain and how easy and convinient it has become to travel. I became.more furious in my spirit as I struggled to mutter " what a sabotage" repeatedly.

This is what endemic curruption has done to is, a people Intentionally sabotaging their future.

I could imagine how many people the police aide to sabotage the system and boycott buying tickets on a daily basis.

I started looking for who to report to, I spoke to a ticket who asked me to look for the station manager. Even they themselves are helpless because the issue has been persistent.

My question is; How do we solve the mess?

When do we stop working against our own progress?

The citizens are the bigger culprit. Why would you not want to pay for the ride? If it was your family business would you accept such?

Let us think about this.

I am #ugagatalk
Re: The Rot In Nigeria's Railway Stations by yuping(m): 9:29pm On Aug 08, 2021
I say na zoo we dey.

1 Like

Re: The Rot In Nigeria's Railway Stations by Olabode971(f): 9:55pm On Aug 08, 2021
grin

Nigeria is founded on falsehood, corruption and irregularities.

Take or leave it, na zoogeria we dey.

1 Like

Re: The Rot In Nigeria's Railway Stations by EXOUSIAng: 4:45am On Aug 09, 2021
The biggest problem we have is not the government but the people.
Until we change as a people the country goes no where.
We wanna bribe the law enforcement men and still we wanna blame them for collecting bribe,
We block the drainages with trash and blame the government for flooded roads.
We don't wanna pay NEPA bills but we want light
The revamped NRC is going the way of Nigerian Airways and the old NRC
Tomorrow same paying and taking bribes will take the front sit in blaming the government...
We complain of lack of maintainance culture but why should someone deficate in a newly constructed world class bus station, na government send an go shit
Seun please move this to the front page.
Re: The Rot In Nigeria's Railway Stations by EXOUSIAng: 4:57am On Aug 09, 2021
Olabode971:
grin

Nigeria is founded on falsehood, corruption and irregularities.

Take or leave it, na zoogeria we dey.
You are obviously too Young to know the Nigeria where things were done in order and due process was followed.... We are so morally bankrupt we no longer have word morals
Re: The Rot In Nigeria's Railway Stations by Govocrete: 7:28am On Aug 09, 2021
Am at the train station from Warri (Environ) heading to Itakpe.

The police assigned to the train is reserving seats and offering them to who will pay him extra. He have to remove a young man from a seat in the name of a seat reserved for him only for him to replace him with someone else.

The authority should caution both the Police and railway workers who are corrupting the system. I don't know while a none traveller should be allow to start hawking on the train (The young man in the picture is hawking phone charger).

(1) (Reply)

Nanny, 63, In Police Net Over R*pe Of Mentally Challenged Girl, 8 / Kidnappers Beaten To Stupor In Edo State (video) / SHOCKING!!!! Ebubeagu Security Members Arrest Two Child Traffickers In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.