Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,681 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

3 Reasons Why The Sit-at-home Order In The South East Will Fail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Reasons Why The Sit-at-home Order In The South East Will Fail (905 Views)

Orji Kalu: President’s Visit To South-east Will Clear Lies That He Is Not Buhari / 'Any Army Sent To South-East Will Die' - Nnamdi Kanu / Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons Why The Sit-at-home Order In The South East Will Fail by AJohnnasa(m): 11:26pm On Aug 08, 2021
The Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) announced that starting from Monday, 9 August, 2021 indigenes, residents, and visitors in southeastern Nigeria will sit at home every Monday.

According to the group, the sit-at-home action is to show solidarity with their leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, as well as to protest his continued detention.

The proscribed group warned that all public and private institutions including airports, transport companies, banks, schools etc., must be shut down to observe the sit-at-home. They also threatened to deal with anyone who flouts the order.

The sit-at-home exercise has been criticised extensively in many quarters for its rashness and lack of sincerity of purpose.

However, here are two reasons why I the sit-at-home order by IPOB will fail:

1. Hunger

The Igbos are known majorly for trading and other forms of business. However, a large majority of the populace in the southeast depend on daily income businesses for survival.

Take for instance, the average akara woman or food seller on the street. How do you think they and their families will cope if they failed to go out in one day?

If the example above did not do justice to the point, imagine hawkers or truck/wheelbarrow pushers, who could only eat when they go out to carry loads for others for a fee.

These set of people who can only afford a meal when they work are expected to sit at home and do nothing for one whole day?

Granted, they may give in on the first day of the sit-at-home exercise and maybe on the second day, but what is the guarantee that they will continue to sit at home every Monday if no one took care of their needs?

I reckon they will simply ignore the order and hit the streets.

Continue reading: https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=ad844d346d19bb11c21c69933bd85662&news_entry_id=s25436ac1210808en_ng&open_type=tanscoded&request_id=news_34ec32fb-8dec-4e52-9bda-d63bbeda04b0&from=news

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Sit-at-home Order In The South East Will Fail by Sergio101(m): 11:45pm On Aug 08, 2021
The headache is yours. The way is ours wink cheesy

10 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Sit-at-home Order In The South East Will Fail by Goodmarlian: 11:52pm On Aug 08, 2021
Hungry blogger
Rie nsi... angry

8 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Sit-at-home Order In The South East Will Fail by AJohnnasa(m): 11:59pm On Aug 08, 2021
Goodmarlian:
Hungry blogger
Rie nsi... angry

cheesy
E pain am.
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Sit-at-home Order In The South East Will Fail by udele1: 12:10am On Aug 09, 2021
It will be the beginning of the end of IPOB in igboland. They will stupidly provoke Igbo's to hate them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Sit-at-home Order In The South East Will Fail by AJohnnasa(m): 6:55am On Aug 09, 2021
udele1:
It will be the beginning of the end of IPOB in igboland. They will stupidly provoke Igbo's to hate them.

Exactly my thoughts.
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Sit-at-home Order In The South East Will Fail by Anago55: 7:01am On Aug 09, 2021
Funny boy

Come to Ebonyi state and see total compliance. I mean 100% total lockdown

It is official, the Eastern governors and other leaders have lost power to the IPOB. It's time the Eastern governors put the ego aside and negotiate with IPOB.

I am a neutral body in this struggle

5 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Sit-at-home Order In The South East Will Fail by MadamExcellency: 7:04am On Aug 09, 2021
udele1:
It will be the beginning of the end of IPOB in igboland. They will stupidly provoke Igbos to hate them.

Nobody can hate and deny his existence and people as you do.

Igbokwe wanabee. Have you finish worshipping Tinubu?

4 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Sit-at-home Order In The South East Will Fail by Emergingnation(m): 7:08am On Aug 09, 2021
AJohnnasa:
[s]

Exactly my thoughts.
udele1:
It will be the beginning of the end of IPOB in igboland. They will stupidly provoke Igbo's to hate them[/s].
Chronic unity beggars.

Nigeria has gone to the dogs,

She is long dead, waiting to be buried,

Biafra is the holy hope, we'll do every possible that'll led to actualization of our dreams country.

Marauding fulani terrorist should go and hang themselves for all we care !

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Sit-at-home Order In The South East Will Fail by loveth360(f): 7:25am On Aug 09, 2021
We have 100% compliance in Onitsha.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Sit-at-home Order In The South East Will Fail by Arda1000(m): 7:27am On Aug 09, 2021
U really don’t know Igbo people take the nearest bus after today sit at home,relocate to East and spend at least a year here so u can study the Igbo,we will never leave our own behind, talk more of NK that at least is fighting to better the local man abeg swerv if Igbo can bounce back after the war in a short period of time,then staying at home a day to show our support for a man who is sacrificing his comfort for us is a little price,not all of us like NK but I cannot lie to myself I won’t be able to do half of what his doing,I for don cash out since go enjoy life with my family abeg but the guy is so determined to destroy Nigeria so I respect him for that

4 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Sit-at-home Order In The South East Will Fail by esnbrutality: 7:52am On Aug 09, 2021
@mekaboy....why bothering if IGBO PEOPLE will hate IPOB? Tell your foolish self the truth...being formidable is ingrained in the DNA of IGBOs. So all your Foolishness didn't make you better than them...so why are you becoming more brain dead? The sit at home is progressing beautifully.

udele1:

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Sit-at-home Order In The South East Will Fail by esnbrutality: 7:55am On Aug 09, 2021
God Bless you. The funniest thing is that the guys tenacity is infectious. Efulefus and even the political class are learning the hard way. Power resides with the people TOTALLY!!

Arda1000:
U really don’t know Igbo people take the nearest bus after today sit at home,relocate to East and spend at least a year here so u can study the Igbo,we will never leave our own behind, talk more of NK that at least is fighting to better the local man abeg swerv if Igbo can bounce back after the war in a short period of time,then staying at home a day to show our support for a man who is sacrificing his comfort for us is a little price,not all of us like NK but I cannot lie to myself I won’t be able to do half of what his doing,I for don cash out since go enjoy life with my family abeg but the guy is so determined to destroy Nigeria so I respect him for that

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Sit-at-home Order In The South East Will Fail by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:04am On Aug 09, 2021
Either they sit at home or not hunger persist in the land! What's the government doing about it

Funny, isn't You all left your over feeding region to discuss the DOTS minding their own business cheesy grin grin

The frustration is real

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Sit-at-home Order In The South East Will Fail by udele1: 8:41am On Aug 09, 2021
esnbrutality:
@mekaboy....why bothering if IGBO PEOPLE will hate IPOB? Tell your foolish self the truth...being formidable is ingrained in the DNA of IGBOs. So all your Foolishness didn't make you better than them...so why are you becoming more brain dead? The sit at home is progressing beautifully.

That is why igbos wont get presidency in 2023, neither is any Biafra coming.
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Sit-at-home Order In The South East Will Fail by esnbrutality: 8:47am On Aug 09, 2021
GOD PUNISH THE USELESS PRESIDENCY.

THE CURRENT PRESIDENT HAS MADE YOU A MILLIONAIRE ABI? THE ROADS TO YOUR HOUSE IS PAVED IN GOOD ABI?

THE HOSPITAL IN YOUR ZONE IS SO GOOD THAT BUHARI TRAVELLED TO UK ABI?

THE SCHOOLS IN THR NORTH ARE SAFE ABI.??

I hate Foolishness and I want you to know that BIAFRA is a DONE DEAL. Carry your useless PRESIDENCY and dash it to NIGER Republic....Spits

udele1:

That is why igbos wont get presidency in 2023, neither is any Biafra coming.
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Sit-at-home Order In The South East Will Fail by Muna4real(f): 8:49am On Aug 09, 2021
Rubbish. All streets are empty.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Unknown Gunmen Attack DSS Office In Nnewi, Anambra State. / Bereaved Mother Of An #endsars Protesters Who Was Killed By Security Operatives / 2023: Yoruba Group Reject Tinubu Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.