Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,474 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

God's Will Vs Heart Desire. Christians Discuss - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Will Vs Heart Desire. Christians Discuss (270 Views)

The Magic Within: How To Achieve Your Heart’s Desire Spell Works Wonders / Expectation: The Key To Manifesting Your Heart Desire / Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God's Will Vs Heart Desire. Christians Discuss by OneMarvee(f): 12:42am On Aug 09, 2021
Isaiah 55:8 explains that God's ways are quite different from ours, further down the new testament, we are encouraged to trust in God and not lean on our own understanding.
But many times we always pray that God grants our wishes and heart desires, we ask for all the thing we can think of. I always wonder, do Christians realize God's plan might be different from our personal agendas? No matter how good or promising they might appear. How many times do we purposefully pray for God's will to be done in our lives?
Now this is not to juxtapose seeking the face of God for something crucial or extremely personal, I am talking in generic terms.
Are we willing to know about God's plan and promises for us as in Jeremiah 29:11? Or we are swallowed by our wants, desires and aspirations?

Shower thoughts with One Marvee- E1S8

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God's Will Vs Heart Desire. Christians Discuss by Childofthelord(f): 11:11am On Aug 09, 2021
You made a point but I think a persons heart desire and Gods agenda for them can coexist in many situations.
OneMarvee:
Isaiah 55:8 explains that God's ways are quite different from ours, further down the new testament, we are encouraged to trust in God and not lean on our own understanding.
But many times we always pray that God grants our wishes and heart desires, we ask for all the thing we can think of. I always wonder, do Christians realize God's plan might be different from our personal agendas? No matter how good or promising they might appear. How many times do we purposefully pray for God's will to be done in our lives?
Now this is not to juxtapose seeking the face of God for something crucial or extremely personal, I am talking in generic terms.
Are we willing to know about God's plan and promises for us as in Jeremiah 29:11? Or we are swallowed by our wants, desires and aspirations?

Shower thoughts with One Marvee- E1S8
Re: God's Will Vs Heart Desire. Christians Discuss by Kingsnairaland(m): 11:20am On Aug 09, 2021
There is God's good will
God's acceptable will
God's perfect will

So which will are you talking about
Re: God's Will Vs Heart Desire. Christians Discuss by Splinz(m): 2:52pm On Aug 09, 2021
OneMarvee:

Very important questions, Marvee.

In fact, the reason why many people claimed that God don't answer their prayers, and those who go as far as saying He doesn't exist, is simply because they do not know God's plan or mind for them. In other words, if at all they prayed and it was not answered, it simply means they prayed amiss (James 4:3), i.e, what they're asking for is not according to God's plan or timing. Of course, whilst God answers some prayers speedily or instantly, there are those He requires patience and persistency from us (Luke 18:1-8 ).

So yes, majority don't know the mind of God nor His plans, and are not willing to learn either, so hence, they don't pray accordingly. And when they pray amiss and get no answer or lacking in patience and persistency, frustration will certainly set in. It's only when our desires, wants and aspirations aligns with that of God that we can enjoy His blessings.

2 Likes

Re: God's Will Vs Heart Desire. Christians Discuss by sholay2011(m): 3:15pm On Aug 09, 2021
Good topic and God bless.

The heart of even Jesus Himself at the garden of Gethsemane was for the cup (of dying on the cross) to pass over Him. But He eventually submitted to the will of the Father.

Many times, God's will does not appeal to our fleshy desires. This is why it's important to be led by the Spirit on crucial decisions, so we can do the will of the Father. Who knows the mind of God except the Spirit of God? But we also should continually dwell and eat God's word daily, because it gradually transforms us and our desires, that many of our heart desires gradually align with His. But while this transformation is going on, we need to be sure of what God is saying on crucial life decisions.

Motivational speakers will tell you "follow your heart".
A true believer will say "follow the leading of God's Spirit".
The overall goal is when our heart has been transformed by the Spirit using the Word that our heart automatically aligns with God's leading.

2 Likes

Re: God's Will Vs Heart Desire. Christians Discuss by Kobojunkie: 3:35pm On Aug 09, 2021
OneMarvee:
According to scripture, God's ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts/plans, higher than our thoughts. So why suggest that we are to somehow subject anything we do or ask for to a plan that is beyond our comprehension? undecided

According to Jesus Christ, God's Law, and plan made simple for us to understand, All things whatsoever we ask believing, we are to receive, ofcourse this promise is to those who are followers of Jesus Christ. Isn't Jesus Christ God's only plan that we are to concern ourselves with? undecided

1 Like

Re: God's Will Vs Heart Desire. Christians Discuss by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2021
Childofthelord:
You made a point but I think a persons heart desire and Gods agenda for them can coexist in many situations.
What is this God's agenda you speak of? undecided

1 Like

Re: God's Will Vs Heart Desire. Christians Discuss by OneMarvee(f): 10:45am On Aug 10, 2021
You sound pretty confused. I am not implying that we should solely surround our prayers or requests on God's plan for us (Which we know very little of). What I am asking is that, are we aware that God's agenda for us might be totally different from our heart desires? Do we put that into consideration when we feel like something is not working for us or have unanswered prayers? That's what am simply saying.
Kobojunkie:
According to scripture, God's ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts/plans, higher than our thoughts. So why suggest that we are to somehow subject anything we do or ask for to a plan that is beyond our comprehension? undecided

According to Jesus Christ, God's Law, and plan made simple for us to understand, All things whatsoever we ask believing, we are to receive, ofcourse this promise is to those who are followers of Jesus Christ. Isn't Jesus Christ God's only plan that we are to concern ourselves with? undecided
Re: God's Will Vs Heart Desire. Christians Discuss by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Aug 10, 2021
OneMarvee:
You sound pretty confused. I am not implying that we should solely surround our prayers or requests on God's plan for us (Which we know very little of).
What I am asking is that, are we aware that God's agenda for us might be totally different from our heart desires?
Do we put that into consideration when we feel like something is not working for us or have unanswered prayers? That's what am simply saying.
Does it matter what God's unknowable agenda is where it concerns God's very own command to us that we ask Him for all things we desire? undecided

Did God command us to consider this unknowable agenda when we feel like something is not working for us or we have unanswered prayers? undecided

Is this agenda greater than God's own Law to us? undecided
Re: God's Will Vs Heart Desire. Christians Discuss by Kobojunkie: 5:13pm On Aug 10, 2021
Given that this topic is about Prayer and Jesus Christ is God's plan for us, it is befitting that we are aware of what God's laws regarding prayer are. Here is a summary of sorts of some of the New Covenant teachings and commandments given by Jesus Christ where Prayer is concerned - please be sure to

* Ask, Seek and Knock, in order to receive, find and have the door opened to you
Matthew 7 vs 7
* Pray continously. I.e. don't stop asking, seeking, knocking until you have recieved, found and had the door opened to you
Matthew 21 vs 22 & Luke 18 vs 1- 8
* Avoid vain repetitions because God knows what you want even before you ask Him
Matthew 6 vs 7 - 8
* Always pray in secret and in hiding
Matthew 6 vs 6
* Pray the Lord's prayer-
Matthew 6 vs 9- 13
* Forgive everyone who has hurt or offended you before you pray so your father in Heaven will forgive you your sins-
Matthew 11 vs 25 & Matthew 6 vs 12
* Always approach God in Humility-
Luke 18 vs 9 - 4
* Believe that you have received what you ask for and it shall be done for you
Matthew 21 vs 22 & Mark 11 vs 24
* Ask the Father in the name of Jesus Christ
John 15 vs 16
* If you abide in Him and He, Jesus, abides in you, then He, Jesus Christ , will do whatever you ask in His name
John 14 vs 13-14 & john 15 vs 7
* Pray for your enemies -
Matthew 5 vs 44 & Luke 6 vs 27- 28
* Ask God for the Holy Spirit -
Luke 11 vs 13 & Matthew 7 vs 11

As Jesus Christ said, those who love Him are, not those who go around mouthing off that they do, but instead take who submit to and obey His teachings- John 14 vs 23 - 26. undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stop Talking Ill Of T.B Joshua - Odumeje Slams Chris Okotie / Come And See What God Did / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:thursday, September 23, 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.