Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,089 members, 7,863,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:59 AM

God Is My Sponsor, No Political Godfather Ozigbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / God Is My Sponsor, No Political Godfather Ozigbo (324 Views)

4 Ex-Governors, 21 Other Senators Sponsor no Bill In 10 Months / Wike To Lamido: You Have No Political Value, PDP Lost Jigawa On Your Watch / APC To Lagos4Lagos Group: Saraki Is An Expired Political Godfather (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Is My Sponsor, No Political Godfather Ozigbo by saints4rea(m): 9:25am On Aug 09, 2021
Anambra polls, I don’t have any godfather, Ozigbo declares

By Ifeanyi Ndukwe

As the momentum gathers in regards to the anticipated Anambra governorship elections in November 6th election, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) flag bearer, Mr. Valentine Ozigbo has stated categorically that he does not have any godfather.

Ozigbo made this known on Monday during an interactive session with media practitioners at East End hotels, Awka where he noted that as a matter of fact that he is an independent minded person who does not believe in godfatherism. “Not even Mr Peter Obi, Tony Elumelu or any other individuals as alleged is my sponsor".

The former banker said that the leadership of the PDP can make suggestions to him about issues but the decisions he makes are totally based on standards and merit.

He also dismissed the claim by rumour mongers that his running mate, Mrs Azuka Enemo was imposed on him by an unnamed godfather.

“I decided to run along with Mrs Azuka Enemo because of her huge integrity and large support base. Nobody imposed her on me. The fact that I ran an election primary for two years in the state should have given me an idea of who my deputy would be though I didn’t decide on that even after the party primary.

“I am not one of those people who go to politicians to make empty promises, infact I was in the plane coincidentally with the former governor, Mr Peter Obi and I told him how I would engage the leadership of Anglican Communion to get my deputy.

“I turned down the first list of the people they sent to me not because the individuals sent to me are not good but there are certain criteria I insisted must be met.” he reiterated.

He said that he has to be thorough about the choice of his running mate because his deputy must be someone he has full confidence in.

Ozigbo came tops in PDP primaries defeating Uche Ekwunife and Obiora Okonkwo in a tightly-contested party elections.
Recently, the party made senator Ekwunife the DG for his campaign at a recently held meeting in Abuja.

Re: God Is My Sponsor, No Political Godfather Ozigbo by colorsofrainbow: 9:28am On Aug 09, 2021
God wipe that your mouth.
Useless politicians using "God" to deceive fools

(1) (Reply)

Afghanistan: Taliban Must Reject The Saudi-sponsored Evil Ideology Of Wahhabism / BREAKING: Anambra Residents In Russia Endorse Obiora Okonkwo / Ethnic Nationalities Demand Immediate Sack And Prosecution Of CBN Governor, Emef

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.