Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Why Do Landlords Collect Agreement Fee What Is It Meant For - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Do Landlords Collect Agreement Fee What Is It Meant For (1770 Views)

Legal Rights Of A Rent Tenants And Some Unlawful Acts Often Done By Landlords / A Plot Of Land For Sale At Ajah No Agency Or Agreement Fee Call 08178392086 / Buying Land - Have You Always Paid A Lawyer 10% For The Agreement Fee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Landlords Collect Agreement Fee What Is It Meant For by topeantony(m): 3:16pm On May 17, 2011
Why do landlords collect agreement fee what is it meant for
I have ask so many people why landlords collect agreement fees nobody seems to give me a reasonable answer ,some say that’s how it’s been done is it legal, were in the law is it, I know landlords collect caution fee when you are moving in this money is meant for, if you damage anything in your period of stay it will be deducted from your caution fee and when you are moving out they give you back if no damage they give you full payment so what is the real purpose of agreement fee. I tried searching in Nigeria constitution I could not find it also nothing on Google concerning this issue does it mean it’s been neglected or nobody cares there are so many things that are not normal that fills normal because people are use to it is this one of them. Can anybody tell me the reason for agreement fee!
Re: Why Do Landlords Collect Agreement Fee What Is It Meant For by yamakuza: 5:04am On Nov 18, 2011
That is the money paid to the lawyer who drafts a Lease Agreement between you and your landlord so that if yawa happens, you can refer to the terms and present it in court if needed.

If you pay agreement fee, insist on getting an Agreement, and a proper one at that! Not one drafted by the landlord.
Re: Why Do Landlords Collect Agreement Fee What Is It Meant For by topeantony(m): 1:53pm On Nov 18, 2011
yamakuza:

That is the money paid to the lawyer who drafts a Lease Agreement between you and your landlord so that if yawa happens, you can refer to the terms and present it in court if needed.

If you pay agreement fee, insist on getting an Agreement, and a proper one at that! Not one drafted by the landlord.
thanks for your response
Re: Why Do Landlords Collect Agreement Fee What Is It Meant For by jaytime(m): 6:38am On Nov 19, 2011
yamakuza:

So is it the tenant or the landlord that is supposed to pay for agreement? Personally I think this is unfair. The landlord is the one who rents his house, he has the lawyer, why then should the tenant pay for the services of the lawyer (hired by the landlord)? Anyways, tenants have always been at the mercy of the landlords.

(1) (Reply)

Fenced 2 Plots For Sale Inside Greenville Estate, Badore - Ajah. / POP ( Plaster Of Paris) , Wall Screeding And Window Artwork / How High Should A Roof Built On A Nigerian House Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.