Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names (36936 Views)

Pls What Are The Dangers Of Two Sitting.. Because Am Using Two Sitting / Disadvantage Of Using Two O'level Result For 2019 JAMB Registration |two Sitting / What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by Adiob200(m): 7:37am On Aug 10, 2021
Hello nairalanders...this issue has been bothering me , someone fill one application for me using my two name(surname and my second name)...but I have three names on all my documents..my question is what's the implication of this..hope it won't affect my application?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by Lawlab249: 7:40am On Aug 10, 2021
Likely
Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by illicit(m): 7:40am On Aug 10, 2021
Swear an affidavit

13 Likes

Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by Goldbw122(m): 7:41am On Aug 10, 2021
Yeah it will

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by akinmusi(m): 7:43am On Aug 10, 2021
The moment there are discrepancies in names, care must be taken to make sure all documents are regularised. For instance you may need to go to the high Court especially if you're in Lagos and apply to swear an affidavit for regularization, saying or depose that all names are for one person and every other documents remain valid for same person.

If it cannot be regularized on where such mistake is made, you have to swear an affidavit to make it valid.

My opinion .

Brandily:

What does regilarised means

Simply a means to make the names appear as same on all papers or credentials.

Like your regular drink grin

Brandily:

Hmmm, you guys jokes too much with everything

Ignore the smiley. That's the true meaning of regularize.

Make sth usual. No changes or distortion.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by Adiob200(m): 7:48am On Aug 10, 2021
akinmusi:
The moment there are discrepancies in names, care must be taken to make sure all documents are regularised. For instance you may need to go to the high Court especially if you're in Lagos and apply to swear an affidavit for regularization, saying or depose that all names are for one person and every other documents remain valid for same person.

If it cannot be regularized on where such mistake is made, you have to swear an affidavit to make it valid.

My opinion .
but what if they check my national I.d and confirm is me
Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by akinmusi(m): 7:55am On Aug 10, 2021
Adiob200:
but what if they check my national I.d and confirm is me

Well it's yours to assume but on the other hand I pray we don't run out of grace or luck should you miss a chance to convince them that you are same person. On an occasion where you meet a person that's not ready to work and could jeopardize your chance to effect an application or get things done, you will be left to be on your own and face the music. A stitch in time saves nine.

36 Likes

Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by phemmyfour: 9:57am On Aug 10, 2021
Adiob200:
Hello nairalanders...this issue has been bothering me , someone fill one application for me using my two name(surname and my second name)...but I have three names on all my documents..my question is what's the implication of this..hope it won't affect my application?
It will, just include your first name in your subsequent dealings
Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by sunnedee2: 11:18am On Aug 10, 2021
This is interesting...

2 Likes

Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by Adiob200(m): 11:43am On Aug 10, 2021
phemmyfour:
It will, just include your first name in your subsequent dealings
..Noted...but what of this one have already done with surname and second name
Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by phemmyfour: 3:07pm On Aug 10, 2021
Adiob200:
..Noted...but what of this one have already done with surname and second name
You can't do anything about that
Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by cassidy1996(m): 7:42pm On Aug 10, 2021
All Na your names, no shaking

4 Likes

Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by enyiinne(m): 7:42pm On Aug 10, 2021
Academics usually arrange theirs from surname First name and middle
name. Bvn usually do same too, Nin uses surname Middle name and
First name..

5 Likes

Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by wunmi590(m): 7:42pm On Aug 10, 2021
Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by slawormiir: 7:43pm On Aug 10, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by Sabadon(m): 7:43pm On Aug 10, 2021
If these kind mistakes no come how lawyers wan take chop....lol @op you heard it right discripancies can render your document void, best bet is get an affidavit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by JustPowerApps(m): 7:43pm On Aug 10, 2021
Confusion loading grin shocked shocked shocked
Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by Singapore1(m): 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2021
If it is academics, it is advisable you use your full names ( the 3 names )....otherwise you would need to go to court to do affidavit.

For non academics I don't think you have anything to worry about

If it is government issued ID then you need to go and change it to 3 names full...

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by paulolee(m): 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2021
Nigeria sabi waste person time n spend so much stress on irrelevant tinz...e would surely affect u
common three sets of names wey no arrange well in two different documents de always cause fight between me n staffs for banks...
go court n do the needful

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by wisestman(m): 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2021
There is no issue as far as I'm concerned. 2 out of 3 is very fine. That's how I have been using my names. Only 2 almost all the times, use the 3rd one which is my middle name only rarely.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by Imustnottalk: 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2021
H
Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by Adiob200(m): 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2021
Sabadon:
If these kind mistakes no come how lawyers wan take chop....lol @op you heard it right discripancies can render your document void, best bet is get an affidavit
..Lol answer prayer for lawyer angry grin grin..I just hope this one have done will work out
Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by patriotic007: 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2021
Best to avoid matters that touches the heart
Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by ikorodureporta: 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2021
As long as the two names are part of the three, u're covered..
Some of my docs have 2 names

5 Likes

Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by BigDawsNet: 7:48pm On Aug 10, 2021
Hmm not really..

Surname:: Very Important

First Name:: Very Important

Other name :: Optional but in some cases very needed...you can talk abt the application..so we no if u fine or need some kind of affidavits

1 Like

Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by SILVERLINES: 7:49pm On Aug 10, 2021
Adiob200:
it could have been better if the person used surname and ur first name, but surname and second name is absolutely wrong

1 Like

Re: Using Two Names Instead Of Three Names by Adiob200(m): 7:49pm On Aug 10, 2021
Singapore1:
If it is academics, it is advisable you use your full names ( the 3 names )....otherwise you would need to go to court to do affidavit.

For non academics I don't think you have anything to worry about

If it is government issued ID then you need to go and change it to 3 names full...
...this statement give me little hope

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin / 5 Top Reasons Why Some Girls Go Into Campus Runs. My Experience / National Open University Headquarters In Abuja In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.