Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,748 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:01 AM

Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ (12826 Views)

Ibrahim Obanikoro Domiciliary Account Ban: Why It's Stupid / Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition / APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by kevoh(m): 11:11am On Aug 10, 2021
If they like they should not unban it! Twitter NG no longer cares! We are using our VeePeeEhn peacefully and getting Nigerian trends and gist on our timeline. Nigerians have resumed offering their goods and services once again! The community is still as vibrant as it was!

On the other hand, the stupid ''K00'' app BMCs , Zombies, and the Nigerian Government ran to is actually riddled with malware, making it vulnerable to critical worm attacks!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by VillagePipu: 11:11am On Aug 10, 2021
Twitter will be unbanned with or without Buhari. As for Lai Mohammed, Abdulrahman fall on him.
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by Aurelius1(m): 11:13am On Aug 10, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Twitter should go to CAC and register. Build physical office here, hire our teeming youths and pay tax. Anything outside these conditions is not in our nation's best interest.
Una go wait tire. Ban or no ban, Twitter is still making its money.
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by FreeStuffsNG: 11:16am On Aug 10, 2021
Aurelius1:
Una go wait tire. Ban or no ban, Twitter is still making its money.
Twitter is a loss making company sir. Their financial reports are in the public domain. Please find it and read.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by kevoh(m): 11:17am On Aug 10, 2021
Bump
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by Skillsnigeria: 11:18am On Aug 10, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by babington91(m): 11:20am On Aug 10, 2021
Romanoff:

That's his business. We are still using it even without VPN.

Teach me
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by f4frances: 11:20am On Aug 10, 2021
why Nigeria no go drag fit for the twitter matter.

This video is everything you need to know about the twitter ban. Presido is banning everything, as if he is a bandit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBGUW00BZ68
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by Dozie777: 11:23am On Aug 10, 2021
GeneralPula:
I thought our tech expert will come up with a sane social app..

Shame on all these computer this or that we have in Nigeria and Africa..

All computer courses in Africa should he scrapped as they’ve all failed woefully by not having any computer science or tech student to design a social App..

Stop talking from your ass. There are lots of social media apps developed by our so called Nigerians. But you don't hear them cause anything developed by your brothers aren't recognized or supported.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by pickatyouu: 11:23am On Aug 10, 2021
Lai, malami and Buhari think with their ego instead of their brain
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by fredoooooo: 11:23am On Aug 10, 2021
Twitter should go and register. Simple. what's wrong in doing the right thing . You registered in other countries qhy not Nigeria?
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by Coldie(m): 11:24am On Aug 10, 2021
Twitter has moved on without Nigeria.

Nigeria overestimates it's importance for real

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by ImmaculateSpenc: 11:25am On Aug 10, 2021
Hangmnk:
Twitter can go to hell

What does Almajiri like you know? In the face of high unemployment, yet Nigeria is busy causing more hardship to her populace.
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by KaptainAfrika: 11:25am On Aug 10, 2021
F00k BuBu...up VPN !
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by Aurelius1(m): 11:25am On Aug 10, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Twitter is a loss making company sir. Their financial reports are in the public domain. Please find it and read.
But common sense has it that every business is out to make profit. If it were making losses it would have closed shop. How do they pay workers? Don't believe everything you see on the net.
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by pickatyouu: 11:26am On Aug 10, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Twitter should go to CAC and register. Build physical office here, hire our teeming youths and pay tax. Nigeria has lost billions of dollars in unremited tax by Twitter that the microblogging site should have been paying all along but local businesses pick up Twitter's tax and pay huge social cost of Twitter including providing its platform for terrorists and vicious state actors killing our patriots and innocent citizens.

Anything outside these conditions is not in our nation's best interest. What's source for the goose is good for the gander. Twitter should do the needful. God bless Nigeria.

And watch government policies and insecurities kill it like they did others.
Please what happened to gokada.
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by babajero(m): 11:27am On Aug 10, 2021
Hangmnk:
Twitter can go to hell
The same direction Buhari and his fulanis murderers are pushing Nigeria right?
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by Litmus: 11:30am On Aug 10, 2021
RoseJudy:
False sense of " Biggness "

You dey mind Twitter? And some questionable persons will go around thinking that just because Twitter is some white owned, Western company, no African nation dares raise objections at anything it does. undecided
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by Zainabthegirl1(f): 11:32am On Aug 10, 2021
Afi suru
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by Romanoff(f): 11:32am On Aug 10, 2021
babington91:

Teach me

Download Puffin Incognito Browser app. Access Twitter on it.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by FreeStuffsNG: 11:34am On Aug 10, 2021
Aurelius1:
But common sense has it that every business is out to make profit. If it were making losses it would have closed shop. How do they pay workers? Don't believe everything you see on the net.
Sir, there's shareholders funds and companies can use asset to get loan so the fact that a business makes losses is not really a problem as much as losing a key revenue earner. For Twitter, in Africa market, Nigeria is a significant revenue earner. The financial reports I recommended that you read is the one submitted to the SEC, regulator of publicly listed companies in the US, I am not recommending that you read news report or blog sir.
My point is that Twitter needs Nigeria more than Nigeria needs it. And for a loss making company like Twitter, losing the Nigerian revenue is bad news. Like I stated, I don't want their ban outrightly, they should come here and register with CAC , hire our teeming youths, pay tax to Nigeria. If they are involved in the progress of Nigeria, they will think twice before yielding their platform to terrorists because they know it will hurt their employees or business investments.
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by Chirowman(m): 11:36am On Aug 10, 2021
Is alright was Twitter banned ?

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by sirusX(m): 11:40am On Aug 10, 2021
GeneralPula:
I thought our tech expert will come up with a sane social app..

Shame on all these computer this or that we have in Nigeria and Africa..

All computer courses in Africa should he scrapped as they’ve all failed woefully by not having any computer science or tech student to design a social App..

It’s more than a social app for Naija by Naija. How would the app link the world? Twitter does a good job of separating by locations, yet linking everyone to each other just by a trend/search on the app
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by Oracleforce: 11:42am On Aug 10, 2021
dre11:

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/twitter-ban-why-nigerias-foot-dragging-on-dialogue-with-micro-blogging-firm/

Twitter don move on....and meanwhile, most politicians need it for the 2023 election campaign....they know that politicians rely on social media for their campaign...

Campaign on social. media with Twitter involvement is limited.... let's wait and see
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by panpan(m): 11:46am On Aug 10, 2021
Romanoff:
We are still using it even without VPN.

Using it without VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
How?
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by Romanoff(f): 11:48am On Aug 10, 2021
panpan:

Using it without VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
How?

Download Puffin Incognito browser on play store, enter Twitter url and log in.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by pek(m): 11:49am On Aug 10, 2021
I am using Twitter easily. Just use puffin browser and you are free to go. No VPN needed.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by naijadrivablog: 11:52am On Aug 10, 2021
But more people are now using twitter cheesy Evsb politicians!
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by linearity: 11:53am On Aug 10, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Sir, there's shareholders funds and companies can use asset to get loan so the fact that a business makes losses is not really a problem as much as losing a key revenue earner. For Twitter, in Africa market, Nigeria is a significant revenue earner. The financial reports I recommended that you read is the one submitted to the SEC, regulator of publicly listed companies in the US, I am not recommending that you read news report or blog sir.
My point is that Twitter needs Nigeria more than Nigeria needs it. And for a loss making company like Twitter, losing the Nigerian revenue is bad news. Like I stated, I don't want their ban outrightly, they should come here and register with CAC , hire our teeming youths, pay tax to Nigeria. If they are involved in the progress of Nigeria, they will think twice before yielding their platform to terrorists because they know it will hurt their employees or business investments.

You clearly don’t know, what you are talking about.

Go to http://finance.yahoo.com all Twitter financial reports and fundamentals are there.

Twitter also reported its revenue for the last quarter around last week of July and their Ad revenues went up 87%…and that was the quarter that included the Nigeria ban.

Twitter is not loosing sleep over the Nigeria ban. It was Nigeria Government that announced a ‘high profile’ team to negotiate with Twitter, did you hear Twitter announcing any team to negotiate with Nigeria?

The FG said all OTP apps should register with CAC as they are operating illegally….the last time I checked none have registered…so why is the FG not banning Nairaland, Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. They thought Twitter will come begging and believed that nonsense about projected revenues from Nigeria now they are regretting their actions.

Most PDP politicians and many Nigerians use Twitter and some APC politicians do also; these politicians need Twitter more and as 2023 draws nearer you will start seeing of them including APC running to Twitter to campaign.
Re: Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ by shogsman(m): 11:54am On Aug 10, 2021
I don't think the twitter ban crap worked,cos every Nigerian I know still use twitter daily so jokes on them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Nullifies Malami’s Sale Of Forfeited Assets / 2000 APC Members Defect To PDP In Gombe State / PDP Crisis: Ayu Lobbies To Save His Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.