Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

President Buhari Wishes Nigerians A Happy New Year - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Wishes Nigerians A Happy New Year (45649 Views)

Former President Buhari Wishes Muslims Successful Sallah Celebration / Buhari Wishes Osinbajo Speedy Recovery, Commends Him For Using A Local Hospital / Olympics, Paralympics 2022: Buhari Wishes Nigerian Athletes Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Wishes Nigerians A Happy New Year by fashrola(m): 3:21am On Aug 11, 2021
So all Nigerians are Muslim? Wahala so na Islamic Calender this cadavier dey take rule the country?
Re: President Buhari Wishes Nigerians A Happy New Year by CHIGIM: 5:19am On Aug 11, 2021
religion d problem of mankind, please of what benefit is pilgrim?
Re: President Buhari Wishes Nigerians A Happy New Year by Premiumwriter2: 6:50am On Aug 11, 2021
A305:
let's put aside the politics hate people has for Buhari.

Intellectually and religiously, According to the Islamic calendar, today happens to mark the beginning of a new year.

My point is; Christians uses the Gregrorian calendar which was assigned by Pope Gregory — the calenda revered and included the names of iconic Romans such as Juslius Ceasar (July), pope Augustine (August) etc. In so doing,
Invented new months to make our current calendar 12 months from previously 8 or 9 months.

So, let's honor/accept the Islamic calendar just as we accept the christians Gregorian calendar.

As a science educator in Astronomy, we thank the brilliant work the Catholic did in inventing the Gregorian calendar and we also applaud the great mathematicians of the Islamic scholars.
not Christian.

The world uses a Gregorian calender which happens to be the most popular system in the world.

It is today accepted as a secular calender and not credited to the Christian community
Re: President Buhari Wishes Nigerians A Happy New Year by Pacyrus(m): 7:11am On Aug 11, 2021
Back to sender cry
Re: President Buhari Wishes Nigerians A Happy New Year by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 11, 2021
By Islamic calendar ,Muslims are still in the year 1443 ,no wonder they still have immoral thoughts towards mannequins undecided.
Re: President Buhari Wishes Nigerians A Happy New Year by wildikeman(m): 7:52am On Aug 11, 2021
illicit:
Not to me

Or to me either....

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Wishes Nigerians A Happy New Year by MrUchenna1(m): 8:01am On Aug 11, 2021
HIGH SPEED BACKWARD MOVEMENT...
Re: President Buhari Wishes Nigerians A Happy New Year by tobstarizhia(m): 8:05am On Aug 11, 2021
A305:

Intellectually and religiously, According to the Islamic calendar, today happens to mark the beginning of a new year.

My point is; Christians uses the Gregrorian calendar which was assigned by Pope Gregory — the calenda revered and included the names of iconic Romans such as Juslius Ceasar (July), pope Augustine (August) etc. In so doing,
Invented new months to make our current calendar 12 months from previously 8 or 9 months.

So, let's honor/accept the Islamic calendar just as we accept the christians Gregorian calendar.

As a science educator in Astronomy, we thank the brilliant work the Catholic did in inventing the Gregorian calendar and we also applaud the great mathematicians of the Islamic scholars.

We cannot have two new years. We as a nation arose from the British. If they want otherwise then they need to form their own nation.
Re: President Buhari Wishes Nigerians A Happy New Year by Biggers82(m): 8:09am On Aug 11, 2021
Which new year?
Re: President Buhari Wishes Nigerians A Happy New Year by moufan: 8:42am On Aug 11, 2021
thank you
Re: President Buhari Wishes Nigerians A Happy New Year by rock003: 8:52am On Aug 11, 2021
A305:

Your president should wish Nigerian Muslims that his wish, not all Nigerians.

Mr Muslim, in case you haven't noticed, not all Nigerians are Muslims.
Re: President Buhari Wishes Nigerians A Happy New Year by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:47am On Aug 11, 2021
The only new year every country recognize is year 2021 , mecca self dey use the year grin
Re: President Buhari Wishes Nigerians A Happy New Year by Usihyeldae: 11:00am On Aug 11, 2021
Rubbish...
Re: President Buhari Wishes Nigerians A Happy New Year by Paulo3ree(m): 6:38pm On Aug 11, 2021
illicit:
Not to me

Funny dude

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Wishes Nigerians A Happy New Year by rapheal5(m): 11:03pm On Nov 15, 2021
okoroemeka:
my brother I was dumbfounded today when I went to buy tokunbo Tyre,I bought last 2 months #8000 naira for one,today I was told #12k,no discount,no begging,I pity for people that has no means to make money in this country,na die be dat.
can u pls tell me where u bought the tyres and can I have seller number?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Official Beaten Over Adamawa Governorship Election Results (Video) / Adamawa: Fintiri Declares Curfew As Residents Loot Govt Warehouses / Saraki Announces Names Of Chairmen Of Committees..see List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.