Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo (620 Views)

Akwa Ibom To Commence Rapid Mining Of Solid Minerals In The State .. Photos / Ogun Govt Abandons 30,000 Books Donated By World Bank At Lagos Port / Amaechi, El-rufai, Other Arrived Akwa Ibom To Flag Off Presidential Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo by NkanAkpanika: 6:06pm On Aug 10, 2021
AKWA IBOM TO RECEIVE 500,000 BOOKS

Akwa Ibom State Government is working out modalities to receive up to 500,000 books and to build 31 LIBRARIES across it's 31 local government of the state over the next 12 months.

The arrangement, in partnership with Books for Africa, the largest shipper of donated text and library books to the African continent; will ensure the shipment of books valued at $4 million to the state.

This was disclosed last Saturday, when the Secretary to the Akwa Ibom State Government, Dr. Emmanuel Ekuwem led a delegation to inspect the Marietta, Georgia warehouse of the BFA.

Dr. Ekuwem, who inspected the facility in company of Marietta Congresswoman Lucy McBath, expressed delight at the partnership and pledged the readiness of the Akwa Ibom State Government to ensure effective collaboration.

The BFA team, which included Executive Director, Pat Plonski, Warehouse Manager Brad Mattson, and board members Mike Essien, Nicky Mundabi, and Matilda Arhin, briefed the visitors regarding the organisation’s participation in U.S. government programs including the USAID Ocean Freight Reimbursement Program and the Department of Defense Humanitarian Assistance Program.

Dr. Ekuwem was in the United States to participate in the annual convention of the Akwa Ibom State Association of Nigeria, USA.

@Lalasticlala front page

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo by NkanAkpanika: 6:07pm On Aug 10, 2021
Contn

Re: Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo by Richbyfaith: 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2021
Nice one but unfortunately, hungry Nigerians cannot read books.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo by Powersurge: 6:22pm On Aug 10, 2021
After reading the books, they will still be subjected to quota system.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo by NkanAkpanika: 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2021
Richbyfaith:
Nice one but unfortunately, hungry Nigerians cannot read books.
Are you that hungry ?
Re: Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo by NkanAkpanika: 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2021
Powersurge:
After reading the books, they will still be subjected to quota system.
Quota system is a systematic thing bro..
It has nothing to do with developing your IQ..
@Myn44 front page dear

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo by Africana1123(m): 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2021
Igbo amaka!

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo by Richbyfaith: 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
NkanAkpanika:
Are you that hungry ?
Are Nigerians hungry? Is there hunger in the land? Yes or No?
Re: Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo by Richbyfaith: 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
NkanAkpanika:
Are you that hungry ?
Re: Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo by NkanAkpanika: 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2021
Richbyfaith:

Guy if you are hungry ..I'm not oo..
Meanwhile an hungry man shouldn't be on internet like you do
Re: Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo by Richbyfaith: 6:37pm On Aug 10, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

Guy if you are hungry ..I'm not oo..
Meanwhile an hungry man shouldn't be on internet like you do

So what special place do you have for hungry people? Any? Then secondly, your response is a summary of the Nigerian political system. Once you are fed and your tummy is filled up, you totally forget if others have eaten or not. SMH.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo by NkanAkpanika: 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2021
Richbyfaith:

So what special place do you have for hungry people? Any? Then secondly, your response is a summary of the Nigerian political system. Once you are fed and your tummy is filled up, you totally forget if others have eaten or not. SMH.
Your second line is still the reason why you will still remain ignorant for ever bro.. So if I spare my time to bring you.news about the state , automatically I'm been fed by the state ?
You are so ignorant bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo by Richbyfaith: 6:55pm On Aug 10, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

Your second line is still the reason why you will still remain ignorant for ever bro.. So if I spare my time to bring you.news about the state , automatically I'm been fed by the state ?
You are so ignorant bro.

Who does not know you are a beneficiary/being fed by the present state government in Akwa Ibom?
Re: Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo by NkanAkpanika: 7:32pm On Aug 10, 2021
Richbyfaith:

Who does not know you are a beneficiary/being fed by the present state government in Akwa Ibom?
I think your family doesn't know.
Since your education is wasteful to them ..
Re: Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo by Richbyfaith: 7:35pm On Aug 10, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

I think your family doesn't know.
Since your education is wasteful to them ..

Aniekeme Finbarr, who doesn't know you are fed by the government? That is why you are singing the praises of the government 24/7 whether the government is actually doing well or not.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo by Powersurge: 7:38pm On Aug 10, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

Quota system is a systematic thing bro..
It has nothing to do with developing your IQ..
@Myn44 front page dear

I just came back from work. I no get energy to give reply to this.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo by NkanAkpanika: 8:30pm On Aug 10, 2021
Richbyfaith:

Aniekeme Finbarr, who doesn't know you are fed by the government? That is why you are singing the praises of the government 24/7 whether the government is actually doing well or not.
Who is that idiot you are calling ? And how is that my name ..
Inshort you are not only ignorant but fo0lish too. You and the finbarr guy are both stnpid
Re: Akwa Ibom To Receive 500,000 Books And Build 31 Library Across The State.. Photo by wealthtrak: 4:50pm On Aug 11, 2021
NkanAkpanika:
AKWA IBOM TO RECEIVE 500,000 BOOKS

Akwa Ibom State Government is working out modalities to receive up to 500,000 books and to build 31 LIBRARIES across it's 31 local government of the state over the next 12 months.

The arrangement, in partnership with Books for Africa, the largest shipper of donated text and library books to the African continent; will ensure the shipment of books valued at $4 million to the state.

This was disclosed last Saturday, when the Secretary to the Akwa Ibom State Government, Dr. Emmanuel Ekuwem led a delegation to inspect the Marietta, Georgia warehouse of the BFA.

Dr. Ekuwem, who inspected the facility in company of Marietta Congresswoman Lucy McBath, expressed delight at the partnership and pledged the readiness of the Akwa Ibom State Government to ensure effective collaboration.

The BFA team, which included Executive Director, Pat Plonski, Warehouse Manager Brad Mattson, and board members Mike Essien, Nicky Mundabi, and Matilda Arhin, briefed the visitors regarding the organisation’s participation in U.S. government programs including the USAID Ocean Freight Reimbursement Program and the Department of Defense Humanitarian Assistance Program.

Dr. Ekuwem was in the United States to participate in the annual convention of the Akwa Ibom State Association of Nigeria, USA.

(1) (Reply)

Ukwuani, Ika, Ikwerre Are Not Ibos / Anambra, Edo, Cross River Yet To Enact Anti-open Grazing Bill / Can Fani- Kayode Bring Secessionist Agitators To Peace Table?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.