Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4593973 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (6187) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 6:36am On Sep 30, 2012
eyoniggar: DAVIES, did u get bitten by an infected dog and contracted RABIES? Anyways learn how to appreciate good things, cos good football comes solely from FC Apaniyan AKA Barcalona, so that you can make it in life.

I love this 3 points, he sweet die.choi!! cheesy grin wink kiss

guy no need being rude to a stranger nah.

obviously, he was actually expecting Sevilla to manage at least a draw which never came to be sadly.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 6:53am On Sep 30, 2012
usbcable:

guy no need being rude to a stranger nah.

obviously, he was actually expecting Sevilla to manage at least a draw which never came to be sadly.

in fairness to them, they deserved a draw at least. Granted, they lost concentration in the second half. But to lose a game you were leading 2-0 at a point is rather cruel.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 6:59am On Sep 30, 2012
burntcable, wabigba jor!!! Try to win your own Match today.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 7:16am On Sep 30, 2012
davies123:
Sevilla surrendered?That's a joke!didn't u watch d match?Their win was stolen from them,plain robbery,as u can see barca players couldnt event celebrate d win cos they know they didn't deserve it!All barca fans shuld be ashamed to support a club like this!I used to be a barca fans as of 2010 but the constant cheating drove me away!its pathetic!U called this a win?
Really!! Noooo!! We will try to survive without your support...
Nobody gives a Bleep if you lost sympathy for Barca!!

This win will just paper over the cracks. This defence needs working on and Alexis seriously needs to be dropped.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2012
Very bad news, cules.
Thiago has suffered a knee injury and may be out for a while. Not likely to play again in 2012. sad
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 5:19pm On Sep 30, 2012
AjanleKoko: Very bad news, cules.
Thiago has suffered a knee injury and may be out for a while. Not likely to play again in 2012. sad

That's awful.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 6:01pm On Sep 30, 2012
our defence is still thrash, thrash and thrash all over against. so many short men at the back. a ronado, a higuain or a benzema would score 9 times out of ten from a set piece. the damage is done anyways. with this defence i doubt if we are going to prevail over madrid any time soon. o how i miss the glory days of puyol, pique and abidal.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 6:23pm On Sep 30, 2012
AjanleKoko: Very bad news, cules.

nah? hope he recover his health.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 6:25pm On Sep 30, 2012
eyoniggar: burntcable, wabigba jor!!! Try to win your own Match today.

wont be suprised if we dont win.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 6:26pm On Sep 30, 2012
AjanleKoko:

in fairness to them, they deserved a draw at least. Granted, they lost concentration in the second half. But to lose a game you were leading 2-0 at a point is rather cruel.

and thats why they are sevilla.
over expecting much from them is far fetched.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 6:32pm On Sep 30, 2012
Well,Puyol is back.his partnership with Mascherano would bring some level of vigilance to our defence line.Song did pretty well against Sevilla just that his positioning was awful and he was a bit naive to stand in front of Negredo for the second goal.Alba was good too atleast he owns Navas all through.we are going to defeat Madrid in Camp nou,i dont care if we use Xavi and Iniesta as defenders,i just want us to round off the league as quick as possible.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:36pm On Sep 30, 2012
i remember vividly how madrid won the copa del rey in 2011 by besting sevilla in the semis after sevilla were denied a goal that crossed the line. the same sevila!
usbcable:

and thats why they are sevilla.
over expecting much from them is far fetched.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:36pm On Sep 30, 2012
ogazi007: Well,Puyol is back.his partnership with Mascherano would bring some level of vigilance to our defence line.Song did pretty well against Sevilla just that his positioning was awful and he was a bit naive to stand in front of Negredo for the second goal.Alba was good too atleast he owns Navas all through.we are going to defeat Madrid in Camp nou,i dont care if we use Xavi and Iniesta as defenders,i just want us to round off the league as quick as possible.
is puyol back?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 30, 2012
ddippset: is puyol back?
Yeah, Puyol, Iniesta and Adriano have all been cleared to play. They 'll be available for selection in Lisbon against Benfica on tuesday.
In another development, Thiago will be out for 8 weeks. That will rule him out for over 10 matches for us. May he recover quicker than expected like Puyol did. He beat his recovery set at 4 - 6 wks by 2 wks. That's incredibly remarkable for someone who have advanced in age like him. He's a fighter!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 8:07pm On Sep 30, 2012
ddippset: i remember vividly how madrid won the copa del rey in 2011 by besting sevilla in the semis after sevilla were denied a goal that crossed the line. the same sevila!
so all your shouting about 100 points is about sevilla defeat in copa del rey.

that is an unfair argument then.

well why am I not surprised.

but I no kuku complain about you beating Sevilla.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 8:11pm On Sep 30, 2012
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:20pm On Sep 30, 2012
Johnpaul88: Yeah, Puyol, Iniesta and Adriano have all been cleared to play. They 'll be available for selection in Lisbon against Benfica on tuesday.
In another development, Thiago will be out for 8 weeks. That will rule him out for over 10 matches for us. May he recover quicker than expected like Puyol did. He beat his recovery set at 4 - 6 wks by 2 wks. That's incredibly remarkable for someone who have advanced in age like him. He's a fighter!
what about pique?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:24pm On Sep 30, 2012
usbcable:
so all your shouting about 100 points is about sevilla defeat in copa del rey.

that is an unfair argument then.

well why am I not surprised.

but I no kuku complain about you beating Sevilla.
no sir, not just about that. it's also about madrid coming second in the league behind barcelona if all referee's errors were discarded(in hind sight of course)
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:27pm On Sep 30, 2012
de maria just dove for a penalty for madrid. instead of a free kick(outside the box), a penalty was given. well if it's not for barca, it's ok i guess.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2012
Thiago is out for 2 months. He returns in December.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 11:18pm On Sep 30, 2012
usbcable:

never gonna happen.
ask ruddie he def say same.

Why not? Sevilla has just lost their first match of the season. I They've strengthened their defence and while the competition for Europa places will be tough, I expect Sevilla to be there in the mix.

AjanleKoko:
I am almost hoping for an injury or suspension to Song, Mascherano, or Sergio (he's almost there), and then Bartra will have to play.

grin grin Sometimes I think like that too. We have 3 excellent DMs, but these guys are not CBs - I want to see Bartra too!

AjanleKoko:

I slightly differ here. Cesc's first goal was quite well-taken and was a snap shot off the bounce. Messi or somebody had just stumbled off the ball. Shows what Cesc can bring to the team.
Messi has also improved on the set pieces. Palop had to pull off a stunning save to deny his dipping effort. Almost a sure goal. he's already scored two free kicks this season.

Tito seems to be a bigger fanatic of all-out attacking than Pep. Pulling out two full-backs for two strikers? shocked

Looks like you misunderstood me slightly. Earlier in the match, Cesc had a chance to go one-on-one with the keeper, but back-heeled to Messi who was in a worse position to score. There were times when Sanchez & Villa did the same. Against the classic park-the-bus teams, we won't get so many chances.

I actually liked Cesc's 2 goals - we don't shoot from outside the box often enough and that's what he did for the 1st goal.

I like Tito's team so far, I like his tactical flexibility - Pep was too philosophical sometimes. Eg, Pep will face Chelsea the same way he faces Getafe to remain "true to the cause". I can already see Tito changing things based on opponent's strengths and weaknesses.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 11:43pm On Sep 30, 2012
Sad to see Thiago injured. And just as CDR is about to start - such a shame because I'm sure Tito will use our first team subs with team B players for the early stages of the CDR.

Good to know some of the injured players will be returning soon. At least the team managed to win every match even with the absentees. Good!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 6:24am On Oct 01, 2012
Stealthy:
Looks like you misunderstood me slightly. Earlier in the match, Cesc had a chance to go one-on-one with the keeper, but back-heeled to Messi who was in a worse position to score. There were times when Sanchez & Villa did the same. Against the classic park-the-bus teams, we won't get so many chances.
The reason is not far fetched - check Messi's spat with Villa last weekend (Villa was well within his rights to shoot for goal). It appears Messi had been granted the privilege to shoot/score while others haven't.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 7:26am On Oct 01, 2012
ddippset: no sir, not just about that. it's also about madrid coming second in the league behind barcelona if all referee's errors were discarded(in hind sight of course)

then how did beating Sevilla in the make us win the league(in hind sight).

BTW,
the match being referred to was two seasons ago. and real just won the league last season.

chai dippset I tire for you sha.
stop cocncorting lieas to fund your argument mr man.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:53am On Oct 01, 2012
http://www.firstpost.com/blogs/is-a-selfish-messi-good-for-barcelona-474684.html

Something to discuss, cules and friendly foes.

In my opinion, I agree with the article's title only. A selfish Messi yielded bountiful results for Barca, and many trophies. He's a genius, and the team must be built around him. In the last four years, he has done everything right, kept himself away from serious injuries, and in many occasions seized the initiative. last season, Messi's goals meant the difference between second and sixth place.

He invented the false nine role, which even Spain has bought into for good effect. So, in my (obviously myopic) opinion, Messi can do no wrong as far as Barca is concerned.

It is easy to see why Pep and Tito were very interested in developing Tello and Cuenca (and most likely Deulofeu next season). What we need in the starting eleven are natural wingers and not converted strikers. Messi and Xavi/Cesc are good enough for the central roles, central midfield and false nine.

Not that I discount the work of Ibra, Henry, and Villa. They have been top class and contributed hugely to the team while they played there. But I think the real issue was their refusal to adapt. These guys are used to being top dogs, and obviously do not relish playing second fiddle. But I value Messi above them all, because of his spirit and commitment to the club. He wants to play every match like it was a cup final, persistently says he wants to win and retire at Barca along with Xavi and Iniesta. I guess that's one thing the three of them share; a common love for the club.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2012
Being a Messi fan did not stop me from being rankled by Messi berating a player in the caliber of David Villa on live TV for taking a shot at goal; especially when he was well within his rights to do so. I have seen Messi go for goal on so many occasions and miss when a simple tap in would have resulted had he made a pass from his position (usually from the side of the opponent's goal).

A selfish Messi cannot benefit Barcelona or himself for that matter. Messi was most selfish last season and he broke goal scoring records; but the club only won a single almost inconsequential trophy - the Copa del Rey. And that must have affected the votes in picking Iniesta over him for the "Best Player in Europe" award. So if Messi wants to help the team and himself, he should create chances for others and allow them take their chances when it is justified.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2012
logica: Being a Messi fan did not stop me from being rankled by Messi berating a player in the caliber of David Villa on live TV for taking a shot at goal; especially when he was well within his rights to do so. I have seen Messi go for goal on so many occasions and miss when a simple tap in would've have resulted had he made a pass from his position (usually from the side of the opponent's goal).

A selfish Messi cannot benefit Barcelona or himself for that matter. Messi was most selfish last season and he broke goal scoring records; but the club only won a single almost inconsequential trophy - the Copa del Rey. And that must have affected the votes in picking Iniesta over him for the "Best Player in Europe" award. So if Messi wants to help the team and himself, he should create chances for others and allow them take their chances when it is justified.
you do not know messi at all. no you dont. messi scores so much and assists so much. how could you call him selfish. i tell you if he was selfish he would score 100 goals. i could understand his frustrations with villa, even though he over reacted. when a game gets tough messi always drops back to the mid field. why?- because he is not selfish.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:29pm On Oct 01, 2012
usbcable:

then how did beating Sevilla in the make us win the league(in hind sight).

BTW,
the match being referred to was two seasons ago. and real just won the league last season.

chai dippset I tire for you sha.
stop cocncorting lieas to fund your argument mr man.
pls dont muddle my comments. alot of you guys kept going on and on about how we got an unfair victory against sevilla saturday night, and then i reminded you guys of how madrid got theirs sometime ago against the same victimised opponents in sevila cus as far as you guys and mourinho are concerned you never benefit from a referee's error, your players are always victims and your coach never faulters. and as for last season real madrid got a lot of dubious 3 points from errors made by the referee. and then in hind sight if all errors were eliminated for both barca and madrid, barca would have retained la liga. so what's the moral of my story? respect to barca and dont come up with these ridiculous conspiracy theories whenever a decision favours us. this is logic, isnt it?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 7:41pm On Oct 01, 2012
ddippset: you do not know messi at all. no you dont. messi scores so much and assists so much. how could you call him selfish. i tell you if he was selfish he would score 100 goals. i could understand his frustrations with villa, even though he over reacted. when a game gets tough messi always drops back to the mid field. why?- because he is not selfish.
Sorry o. Na you know Messi.

But the really hilarious part of your post is in red. So you think it makes sense that Messi should continue to stay upfront in tight situations where he can't make headway and he is being tightly marked? Even without a coach's instruction, any player with commonsense will know he needs to shift to an area where he can get a hold of the ball when he's starved of the ball.

Even out-and-out strikers (Ibrahimovic, Eto'o, Falcao, Llorente, etc) do this not to talk of Messi. So that is basic commonsense; not unselfishness. It's an act borne out of survival instinct, and not as noble as you try to put it. It is simply for him to have an influence on the game in a situation where he had been rendered redundant as a striker.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2012
logica: Sorry o. Na you know Messi.

But the really hilarious part of your post is in red. So you think it makes sense that Messi should continue to stay upfront in tight situations where he can't make headway and he is being tightly marked? Even without a coach's instruction, any player with commonsense will know he needs to shift to an area where he can get a hold of the ball when he's starved of the ball.

Even out-and-out strikers (Ibrahimovic, Eto'o, Falcao, Llorente, etc) do this not to talk of Messi. So that is basic commonsense; not unselfishness. It's an act borne out of survival instinct, and not as noble as you try to put it. It is simply for him to have an influence on the game in a situation where he had been rendered redundant as a striker.
good point. but i tell you solemnly there are some strikers i know who wouldnt drop back no matter what happens simply because they want to remain upfront and pad up their goals. when you look at messi's goal records you are tempted to call him selfish, but guy his assist record is awesome, it is incredible! how could just one man score so many goals and make so many assists? back to your statement if he was selfish he wouldnt give a fvck if he was starved of the ball, he would still remain upfront just to get the goals, but he isnt so he drops deep in order to feel the ball and make assists for others.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 9:44pm On Oct 01, 2012
ddippset: pls dont muddle my comments. alot of you guys kept going on and on about how we got an unfair victory against sevilla saturday night, and then i reminded you guys of how madrid got theirs sometime ago against the same victimised opponents in sevila cus as far as you guys and mourinho are concerned you never benefit from a referee's error, your players are always victims and your coach never faulters. and as for last season real madrid got a lot of dubious 3 points from errors made by the referee. and then in hind sight if all errors were eliminated for both barca and madrid, barca would have retained la liga. so what's the moral of my story? respect to barca and dont come up with these ridiculous conspiracy theories whenever a decision favours us. this is logic, isnt it?

point of correction
I didnt start thr sevilla robbery argument .
na davies and you start am.
he mentioned barca you defended with madrid vs sevilla argument.

and your forgot on hind sight that the match you were refering to is a CDR match played 2 seasons ago for that matter.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2012
usbcable:

point of correction
I didnt start thr sevilla robbery argument .
na davies and you start am.
he mentioned barca you defended with madrid vs sevilla argument.

and your forgot on hind sight that the match you were refering to is a CDR match played 2 seasons ago for that matter.
yes but davies is a madrid fan as well. and in my reference i said copa del rey 2011. meaning 2 seasons ago.(2010/11 season). so we are saying the same thing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (6187) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.