Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,344 members, 7,850,253 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:01 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4654133 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (6224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hustleranthem(m): 1:38am On Dec 17, 2012
Barca till i Quench..the fans at Camp Nou were Awesome!!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 3:47am On Dec 17, 2012
Adriano is one of the few Barca players (other than Messi) who tend to take shots from outside the box, or any other time a chance comes along. The others are Cesc and Tello.

Pedro, Sanchez, Villa n Alves are always so obsessed with passing to Messi that they don't see the chances that come their way.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hustleranthem(m): 3:56am On Dec 17, 2012
Stealthy: Adriano is one of the few Barca players (other than Messi) who tend to take shots from outside the box, or any other time a chance comes along. The others are Cesc and Tello.

Pedro, Sanchez, Villa n Alves are always so obsessed with passing to Messi that they don't see the chances that come their way.
that means you do not watch our games..have u not seen villa and alves score from outside the box on so many occasions...villa's goal vs madrid? alves goal vs madrid? even villa's goal at wembley!! i agree on pedro and sanchez and Adriano has been outstanding this season.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 6:37am On Dec 17, 2012
Stealthy: Adriano is one of the few Barca players (other than Messi) who tend to take shots from outside the box, or any other time a chance comes along. The others are Cesc and Tello.

pedro sanchez and villa are obsessed with passing to messi mAybe. But the irony of it all is that it is still the same messi who gives the most final passes in the box to pedro, villa, sanchez and co but the simply can't score like him.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 7:58am On Dec 17, 2012

Haba.
Fact of the matter is, nobody passes to Messi in particular. I always wonder when people say this.
How can everybody pass to a guy who operates from deep midfield most of the time?
Messi's first goal yesterday was from outside the penalty area. He received the ball from just inside AM's area, sprinted a few yards to create the space he needed, and shot into the far left corner. The second goal was from a stolen ball off a defender.

Messi isn't a standing center forward. Most of his runs are meant to create space and draw away defenders. He's just a master poacher that can create goals from nothing. How many of his recorded assists are from Villa, Pedro, or Sanchez? Most of Messi's assists come from Iniesta, Alves, and Xavi. On the contrary, most of the goals scored by any of Sanchez, Villa, or Pedro, are assisted by him!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RuuDie(m): 8:51am On Dec 17, 2012
I have to hand it to you guys. . .yours is a very SPECIAL team!

The control, the movement, the passing. . .absolutely impeccable and all this against a top opposition like Athletico Madrid. . .I couldn't help but marvel!

And Don Iniesta. . .simply wow!

*doffs hat*
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 9:11am On Dec 17, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Haba.
Fact of the matter is, nobody passes to Messi in particular. I always wonder when people say this.
How can everybody pass to a guy who operates from deep midfield most of the time?
Messi's first goal yesterday was from outside the penalty area. He received the ball from just inside AM's area, sprinted a few yards to create the space he needed, and shot into the far left corner. The second goal was from a stolen ball off a defender.

Messi isn't a standing center forward. Most of his runs are meant to create space and draw away defenders. He's just a master poacher that can create goals from nothing. How many of his recorded assists are from Villa, Pedro, or Sanchez? On the contrary, most of the goals scored by any of those fellows are assisted by him!

Nicely put.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Hotdiamond(m): 10:02am On Dec 17, 2012
Barca= just too Good. Care for more?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 11:44pm On Dec 17, 2012
Just like I said, and keep saying...unbeaten run till the league ends.

Xavi does alot too!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 3:33am On Dec 18, 2012
hustler anthem: that means you do not watch our games..have u not seen villa and alves score from outside the box on so many occasions...villa's goal vs madrid? alves goal vs madrid? even villa's goal at wembley!! i agree on pedro and sanchez and Adriano has been outstanding this season.

Lol, I watch almost every Barca match. Go back on the thread to see my many analyses. How many times have you seen Alves get a chance even inside the box and the guy is still looking for Messi? Same applies to Villa, Sanchez, Pedro. Its like Pep at some point told the players that Messi is the focal point (I have no issues with that) but some team members seem to have taken it too far.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 3:39am On Dec 18, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Haba.

Messi isn't a standing center forward. Most of his runs are meant to create space and draw away defenders. He's just a master poacher that can create goals from nothing. How many of his recorded assists are from Villa, Pedro, or Sanchez? Most of Messi's assists come from Iniesta, Alves, and Xavi. On the contrary, most of the goals scored by any of Sanchez, Villa, or Pedro, are assisted by him!

Lol, doesn't matter. Looking forMessi doesn't necessarilymean they always find him. It just means that they throw away several potential goals. Recall the match when Messi seemed angry at Villa? Its clear that these guys have been instructed to pass to Messi, but some of them don't use their discretion and take it too far. I have seen Alves one-on-one with a goal keeper and he still attempted a pass to Messi.

Tello, Adriano, Cesc seem to play with more freedom and will usually choose to shoot rather than pass when a chance comes along.

I'm not taking anything away from Messi and his unbelievable skills and workrate.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hustleranthem(m): 4:14am On Dec 18, 2012
Stealthy:

Lol, I watch almost every Barca match. Go back on the thread to see my many analyses. How many times have you seen Alves get a chance even inside the box and the guy is still looking for Messi? Same applies to Villa, Sanchez, Pedro. Its like Pep at some point told the players that Messi is the focal point (I have no issues with that) but some team members seem to have taken it too far.
abeg abeg..so do you want the team to change this style of play that has brought so much success..it is not messi's fault sanchez and pedro do not score..if messi has not been scoring,u can imagine wat would have become of Barca by now..and i have seen messi passing so many through balls to sanchez and pedro.but they misuse those chances..omo,abeg free our club.we true fans of Barcelona are not complaining..i believe as the season wears on,the other strikers will contribute.especially Villa..i no just know y una go dey beef our golden boy..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hustleranthem(m): 4:19am On Dec 18, 2012
Stealthy:

Lol, doesn't matter. Looking forMessi doesn't necessarilymean they always find him. It just means that they throw away several potential goals. Recall the match when Messi seemed angry at Villa? Its clear that these guys have been instructed to pass to Messi, but some of them don't use their discretion and take it too far. I have seen Alves one-on-one with a goal keeper and he still attempted a pass to Messi.

Tello, Adriano, Cesc seem to play with more freedom and will usually choose to shoot rather than pass when a chance comes along.

I'm not taking anything away from Messi and his unbelievable skills and workrate.
i can see u'r just a plastic fan who does not understand the true value of our great club..for heaven's sake,Messi is the main focal point,he plays the No 9 position.so what is bad if the ball meets him more often?.the people who plays at the flank creates space for him to shoot and even create more chances..i bet you that villa or sanchez cannot replicate what messi is doing in that no 9 position..so it is not all about SHOOTING from outside the box..ronaldo shoots about 20shots per match to no avail..what is most important is that this formation is working perfectly and Messi is the main focal point of our team..so he has to receive the ball more often..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hustleranthem(m): 4:23am On Dec 18, 2012
Stealthy:

u no know wetin u dey talk..this season,xavi has scored outside the box,iniesta scored outside the box vs levante,alves scored outside the box vs spartak moscow..so i do not get your point.u r just trying to beef our system of play and that is your own cup of tea.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 11:33am On Dec 18, 2012
hustler anthem: i can see u'r just a plastic fan who does not understand the true value of our great club..for heaven's sake,Messi is the main focal point,he plays the No 9 position.so what is bad if the ball meets him more often?.the people who plays at the flank creates space for him to shoot and even create more chances..i bet you that villa or sanchez cannot replicate what messi is doing in that no 9 position..so it is not all about SHOOTING from outside the box..ronaldo shoots about 20shots per match to no avail..what is most important is that this formation is working perfectly and Messi is the main focal point of our team..so he has to receive the ball more often..

What's wrong with this dude? You are new here and you start to call people names?

If you don't agree with me fine, but please do not undermine the respect we have for each other on this thread.

Read my previous posts - I'm not one of those internet warriors who pick fights With people they don't know.

Besides, I never said anything about the team's style of play nor did I say anything negative about Messi.

Thank you!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 1:26pm On Dec 18, 2012
Stealthy:

Lol, doesn't matter. Looking fo rMessi doesn't necessarily mean they always find him. It just means that they throw away several potential goals. Recall the match when Messi seemed angry at Villa? Its clear that these guys have been instructed to pass to Messi, but some of them don't use their discretion and take it too far. I have seen Alves one-on-one with a goal keeper and he still attempted a pass to Messi.

Bro, it's not about who prefers to shoot, and who prefers to pass. It's mostly about the judgement of the player in that particular situation.
Sometimes a player like Alves, who's a defender, might feel someone else is in a better position, and opts to pass rather than shoot. Some others, like Villa who is a striker, would most likely make the attempt.

But it's easy to see that, in Barca, it is sometimes all about textbook plays. You can see it in the attack, they try to finish the plays in textbook fashion, rather than shooting from all angles. That was likely Pep's way. Tito's Barca look more direct, and pleasantly so. And you see so many shots from outside the area. Xavi's goal against Granada, as well as Adriano's goal on Sunday. Cracking goals wink

But Messi is still the master finisher. That might explain why other players like to find him in the area, as he's more likely to convert than they are. Abi?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hustleranthem(m): 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2012
Stealthy:

What's wrong with this dude? You are new here and you start to call people names?

If you don't agree with me fine, but please do not undermine the respect we have for each other on this thread.

Read my previous posts - I'm not one of those internet warriors who pick fights With people they don't know.

Besides, I never said anything about the team's style of play nor did I say anything negative about Messi.

Thank you!
omo,you are just a confused fellow! i thought you were complaining about the ball getting to messi too much and how they do not shoot outside the box often? if you do not like our game plan..go hug transformer if u like,spend 100yrs on this thread.e no concern me
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 2:02pm On Dec 18, 2012
@hustler, I assume you are a Barca Supporter, and as you would know, Barcelona has its own strong Philosophy, so does this thread and all cules therein. I'll advise you don't go into debates using harsh words against your fellow cule on here. Its fine if debates erupts between cules, but not to a level of throwing harsh and insulting words!! Thanks in advance.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hustleranthem(m): 2:57pm On Dec 18, 2012
eyoniggar: @hustler, I assume you are a Barca Supporter, and as you would know, Barcelona has its own strong Philosophy, so does this thread and all cules therein. I'll advise you don't go into debates using harsh words against your fellow cule on here. Its fine if debates erupts between cules, but not to a level of throwing harsh and insulting words!! Thanks in advance.
alriht bro.but @stealthy arguement is bias..he keeps saying they pay too much attention to Messi when we all know he is our striker.he has to receive the ball just like other strikers do.anyway,1 love to all my cules and Stealthy too.what matters most is our team's success
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:38pm On Dec 18, 2012
I think I understand what our homeboy stealthy is trying to say.it mightt sound a bit like a diss to messi but he didn't mean it that way. There is a gift that messi has better than any other player I've seen, ; his positioning. That's why others have no choice but to give him the ball. A major reason messi could score 90 goals is his sense of positioning.like I said before he scores the most goals and gives the most assists at the same time. That dude messi is definitely always a twelveth man for barca. He is 2 players rolled in one. Pass the final ball to messi and you are 90 percent its a goal, ignore him and go for the final strike yourself and you are only 60 percent on point.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hustleranthem(m): 9:11pm On Dec 18, 2012
ddippset: I think I understand what our homeboy stealthy is trying to say.it mightt sound a bit like a diss to messi but he didn't mean it that way. There is a gift that messi has better than any other player I've seen, ; his positioning. That's why others have no choice but to give him the ball. A major reason messi could score 90 goals is his sense of positioning.like I said before he scores the most goals and gives the most assists at the same time. That dude messi is definitely always a twelveth man for barca. He is 2 players rolled in one. Pass the final ball to messi and you are 90 percent its a goal, ignore him and go for the final strike yourself and you are only 60 percent on point.
thank u my broda.there is absolutely no reason to diss messi because he does two jobs at a time.some people feel it's easy just because u watch him on tv..his positioning has no match.if u watch the atletico match,u saw how he controlled Sanchez's pass for the first goal? if it was another player there,that person would have foiled that attempt.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 11:48pm On Dec 18, 2012
Thanks dippset n eyoniggar

Anyway to more interesting stuff: Messi has renewed to 2018. So if Citeh, PSG n co were nursing crazy ideas, they better think again.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 11:50pm On Dec 18, 2012
UCL draw comes up on Friday. Which team will you like to draw and Why?

For me, Porto because its a short trip to Portugal and also because Barca generally does well against Portuguese teams.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hustleranthem(m): 11:58pm On Dec 18, 2012
Stealthy: UCL draw comes up on Friday. Which team will you like to draw and Why?

For me, Porto because its a short trip to Portugal and also because Barca generally does well against Portuguese teams.
i will prefer Milan or Arsenal.i am sure we will be able to exploit their weakness since our team is very complete now. Porto might be very tricky you know.they have a very good attacking trio..but all the opponents are tricky.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sweetguy10(m): 2:45am On Dec 19, 2012
I say Bring on any team , Our guys will CRUSH them and if they can't crush them , they will break them into two grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 7:58am On Dec 19, 2012
Milan should be okay. tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 19, 2012
Stealthy: UCL draw comes up on Friday. Which team will you like to draw and Why?

The draw is tomorrow, 20th.
not 21st
Shaktar and Porto have a great attacking team who can occasionally pull off a few shocks. Avoiding them is the main benefit of finishing top of the group.
On the other hand ,Milan and Arsenal look shaky and could be exploited.
Galatasary will not present a genuine oppositions. I do not want such a challenge. They 'll give a false sense of nice performance. Apologies to the Turks though. That 's why Madrid have always flattered to deceive when they meet a top opposition in the Semis. They always thought they are doing well by despatching weak opponents in the early stages.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:38am On Dec 19, 2012

I rather avoid shaktar. No no to shaktar. I could manage milan and arsenal. But give me porto or galatasaray all day.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 9:00am On Dec 19, 2012
ddippset: I rather avoid shaktar. No no to shaktar. I could manage milan and arsenal. But give me porto or galatasaray all day.

1st and 1st cant play eachother na, i thought Shaktar finished 1st?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:33am On Dec 19, 2012
We can only play any of Porto, Shahktar, AC Milan, Galatasaray, Arsenal.
We can't play Real Madrid, Celtic, or Valencia.

Any of the five is fine for us. Though I'd prefer the Turks or Porto. Porto is just like home, and Galatasaray should be a stroll either way.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 10:14am On Dec 19, 2012
honeric01:

1st and 1st cant play eachother na, i thought Shaktar finished 1st?
no shaktar finished second to juventus.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 11:05am On Dec 19, 2012
ddippset: no shaktar finished second to juventus.

Ha my bad, then we should avoid them, they are too tricky to play.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (6224) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: peterd53(m), Bacteria8 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.