Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4631909 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) ... (6210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 09, 2016
Spy360:

I pay DSTV, who pay skysports, who pay the clubs, who buys the players. So my money join.
cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Spy360(m): 2:42pm On May 09, 2016
Mcleo007:

That's chicken change for a Moanrhino.. On the contrary, P. Guardiola was only accused of signing players mostly at a high cost with less impact on the team. Players like D. Chygrinsky and Z. Ibrahim comes to mind. He's a coach that thrives on a positive school of thought; whether or not the players he signed translates his ideas is secondary.
Yes o, no one spends like Mourinho. When he doesn't spend he moans. The good thing about him is that when he can spend he can win trophies.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 5:29pm On May 09, 2016
bykebyke:

If we had a defender who could differentiate between his post and the opponent's post,we would not have drawn 2-2 with Villarreal. grin grin
And hence, the Liga would have been won already.cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 5:32pm On May 09, 2016
homesteady:
Ermmm... this Sevilla, whats wrong with them?

I hope they are not planning to go and disgrace la liga in Europa cup final oh? undecided undecided
Allow them to first disgrace themselves at the Copa Final abeg. After that, then we can talk about Correcting them.cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 6:24pm On May 09, 2016
Spy360:

Yes o, no one spends like Mourinho. When he doesn't spend he moans. The good thing about him is that when he can spend he can win trophies.

Of the two (Pep and Moanrhino), who has spent more and who's won more? You know the answer bro! The only dent on P. Guardiola's Bayern record is not winning the UCL, which was a pressure he lived through from day one, considering he inherited a perfect team that won the treble.

P. Guardiola like his mentor, M. Bielsa tries new things with a clear view at reinventing the game. He does things the likes of J. Moanrhino would cowardly shy away from. He's a winner and more importantly, one who believes in winning well. If he loses ti you, he'd congratulate you and move on.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 6:28pm On May 09, 2016
God-Messi's secret isn't really a secret because you can see it yourself. The man has a true gift of God. He doesn't try to impress you but does it anyway. His movements, vision, touches and creativity is 100% natural, it can't be taught. His statistics are incredible but stats don't accurately represent what he does. The best player I have ever seen by a mile.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 09, 2016
dmcdad:

And hence, the Liga would have been won already.cheesy
Exactly. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 6:48pm On May 09, 2016
Spy360:
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10274082/peps-wasted-millions

Guadiola just got murdered!

Nonsense and senseless article. The writer must be drunk or just plain daft

Who are the players he spent on at Bayern and were wastes? And tell us which top manager doesnt spend money on wastes
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by olabode89(m): 6:56pm On May 09, 2016
Mcleo007:
God-Messi's secret isn't really a secret because you can see it yourself. The man has a true gift of God. He doesn't try to impress you but does it anyway. His movements, vision, touches and creativity is 100% natural, it can't be taught. His statistics are incredible but stats don't accurately represent what he does. The best player I have ever seen by a mile.

A mile?? Did you watch Ronaldinho from 2002 to 2006? Take nothing away from Messi, I believe Dinho's peak surpassed that of Messi (my opinion).
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 7:40pm On May 09, 2016
Spy360:

I pay DSTV, who pay skysports, who pay the clubs, who buys the players. So my money join.
cheesy

Your head is there! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 7:41pm On May 09, 2016
olabode89:

A mile?? Did you watch Ronaldinho from 2002 to 2006? Take nothing away from Messi, I believe Dinho's peak surpassed that of Messi (my opinion).

Hmmm!

Honestly it is tough for me to differentiate the 2 greats... lipsrsealed

Ronaldinho make you wanna watch football & don't miss it for anything... grin

Messi... No comment... lipsrsealed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 7:45pm On May 09, 2016
Ronaldinho - Romance

Messi - S*x
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 8:18pm On May 09, 2016
olabode89:

You mentioned a period of 4yrs. God-Messi has been there and remains on the top since when? 2008 and still counting. As much as I hate to admit it, Tapnaldo is greater than Lord Dinho.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AbuMikey(m): 9:12pm On May 09, 2016
Dinho 75/100 Messi 98/100
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 10:02pm On May 09, 2016
coded01:
Ronaldinho - Romance

Messi - S*x

The above sums it up... grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 11:26pm On May 09, 2016
Mcleo007:
Well said my broda. Messi makes something spectacular with the ball every opportunity he gets, he is one of a kind. And there shouldn't be any comparison between him and legenddinho, they are our two GREATS. They both proved to be the best at their time.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 1:22am On May 10, 2016
Messi is just so intelligent and humble. Gosh, can we ever see a player like this again? Indeed, "Indisputably the greatest player ever to don a pair of football boots."

Lionel Messi on La Liga, Copa America Centenario, Champions League, more

The day after he helped Barcelona move closer to winning La Liga by beating Espanyol 5-0, Lionel Messi spoke exclusively to ESPN's Quique Wolff.

This interview was conducted in Spanish and then translated into English. It has been edited for brevity and clarity.

Quique Wolff: A lot of time has passed since we first interviewed you wearing that Lanus hat. All your dreams have come true, no?

Lionel Messi: A lot of time has passed since then! Luckily there have been a lot of happy moments, but some not so happy as is normal in football. But overall, I am very happy with what has been won so far. And especially for the club; when one has won more titles than one ever expected, it is good. As for the national team, we have been to so many finals and haven't been able to win a title so I still haven't been able to get that off my back, but that is football.

Wolff: There is just one game to determine whether Barcelona win La Liga and the fate is, luckily, in the club's hands.

Messi: Yes, luckily we have been able to get several points ahead. We suffered a dip at a time when we least expected it, after the international break, we had [Real] Madrid and then the qualifier against Atletico Madrid and then consecutive games in La Liga where we dropped many points. Luckily we counted on ourselves and now we are back on top.

Wolff: Is that the key, when the club get together and become strong and say: 'Guys we have to depend on ourselves?'

Messi: Yes, luckily we caught that in time and banded together. The truth is the elimination by Atletico Madrid in the Champions League was tough. We had been far superior in the first leg and we could have defined the qualifier, but the way we left it and then having to play there, well, that was very difficult. Because Atletico Madrid do what they do very well and that made it more complicated.

Wolff: Would you like to see Atletico Madrid win the Champions League?

Messi: Always for Barcelona, the fans don't want to see Real Madrid win anything, as they also feel toward us. But in the end it is a final that they made it to again and for us, we just need to focus on what we can win. We have two finals left, and it would be great to end the season winning them both. It also would have been great to have been in the Champions League final but it wasn't to be. So winning two of three would be spectacular.

Wolff: Playing against a Diego Simeone team, it is difficult, no?

Messi: They are a team very uncomfortable to play against. And [Simeone] deserves much merit for what he has done and made his players believe in him and do things perfectly because he has been at this for a while now. Apart from this he has very good players and reserves, who also come in and do the job when they get a chance.

Wolff: Regarding your goal on Sunday, people think this is all just luck but the truth is that you have been working on this all your life, this thing of the free kicks.

Messi: Yes, the truth is that we train for this; we work on how to move so that the ball goes to the right place and also you learn things over the course of your career.

Wolff: Now you have the goalkeepers confused because they aren't sure whether you are hitting the ball toward their post or over the wall. That plants doubt in the minds of the goalkeepers and gives you a little advantage, isn't that right?

Messi: Yes. To be honest, I like to hit the ball over the players' wall but from time to time I like to mix it up a little bit so that the goalkeeper doesn't know where I'm going and I want to keep him confused until I kick. I think for that reason I like to keep the goalkeeper in doubt.

Wolff: Copa America Centenario -- a new illusion?

Messi: It is a new Copa, different. Very nice in the United States and very different from what I have played before because of the people, the stadiums. That will make it different and for us, a new chance.

Wolff: Olympics? You would have liked to play, I bet?

Messi: I would have liked to go because it was a spectacular experience for me to play in the (2008) Olympics, just as it was for the (2005) U20 World Cup. Not just because we won, but for the experience I gained. It was a great experience to stay in the Olympic Village and meet other elite athletes from other sports and to be just another athlete among them; that was very spectacular even though we didn't spend a lot of time in the village.

Wolff: All athletes say that Olympics are special.

Messi: Yes, World Cup is great but Olympics are something special.

Wolff: Does it bother you to have made it to the World Cup final and not won? And then all the media buzz.

Messi: Well, that always happens. I am used to it. But yes, we made it to the final. It isn't like we only made it to the second round, we made it to the final and that is not easy. I have said this in other interviews: It is not easy. We were very close and we lost to Germany, a great national team with great players and they just got past us. Just like the Copa America, the loss came down to the details, we lost [vs. Chile in 2015] in penalty kicks. But to say that the media wanted to destroy me, I'm over that.

Wolff: You have Five Ballons d'Or! Five!

Messi: I never would have imagined that. As I told you everything I have won in my career was more than I ever dreamed in my life. The titles in group are very important to me but these [Ballons d'Or] are also very special.

http://www.espnfc.com/spanish-primera-division/15/blog/post/2868382/lionel-messi-on-la-liga-copa-america-centenario-champions-league-and-more

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:40am On May 10, 2016
Bayern just signed Renato Sanches,securing their future more and more.

We are probably making a bid for Bastian Schweinsteiger. lipsrsealed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 11:42am On May 10, 2016
Choice words of a god... What do you expect? To be blabbing and hailing himself?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 11:54am On May 10, 2016
The midget wants Atletico to win the UCL.Shocking.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Spy360(m): 12:10pm On May 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

Nonsense and senseless article. The writer must be drunk or just plain daft

Who are the players he spent on at Bayern and were wastes? And tell us which top manager doesnt spend money on wastes
Let me try to answer your question.
1. Pep signed Ibra from Inter to Barca @ £60m plus Eto. Extravagant!
2. Pep met a championship winning side after Henckles @Bayern yet spent over £100m beefing the team.
3. 1 and 2 above are meaningless because many coaches spend big especially Jose Mourinho but the argument is that Pep has not really proven his mettle with a struggling side.
4. He has only coached monopolistic clubs in Barca and Bayern, his latest club will tell the world whether he deserves the title of World Best Manager.

#WelcomeToEPL
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Spy360(m): 12:17pm On May 10, 2016
olabode89:

God forbid. Which kind tv you dey use? Messi shitts on Ronaldinho's head every day.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 1:56pm On May 10, 2016
Spy360:

2. Pep met a championship winning side after Henckles @Bayern yet spent over £100m beefing the team.
3. 1 and 2 above are meaningless because many coaches spend big especially Jose Mourinho but the argument is that Pep has not really proven his mettle with a struggling side.
4. He has only coached monopolistic clubs in Barca and Bayern, his latest club will tell the world whether he deserves the title of World Best Manager.

#WelcomeToEPL

Barca that was trophiless for 2 seasons before Pep came was a winning side right? Tell us a struggling club that Mourinho managed. Is Porto a struggling side in Portugal? Is it Inter or is it Madrid?

Maybe Mancity that won the carling cup, and reached the last 4 in UCL is a struggling side. And if he wins the EPL in his 1st season, you and your likes will come here to lecture us on how Man City has been a top club in England.

gerarahere mehn...

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 2:00pm On May 10, 2016
Spy360:

#WelcomeToEPL

His first season in Barcelona how much did he spend to win the treble?

100M in 3yrs is an average of 33M a yr. How is that extravagant

Tell me how much your penny pinching Arsenal has spent in 3yrs if its not over 100M

I am waiting

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by marqueetim(m): 3:12pm On May 10, 2016
Guardiola and haters angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Spy360(m): 6:12pm On May 10, 2016
Debroslink:

Barca that was trophiless for 2 seasons before Pep came was a winning side right? Tell us a struggling club that Mourinho managed. Is Porto a struggling side in Portugal? Is it Inter or is it Madrid?

Maybe Mancity that won the carling cup, and reached the last 4 in UCL is a struggling side. And if he wins the EPL in his 1st season, you and your likes will come here to lecture us on how Man City has been a top club in England.

gerarahere mehn...
If he wins the EPL in his first season without spending beyond £60m then I will take him to be the best manager in the world. I am not saying he can't, I only want him to prove it.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Spy360(m): 6:16pm On May 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

His first season in Barcelona how much did he spend to win the treble?

100M in 3yrs is an average of 33M a yr. How is that extravagant

Tell me how much your penny pinching Arsenal has spent in 3yrs if its not over 100M

I am waiting
The issue here is not about Arsenal but about Pep Guardiola. He is acclaimed to be the best coach which is OK, but he has not tested his mettle yet. If he spends less than £60m and still wins the league then I and some few others would be convinced. Some of us think he has been having an easy ride, next season will tell.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 10, 2016
Spy360:

The issue here is not about Arsenal but about Pep Guardiola. He is acclaimed to be the best coach which is OK, but he has not tested his mettle yet. If he spends less than £60m and still wins the league then I and some few others would be convinced. Some of us think he has been having an easy ride, next season will tell.

Who are the you and the other that needs to be convinced? Who know una? Go sleep
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by marqueetim(m): 7:11am On May 11, 2016
Ollah1 pls ask him o.Who is he? God or Fifa president. Some people cant just keep shut and enjoy this life while it last. Always intruding to unconnected territories.
ollah1:

Who are the you and the other that needs to be convinced? Who know una? Go sleep
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:24am On May 11, 2016
coded01:
Ronaldinho - Romance

Messi - S*x

I couldn't have said it any better. The formal is sweeter and fancier, but the latter na the koko.cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:27am On May 11, 2016
bykebyke:
Bayern just signed Renato Sanches,securing their future more and more.

We are probably making a bid for Bastian Schweinsteiger. lipsrsealed
Ahswear, you no well.cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LordEmperoris1(m): 7:38am On May 11, 2016
Krasid:
The midget wants Atletico to win the UCL.Shocking.
He is afraid that cr7 will win WPOTY

(1) (2) (3) ... (1531) (1532) (1533) (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) ... (6210) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.