Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,958 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4613715 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (6200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by biolabee(m): 9:24pm On May 13, 2013
honeric01:

The second placed club would have wished for the league title. at least we got it. cool

true bro
Five consecutive ucl semis, 2 victiorious finals is not sth to be laffed at
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 10:14pm On May 13, 2013
biolabee:

true bro
Five consecutive ucl semis, 2 victiorious finals is not sth to be laffed at

You can say that again.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 12:05am On May 14, 2013
Lol see the things Bayern don cause grin grin

I no know if una go fit afford Hummels oh! Yall might have to cough out 40-45 million euros its better to look for a cheaper option within or outside Spain

@ddippset
Even your Barca compadres are telling you to cool it! A 10000% fit Messi would have changed nada so just keep it moving bruh
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:09am On May 14, 2013
A-40:
Lol see the things Bayern don cause grin grin

I no know if una go fit afford Hummels oh! Yall might have to cough out 40-45 million euros its better to look for a cheaper option within or outside Spain

@ddippset
Even your Barca compadres are telling you to cool it! A 10000% fit Messi would have changed nada so just keep it moving bruh

bro you sef nor dey tire? afterall dem don tell me say i nor de tire? i dont know whether a 10000% fit messi for change anything sha, all i know be say the messi wey play bayern nor reach 100% fit messi. simple.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:07am On May 14, 2013
messi out for the season. cool though, he needs the rest, but my 100 points in jeopardy.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 11:19am On May 14, 2013
I am not taking sides, but I think I understand dippset more than anybody would on this thread. It touches him to the bone when some anti-Barca put up annoying facts/statements, whenever he tries to correct or debate them, he always make mention of it, if there is need or reason for it to be mentioned. I think the messi issue sprung up based on the re-occurring hamstring injury he suffered and he was only trying to re-assure the haters the that he wasn't truly fit during the Semi ties. If we as cules are all the same in terms of how we express ourselves based on our passionate support for this club, then we can classify that as a vague or pretentious support, this dude IMO his so passionate that he wants to use every means available to clear the air when they come up with bullock yanz!! What else are we fans for? My 2cent though!! lets maintain some peace fellow cules!!

Btwn, CONGRATS TO ALL THE CULES ON THE NAIRALAND THREAD, CLINCHING THIS LIGA TITLE THIS SEASN NOR BE YEYE!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 14, 2013
^^^
Thank you bro.
Leave some of us here that play to the gallery and support the club when it favours us.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 5:46pm On May 14, 2013
eyoniggar: I am not taking sides, but I think I understand dippset more than anybody would on this thread. It touches him to the bone when some anti-Barca put up annoying facts/statements, whenever he tries to correct or debate them, he always make mention of it, if there is need or reason for it to be mentioned. I think the messi issue sprung up based on the re-occurring hamstring injury he suffered and he was only trying to re-assure the haters the that he wasn't truly fit during the Semi ties. If we as cules are all the same in terms of how we express ourselves based on our passionate support for this club, then we can classify that as a vague or pretentious support, this dude IMO his so passionate that he wants to use every means available to clear the air when they come up with bullock yanz!! What else are we fans for? My 2cent though!! lets maintain some peace fellow cules!!

Btwn, CONGRATS TO ALL THE CULES ON THE NAIRALAND THREAD, CLINCHING THIS LIGA TITLE THIS SEASN NOR BE YEYE!! grin grin
respect bro. thanks for understanding me. yeah, congratulations to all cules. this title is already seeming like an anti climax because we had it from day one and we got spanked by bayern. but we shall not let it. lets celebrate everybody.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:31am On May 15, 2013
Victor Valdes has agreed to a summer departure, according to Catalan newspapers Mundo Deportivo and Sport.

A bit worrying, if you you think about it. Rumour also has it that Pepe Reina is being targeted as a replacement, which seems to signify another big payout to an EPL club is on the way.

I hope the management don't get another Catalan rush of blood to the head, and look within Spain for better, cheaper options. If we have to pay something like 20-odd million pounds for a keeper of questionable quality, we may not have enough funds to make the much-needed reinforcements in defence and attack that we need. I hope they look at Madrid and see how good Diego Lopez has been for them.

Also, there is a strong rumour that Neymar is on his way to Bayern. Not like I mind much; that's 40-50 million not gambled in my view. It only means that, if we still refuse to reinforce (Tito and co keep saying they only need 2 or so reinforcements), we should expect more of the same from Bayern and co next season embarassed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 9:43am On May 15, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Also, there is a strong rumour that Neymar is on his way to Bayern. Not like I mind much; that's 40-50 million not gambled in my view. It only means that, if we still refuse to reinforce (Tito and co keep saying they only need 2 or so reinforcements), we should expect more of the same from Bayern and co next season embarassed

Its just a rumor because Bayern rebuked the news.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:56am On May 15, 2013
honeric01:

Its just a rumor because Bayern rebuked the news.

Well, like I said, I couldn't care less. Neymar is just one player. It's just like speculating about CR7, as good a player as he is, we don't have to have him. I am more concerned about the reinforcements we are planning to make. We only hear names being mentioned. Today Hummels, tomorrow Thiago Silva. At the end of the day, maybe it's only Reina (a Catalan) that would end up being signed, and for big money too. Which leaves us firmly back in Square 1. angry

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:38am On May 15, 2013
I just don't know what is wrong with these guys. What's the foolishness about catalan or la masia players? They are beginning to prove that they have little or no vision in getting future players. I love this club but the people at the helm of power now are jokers cause they are just too short-sighted to look beyond their perimeters.

Anyways, I no go kill myself. if them like make them buy Reina and some worthless or meaningless players, they would have themselves to blame at the end.

Barca are always complaining of insufficient funds in buying players. Does that mean we are the poorest or among the poorest of clubs? Cause even average clubs spend up to 50million during summer re-enforcements much more a club like FCB.

I just tire for all those yèyè people wey dey that board.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 10:42am On May 15, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Well, like I said, I couldn't care less. Neymar is just one player. It's just like speculating about CR7, as good a player as he is, we don't have to have him. I am more concerned about the reinforcements we are planning to make. We only hear names being mentioned. Today Hummels, tomorrow Thiago Silva. At the end of the day, maybe it's only Reina (a Catalan) that would end up being signed, and for big money too. Which leaves us firmly back in Square 1. angry

Lets wait and see what happens.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:42am On May 15, 2013
Pop quiz:
Here are the four major signings that have been carried out in the last 2 seasons.

Jordi Alba - 14 million euros.
Alexis Sanchez - 40 million Euros.
Cesc Fabregas - 36 million euros
Alex Song - 19 million euros.

Which has been the most value for money out of the four?

I'd say Alba first, excellent performance after one season.
Cesc next, on and off yes, but he has done pretty good. His performance I suspect is a result of a coaching problem.
Song and Alexis, as far as I am concerned, is a ~60 million euro waste of money angry. For whatever they offered, we could have gotten some other resources cheaper in Spain, and would maybe have delivered much more.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 10:44am On May 15, 2013
AjanleKoko: Pop quiz:

Jordi Alba - 14 million euros.
Alexis Sanchez - 40 million Euros.
Cesc Fabregas - 36 million euros
Alex Song - 19 million euros.

Which has been the most value for money out of the four?

I'd say Alba first, excellent performance after one season.
Cesc next, on and off yes, but he has done pretty good. His performance I suspect is a result of a coaching problem.
Song and Alexis, as far as I am concerned, is a ~60 million euro waste of money angry

Second biggest waste after Ibram
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:40am On May 15, 2013
The Monchenglabach keeper, Ter Stegen, have re- emerged as the favourite to replace the departing Valdes. Interests appears to be cooling in respect of Reina.
With Reina, you are assured of experience but he's too
error prone. They should not try to sign him, even if he's very cheap.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 12:17pm On May 15, 2013
Johnpaul88: The Monchenglabach keeper, Ter Stegen, have re- emerged as the favourite to replace the departing Valdes. Interests appears to be cooling in respect of Reina.
With Reina, you are assured of experience but he's too
error prone. They should not try to sign him, even if he's very cheap.

I would not sign either Reina or Ter Stegen.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 15, 2013
AjanleKoko:

I would not sign either Reina or Ter Stegen.
Who will you rather we sign?
Valencia Guiata is now very costly while Chealse would not allow Cortois to leave for Barca. Who again now? Nobody.

I know Ter Stegen is still too young and inexperienced, but he's by far better than most keepers today. It represents a gamble but he's one for the future.

The thinking was to allow Valdes stay out his contract and use this one season to coach him and hasten his adaptability to Barca style. But now it's clear Valdes is not staying anymore, i don't know what the club will now do.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:03pm On May 15, 2013
Johnpaul88: Who will you rather we sign?
Valencia Guiata is now very costly while Chealse would not allow Cortois to leave for Barca. Who again now? Nobody.

I know Ter Stegen is still too young and inexperienced, but he's by far better than most keepers today. It represents a gamble but he's one for the future.

They can go for Willy Caballero. Malaga is in disarray anyway, and Pellegrini is obviously on his way out.
If not, keepers boku for La Liga. I will keep re-iterating the issue of Diego Lopez. It pains me that Madrid can do better business in the transfer window, and yet we are there looking, or making imaginary perfect signings that end up stuffing us angry

Ter Stegen is inexperienced, and can't be our first choice keeper. Unless he happens to cost under 10m Euros, I don't see the point.

Come to think of it, is La Masia not producing goalkeepers?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 15, 2013
AjanleKoko:

They can go for Willy Caballero. Malaga is in disarray anyway, and Pellegrini is obviously on his way out.
If not, keepers boku for La Liga. I will keep re-iterating the issue of Diego Lopez. It pains me that Madrid can do better business in the transfer window, and yet we are there looking, or making imaginary perfect signings that end up stuffing us angry

Ter Stegen is inexperienced, and can't be our first choice keeper. Unless he happens to cost under 10m Euros, I don't see the point.

I have not seen keepers from la masia apart from Valdes, so i can't know how good they are. But the fact barca are looking abroad for goal keepers means that the ones coming from the academy are not good enough.

I share your likeness with Malaga's Willy Caballero. He's have been the best goal keeper in Europe in terms of saves per game. There were matches he single handedly won for Malaga both domestically and in the UCL.

But he's been largely underrated. He's hardly received any call up from his national team, Argentina not minding him being far better than Sergio Romero, the national team keeper.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 15, 2013
I just came here to say 7-0. Hahahahahaha.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 10:24pm On May 15, 2013
AjanleKoko:
I will keep re-iterating the issue of Diego Lopez. It pains me that Madrid can do better business in the transfer window, and yet we are there looking, or making imaginary perfect signings that end up stuffing us angry

I would personnaly attribute the good buys to Mourinho. he tends to make purchases discretely most often. and at times at good prices.
AjanleKoko:

they are but will they be good enough for First team action since they have never done anything in the first team before. if its not valdez is pinto.
unlike real madrid. Adan, Mejias and co have first team experience and soon pips say we dont develop young talents grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 11:01pm On May 15, 2013
usbcable:

they are but will they be good enough for First team action since they have never done anything in the first team before. if its not valdez is pinto.
unlike real madrid. Adan, Mejias and co have first team experience and soon pips say we dont develop young talents grin

Yet you bought Lopez and made him 1st choice? grin grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 11:55pm On May 15, 2013
last time I checked thesame Lopez graduated from thesame academy as casillas.

however, my point is Mou gives playing opportunity to the academy players too.

nacho was the captain and he plays. likewise is morata adn Adan on a few occassions.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 12:02am On May 16, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Lool osho free! Better cop Ter Stegen if you can! Dude is already an international for one of the best teams in Europe and you are talking of less than 10m euros! You know how much we pay for Neuer or you no see wetin Man U pay for De Gea? Una pay 40 million for wasteman like Sanchez and una no wan put money for better long term investment like Ter Stegen
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sholatech(m): 12:25am On May 16, 2013
Its good to know the options for Goalkeepers. Don't think its always easy to make such decisions. Any coach can go wrong. While mou might be good in buying players, he still makes mistakes too. Nuri Sahin was not a good buy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 7:48am On May 16, 2013
usbcable: last time I checked thesame Lopez graduated from thesame academy as casillas.

however, my point is Mou gives playing opportunity to the academy players too.

nacho was the captain and he plays. likewise is morata adn Adan on a few occassions.

LOL, name 5 Academy players your Mou allowed to play at least half of the season's games since he joined R.Madrid.

Maybe other coaches, but Mou? LOL
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 7:54am On May 16, 2013
honeric01:

LOL, name 5 Academy players your Mou allowed to play at least half of the season's games since he joined R.Madrid.

Maybe other coaches, but Mou? LOL

Pep did more than any other coach in promoting youngsters.
This Tito regime has even stunted the growth of a lot of them. It was worse when he was away and Roura was in charge.
If Tito wants to stay, he needs to consider getting a better assistant that can deputize for him effectively angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 8:17am On May 16, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Pep did more than any other coach in promoting youngsters.
This Tito regime has even stunted the growth of a lot of them. It was worse when he was away and Roura was in charge.
If Tito wants to stay, he needs to consider getting a better assistant that can deputize for him effectively angry

You really can't blame Roura much, maybe they should get the current Barsa B coach in his place if he won't level up.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:17am On May 16, 2013
Mr.AJ continues to kick.
Hmmm.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 8:51am On May 16, 2013
honeric01:

You really can't blame Roura much, maybe they should get the current Barsa B coach in his place if he won't level up.

Eusebio Sacristan?
shocked

You need to watch Barca B games.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 8:53am On May 16, 2013
Johnpaul88: Mr.AJ continues to kick.
Hmmm.

Kick?

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (6200) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.