Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,376 members, 7,861,037 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:45 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4669160 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (6231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 7:03am On Sep 17, 2013
ddippset: bro keep up with the high spirits. Never fail to let out your emotions and express yourself fully. That's what the thread is for. Lol. The thread isa most exciting when opinions are at variance. Lol.
thank u.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 7:04am On Sep 17, 2013
dmcdad:
I dey feel you bruv...
you are welcome bro!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 4:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
Today exactly 13 years ago, Lionel Messi arrived with his father in Spain, hoping to get a trial at Barcelona. #fcblive

^^^^^
A great day indeed for the football world. The football world and Fc Barcelona will always remember this day.

Long may you reign/rule La Pulga Atomica!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2013
yourangel: Today exactly 13 years ago, Lionel Messi arrived with his father in Spain, hoping to get a trial at Barcelona. #fcblive

^^^^^
A great day indeed for the football world. The football world and Fc Barcelona will always remember this day.

Long may you reign/rule La Pulga Atomica!
Great indeed!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sapien(m): 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
It's official: Victor Valdes is the best goalkeeper in the world!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 10:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
sapien: It's official: Victor Valdes is the best goalkeeper in the world!
the guy on his day is a devil.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:53pm On Sep 18, 2013
ddippset: the guy on his day is a devil.
Agreed!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 10:53pm On Sep 18, 2013
I once read somewhere that Valdez has actually saved more penalties than he has conceded in his professional career. cool
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 18, 2013
Good match for the team. At least Valdes managed to help us to keep clean sheet and Messi helped himself to a brilliant hatrick and Pique scored too. I hope it helps him to be more confident in his defending. He's a Barca legend and thus deserves everybody's support when he's not at the top of his game.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
Good game boys.... Ajax played well buh overall, we were superior. It's a good thing La Pulga responded positively to Ronaldo’s hatrick. Let the battle for the top scorer of the UCL begin.

Valdes was awesome and Piqué too had a great game as he made some well timed tackles...

I hope the coach gives game time to the younger guys this weekend when we meet Rayo.

Visca el Barca
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by flolancracker: 12:14am On Sep 19, 2013
Okay I think tata pissed me off when he subbed neymar for pedro. I mean what †he fΰck was alexis playing?! Can tata honestly tell me neymar wouldn't score that 1-on-1 chance alexis missed after that very substitution?

I'm glad tata's finally realised that xavi is more of a possession player that an attacking one. Fab- iniesta combo is so cool.

Pique just needs to be more(very) aggressive in a technical way. He's slow, okay I get it but being solidly aggressive can be a good cover-up for his slowness. Pique, be very aggressive technically and stop overlapping! You're slow as fΰck!undecided

Dios los bendiga por siempre barcelona!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 12:58am On Sep 19, 2013
Congrats Barca, a good step ahead is a step worth experiencing. unto d next 1. liga!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 3:19am On Sep 19, 2013
Messi the record breaker. Becomes the first player to score four hatricks in UCL...

You are just not human....
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 12:37pm On Sep 19, 2013
I'm very impressed with the current form of Victor Valdes. For me, he's the best goalie in the world at the moment smiley.
If he continues this way, I'm sure he would be the 1st choice keeper for La Roja in Brazil next year.

As for Leo Messi, I'm not surprised, though short of words to describe the little 'big man'. Bojan had this to say after the game last night:

Bojan (Ajax): "You can prepare a game all you want, but then there's a phenomenon like Messi who destroys all your plans." #fcblive

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

From the above quote, we can safely conclude that Leo Messi is a plan destroyer!

Viva Barca!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:46pm On Sep 19, 2013
^^^^ Words cannot describe what he does when the ball is on his feet. Simply phenomenal.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sweetguy10(m): 3:43pm On Sep 19, 2013
What is it with Neymar always wanting to pass the ball to Messi even when he has clear chances to score ? the respect is too much , score your own goals if Messi wants to give attitudes and suck , then he should . Four Ballon d'ors never do am ? praying Neymar doesn't ever regret coming to Barca .
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Pharoh: 4:39pm On Sep 19, 2013
sweetguy10: What is it with Neymar always wanting to pass the ball to Messi even when he has clear chances to score ? the respect is too much , score your own goals if Messi wants to give attitudes and suck , then he should . Four Ballon d'ors never do am ? praying Neymar doesn't ever regret coming to Barca .

He might regret if he doesn't score goals that much and becomes one of the players that has to play for messi as it is impossible to have two captains in one ship.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
Pharoh:

He might regret if he doesn't score goals that much and becomes one of the players that has to play for messi as it is impossible to have two captains in one ship.

You're right there, particularly about the two-captains-in-a-ship part.
Truth is, Neymar at this time is not as experienced or established as Messi. So for now, he has to play for the team, and help Messi score as many goals as possible. He doesn't have to overdo it though. He can also step up and score some when the occasion demands, but Messi is generally better at finishing off those chances than almost everyone else.

When/if he becomes a bigger star, he can choose to stay at Barca or move on, like Ronaldo da Lima. Whichever ends up being the case, what's most important is that he enjoys his game in Europe, and achieves maximum success to the best of his abilities.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 5:30pm On Sep 19, 2013
sweetguy10: What is it with Neymar always wanting to pass the ball to Messi even when he has clear chances to score ? the respect is too much , score your own goals if Messi wants to give attitudes and suck , then he should . Four Ballon d'ors never do am ? praying Neymar doesn't ever regret coming to Barca .

Neymar wanting to pass the ball to Messi is simple; He just arrived to the club and thus, for him to work his way up, he needs to pay his dues and work hand in hand with the best man at it. Leo was like that too when 'Dinho was the 'captain'. Its only natural. Neymar would hit that height pretty soon. Its in him!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 19, 2013
Weighing on this issue, i think Neymar is doing alright. Once he retains the confidence he has on himself, he'll be fine.
I'm at least happy that he can still do some tricks and beat his markers. He'll only get better as his influence increases.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:07pm On Sep 19, 2013
1. Neymar doesn't always try to pass to messi. He tries a couple of shots himself. Even last night he had a good chance from iniesta's pull out but he chested it and hit over the bar, messi also gave him at least one tru pass. Also there was this chance before messi's 3rd goal, messi was on his hattrick and was in the best position to score but neymar went for the goal but the keeper caught the ball. So neymar had at least 3 shots on goal from close range. 2. Anybody who knows messi knows that his sense of positioning makes it inevitable for you not to pass him the ball because he would always be in the best positin to score than anyone else. No footballer in the world positions better than messi inside the box so you must pass him the ball. 3. I don't think neymar passes him the ball because he is messi, neymar has to pass him the ball because he (neymar) plays the wing position while messi plays the centre forward. So neymar must look for messi. He must. Because messi is the team's point man. Except of course tata instructs neymar and messi switch positions. Neymar's goals will come but let's not expect too many because; Since messi always positions better than anyone else, he will look for messi not deliberately But inevitably.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 7:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
Neymar is doing Pretty Well,and going as planned....
We all remember that the Coach said that the first Phase of Neymar in D team, is to Ease him into the Team Seamlessly...This is what is currently happening...The Second Phase is coming soon...
For the moment,am rating him 9/10....Remember,Messi Played Under Ronaldinho for almost 3yrs!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
philfearon: Neymar is doing Pretty Well,and going as planned....
We all remember that the Coach said that the first Phase of Neymar in D team, is to Ease him into the Team Seamlessly...This is what is currently happening...The Second Phase is coming soon...
For the moment,am rating him 9/10....Remember,Messi Played Under Ronaldinho for almost 3yrs!
q
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:32pm On Sep 19, 2013
philfearon: Neymar is doing Pretty Well,and going as planned....
yes that's quite right. Neymar hasn't scored a lot not because he looks for messi but because he hasn't been too clinicAl, he has had chances. But he's been d0pe on that left wing. One goal in about 3 games is ok. At this rate let's expect About 18-20 goals from him in all competitions. That would be a good return for a winger.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
ddippset: yes that's quite right. Neymar hasn't scored a lot not because he looks for messi but because he hasn't been too clinicAl, he has had chances. But he's been d0pe on that left wing. One goal in about 3 games is ok. At this rate let's expect About 18-20 goals from him in all competitions. That would be a good return for a winger.
You are right... and one thing he needs to do is come outta the wing sometimes. If you have noticed him well, you will discover that he sometimes restricts himself to the left wing even when there is need for him to come out and be near the goal area.

Well, all in all, he has been spectacular so far. Definitely with time the goals will surely come.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 3:25am On Sep 20, 2013
dmcdad:
You are right... and one thing he needs to do is come outta the wing sometimes. If you have noticed him well, you will discover that he sometimes restricts himself to the left wing even when there is need for him to come out and be near the goal area.

Well, all in all, he has been spectacular so far. Definitely with time the goals will surely come.
he looks far more dangerous than villa was on that left. I assure you he will return 20 goals this season in all competitions. I am sure about that.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 3:39am On Sep 20, 2013
^^^^ Agreed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 6:29am On Sep 20, 2013
dmcdad: ^^^^ Agreed
Agreeded!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ShehuAba(m): 6:38am On Sep 20, 2013
Neymar is indeed getting used to the team.
I personally like his style of play coupled with that innocent look on his face.
With time, he will get better.
Who noticed Pedro's moves and impact as soon as he came on.
He was my best sub for yesterday.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ajax fans chanting "Super Super Bayern Hey hey" vs Barcelona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXKvf6X2OjM
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Yahoo1(m): 5:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
dayokanu: Ajax fans chanting "Super Super Bayern Hey hey" vs Barcelona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXKvf6X2OjM
sounded more like; super Barca to me
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:19am On Sep 21, 2013
Due to The Weeks probable exertion,i hope Barca do a lot of Rotation....
This is my Own guess of what The Coach should try to do in his line-up against Rayo Vallecano:
Goalkeeper: Victor Valdez.
Defenders:Alves,Marc Bartra,Mascherano,Adriano.
Midfielders:Alex Song,Xavi Hernandes,Sergi Roberto/Jonathan Don Santos.
Attackers:Neymar,Messi,Pedro.
Substitutes:Gerard Pique,Pinto,Fabregas,Alexis Sanchez,Iniesta,Tello......
Whats your take on this fellow Cules?

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (6231) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Eddodoh(m), Sportsweb and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.