Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,340 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4612975 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2505) (2506) (2507) (2508) (2509) (2510) (2511) ... (6200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by iPopAlomo(m): 2:04pm On Aug 14, 2017
bykebyke:
I've been watching Barcelona since 1985 and I have never seen a worse midfielder to ever put on the jersey of the club.

#PaulinhoOut.

Baba... calm down...

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:06pm On Aug 14, 2017
Chelseafan1:
Omo, Neymar go just dey laugh like fool this night.

How old is Messi abeg. Make Liverpool no give this team Coutinho make dem suffer losses wella ds season grin grin grin
Neymar wey make you hate Barça don comot, and you still dey hate.cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by princesuko(m): 2:08pm On Aug 14, 2017
bykebyke:

Mumu.

Rakitic is what?..Sergi Roberto is what?

Did last season teach you nothing at all...Jesus Christ. lipsrsealed

The same idiot who was defending Luis Enrique last season is the same person trying to justify Paulinho's signing...Why can't you be normal for once?I pray for Allah to give me five minutes in the octagon with you...Cünt.

Like we saw yesterday, Rakitic has lost his legs, Sergi Roberto and Paulinho aren't in the same league and they aren't even identical Player.

You are quite deluded if you think a Midfield of Rakitic and Roberto will win us the League.

If I Remember Clearly you were one of those Glory Hunters(Self Acclaimed Saints) that were championing for Neymar to be Shipped out because he was a snake grin, you do have a disgusting reputation for illogical Reasoning.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 14, 2017
princesuko:

Like we saw yesterday, Rakitic has lost his legs, Sergi Roberto and Paulinho aren't in the same league and they aren't even identical Player.

You are quite deluded if you think a Midfield of Rakitic and Roberto will win us the League.
Oh sure...29year old Rakitic has lost his legs...Let us replace him with a 29year old Tottenham flop Paulinho...makes perfect sense.

A controlling midfielder would win us the league.

If I Remember Clearly you were one of those Glory Hunters(Self Acclaimed Saints) that were championing for Neymar to be Shipped out because he was a snake grin, you do have a disgusting reputation for illogical Reasoning.
The only reputation I have here is the reputation of being always right.

If anyone is reasoning illogically..It's you.

I advocated for Neymar's sale with the hopes of us getting a controlling midfielder.

Yesterday we saw a team without MSN and without a controlling midfielder.

The individual quality upfront is not there anymore to fix that hole,and Paulinho certainly isn't a fix.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2017
Ronaldo suspended for 5games.

English FA would have given him 15 FFS. angry angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Chelseafan1: 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2017
dmcdad:

Lamentation don start.cheesy

dmcdad:

Neymar wey make you hate Barça don comot, and you still dey hate.cheesy

Lol....i be fair weather friend, if una win, I go happy for una, if una lose, I go troll una grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2017
Pique's full name

Gerarad BERNABEU Pique

that explains why he scored for Madrid yesterday, Sir Santiago Bernabeu's spirit is still helping Madrid from the grave

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2017
bykebyke:
Before today's match...I thought we needed two signings.

Seri and Dembele.

After today's match...we need 5.

1.A new goalkeeper (Ter Stegen has the reflexes of my dead grandma)

2.Seri

3.Dembele

4.Coutinho

5.Two new midfielders to replace Rakitic and Roberto after we dig a grave for both of them and bury them alive.
Dude WTH! Today you don't want Coutinho, tomorrow you want him...undecided

Na wa oooo. You just dey change mind like weather.cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 14, 2017
dmcdad:

Dude WTH! Today you don't want Coutinho, tomorrow you want him...undecided

Na wa oooo. You just dey change mind like weather.cheesy
Is it my fault I'm a bipolar freak? grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
bykebyke:

most possible is 12, can you tell me a player suspended for 12 matches for referee offense in EPL?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:44pm On Aug 14, 2017
bykebyke:

Is it my fault I'm a bipolar freak? grin grin
You need prayers then...cheesycheesycheesy

Deulofeu says hi...wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:45pm On Aug 14, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Lol....i be fair weather friend, if una win, I go happy for una, if una lose, I go troll una grin grin
Ohh... The same way wey una take lose for home abi? Correct...cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:47pm On Aug 14, 2017
Theflash98:
After neymar departure...all defender know focus on messi...if neymar was there,he will attract 1 or 2 defender's but now messi is all their target
Sadly though... This is just one of many things he brings to the team that his haters don't appreciate or rather they turn a blind eye to. Only God will help Messi this season.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 14, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

most possible is 12, can you tell me a player suspended for 12 matches for referee offense in EPL?
How the fück would I know that you freak? undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2017
dmcdad:

You need prayers then...cheesycheesycheesy

Deulofeu says hi...wink
Redemption in Wednesday.

Calm down.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:57pm On Aug 14, 2017
bykebyke:
Redemption in Wednesday.
Calm down.
If you want make we put am, I go dash Barça 1 goal and Madrid still win.cheesy

That's how bad my team is now. God save us from the evil of Ls.cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2017
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2017
you all should chill and give the players a break, its true that some players were below par, but going agol in all cylinder against the team and the coach is uncalled for. "I saw some positives in the game yesterday, we were fast, our tiki taka football has been rebranded by the coach, the only thing we were lacking was two good scorers that can assist lionel messi, suarez and doleofeu were below par, the players tried their best, though there were cases when the mildfielders held the ball too long without passing(iniesta) but all in all, the scoreline do not really reflect how the game turned out. "The own goal destabilized us, even though we fought our war to equalise, we lacked that quality and good forwards, if not, we could had added more goals. "we need more signings but i have faith in the club and on the coach. "wednesday shall tell" all hope is not lost.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 3:00pm On Aug 14, 2017
dmcdad:

Sadly though... This is just one of many things he brings to the team that his haters don't appreciate or rather they turn a blind eye to. Only God will help Messi this season.
Chai... See as I respond with present tenses like say Neymar still dey our team.cheesy

I need to wake up! cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2017
So he gets the minimum sentence? If only he didn't 'pull off' to the delight of all his 'fans' Well that's ok, that's what he gets for trying to do everything Messi does.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2017
The fact that paulinho flopped in london do not mean he is a bad player, we should all support him and encourage him, we need maturity in our miedfield, paulinho plays well for brazil national team. "his experience made brazil kept calling for his service, SO you all should chill and give this team a break. "The year we lost our 1st match against hercules in camp nou, that yeah we won the treble. so guys once again, chill down and support this team. Its too early to start bad mouthing this team. "madrid received the hardest 1st half of their life yesterday, because barca was very fast and tactical, cant you see how they were all breathing very fast. it was because barca made them husstle for the ball. paulinho might just turn out to be another matic. nobody knows. so you all should chill.

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2017
dmcdad:

If you want make we put am, I go dash Barça 1 goal and Madrid still win.cheesy

That's how bad my team is now. God save us from the evil of Ls.cheesy
I'm not even expecting us to win the cup sef.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 3:15pm On Aug 14, 2017
Haha !!! undecided undecided undecided

1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 3:17pm On Aug 14, 2017

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by kinggogo: 3:19pm On Aug 14, 2017
ddippset:
We should forget about the paulinho issue and look forward to the next guys coming in. Vidal should never be benched for Semedo, there should be a back up for iniesta, and then coutinho must be made to happen.

Why is that please?

Is Semedo not good enough ?

P. S: It's really hard to get over the fact that Paulinho will become a Barca player. It's just downright shocking to say the least. We are really screwed.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by DarkRebel69: 3:40pm On Aug 14, 2017
What a night! What a game! Soccer at its quickest, at its finest, at its most dramatic! Although I wished Real had been garbed in their traditional white–the jerseys from either sides weren't markedly distinct from each other. It made it shed some of that sainted El Clasico aura, and gave it the sordid and stinking semblance of a "Chelsea vs QPR" match-up. Tawdry showmanship in terms of jerseys sported on that night. Pfft!

I really wasn't expecting Barça to win, and I'm quite sincere about this. I'd predicted a goalless draw or a one-nil victory for Real. In theory and in praxis, they have the better squad, the better bench, an El Clasico-experienced coach–who thus far has never lost a final in his illustrious spell at Real. On top of that, they didn't just lose hold of their "golden man"–as Barça did Neymar–few weeks before the curtains were scheduled to close on the transfer season. Frankly, if Madrid hadn't trumped Barça, it would have been a greater shame for them.

These here are just some of the few things that came to my attention while the game was under-way:

I.) Pique-Umtiti: This collab waxes stronger by the minute. I think if we over-look Pique's own-goal it's fair to say he played fairly well. As for Umtiti, the sangfroid with which he handles pressure in the 18-yard box, and the manner in which he kept Bale cooped-up is, I'm obliged to say, quite laudable for a player of his age. I was impressed by the performance of these two, even though there's still room for massive improvement. For instance, two of Madrid's goals came from counter-attacks and as a result of these two caught terribly out of position. Pique ought to trim down his over-lapping tendencies, especially against mercurial teams like Real, and more importantly knowing fully well that Busquet is atheletically ill-equipped to handle the pace of players like Isco, Bale, and Ronaldo should they launch a counter-attack. Real's third goal was mainly resultant of this "stubbornly recurring" flaw in Pique. In Pique's bid to "redeem" himself after scoring an own-goal he wandered forward irresponsibly, forgetting a 2-1 loss is still supremely advantageous than a 3-1 defeat. Valverde needs to work a geat deal in instilling positional discipline in Pique. With the way he "wanders" from his position, I wonder if he doesn't wander from his matrimonial bed to go play "away-games" with karashikas.

II.) Busquet: Had a great game in the first-half and for the greater part of the second-half, re-affirming why he's currently the world's best holding midfielder. Rarely lost possession. Contributed massively to the attack with piercing, drop-dead georgeous through balls. Was defensively up-and-doing as well but, as usual, lacked the adequate pace to stymie Real's rapid fusillade of counter-attacks. No major fault for Busquets for me.

III.) Leo Messi: If the game had ended 1-1, this man would have cinched the MOTM. He was, literally, the active engine in a dead vehicle, stirring the dry bones of the Barcelona unit to life and affording them a fighting chance.
Deloufeu's phlegmetic response to the typical Barcelona quick short-pass interchange at the edge of an opponent's box foiled whatever dose of playmaking brilliance Messi injected into the game. He (Leo) single-handedly masterminded Barca's first goal with a long-range shot that led to Suaréz getting fouled by Bravo. There's no need belaboring the point on this man—he, like all other creative geniuses the weary eyes of mankind has ever seen–from Leonardo da Vinci to Michelangelo to Tesla to Einstein–have all had to endure the insufficiencies of average talents. Such was Messi's bane on that night.

IV.) Alex Vidal: This man was completely out of his depths. Asides from looking like a scrawny Al-Shabaab member, he made no significant contribution whatsoever. Made no threatening crosses into Madrid's box. 80% of his passes were grossly horizontal and hardly forward-moving. He made no daunting run into Real's box (Good grief! How I miss my "sambalicious" Dani Alves). He gave out possession cheaply in Barca's half of the field, relying on Pique to cover his incompetent äss on more than one occassion. He showed no individualism, which is quite atypical of right and left-backs. And, the icing on the rotten cake: he was a defensive deadweight. If you notice, all Real's goals came from the "right-back" wing. Make we no dey kid ourselves abeg. As far I'm concerned, we no get right-back; wetin we get na "shite-back".

V.) Deloufeu: Like his brother-in-arms Vidal, he was completely ornamental, otiose! I watched some of his games at Everton and I really was expecting more from him seeing as he delivered in the EPL. Almost 90% of his passes were "horizontal". He gave out almost 95% of possession away whenever we had an attacking opportunity. 100% of his crosses were "DOA" (Died On Agege). His passes were "inaccurate" most of the time, except when he passed the ball back or horizontally. He had zero shot on target – unless we count the time he took a half-shot at goal, half-pass to Messi and bungled that clear-cut goal-scoring window – a chance any striker with half the brain of a newt would have cooly slotted into the back of the net.

It was almost as if Deloufeu was afraid of the ball getting passed to him, for a paucity of creative ideas of what to do with it, I suspect. Valverde shouldn't have started this man, or at least should have had him substituted at the blast of whistle signalling the beginning of second-half. Paco Alcacer would have done a better job in that position, or even quick-thinking Sergi Roberto.

VI.) Jordi Alba, Iniesta, Rakitic, Suaréz: These four horsemen all gave average performances, although Suaréz performed just a little above average. I particularly fancied how he won a penalty largely by way of sheer trickery (for he surely was fouled, albeit very mildly).

P.S.: Morality and "fair play" are luxuries accomodated by idealistic fools. I've always espoused Machievellism and "doing whatever it takes to win", and I welter in the fact that I have a player in the person of Suaréz who has no scruple whatsover in doing just that. Thumbs up, Suaréz! I wouldn't mind if you use your hands to score a goal next time à la Maradonna at the WC against England ---- just don't get caught!

Another thing, what is Alba's problem these days, running faster than the ball and confuzzling himself in the process? I think his over-trust in his speed has gotten into his head. Please, Mr. Alba, less speed (except when necessary), less grit (except when necessary), and more technique. Fücking a woman with practiced technique is and always will be infinitely better than plowing the hole with tactless, uninformed brute.

VII.) Ter Stegen: I forgave you for the first goal, forgave you for the second goal. But the third goal?! Dude, whatever brand of coke you've been sniffing that has relaxed your once-upon-a-time quick reflexes, I suggest you go Cold Turkey awhile, 'cause it's seriously frying whatever's left of your tattered brain.

Ter Stegen should also reduce the distance he maintains between himself and the goal-post. From day one, he's always come across as an overweening bastard, a "likeable" bastard though. I think his major problem lies with him being "cocky".
If he had been just two feets closer to his goal-post he would have easily parried off Ronaldo and Ascensio's shot at goal, as easily as when Navas tipped Suaréz's nodder over the cross-bar.

Other trivia:

•Ronaldo's goal was simply TERRIFIC!!! And I doff my "Goodluck Jonathan wide-brimmed hat" for that cracker-jacker of a shot. But he fully merited the second yellow card for diving in such a way that you'd almost think he got a crash-course from Michael Phelps. Of course, I have no qualms with diving, so long as you don't get caught. A quick reality check to befuddled Real Madrid fans crying foul: Your boy dived horribly and was caught. There's no cheating involved. And if you all suffer from retrograde amnesia, then I'd be more than delighted to refer you to outstanding occassions in the past when players have been sent off for diving against Real Madrid. It appears people cry blue murder only when a circumstance that used to favour them ceases from doing so.

I reasoned with a friend of mine that if Ronaldo hadn't pulled off his shirt to celebrate his first goal (knowing fully well that the game still had some 28 minutes playing-time left), then he would have received his first yellow-card for diving, rather than a second yellow-card. I know predicting the happenings of the future is not 100% possible but, still, riding on the twin coattails of prudence and discretion remain the safest bulwark against futuristic failings.

Ronaldo was imprudent and volatile and that is why he will miss the next El Clasico, not because the referee was "unfair", certainly not because of some "inexisting ojoro". I also hope Ronaldo gets punished for "violently shoving the referee" after he was shown the red-card. Someone is clearly an uncivilized and over-muscled "thug" seething with anger management issues.

• I always knew Alsensio was going to be a problem just from watching Real's pre-season games. That boy is an astounding wonder.

• I told Real fans back then (not the dim-witted ones on Nairaland) that Isco is one playmaking beast, just like David Silva and Santi Carzorla, and that he would prove himself if given ample playing-time. Now that Zidane has given him just that and enough carte blanche as well to function as a "false 10", I think we can all now see that chap for what he really is: a midfielding delight.

I really don't know how Barça can hope to win 3-0 in the Bernabeu. Perhaps if the players all learn from their mistakes in the first-leg, perhaps if the midfield asserts more dominance and work their collective butts off to curtail operating space for manic opportunists like Marcelo, Carvajal, Isco, and Ascensio, then just perhaps Barça might have a sporting chance, although two-third of my soul is in doubt of that. Also, Delofeu must not be fielded, instead Paco Alcacer or Sergi Roberto should play in the left-wing. With Ronaldo scheduled to be MIA, let's see what would happen, perhaps the freckle-dotted face of evil fortune might decide to grin, blush, and smile on Real Madrid on that day.

Mes que un club.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by princesuko(m): 3:42pm On Aug 14, 2017
bykebyke:

Oh sure...29year old Rakitic has lost his legs...Let us replace him with a 29year old Tottenham flop Paulinho...makes perfect sense.

A controlling midfielder would win us the league.

The only reputation I have here is the reputation of being always right.

If anyone is reasoning illogically..It's you.

I advocated for Neymar's sale with the hopes of us getting a controlling midfielder.

Yesterday we saw a team without MSN and without a controlling midfielder.

The individual quality upfront is not there anymore to fix that hole,and Paulinho certainly isn't a fix.

Matic, Vidal, and Messi are around the same age as Paulinho, they haven't declined rapidly like Rakitic is currently doing, so your first point is gibberish at best since players don't decline physically at the same Age. Last time I checked Paulinho has been very Good for the Brazil NT.

Selling Neymar and Getting a Controlling Midfielder of Barca's quality? Tell me which Controlling Midfielder Suits that Narrative and is Currently on the Market.

Stop jumping to Conclusions, No one is trying to Justify Paulinho's signing, Hell even the Board can't unveil him until they complete the signing of Coutinho and Dembele. The only Consolation is he is better than what we have presently.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2017
kinggogo:

Why is that please?

Is Semedo not good enough ?

P. S: It's really hard to get over the fact that Paulinho will become a Barca player. It's just downright shocking to say the least. We are really screwed.
lol. Sorry. I mean Vidal should always be benched for Semedo.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by bville(m): 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2017
bykebyke:

RFEF and their ojoro
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by DarkRebel69: 4:35pm On Aug 14, 2017
I can think of a million and one things worse than signing Paulinho.

Abeg, Bykebyke, half-buredi is better than none.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 14, 2017
DarkRebel69:
I can think of a million and one things worse than signing Paulinho.

Abeg, Bykebyke, half-buredi is better than none.
As in eh.

I don even tire to argue.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 14, 2017
We are here pairing Rakitic with Indian Rakitic and niggas saying he is better than what we have.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2505) (2506) (2507) (2508) (2509) (2510) (2511) ... (6200) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Kilishihunter, OkpaNsukkaisBae(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.