Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,396 members, 7,861,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:35 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4669441 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (6231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 12:10am On Jan 09, 2014
Welcome back the god of soccer, king Leo grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:16am On Jan 09, 2014
Chai!!! The gods are not to blame.... Its not their fault, Messi is just not human!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:17am On Jan 09, 2014
Did someone say City are gonna sweep us out? The person should swallow back its words else!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 12:55am On Jan 09, 2014
Luis Garcia (coach Getafe): "Messi? No need to say anything. Messi is Messi, and that's that."
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sapien(m): 2:51am On Jan 09, 2014
Who saw Song's pass to Messi for the 4th goal? #Epic!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by rozayx5(m): 6:21am On Jan 09, 2014
messi just rid me of sleep, this guy is too much, did not watch live but the youtube videos was enough grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Chanchit: 6:36am On Jan 09, 2014
philfearon: And The Magician himself scores in his Return.... .
Messi14 is gonna be... ....
Hollaaa!!

Hark the herald, boys are singing, glory glory
the king is back.!
Some people heart don dey speed pass Felipe Massa sport car.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 10:06am On Jan 09, 2014
Atletico madrid, BE AFRAID, THE FOOTBALL LORD'S BACK!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Danhumprey: 2:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
The UEFA Champion League's round of 16 matches between Man.City and Barcelona,is going to be a match between Sergio Aguero(Man.City) vs Lionel Messi(Barcelona). Both of them are compatriots(Argentina). I hope you guys are prepared for Man.City? Because I heard Yaya Toure said that Barcelona are afraid of Man.City.gringringrin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
Danhumprey: The UEFA Champion League's round of 16 matches between Man.City and Barcelona,is going to be a match between Sergio Aguero(Man.City) vs Lionel Messi(Barcelona). Both of them are compatriots(Argentina). I hope you guys are prepared for Man.City? Because I heard Yaya Toure said that Barcelona are afraid of Man.City.gringringrin

That's his opinion, and with Messi back, looking sharp/deadly in front of goal, dem no born Man City well.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
Chanchit:

Hark the herald, boys are singing, glory glory
the king is back.!
Some people heart don dey speed pass Felipe Massa sport car.
lol......
Funny man..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:59pm On Jan 09, 2014
I think this article is worth perusing....

Messi’s Magic Only Compares to Michael Jordan’s Greatness

www.barcablaugranes.com/2014/1/9/5291710/lionel-messi-compares-michael-jordan-greatness-xoel-cardenas
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 7:24am On Jan 10, 2014
Danhumprey: The UEFA Champion League's round of 16 matches between Man.City and Barcelona,is going to be a match between Sergio Aguero(Man.City) vs Lionel Messi(Barcelona). Both of them are compatriots(Argentina). I hope you guys are prepared for Man.City? Because I heard Yaya Toure said that Barcelona are afraid of Man.City.gringringrin

they think Man City is Getafe.

no mind them. Them go soon no difference between Deep blue and Sky blue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 10, 2014
usbcable:

they think Man City is Getafe.

no mind them. Them go soon no difference between Deep blue and Sky blue
hehe
It'll be difficult tie but with Messi fit & raring to go, there's really no difference between Deep blue & Sky blue.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:09am On Jan 10, 2014
Between Aguero and Messi?
Is this a joke or u just wanted to talk?
All I see is a team in blue colors parking their bus and waiting to counterattack and nothing more...Them never reach to play us ball...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:07am On Jan 10, 2014
TOP SECRET: Tito, the ‘father’ of the false 9

Rexach suggested it and Vilanova
convinced Pep to put it into practice in
the Madrid-Barça match that scored 2-6
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
Messi!! Bring forth athleti into the slaughter ground. The team is ready!!.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 10, 2014
eyoniggar: Messi!! Bring forth athleti into the slaughter ground. The team is ready!!.

They're his favourite opponent. He has scored 20 times against them. 17 in la liga, 3 in the copa del rey. He has scored 12 at the Camp Nou, and 8 at the Vincente Calderon.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/atletico-madrid-leo-messi-s-favourite-victim
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 10, 2014
dmcdad: TOP SECRET: Tito, the ‘father’ of the false 9

Rexach suggested it and Vilanova
convinced Pep to put it into practice in
the Madrid-Barça match that scored 2-6

2-6!

I can never forget that match in my life! grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 5:13pm On Jan 10, 2014
Austeenx:

They're his favourite opponent. He has scored 20 times against them. 17 in la liga, 3 in the copa del rey. He has scored 12 at the Camp Nou, and 8 at the Vincente Calderon.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/atletico-madrid-leo-messi-s-favourite-victim
My brother,it seems Messi doesn't like teams from the capital....
On top that list is Getafe,with about 27goAls....
Madrid =18..........and the list continues..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 7:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
The real classico is taking place tomorrow! cool
I predict 3-1
My lineup
---------------------Valdez---------------
Alves--------Pique-----------Batra-----Alba
------Xavi------------Busquet--------- Iniesta
------Sanchez --------Messi-----------Neymar

subs - Xavi/fabregas
Alexis/Messi/pedro
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:03pm On Jan 10, 2014
homesteady: The real classico is taking place tomorrow! cool
I predict 3-1
My lineup

subs - Xavi/fabregas
Alexis/Messi/pedro
sadly messi starts from the bench. Confirmed!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Danhumprey: 8:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
Trouble for Barcelona's president! Neymar's contract could be fake!

http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4534953
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2014
Can someone help us furnish this thread so it can be fit/juicy enough for front page by tomorrow at least?

https://www.nairaland.com/1587929/la-liga-athletico-madrid-vs#1587929.3
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 11:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
Barcelona score every 32 minutes - with or without Messi

By Ben Hayward | Spanish Football Writer

Gerardo Martino always answers with the same sentence. When asked if his Barcelona side are missing Lionel Messi, he replies: "Of course we do - any team would miss the best player in the world." And it's a valid argument. However, statistics show Barca have scored at a similar rate all season - with or without their finest footballer.

Messi made a triumphant return to first-team action on Wednesday as he hit two goals in a cameo appearance after coming on as a second-half subsititute in the 4-0 win at home to Getafe in the Copa del Rey.

That took his tally to 16 in 17 games (of Barca's 29 this term) although, in total, the 26-year-old has featured for fewer than half his side's minutes in 2013-14.

BARCA WITH & WITHOUT MESSI

BARCELONA WITH MESSI
TOTAL MESSI MINUTES
TOTAL GOALS
GOALS PER MINUTE
TOTAL GAMES PLAYED
GAMES WON
GAMES LOST
BARCELONA WITHOUT MESSI
TOTAL MINUTES WITHOUT MESSI
TOTAL GOALS
GOALS PER MINUTE
TOTAL GAMES PLAYED
GAMES WON
GAMES LOST 1414
2 Leo has been on the pitch for a total of 1,196 minutes, during which time Barca have netted 37 times in all, with Messi responsible for 16 of those. And overall, those 37 strikes have come, on average, at one every 32.32 minutes.

By contrast, with Messi missing (1,414 minutes in total), Martino's men have netted 44 times at a rate of one every 32.14 minutes - an almost identical average to when the Argentine is playing. In fact, it's even slightly better.

However, the 26-year-old was absent for the two Copa del Rey clashes against lower-league Cartagena (which yielded seven goals), as well as the 6-1 Champions League romp at home to Celtic, while he did feature in arguably the toughest fixtures of the season for the Catalan club: the Spanish Supercopa series against Atletico and the Clasico at home to Real Madrid.

In addition, Barca's only two defeats so far this term both came in November, when Messi was sidelined through injury, with the Argentine absent in the 2-1 loss at Ajax and the 1-0 reverse at Athletic Bilbao several days later.

Next up for the Catalans is a trip to Atletico in a top-of-the-table clash in La Liga on Saturday and, even though the four-time Ballon d'Or winner limped off the last time he featured at the Vicente Calderon and statistics show Barca are actually no better off with him in the team, his return to full fitness is a significant boost ahead of what is probably their toughest test so far this season.

With or without Messi, Barca score every 32 minutes but, given the choice, they'd always rather he was in the team. As Martino says, any side would miss the best in the world, and in games like Saturday's, it is when the finest footballers are needed most - whatever the stats say.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4082/editorial/2014/01/10/4533475/barcelona-score-every-32-minutes-with-or-without-messi?ICID=HP_FT_3
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 11:46pm On Jan 10, 2014
“He scored a goal in his style ... a style that allows him to go from 0 to 100 km/h in one second, from right to left and with supersonic speed which allows him to evade his rivals and teammates so that he can finish off the play with a shot full of class and fury worthy of a goal of the look of an assassin.” Olé
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:50pm On Jan 10, 2014
homesteady: The real classico is taking place tomorrow! cool
I predict 3-1
My lineup

subs - Xavi/fabregas
Alexis/Messi/pedro
Messi starting from the bench...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:51pm On Jan 10, 2014
ddippset: sadly messi starts from the bench. Confirmed!
Yeah! Sadly? Nope I won't say that...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 11:51pm On Jan 10, 2014
honeric01: Can someone help us furnish this thread so it can be fit/juicy enough for front page by tomorrow at least?

https://www.nairaland.com/1587929/la-liga-athletico-madrid-vs#1587929.3
Re-check the thread bro...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 12:28am On Jan 11, 2014
ehen I've always wanted to ask why la liga matches dont get to frontpage
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by nitlad: 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2014
Just a reminder, incase y'all Cule wänkers got bombed back in time with Nairaland - Barça went on to have an utterly disastrous season. tongue grin cheesy grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2014
nitlad: Just a reminder, incase y'all Cule wänkers got bombed back in time with Nairaland - Barça went on to have an utterly disastrous season. tongue grin cheesy grin
nitwit, get a dayum job.

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (6231) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.