Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,357 members, 7,860,942 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:30 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4668919 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (6231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2014
AjanleKoko: But seriously now. It seems like Messi is kinda done. He just takes strolls all the time now. embarassed
I mean, the genius is there, but the explosion is not. Not by a long shot.
You are right bruv... Now it seems confirmed that that explosion like you stated is no longer there. What keeps him going now is the genius in him. I thought it was a case of him looking forward to the World Cup. I could remember vividly I did complain about this at different times during last season, but the thought at such times were "he was saving himself for the World Cup". Well, I think it's glaring now that he wasn't saving himself then, but was just less explosive than normal. In such regards, the best thing or role he will play for us now is an AM role. Or any other suitable roles as long as it's not the false 9 role.

Maybe the guy who said Messi is no longer passionate about football/playing is partially right. Who knows...?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:23pm On Jul 14, 2014
claireshan: grin grin grin
wink
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:29pm On Jul 14, 2014
coded01: Messi: Argentina strikers missed chances

The 27-year-old was frustrated by his side's inability to finish chances, while also pointing to the fact it had a day less to recover for the final.

Lionel Messi blamed Argentina's 1-0 World Cup final defeat to Germany on the team's forwards for being wasteful in front of goal.

The 27-year-old was a peripheral figure on the night and fired wide a golden opportunity to give his side the lead in the second half after Gonzalo Higuain had done the same in the opening period, while Rodrigo Palacio also scuppered a great chance.

Argentina was then punished for its failure to convert those chances when Mario Gotze scored a brilliant winner in extra time to take the World Cup back to Germany.

And Messi believes his side deserved better, insisting they should have taken their chances.

"We haven't been in the semifinals for many years and the fact that we played the final and the way we played it it's something to be proud of," Messi said after the game. "But we deserved more and that's why we are sad. The strikers missed the chances we had. It's a bad feeling for all of us because we couldn't win the cup and take it to our people."

Argentina made it to the final after beating the Netherlands on penalties in their semifinal on Wednesday, a day after Germany thrashed Brazil 7-1 in their last-four clash.

And Messi felt the ease at which Joachim Low's side cruised to victory last week, along with the additional 24 hours of rest ahead of the final, was key as the final went into extra time.

"I was OK physically as were the rest of us," he added. "The fact that we played a day after them and that we played extra time against a team that was able to rest in the last minutes of their semifinals affected our finish of the game. A difference of one day is big at this stage."

Messi could take one small crumb of comfort from his evening after being awarded the Golden Ball as the best player of the tournament, though he said the prize "meant very little" on a disappointing night.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/67/world-cup-2014/2014/07/13/4957722/messi-argentina-strikers-missed-chances?ICID=HP_TS_4
As much as I cherish and adore Messi, I no gree for that him excuse ooooo. Netherland played Brazil having the same 1-day rest. And what happened? Was the 24 hours difference the reason they failed to convert their chances? Not at all!

They tried, and the World recognises that, but I no wan hear that excuse at all.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 2:57pm On Jul 14, 2014
dmcdad:
As much as I cherish and adore Messi, I no gree for that him excuse ooooo. Netherland played Brazil having the same 1-day rest. And what happened? Was the 24 hours difference the reason they failed to convert their chances? Not at all!

They tried, and the World recognises that, but I no wan hear that excuse at all.

I don't expect you to agree with him as far as you aren't playing football... angry

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2014
Messi should be one of those who missed chances as well. He had a glorious chance in the 46 min and missed too

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
So when we say Messi did not deserve the Golden Ball this automatically means we hate Messi. Loool at the logic of these unapologetic ret@rds
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2014
A40: So when we say Messi did not deserve the Golden Ball this automatically means we hate Messi. Loool at the logic of these unapologetic ret@rds
Whats your point exactly?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tobiboss(m): 5:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
AjanleKoko: But seriously now. It seems like Messi is kinda done. He just takes strolls all the time now. embarassed
I mean, the genius is there, but the explosion is not. Not by a long shot.
i used to complain about that too, but after watching the final i understood why, he doesn't have the heart for it(literally)
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 5:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
tobiboss: i used to complain about that too, but after watching the final i understood why, he doesn't have the heart for it(literally)

I fear it may be a physical problem.
Recall he had a very tight regimen under Pep. Now he's hosting Argentinian barbecues, and drinking cokes at will.
His body may not just be able to fuel the kind of explosion we saw between 2009 and 2012, frankly speaking.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2014
AjanleKoko:

Recall he had a very tight regimen under Pep. Now he's hosting Argentinian barbecues, and drinking cokes at will.
His body may not just be able to fuel the kind of explosion we saw between 2009 and 2012, frankly speaking.

He's not a robot na, he should at least be allowed to function like a human being. Pep used him dry, the wear and tear is now manifesting gradually.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tobiboss(m): 5:40pm On Jul 14, 2014
AjanleKoko:

he gets tired fast now, he should stop tracking back and just try to stay onside
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by yourangel: 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2014
I have this thought, that Guardiola is partly responsible for the recent victories achieved by both German and Spanish National teams.

Spain dominated world football with Barcelona's players, when Guardiola was the coach. Now, Germany is beginning to dominate world football by playing same possession-based football, using Bayern Munich's players, with Guardiola as coach.

Meanwhile, my tears have refused to dry-up since last night. I cried like a little baby, because of my Leo Messi. He was so close to achieving that, which his heart has always yearned for. I don't know what happened along the way? Higuain and Sabella failed him when he needed them the most. I pray this doesn't kill his love for the beautiful game! cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 5:58pm On Jul 14, 2014
dmcdad:
You are right bruv... Now it seems confirmed that that explosion like you stated is no longer there. What keeps him going now is the genius in him. I thought it was a case of him looking forward to the World Cup. I could remember vividly I did complain about this at different times during last season, but the thought at such times were "he was saving himself for the World Cup". Well, I think it's glaring now that he wasn't saving himself then, but was just less explosive than normal. In such regards, the best thing or role he will play for us now is an AM role. Or any other suitable roles as long as it's not the false 9 role.

Maybe the guy who said Messi is no longer passionate about football/playing is partially right. Who knows...?
exactly I also think the passion has greatly reduced, afterall he has won almost everything
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 6:04pm On Jul 14, 2014
Food for thought: Would Germany have won the WC without Muller? Possibility is of the lowest rank, afterall they lost Marco Reus early on. Would Argentina have played at the finals? The answer is a resounding probable NO!

Four man of the match awards, a record highest ever at the WC. NINE dribbling occasions in a single match, smashhing Maradonna's record of seven in 1986. Created the highest goal scoring chances the entire tournament... and many more personal records.

Big question many Penaldo fans fail to point out is how or not he deserves the current WPOTY he won. The entire calendar year, he played second fiddle to Messi in every area but enjoyed 2 phenomenal months on the tail of Messi's injuries, guiding his country through the play offs and everyone thought he deserved it, failing to acknowledge that Messi had qualified his country for the tournament two months prior.

And finally, those holding Messi to impossible standards just missing out on enjoying a talent they'll likely not experience again. Their loss entirely.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 6:08pm On Jul 14, 2014
Mcleo007: Food for thought: Would Germany have won the WC without Muller? Possibility is of the lowest rank, afterall they lost Marco Reus early on. Would Argentina have played at the finals? The answer is a resounding probable NO!

Four man of the match awards, a record highest ever at the WC. NINE dribbling occasions in a single match, smashhing Maradonna's record of seven in 1986. Created the highest goal scoring chances the entire tournament... and many more personal records.

Big question many Penaldo fans fail to point out is how or not he deserves the current WPOTY he won. The entire calendar year, he played second fiddle to Messi in every area but enjoyed 2 phenomenal months on the tail of Messi's injuries, guiding his country through the play offs and everyone thought he deserved it, failing to acknowledge that Messi had qualified his country for the tournament two months prior.

The question should be why did FIFA re-open the voting system prior to World cup playoffs? angry --- Something already closed! angry

FIFA is as corrupt as every politician out there... angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 6:10pm On Jul 14, 2014
coded01:

The question should be why did FIFA re-open the voting system prior to World cup playoffs? angry --- Something already closed! angry

FIFA is as corrupt as every politician out there... angry

To the trolls, the extension is immaterial
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2014
Mcleo007:

To the trolls, the extension is immaterial

To you it is! tongue

But why re-open it? angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2014
coded01:

To you it is! tongue

But why re-open it? angry

For keepsakes!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 14, 2014
Maybe they should convert Messi into an attacking midfielder. But I don't know if he's gonna be cool with that, though.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
coded01:

I don't expect you to agree with him as far as you aren't playing football... angry

Does that mean all Maradona has been saying are correct because he played football? C'mon! If because playing football makes them correct all the time, then why do they need a coach especially since many/some of them never played football themselves.

It's okay if you wanna disagree with what I stated, but please don't say it's because I don't play football. Playing gives experience without an iota of doubt, but being a player doesn't mean everything you say at every point in time as regards football are correct. We know how players can be on the defensive whenever things don't go their way, so I guess it's no news that he gave such an excuse.

If the chances they squandered were converted, would he have been out to say this?

CS is all that is needed to decipher it.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by A40(m): 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2014
Mcleo007: Food for thought: Would Germany have won the WC without Muller? Possibility is of the lowest rank, afterall they lost Marco Reus early on. Would Argentina have played at the finals? The answer is a resounding probable NO!

Man of the Match against Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria? Make una apply perspective abeg

Argentina would probably not have made the Finals if it were down to their attack which Messi is a big part of. FACT

Shebi its now that creativity and not goals scored matter to yall ba
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:27pm On Jul 14, 2014
A40:
Man of the Match against Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria? Make una apply perspective abeg

Argentina would probably not have made the Finals if it were down to their attack which Messi is a big part of. FACT

Shebi its now that creativity and not goals scored matter to yall ba
and switzerland! without messi, argentina would have gotten 1 point from bosnia. without messi argentina would have gotten 1 point from iran. (why? in both games he won them with the last kick of the ball). against nigeria, i cant tell. meaning they just might have faced france instead of switzerland and you know what the means, a probable second round exit. against switzerland, without messi they were destined to have a shootout but mascherano or lavezzi or any other argentina could never have made that run to set up angel. against belgium, he danced around 3 midfielders to draw space and set up angel again. against holland he beat kyut and vlar on the right side to set up maxi who had an easier job than gotze had last night but he blew it. if maxi had scored from that assist, messi would have been man of the match definitely! nowadays people like to talk mascherano; against iran nobody mentioned mascherano, against bosnia nobody, against nigeria nobody, against switzerland nobody, against belgium nobody, and then against holland for the first 80 mins nobody. with the match almost ending masch made a tackle to deny robben and all of a sudden mascherano became argentina's best player. some even go to the extent of saying masch was argentina's best player by a wide margin; for real? seriously people are taking for granted how much a feat it is to play in a world cup final, win or lose simply because messi is involved. messi and argentina must be celebrated. messi almost single handedly dragged his country to a world cup final, 7 mins more the story could have been very different. surely messi will no longer be regarded as a national team flop. like i said b4 only thomas muller deserved the golden ball ahead of messi. nobody else. however you do it, sweet or ugly, to make it to a world cup final you must be celebrated and honoured. ive never seen a team play in a world cup final and still be maligned. i have never seen a player captain a team to a world cup final as their captain and best player and still be criticised. messi has set the bar too high, that's the albatross around his neck.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 9:09pm On Jul 14, 2014

And finally, those holding Messi to impossible standards just missing out on enjoying a talent they'll likely not experience again. Their loss entirely.
Truth is,By his extraordinary performances over the years,Messi has unknowingly put himself at such a level that anything below that level,all hell will break loose for his haters..He just happened to be a Victim of his own Greatness..
He lost the last Balon d'or cuz people believe he has won it too much.....Such is his lot!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
Am watching a replay of the game now....and ...how dare you people say messi did not play anything...angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 14, 2014
Argentina Football team with Argentina President Cristina Fernandez.

Finally..Messi Smilesgrin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
Worst world cup 2014 IX.. Yes Or No?

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 11:41pm On Jul 14, 2014
^^^^^^^^
LMAO. Full of Brazilians and Spaniards.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dhelake: 11:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
How can someone here compare Muller's impact to Marco Reus?? That's some damn funny logic, Muller has 10 World Cup goals, he had 5 in 2010 without starting most games and racked up assists and you want to compare him to Reus?? Reus first International Tourney was 2012 Euros and he was only a bit part player, that comparison holds no water Abeg
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Dhelake: 11:54pm On Jul 14, 2014
Messi blaming others for the loss, They all had one chance each, he should have converted his nah, he had more of the ball compared to them so no excuse
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 12:56am On Jul 15, 2014
Dhelake: Messi blaming others for the loss, They all had one chance each, he should have converted his nah, he had more of the ball compared to them so no excuse
why are you so vulnerable to articles without reading between the lines? he said we, he blamed himself as well. besides that his own was a 50/50 chance. it's the kind of chance you're running towards goal with defenders bearing down on you, and it's either you score or you miss. besides every striker has to miss some and score some, you cant score all. for higuain it was different. a kroos back pass fell nicely for him 12 yards out; he didnt have to run, he didnt have to panic. he misses; higuain misses 8 out of 10 chances. for palacio, he is crap; same chance fell to him against holland, he nodded to the keeper. same against germany, he didnt have to run,he didnt have to rush, yet he blew it. higuain and palacio owe the argentine people an apology.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 12:58am On Jul 15, 2014
bykebyke: Am watching a replay of the game now....and ...how dare you people say messi did not play anything...angry
in order to play well messi must score a hattrick and dribble 5 defenders. anything less, he is a flop.

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (6231) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.