Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,592 members, 7,861,816 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:11 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3057) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4670894 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3054) (3055) (3056) (3057) (3058) (3059) (3060) ... (6233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 4:37pm On Apr 05, 2018
LosVikingos:
And here is Tapnaldo wink

Ffs
how do all that disprove he is tapnaldo?

that's why everything you have typed is about goals, nothing else.

all I see is score score score

90 percent of which are tap ins.

he is tapnaldo.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LosVikingos: 4:42pm On Apr 05, 2018
tesppidd:
how do all that disprove he is tapnaldo?

that's why everything you have typed is about goals, nothing else.

all I see is score score score

90 percent of which are tap ins.

he is tapnaldo.

Tapnaldo = UCL Legend. cheesy ffs

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 05, 2018
Valverde sucks at man management/rotations.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 05, 2018
How the fück are all our players tired??

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 4:51pm On Apr 05, 2018
SerVik:

The problem is that most fans are used to one way of playing football, the barca way of playing. They want us to control the game every single time. They don't want the ball crossing into our half, they want us to win every game 6-0 with at least 70% ball possession. They don't want us losing the ball and if we do, we must win it back in 6 seconds. Anything less that this is failure and should warrant a sack to the head coach.

This is the delusion that most barca fans have continued to wallow in. They do not know that to play that kind of total football, you need huge midfield presence, a luxury we have not had since xavi left. Matter of fact, our problems in midfield shifted focus to the deadly MSN trio, a lightning quick attacking combination that can carry out the quickest of counters even without midfield presence.

Many years after xavi left, we are yet to replace him and therein lies the real problem. We need a midfield controller. Iniesta is yet to retire but we already have 3replacements(Coutinho, denis Suarez and gomes), who do we have for xavi? We are overstocking the LM without any real talent at RM.

The fans should know that the midfield is the link between the defense and attack. Without midfield, the attack suffers, the defense suffers. Compromises have to be made to cushion the midfield problem, that is what EV is doing. Without any real controlling midfielder, I won't blame EV for being pragmatic and realistic.
Pep used Xavi and Iniesta when they had the legs for it..The 5seconds rule worked because those guys were fully fit and were very technical..As xavi, iniesta and Busquets got older it was clear we couldn't keep up with the total pressing game..As technical and fantastic as Xavi was, what people don't get was Xavi covered lots of distance in that midfield, like a whole lot

That suggests very few players can be Xavi really, very very few, defacto there was always going to be a paradigm shift as that pepito's team was one of a kind..Xavi knew Iniesta from la masia, they knew busquets from lamas, if xavi closes his eyes he knows where busquets was, he knows the weight and projectile of pass Iniesta won't have problems controlling..Iniesta knew if he gave Xavi the ball with 3 defenders marking him Xavi would still retain possession, have you noticed the kind of inside pass bisque gives messi or iniesta, he doesn't give Phil or Luis suarez the same kind of pass?, why?, he doesn't trust them and its absolutely normal..so those Pepito's 4 years can't happen again,We can never play like that again even if we buy the closest player to Xavi today, We just can't play that way again..

Whereas i take your point that we didn't adequately replace Xavi nor Alves, Yet I'm of the opinion Xavi alone isn't the only reason we stopped playing the best football we got used to.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 4:55pm On Apr 05, 2018
VivaLaByke:
How the fück are all our players tired??
He really does though, The disaster lurking would be if he has his mind fixated on trying to preserve the unbeaten run in the league and then continues to start the first team players. Unbeaten run can be a burden at times..The fixture list doesn't get easier too, after roma next week we have valencia and celta vigo all in 4 days, and then Kings cup final by 21st.

All our good work this season can go off in flames in the next 3 weeks really.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2018
LosVikingos:

Tapnaldo = UCL Legend. cheesy ffs
your ronaldo can be anything you want him to be,

but as long as messi exists, i feel great.

tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by SerVik(m): 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2018
jonsnow92:
Pep used Xavi and Iniesta when they had the legs for it..The 5seconds rule worked because those guys were fully fit and were very technical..As xavi, iniesta and Busquets got older it was clear we couldn't keep up with the total pressing game..As technical and fantastic as Xavi was, what people don't get was Xavi covered lots of distance in that midfield, like a whole lot

That suggests very few players can be Xavi really, very very few, defacto there was always going to be a paradigm shift as that pepito's team was one of a kind..Xavi knew Iniesta from la masia, they knew busquets from lamas, if xavi closes his eyes he knows where busquets was, he knows the weight and projectile of pass Iniesta won't have problems controlling..Iniesta knew if he gave Xavi the ball with 3 defenders marking him Xavi would still retain possession, have you noticed the kind of inside pass bisque gives messi or iniesta, he doesn't give Phil or Luis suarez the same kind of pass?, why?, he doesn't trust them and its absolutely normal..so those Pepito's 4 years can't happen again,We can never play like that again even if we buy the closest player to Xavi today, We just can't play that way again..

Whereas i take your point that we didn't adequately replace Xavi nor Alves, Yet I'm of the opinion Xavi alone isn't the only reason we stopped playing the best football we got used to.
If we are looking for a like for like xavi replacement, we might never get. Geniuses like xavi do not have replacements, they do not have substitutes, they only have alternatives. Players that will hold their own in their stead, not necessarily with same attributes but players that can bring balance in their own unique ways.

Footballers are professionals and an attribute of a real professional is the ability to adapt. The la masia is no longer producing the top quality talents we are used to, that is why we are looking elsewhere and rightly so.
Take Coutinho for instance, he might never get to be peak Iniesta but in his own rights he brings a different dimension that still suits seamlessly with our style of play. That is why our scouting crew do not just reel out names of players to sign. We find players that can suit our style of play and we go all out to sign them. That is the reason we fought so hard for veratti.
Silva and Kdb did not play with each other since they were 10 but they still understand each other perfectly well because they are professionals.

A midfield trio of busquets-Coutinho-Veratti, busquets-coutinho-kdb, busquets-coutinho-thiago might not adequately replace the much revered busquets-iniesta-xavi, but I can bet my balls that they'll hold their own against any midfield on this planet.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Yahoo1(m): 6:27pm On Apr 05, 2018
Mcleo007:

I admire the confidence of those guys clamouring for a Madrid duel at this stage. To be honest, I dont feel confident we can dispatch Madrid over two legs. At least not at this stage of the campaign with all its intensity. They only have the UCL to save their season, and we all can see how its going for them. Positive! We, on the other hand are challenging on all fronts and our players are clearly fatigued, more so, as the coach sticks with the same players every match day. I was glad to see N. Semedo start yesterday and make quite an impression. He owned his man, bar a few let offs. Had he had O. Dembele instead of S. Roberto on the offensive side, they would have torn Roma to shreds. D. Suarez also had a great game off the bench. I hope he gets played this weekend and the quartet of god-Messi, A. Iniesta, I. Rakitic and S. Busquets get a deserved rest. But the gaffer is EV, trust him to feature all of them.
You are 100% correct. At times, i thought it was Dembele with the ball when he attacked Nelson is good and his game play fits that of O.Dembele, i hope the Coach continues to trust him. Denis is a talent that needs consistent game time to thrive, Not where the coach punishes him without game time for a long while when he has a game off.

Honestly, i don't want to criticize EV yet. This season we didn't have too much expectation, but look where he got us...hoping for a treble,albeit with a very conservative approach. I'm not impressed with the way he does not shuffle the squad when needed, but he knows his reason.
For me, Iniesta should not start this weekend, Messi should not or at least play till full time, Busquets too, then one of Pique and Umititi.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2018
SerVik:

If we are looking for a like for like xavi replacement, we might never get. Geniuses like xavi do not have replacements, they do not have substitutes, they only have alternatives. Players that will hold their own in their stead, not necessarily with same attributes but players that can bring balance in their own unique ways.

Footballers are professionals and an attribute of a real professional is the ability to adapt. The la masia is no longer producing the top quality talents we are used to, that is why we are looking elsewhere and rightly so.
Take Coutinho for instance, he might never get to be peak Iniesta but in his own rights he brings a different dimension that still suits seamlessly with our style of play. That is why our scouting crew do not just reel out names of players to sign. We find players that can suit our style of play and we go all out to sign them. That is the reason we fought so hard for veratti.
Silva and Kdb did not play with each other since they were 10 but they still understand each other perfectly well because they are professionals.

A midfield trio of busquets-Coutinho-Veratti, busquets-coutinho-kdb, busquets-coutinho-thiago might not adequately replace the much revered busquets-iniesta-xavi, but I can bet my balls that they'll hold their own against any midfield on this planet.
These players you listed can never be gotten, An all out bid for Erikssen would do it for me, instead of buying Griezmann whom we don't need imo, an Eriksen would be just perfect and even at that we still won't be as breathtaking as we used to.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2018
tesppidd:
be careful what you wish for.

bayern would not get 2 offside goals and 2 red cards against them again this year.

give me liverpool.

Hmmmmmm, I think Madrid can handle Liverpool wile we handle Madrid grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by SerVik(m): 11:12pm On Apr 05, 2018
jonsnow92:
These players you listed can never be gotten, An all out bid for Erikssen would do it for me, instead of buying Griezmann whom we don't need imo, an Eriksen would be just perfect and even at that we still won't be as breathtaking as we used to.
Ever tried taking a banana from a monkey's hand? That's what an Eriksen bid is.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 05, 2018
We already have Authur,don't see how we bid for Eriksen.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by SerVik(m): 11:48pm On Apr 05, 2018
VivaLaByke:
We already have Authur,don't see how we bid for Eriksen.
have you seen him play?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 06, 2018
SerVik:
have you seen him play?
Nope.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 7:53am On Apr 06, 2018
fearing?
far from it.

just asking you to do the maths

tesppidd:
hehehehe.

are you fearing?

if barca beat leganes and madrid beat athletico,
barca be 12 points clear of 2nd place athletico.

so barca only needs to win all their games up till week 34 to win the league.

and guess who's on week 35

the same bastarrds from the capital!!!

grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 7:56am On Apr 06, 2018
Champions League all-time top-scoring defenders*
Roberto Carlos 16
Iván Helguera 15
Dani Alves 12
Gerard Piqué 12
Christian Panucci 11
Sergio Ramos 11
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 9:09am On Apr 06, 2018
jonsnow92:
He really does though, The disaster lurking would be if he has his mind fixated on trying to preserve the unbeaten run in the league and then continues to start the first team players. Unbeaten run can be a burden at times..The fixture list doesn't get easier too, after roma next week we have valencia and celta vigo all in 4 days, and then Kings cup final by 21st.

All our good work this season can go off in flames in the next 3 weeks really.

Fact. How I wish EV can see this writeup and give some of our first 11 some rest against Leganes.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 9:10am On Apr 06, 2018
SerVik:

Ever tried taking a banana from a monkey's hand? That's what an Eriksen bid is.
Taking the 2nd best player from any top team is like taking a banana from a monkey too.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 9:14am On Apr 06, 2018
Awesome01:

Fact. How I wish EV can see this writeup and give some of our first 11 some rest against Leganes.
Busquets,Iniesta, pique, Rakitic, Messi and Suarez shouldn't start at all..Shouldnt even make the squad if you ask me.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 9:34am On Apr 06, 2018
Exactly. After all we paid good money buying replacements or alternative players for these set of players with the exception of Messi, (who can't be replaced).
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:35am On Apr 06, 2018
jonsnow92:
Busquets,Iniesta, pique, Rakitic, Messi and Suarez shouldn't start at all..Shouldnt even make the squad if you ask me.
I agree with Busquets, Iniesta, Messi and Pique.

Suarez and Rakitic should play.

Maybe something like this!

Semedo Mina Umtiti Alba

Rakitic Paulinho Dennis

Dembele Suarez Coutinho

At least it's not Sevilla so they wouldn't need a half fit Messi to carry them.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LethargiQue: 10:39am On Apr 06, 2018
tesppidd:

Semedo Mina Umtiti Alba

Rakitic Paulinho Dennis

Dembele Suarez Coutinho

grin

EV isn't Lucho, this will never happen..

But if it does.. I'll be happy.. Because I want to see Denis play more

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 10:45am On Apr 06, 2018
tesppidd:

Semedo Mina Umtiti Alba

Rakitic Paulinho Dennis

Dembele Suarez Coutinho

Rakitic shouldn't at all..Rakitic travelled to miami and mexico during the break and played both games..Came back and played a gruelling 90 minutes in seville and then 90 minutes against Roma..Gomes should take his place.

Also Alcacer deserves a look in at least, its leganes now.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 10:46am On Apr 06, 2018
tesppidd:

Semedo Mina Umtiti Alba

Rakitic Paulinho Dennis

Dembele Suarez Coutinho

I don't think Paulinho can play DM well o, maybe Rakitic.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by lovelylad: 11:07am On Apr 06, 2018
but seriously i see fatigue in our last match against roma

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 06, 2018
Peep the assist from Authur. cheesy cheesy

Just one more season of Rakitic inshallah.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by biomustry: 11:48am On Apr 06, 2018
LosVikingos:
Rakitic was better than your Midget last night though grin

Strange even to you right?
But we know a certain sombori that it's strange he features in the list more often
GOAT
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LosVikingos: 12:28pm On Apr 06, 2018
biomustry:

Strange even to you right?
But we know a certain sombori that it's strange he features in the list more often
GOAT

Midget in his last 10 quarter final matches... 0 goals

This is the disaster class he drops always at this level... It is not new at all grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 06, 2018
VivaLaByke:
Salah scored today??

Ya Allahhh...my Muslim brothers and sisters should come in clutch and vote it as goal of the week over Fagnaldo's sky tap in.
One work doneee.....Inshhhhhaaaaallllllahhhhhhh!!! cheesy

Fully deserved. grin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 12:45pm On Apr 06, 2018
jonsnow92:
Rakitic shouldn't at all..Rakitic travelled to miami and mexico during the break and played both games..Came back and played a gruelling 90 minutes in seville and then 90 minutes against Roma..Gomes should take his place.

Also Alcacer deserves a look in at least, its leganes now.
grin

Funny how Rakitic has become Don Corleone.

If I were coach Rakitic still wouldn't make my first eleven.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 12:56pm On Apr 06, 2018
LosVikingos:

Midget in his last 10 quarter final matches... 0 goals

This is the disaster class he drops always at this level... It is not new at all grin
First it was Messi has never scored in england.

And then Messi has never scored button.

And then Messi has never scored chelsea.

And then Messi has never scored a bicycle kick.

Now it is Messi had never scored in the champions league quarter final.

I shall be alive until the day I hear messi has never provided one assist for two goals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3054) (3055) (3056) (3057) (3058) (3059) (3060) ... (6233) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Anto2001(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.