Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4606487 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3110) (3111) (3112) (3113) (3114) (3115) (3116) ... (6194) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 6:19pm On May 10, 2018
Krasid:
So Barca wants to sign Griezmann. They are literally buying their way to titles these days. The once revered la masia is dead. Neymar, Suarez, Coutinho, Dembele, Semedo to name a few are some of the players that Barça has spent millions on in recent years.
Lmao

Bale scored the goal that killed Atletico in extra time in 2014.. He was bought for world record fee at the time.

Ronaldo scored the last penalty in the shoot out against Atletico in 2016.. He was bought for world record fee too.

Ronaldo scored 2 goals in the final against Juventus last season.. 80 million pounds fee in 2008 is like 160m in 2018 now.

So spare us all your Hypocrisy. If any one would criticise our spending policy it shouldn't be Real Madrid nor You.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by bigjoe50(m): 6:29pm On May 10, 2018
Krasid:
So Barca wants to sign Griezmann. They are literally buying their way to titles these days. The once revered la masia is dead. Neymar, Suarez, Coutinho, Dembele, Semedo to name a few are some of the players that Barça has spent millions on in recent years.

ehya...neymar, salah or kane re not coming to madrid grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 6:49pm On May 10, 2018
jonsnow92:
Denis Suarez that has talent lacks consistency (the same denis suarez that has gone on loan tire o), Sometimes Talents isn't enough, I watched EV's interview before the Villarreal game where he said Dembele has to work more for the team and more hardworking in training. So its not really about promoting, The question is do they fit the bill?, Bojan, Tello, Cuenca, Jefrren, Sandro, Traore, Oriol were all promoted, where are they now? thats just to name a few o, i can list 15 that has been promoted since 2008 and all of them cast.
but then how do you build consistency?

by giving the player a good run of games,

not play today, bench tomorrow,

dennis suarez needs to play 15 straight games to build that consistency and self confidence.

if suarez was not given a level of patience he would not have been allowed to play up to week 20.

dennis Suarez has shown his skill and talent.

i think he really needs a good spell of games.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 7:20pm On May 10, 2018
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LethargiQue: 7:50pm On May 10, 2018
jonsnow92:
Denis Suarez that has talent lacks consistency (the same denis suarez that has gone on loan tire o), Sometimes Talents isn't enough, I watched EV's interview before the Villarreal game where he said Dembele has to work more for the team and more hardworking in training. So its not really about promoting, The question is do they fit the bill?, Bojan, Tello, Cuenca, Jefrren, Sandro, Traore, Oriol were all promoted, where are they now? thats just to name a few o, i can list 15 that has been promoted since 2008 and all of them cast.

I always talk about D. Suarez because I'm confident of his abilities.. The guy is a wonderful player.

But you can't give a player 5 mins per month and expect the player to perform whenever.. You build up the player through consistency and trust. Same goes for other flops who have come through the academy..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 10, 2018
LethargiQue:

I always talk about D. Suarez because I'm confident of his abilities.. The guy is a wonderful player.

But you can't give a player 5 mins per month and expect the player to perform whenever.. You build up the player through consistency and trust. Same goes for other flops who have come through the academy..

Valvershit is the worst coach any upcoming footballer can player for, I fear for alena and arthur

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 10:17pm On May 10, 2018
haymekus:

Valvershit is the worst coach any upcoming footballer can player for, I fear for alena and arthur
I don't know what changed, but he was pretty good with young players at Bilbao. Maybe cos of their transfer policy. As at the time, this was one of the reasons cules were a little bit excited he was our new coach.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 8:31am On May 11, 2018
tesppidd:
but then how do you build consistency?

by giving the player a good run of games,

not play today, bench tomorrow,

dennis suarez needs to play 15 straight games to build that consistency and self confidence.

if suarez was not given a level of patience he would not have been allowed to play up to week 20.

dennis Suarez has shown his skill and talent.

i think he really needs a good spell of games.
Sometimes Denis Suarez doesn't even make the squad list and he's not injured.. That appears to me as though he doesn't work hard enough in training, because why else won't he even make the squad list at all. Meanwhile at the beginning of EV's tenure, Denis Suarez was getting a decent run of games, which means along the line, something changed...I'm all for him getting game time but then maybe Iniesta's presence was hindering him because Iniesta played every single time he was fit.. So maybe next season when Iniesta leaves he might get a decent run of games.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 8:43am On May 11, 2018
LethargiQue:

Times have changed..Roberto is way more talented but Roberto didn't start getting game time until he was 25.. Even at that he's playing Right Back..All I'm saying is Patience in a big Club is very vital. The pressure coaches face especially in barca, the pressure to win titles every season, so Coaches tend to use tested and trusted players and so you need to be very exceptional and extraordinarily good in order to get a good running.. Denis is good but he gats get patience are

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 8:52am On May 11, 2018
jonsnow92:
Times have changed..Roberto is way more talented but Roberto didn't start getting game time until he was 25.. Even at that he's playing Right Back..All I'm saying is Patience in a big Club is very vital. The pressure coaches face especially in barca, the pressure to win titles every season, so Coaches tend to use tested and trusted players and so you need to be very exceptional and extraordinarily good in order to get a good running.. Denis is good but he gats get patience are
well said. But do you support Gomes being selected ahead of Suarez despite difference in performance and game time?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 9:12am On May 11, 2018
Grizemann's addition is welcomed, Together with messi, Suarez,Coutinho and Dembele that will be a massive massive squad depth.

But Cules Our midfield is the area that requires a lot of additions, Iniesta is going and up till now we haven't replaced Xavi. Who do you think we should buy

I will prefer we bring back Thiago or we sign Ericksen( even though that will be extremely difficult) ,then let Coutinho inherits Iniesta's LMC together with the acquisition of Authur and the influence of Sergio Busquet from the back our Midfield will be more than Ok. We don't really have much problem at the back other than to offload Digne And sign a quality back up for the LB position or promote Miranda from Barca b.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 9:24am On May 11, 2018
Upnepaa:
Grizemann's addition is welcomed, Together with messi, Suarez,Coutinho and Dembele that will be a massive massive squad depth.

But Cules Our midfield is the area that requires a lot of additions, Iniesta is going and up till now we haven't replaced Xavi. Who do you think we should buy

I will prefer we bring back Thiago or we sign Ericksen( even though that will be extremely difficult) ,then let Coutinho inherits Iniesta's LMC together with the acquisition of Authur and the influence of Sergio Busquet from the back our Midfield will be more than Ok. We don't really have much problem at the back other than to offload Digne And sign a quality back up for the LB position or promote Miranda from Barca b.
Digne is a quality back up. All of you saying he should be sold really need to stop it!
How many quality players will be willing to stay on the bench?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 10:59am On May 11, 2018
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 11:03am On May 11, 2018
philfearon:

Digne is a quality back up. All of you saying he should be sold really need to stop it!
How many quality players will be willing to stay on the bench?

No, i don't concur Digne is an average player, no pace and his decision making is poor in short, he is not a barca standard player. I will rather we use Barca b players if no quality player will come.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 11:05am On May 11, 2018
Upnepaa:

No, i don't concur Digne is an average player, no pace and his decision making is poor in short, he is not a barca standard player. I will rather we use Barca b players if no quality player will come.
The dude is trying his best. The match against Villarreal should tell you that if recent!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 11:37am On May 11, 2018
Sommyroy10:
well said. But do you support Gomes being selected ahead of Suarez despite difference in performance and game time?
Gomes is a monkey. He probably does so well in training and flatters to deceive in training but once he gets to the stadium, fear go catch am...He's had his chance, He needs to go before he takes us to the sunken place like Morata is doing to Chelsea.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:46am On May 11, 2018
Krasid:
Nothing lasts forever.
Barca made maximum use of their academy when it had the finest players. The la masia cannot be producing the finest talents everytime. Maybe in another 10 years, another generation of excellent players might emerge. But until then, we have to keep competing at the top like we always do. We have to get the best players around to keep competing. You cant do that with the likes of Deulofeu or Munir.
And besides, if Barca decides not to spend but rather rely on whatever La masia had to offer, while hoping that one day they might become Busquets, Pique or Messi, it is still the likes of you that will accuse them of arrogance.

As for Real Madrid, I hope you guyz keep buying the likes of Ceballous and Vaquez or whatever his name is. When Ronaldo finally expires, you guyz will literally begin afresh to find stars to replace him. Such fate cannot befall Barca. grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 11:54am On May 11, 2018
jonsnow92:
Gomes is a monkey. He probably does so well in training and flatters to deceive in training but once he gets to the stadium, fear go catch am...He's had his chance, He needs to go before he takes us to the sunken place like Morata is doing to Chelsea.
lol. You are right. At a point, Juventus and some premier league Giants were after him. I was like, are there some things both their scouts and our coach were seeing that I was probably missing. I think I have watched Barca match just to see Gomes play and still nothing, except from his timing in last seasons classico ( build up to Messi's goal). Maybe he is suited for counter attacking football. Not watched that much of him in Portugal,
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 12:24pm On May 11, 2018
Sommyroy10:
lol. You are right. At a point, Juventus and some premier league Giants were after him. I was like, are there some things both their scouts and our coach were seeing that I was probably missing. I think I have watched Barca match just to see Gomes play and still nothing, except from his timing in last seasons classico ( build up to Messi's goal). Maybe he is suited for counter attacking football. Not watched that much of him in Portugal,
Gomes did very well at Valencia but he was mostly playing in the Pivot role or the Busquet's role, he did well because he had more time to think and more space. At Barca you don't get that time and space, meaning more brains than leg or talents and very very limited space to think.

That's why he's been exposed that much..His level is Valencia and them Celta Vigo..I won't be surprised if we sell him and he suddenly starts balling wherever he's sold to(a smaller club though).
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 5:23pm On May 11, 2018
Behind the stage scenes :

Piqué to Paulinho during HT - "Paulo, did you see Philippe getting nutmegged or not?"

Pique is just never serious.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 7:14pm On May 11, 2018
ElDeeVee:

@Sebod, you remember this post

Mr Fraud Guardiola may be the second casualty in the EPL after Francesco Guidolin.

Where this man dey self?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 9:27pm On May 11, 2018
philfearon:

The dude is trying his best. The match against Villarreal should tell you that if recent!
The match against Villarreal was probably his best in a barca jersey,most of his performances have been below par.... but i guess ur admiration for him has overshadowed Ur objectivity.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Eruditor: 9:30pm On May 11, 2018
sebod:

Where this man dey self?

Let me say something funny;

United need to win their last game of the season to get more points than that City team which people said failed.

That City team scored more goals than this United team which everyone claims has improved.

Liverpool, Tottemham and Chelsea will have less points than that same City team that were "embarassed" last season.

Pep is a victim of his own success. In fact, when he wins next season with less points than the 100 he will garner this season, they will say he failed.

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 9:39pm On May 11, 2018
Messi's Love for Suarez could cause a huge problem for barca in future because Suarez has been declining since about two since years ago and by the time barca try to offload him or bench him, Our Oga nla might kick against it and he has always been the numero uno and the de facto coach and he will have the final say....... The tin tire me o, Because it might turn out to be a pain in the azz for us just like Benzema is turning for Madrid due to Ronaldo's insistence. I pray Grizemann hits the ground running immediately and comes with an undeniable form that even messi can't resist.

Mind you, Messi's hard tackle against Ramos in the Clasico was a retaliation for his dear friend, Suarez. chai undecided

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:27pm On May 11, 2018
jonsnow92:
Behind the stage scenes :

Piqué to Paulinho during HT - "Paulo, did you see Philippe getting nutmegged or not?"

Pique is just never serious.
lol

And that's the guy some of us want as captain.

grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 10:37pm On May 11, 2018
Emasel:

Man Utd is the only top side Pep has beaten this season. His woes just started. Him go know say EPL no be La Liga or Bundesliga grin

How time flies cheesy cheesy

See how Pep dey shame all his Haters...
And yes EPl is not La liga or Bundesliga as he never found it easy over there.

He didn't accumalate 100 points in La liga and he didn't win 18 consecutive matches in the Bundesliga. awon oniyeye undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 3:03am On May 12, 2018
If Messi could do this at 30 i believe he still has like 3-4 years of top football to offer. kiss kiss kiss

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 6:47am On May 12, 2018
Upnepaa:
The match against Villarreal was probably his best in a barca jersey,most of his performances have been below par.... but i guess ur admiration for him has overshadowed Ur objectivity.
Lol. I know he has his worse days... But remember, he is a Back up!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 6:53am On May 12, 2018
Upnepaa:
Messi's Love for Suarez could cause a huge problem for barca in future because Suarez has been declining since about two since years ago and by the time barca try to offload him or bench him, Our Oga nla might kick against it and he has always been the numero uno and the de facto coach and he will have the final say....... The tin tire me o, Because it might turn out to be a pain in the azz for us just like Benzema is turning for Madrid due to Ronaldo's insistence. I pray Grizemann hits the ground running immediately and comes with an undeniable form that even messi can't resist.

Mind you, Messi's hard tackle against Ramos in the Clasico was a retaliation for his dear friend, Suarez. chai undecided
Suarez's problem is that we don't have a replacement yet bro.
Messi loved Fabregas and Neymar too... They got sold!
However, there is no good club that will sell a player who guarantees at least 30+ goals+assists in a season when they don't have a like to like replacement!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:47am On May 12, 2018
philfearon:

Suarez's problem is that we don't have a replacement yet bro.
Messi loved Fabregas and Neymar too... They got sold!
However, there is no good club that will sell a player who guarantees at least 30+ goals+assists in a season when they don't have a like to like replacement!!!
despite Suarez decline, he is still one of the best strikers in the world, top 4 to be precise
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 10:30am On May 12, 2018
Eruditor:

Let me say something funny;

United need to win their last game of the season to get more points than that City team which people said failed.

That City team scored more goals than this United team which everyone claims has improved.

Liverpool, Tottemham and Chelsea will have less points than that same City team that were "embarassed" last season.

Pep is a victim of his own success. In fact, when he wins next season with less points than the 100 he will garner this season, they will say he failed.
You have said it all sir. He, indeed is a victim of the standard he's set for himself.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 10:32am On May 12, 2018
ClintonNzedimma:

despite Suarez decline, he is still one of the best strikers in the world, top 4 to be precise
Exactly!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (3110) (3111) (3112) (3113) (3114) (3115) (3116) ... (6194) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.