Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,063 members, 7,863,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:04 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4675556 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3326) (3327) (3328) (3329) (3330) (3331) (3332) ... (6234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 10:02pm On Nov 30, 2018
calculator123:

what are the parameters you use in measuring a better striker? I want to know before I say wetin dey my mind
goals, influence on matches, chance creation for other players (DUMMY runs, assists, pulling defenses out of shape), pressing, link up play.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by calculator123(m): 10:07pm On Nov 30, 2018
IKON360:

goals, influence on matches, chance creation for other players (DUMMY runs, assists, pulling defenses out of shape), pressing, link up play.
no doubt Suarez ticks the other options except the goals in UCL this season. I still consider him a failure technically, what he has done is akin to a student who passed yoruba with A1 in WAEC but ended up getting f9 in maths or English. Can that Student be said to have passed? I am sure you know the answer to that. Luiz main responsibility is to score, until he begins to do so in the UCL, he remains a technical failure to me
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 10:13pm On Nov 30, 2018
calculator123:

same noise I have been making, you can't have a 9 not scoring and expecting to win the UCL.
100% true.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 10:59pm On Nov 30, 2018
calculator123:

The main job of a striker is to score, if you don't yet do well in other aspect of the game, you have failed technically
why didn't Paco acalcer made it @ barca, he is now scoring for fun, no wonder them dey say barca fans no Sabi ball
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 10:59pm On Nov 30, 2018
calculator123:

no doubt Suarez ticks the other options except the goals in UCL this season. I still consider him a failure technically, what he has done is akin to a student who passed yoruba with A1 in WAEC but ended up getting f9 in maths or English. Can that Student be said to have passed? I am sure you know the answer to that. Luiz main responsibility is to score, until he begins to do so in the UCL, he remains a technical failure to me
the problem will be when nobody else is scoring. Suarez is scoring but not in UCL, but we can't crucify him cos of UCL. If Suarez is benched, who will play? False 9 is not Messi's best wing, he did well there sometime ago, but he had the support and supply of Xavi, Iniesta and Pedro. Now Suarez needs that suppport from Messi, Dembele and Coutinho maybe Rakitic when he get's more confident. Arthur doesn't give incisive passes. Suarez will definitely score. Na we dey do ourselves finally, we don't create enough chances, if more players created chances NOT JUST Messi, Suarez will score more. More chances, more goals
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ayoalani(m): 11:26pm On Nov 30, 2018
I have said it before and i want to say it again. Benching suarez or not is not supposed to be an issue at all. If the number 9 goals determine who wins the ucl, liverpool should have won last season's. Firmino had 10 goals, the highest for any striker and he didn't win the ucl.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 11:30pm On Nov 30, 2018
calculator123:

The main job of a striker is to score, if you don't yet do well in other aspect of the game, you have failed technically
how many goals has aguero, lewandowski and Cavani scored in their respective league compared to suarez, bro I dey shame for you.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 4:59am On Dec 01, 2018
IKON360:

the problem will be when nobody else is scoring. Suarez is scoring but not in UCL, but we can't crucify him cos of UCL. If Suarez is benched, who will play? False 9 is not Messi's best wing, he did well there sometime ago, but he had the support and supply of Xavi, Iniesta and Pedro. Now Suarez needs that suppport from Messi, Dembele and Coutinho maybe Rakitic when he get's more confident. Arthur doesn't give incisive passes. Suarez will definitely score. Na we dey do ourselves finally, we don't create enough chances, if more players created chances NOT JUST Messi, Suarez will score more. More chances, more goals
Seems like you watch back of TV during Barça matches!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrew444(m): 5:11am On Dec 01, 2018
calculator123:

who is speaking about their career, I am talking about now as in this season, you dig?

Okay I dig bro

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 5:31am On Dec 01, 2018
No hating...See!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by calculator123(m): 8:16am On Dec 01, 2018
Ibukzy:
how many goals has aguero, lewandowski and Cavani scored in their respective league compared to suarez, bro I dey shame for you.
Google is your best friend
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by calculator123(m): 8:18am On Dec 01, 2018
IKON360:

ok lets watch and sew
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by calculator123(m): 8:18am On Dec 01, 2018
IKON360:

ok lets watch and see
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 8:25am On Dec 01, 2018
philfearon:

Seems like you watch back of TV during Barça matches!
correct me if I'm wrong, but when Messi is on the field, who is our most creative outlet? Messi. Who is our second most creative outlet?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 11:25am On Dec 01, 2018
IKON360:

correct me if I'm wrong, but when Messi is on the field, who is our most creative outlet? Messi. Who is our second most creative outlet?
That's a tough ask bro... I can't pin it on a single individual.
S.Roberto has 4 assists with Suarez and has played 2 less games than Suarez... and he is a defender.
Dembele has bailed our asses out so many times this season with even fewer minutes and 5 goals with 1 assist
Coutinho too...
I don't know what it is you are actually trying to prove, but Suarez is our most wasteful player....Don't let the 9 goals fool you. For every one goal he scores, he has spoiled 10 promising attacks and wasted 6 -10 clear cut goals...
If you are still yet to realise that the Suarez of two seasons ago and this one is different, you should stop watching football...

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 11:39am On Dec 01, 2018
philfearon:

S.Roberto has 4 assists with Suarez and has played 2 less games than Suarez... and he is a defender.
Dembele has bailed our asses out so many times this season with even fewer minutes and 5 goals with 1 assist
Coutinho too...
I don't know what it is you are actually trying to prove, but Suarez is our most wasteful player....Don't let the 9 goals fool you. For every one goal he scores, he has spoiled 10 promising attacks and wasted 6 -10 clear cut goals...
If you are still yet to realise that the Suarez of two seasons ago and this one is different, you should stop watching football...

I shouldn't let 9 goals fool me?! Wtf!! How many players have 9 goals in their respective leagues?

Suarez of two seasons is not this Suarez, I agree but the you are going, its like you have replacement for him for tomorrow's match.

Our most creative player is Messi and with this team, our 2nd most creative player is Suarez unfortunately. And its not just goals, he is imaginative, he has a strangely good passing range, much better than any striker you can mention. And he understands "linking the midfield with the attack" that only Messi and maybe Coutinho does better than him.

If it is missing chances, Cavani, Benzema, Morata, Aubameyang, Aguero are all worse than him. Suarez' selling point isn't just his goals, but the willingness to allow others benefit from him. That's why he seems untouchable.

Look at Man city, creative players only; De Bruyne, Silva, Bernado Silva, Mahrez, Sane, Sterling, Mendy and Guardiola has forced Gabriel J. and Aguero to be part of them too. De Bruyne has been injured yet it doesn't look anyone is missing. In Barcelona, Messi, Suarez, Dembele, Coutinho and our wing backs. So you see the problem, more players need to step up and then more goals. Not just from Messi and Suarez.

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 11:46am On Dec 01, 2018
IKON360:

I shouldn't let 9 goals fool me?! Wtf!! How many players have 9 goals in their respective leagues?

Suarez of two seasons is not this Suarez, I agree but the you are going, its like you have replacement for him for tomorrow's match.

Our most creative player is Messi and with this team, our 2nd most creative player is Suarez unfortunately. And its not just goals, he is imaginative, he has a strangely good passing range, much better than any striker you can mention. And he understands "linking the midfield with the attack" that only Messi and maybe Coutinho does better than him.

If it is missing chances, Cavani, Benzema, Morata, Aubameyang, Aguero are all worse than him. Suarez' selling point isn't just his goals, but the willingness to allow others benefit from him. That's why he seems untouchable.

Look at Man city, creative players only; De Bruyne, Silva, Bernado Silva, Mahrez, Sane, Sterling, Mendy and Guardiola has forced Gabriel J. and Aguero to be part of them too. De Bruyne has been injured yet it doesn't look anyone is missing. In Barcelona, Messi, Suarez, Dembele, Coutinho and our wing backs. So you see the problem, more players need to step up and then more goals. Not just from Messi and Suarez.
Oga, all of us agree that Suarez is a world class player... and that is the issue.
As a World class player, he is expected to deliver at all times except maybe in his off days which is normal.
So any other thing below that is not justified no matter how you try to twist it.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 11:57am On Dec 01, 2018
philfearon:

Oga, all of us agree that Suarez is a world class player... and that is the issue.
As a World class player, he is expected to deliver at all times except maybe in his off days which is normal.
So any other thing below that is not justified no matter how you try to twist it.
so because of Ronaldo and Messi, Suarez must be like them because he is world class? Abeg leave him like that, his injured sef so he won't block your eyes. By January we may get a younger 9 and then...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2018
IKON360:

so because of Ronaldo and Messi, Suarez must be like them because he is world class? Abeg leave him like that, his injured sef so he won't block your eyes. By January we may get a younger 9 and then...
Suarez should be Suarez.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 12:13pm On Dec 01, 2018
philfearon:

Suarez should be Suarez.
he is, isn't he? He may not score as much as you want but he is still contributing
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hustleranthem(m): 2:18pm On Dec 01, 2018
Who can recall that killer pass Suarez gave Rafinha against Inter at San siro? Or the dummy for Messi against tottenham?That's called creativity. As for that nigga calling for suarez's head, cut the man some slack. Apart from the goals, Suarez contributes alot to the team's attack and that's one important attribute of a striker. In Barca it's not all about the goals but team play for a striker.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hustleranthem(m): 2:20pm On Dec 01, 2018
philfearon:

what the Bleep do u mean my "at all times"? Is there any player in the world even Messi and Ronaldo that can deliver 100% performance at all times?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 01, 2018
philfearon:

Coutinho too...
I don't know what it is you are actually trying to prove, but Suarez is our most wasteful player....Don't let the 9 goals fool you.For every one goal he scores, he has spoiled 10 promising attacks and wasted 6 -10 clear cut goals...

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by calculator123(m): 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2018
hustleranthem:
what the Bleep do u mean my "at all times"? Is there any player in the world even Messi and Ronaldo that can deliver 100% performance at all times?
did read the part when he said their off days?,
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hinohsend: 6:07pm On Dec 01, 2018
Abeg, how much did the club sell Alcacer?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 7:11pm On Dec 01, 2018
hustleranthem:
What the fùck are you talking about? You blind?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 7:13pm On Dec 01, 2018
calculator123:
did read the part when he said their off days?,
You dey mind am.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 11:12pm On Dec 01, 2018
I hope we dispatch Villarreal tomorrow and get the 3 points.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 1:24am On Dec 02, 2018
Awesome01:
I hope we dispatch Villarreal tomorrow and get the 3 points.
We hope.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 6:49am On Dec 02, 2018
Fury/Wilder

Split decision!!!

Hmn
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by MJBOLT: 6:55am On Dec 02, 2018
do not derail
tesppidd:
Fury/Wilder
Split decision!!!
Hmn

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 7:13am On Dec 02, 2018
tesppidd:
Fury/Wilder

Split decision!!!

Hmn
Fury clearly won that fight,Wilder was almost gasping for breath in between rounds while Fury was still moving like a middle weight.
Boxing is a scam.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3326) (3327) (3328) (3329) (3330) (3331) (3332) ... (6234) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.