Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,262 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4008) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4599372 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4005) (4006) (4007) (4008) (4009) (4010) (4011) ... (6191) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 25, 2020
pkasso:
So you guys are not going to rant about swapping Arthur for Pjanic? Wasn't the guy supposed to be the next Xavi? Whoever is in charge of transfers at Barca must be smoking dogshit.

Tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if we swap De Jong for matuidi next season
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 8:48pm On Jun 25, 2020
haymekus:

Tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if we swap De Jong for matuidi next season

Or Mctominay
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 9:24pm On Jun 25, 2020
Bartomeu has destroyed this club and wasted messi's prime cry

The arthur deal is basically done.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TalabiAudu: 9:58pm On Jun 25, 2020
Pep Fraudiola.

Barka legendary fraud.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by calculator123(m): 10:02pm On Jun 25, 2020
TalabiAudu:
Pep Fraudiola.

Barka legendary fraud.

Barca and pep leaves rent free in your head. Go get a life bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TalabiAudu: 10:05pm On Jun 25, 2020
calculator123:

Barca and pep leaves rent free in your head. Go get a life bro.

cheesy cheesy

I'm sorry bro.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by calculator123(m): 10:06pm On Jun 25, 2020
TalabiAudu:

cheesy cheesy

I'm sorry bro.

Your periodic stupidity is forgiven.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TalabiAudu: 10:15pm On Jun 25, 2020
calculator123:

Your periodic stupidity is forgiven.

I know, personal insult from a Barka fan after bantering the club.

I'm not surprised cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 8:14am On Jun 26, 2020
jonsnow92:
Hes good no doubt but the love for him is based on the potential he has, not actually based on performances. I'm sure you can't give one game off the top of your head that Arthur was exceptionally good in except that long range shot he scored that caught the keeper unaware earlier this season. Trust me he won't really be missed.
I love him really, I really do but I'm not angry at the SALE, I'm angry at how he was sold and what we got afterwards.

I can still remember him against Tottenham in London, where those Tottenham workhorses couldn't come near him.

Of course, we won't miss him now, because he hasn't reached his full potential. But we will surely miss him later. Clubs are stocking up young players with different skillset and nurturing them, with the hope that they become world beaters. Look at Madrid, no Matter the nonsense Vinicius plays, he is still a regular, because they know he has potentials and he is improving. Once he is able to get right his finishing, then he will be a complete terror to opponents.

That is what we should do with Arthur. He is already contributing more goals now and he should only get better. Midfielders of his mould are not easy to get these days.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 9:33am On Jun 26, 2020
homesteady:

I can still remember him against Tottenham in London, where those Tottenham workhorses couldn't come near him.

Of course, we won't miss him now, because he hasn't reached his full potential. But we will surely miss him later. Clubs are stocking up young players with different skillset and nurturing them, with the hope that they become world beaters. Look at Madrid, no Matter the nonsense Vinicius plays, he is still a regular, because they know he has potentials and he is improving. Once he is able to get right his finishing, then he will be a complete terror to opponents.

That is what we should do with Arthur. He is already contributing more goals now and he should only get better. Midfielders of his mould are not easy to get these days.
We've been watching football for so long to know that if you have it you have it. Arthur is 23 and in his 2nd season in Europe. What he has we can get it in Dejong without stress. Puig will do similar if he gets a full season with the first team and a run of games in his legs. We were sad when Alena, Malcom, Munir, Charles, Cucurella and several others but trust me none of them would be missed like Neymar. If you have it you have it.
Barca is a big club and can always buy players of his quality. The only issue is how poorly run Barca is.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 9:41am On Jun 26, 2020
homesteady:

To further butress my point, look at this pass by Puig, he passes the ball with purpose, always looking for space, that's the way it should be really.Not saying Puig is better than he is I'm only saying we expected way better from Arthur.
Arthur just appears too basic for my liking.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by calculator123(m): 11:52am On Jun 26, 2020
TalabiAudu:

I know, personal insult from a Barka fan after bantering the club.

I'm not surprised cheesy

grin

I am also not surprised at your sinusoidal stupidity. You can take a leave honorably.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by calculator123(m): 11:53am On Jun 26, 2020
jonsnow92:
We've been watching football for so long to know that if you have it you have it. Arthur is 23 and in his 2nd season in Europe. What he has we can get it in Dejong without stress. Puig will do similar if he gets a full season with the first team and a run of games in his legs. We were sad when Alena, Malcom, Munir, Charles, Cucurella and several others but trust me none of them would be missed like Neymar. If you have it you have it.
Barca is a big club and can always buy players of his quality. The only issue is how poorly run Barca is.

So many "if".

Arthur deserves to stay.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 12:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
jonsnow92:

Yes we can always buy, but how has the buying helped us? It will help us better if we allow our current set of midfielders grow together.
Barring any great misfortune, Madrid have a great project on their hands because all their youngsters are growing together.

I feel you have forgotten some of the times he put up great performances. That boy dominated Kroos and Modric during one el classico oh.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 2:23pm On Jun 26, 2020
calculator123:

grin

I am also not surprised at your sinusoidal stupidity. You can take a leave honorably.
Sinusoidal

Damn Damn Damn

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 5:34pm On Jun 26, 2020
homesteady:

Yes we can always buy, but how has the buying helped us? It will help us better if we allow our current set of midfielders grow together.
Barring any great misfortune, Madrid have a great project on their hands because all their youngsters are growing together.

I feel you have forgotten some of the times he put up great performances. That boy dominated Kroos and Modric during one el classico oh.
I understand this really but it's not overtime we can get a Xavi and Iniesta who grew up together and played together, midfielders/players are always changing and subject to the coach. Tottenham players have been playing together for years and have nothing to show. Its not always a straight line graph really. The flip side is Sieten said this morning that the club haven't informed him of any of such deal.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 6:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
The real deal about this Arthur deal isn't because we are losing a world class ( a potential, or whatever it is you choose to call him). In fact, if Barcelona was actually selling this guy for the whole £70M, then I really wouldn't have a problem. But to what essence is swapping him for Pjanic?

Before una come for my head, I'm saying Arthur isn't a potential. In fact, I was one of those people that basically overhyped him as the 2nd Xavi but somehow, this guy hasn't consistently proved to us why he should continue to stay.
That said, there are really lots of "Maybe(s)" surrounding his seemingly lacklustre performance:
Maybe the guy needs to learn from some key players in the same team as Xavi did. Maybe he isn't disciplined enough. Or should we just conclude that it is the "cagey" Barcelona tactics ( The oversung #PassToMessi) that is preventing him from reaching his full potentials?

Trust me guys, there are lots of questions begging for answers. Even the said Puig that is the midfield wave of the moment might end up in the same 'choked-up" system and start misbehaving.

Left to me, I'll either suggest the Barca board reconsider their stance on swapping Arthur for one "quarter-to" Juve midfielder. Better still, let him go on loan to a high-pressing club and let's see what he brings back to the team. If not The trophyless 90s saga will come knocking again once Messi retires. We might even be worse than Arsenal.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 7:42pm On Jun 26, 2020
jonsnow92:
I understand this really but it's not overtime we can get a Xavi and Iniesta who grew up together and played together, midfielders/players are always changing and subject to the coach. Tottenham players have been playing together for years and have nothing to show. Its not always a straight line graph really. The flip side is Sieten said this morning that the club haven't informed him of any of such deal.

Ok, let's watch and see how things will play out. It's not like it is Arthur that will be the Ultimate saviour for Barcelona future.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 10:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
homesteady:

Ok, let's watch and see how things will play out. It's not like it is Arthur that will be the Ultimate saviour for Barcelona future.

Selling off Arthur is not the problem here, but exchanging him for another oldie is cause for concern, especially for 60M.

The squad has too many over 30 about-to-retire players already, why add more?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GBOLAGBURUGBURU(m): 10:52pm On Jun 26, 2020
Chai... if dem scrap penalty ehn...

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 10:58pm On Jun 26, 2020
GBOLAGBURUGBURU:

Na sheep some goats go turn to
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by adisaaowala: 11:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
pkasso:
So you guys are not going to rant about swapping Arthur for Pjanic? Wasn't the guy supposed to be the next Xavi? Whoever is in charge of transfers at Barca must be smoking dogshit.

PRICKasso my gee grin

Longest time.

Howfar nah
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 11:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
Awesome01:

Selling off Arthur is not the problem here, but exchanging him for another oldie is cause for concern, especially for 60M.

The squad has too many over 30 about-to-retire players already, why add more?

That matter enn... Barcelona is now a subsidiary for PENCOM. By next year, the club will become a full blown old people's home.

Our match against Leganes, the average age of the starting 11 was 30.

Except if Rakitic leaves, which I highly doubt, I don't see any of our +30 players leaving.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by obonujoker(m): 11:53pm On Jun 26, 2020
GBOLAGBURUGBURU:

Some people for no still win international trophy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pkasso(m): 2:37pm On Jun 27, 2020
adisaaowala:

PRICKasso my gee grin

Longest time.

Howfar nah
Weyrey! Dahdemola, you no dey forget something? grin Nihilist na bascard grin Where u dey all this while?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 3:02pm On Jun 27, 2020
Puig starts.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2020
Today's game at the Abanca-Balaidos, won't be an easy one. Celta has been a very serious team since after the restart. We have to be really up for it, if we hope to get all 3 points.

I wish us all 3 points!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 4:21pm On Jun 27, 2020
Goallll
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 4:21pm On Jun 27, 2020
Clever goal from Suarez!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ahhh! Ter stegen
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GBOLAGBURUGBURU(m): 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2020
Messi to give assist don dey become sure game. Another kain player to score penalty na sure odd.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 4:40pm On Jun 27, 2020
Messi undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (4005) (4006) (4007) (4008) (4009) (4010) (4011) ... (6191) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: GrandFinale2021(m), Ijustwantto, Joseph901 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.