Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4606555 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4162) (4163) (4164) (4165) (4166) (4167) (4168) ... (6194) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by SymonLFC(m): 8:52pm On Sep 25, 2020
GrammarNazi1:

And did he do that as a player or as a coach? The discussion is about Koeman as a COACH.
So he shld be insulted. ? U knw u can criticize without using foul words.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by SymonLFC(m): 8:54pm On Sep 25, 2020
pu7pl3:

Angel which club do you support?
Man i ain' t your angel, can u see d (m) on my monicker. YNWA.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2020
haymekus:

No just them, every fücking underperforming player, take a good look at T.silva, he is 36, but he’s still better than both of our defenders.

If a player stops performing, he should not be in the first eleven ffs, irrespective of his status, past teams he has played for, or money spent on him.

Roberto, pique, lenglet, Alba & busquet are all starters because they are our captains and it’s so awful, considering that this shït is only done at barce
Bro i even forgot about roberto. Seeing that guy start for the club makes me want to puke.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by biomustry: 10:25pm On Sep 25, 2020
jpmoriarti:
He is human being alright but he is also a professional. But believe me, there is nothing professional about his attacks to the club. If you applaud him because he is Messi, then you know nothing about code of professionalism and respect to authorities.
I'm not applauding him because he's Messi, he has been acting professionally for several years, he has never attacked the board before now, if he hadn't done this do you think they'll change a thing? You sef reason am na, Dani Alves complained, Neymar, Matheu grin
If you're siding the board now, do you think holding him is the right thing to do? I love Messi but they should have let him go mehn. I thinks he'll be attacking the board from now on
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by biomustry: 10:30pm On Sep 25, 2020
calculator123:

Respect is earned not deserved. In recent times, can you say the board has earned the respect of players and fans?

We both know the answer to that question.

If criticism is what they need to sit up, so be it!
The board should not act professionally it is Messi that needs professional courses lmaooooo. This Bartomeu and the rest of the board are probably hiding some Nigerian type of corruption

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pu7pl3(m): 10:52pm On Sep 25, 2020
SymonLFC:
Man i ain' t your angel, can u see d (m) on my monicker. YNWA.

Don't flatter yourself, the angel was sarcastic as regards to your holier than thou speech...to make matters worse you are a Liverpool fan, this is even worse than a pot calling kettle black
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by SymonLFC(m): 11:13pm On Sep 25, 2020
pu7pl3:

Don't flatter yourself, the angel was sarcastic as regards to your holier than thou speech...to make matters worse you are a Liverpool fan, this is even worse than a pot calling kettle black
Me i shld nt flatter myself, so 4 ur mind u feel say na my fellow man naim go make me dey flattered. I toorkam all these men wey dia favourite colour na purple pink and blue, u canoor chose manly colour like red and black. Very soon na to dey ask me if i dey blush... 4rm der fiam u don shaperly send me pm...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 11:49pm On Sep 25, 2020
Debroslink:

Messi has every right to criticise a barcelona club being controlled by a dog. No matter how wasteful Suarez has been in the last 3 years, his 198 goals in about 280 games is legendary.

I mean look at how cheap he's being sold(6m) to a major rival, yet Morata is being sold for 45m to Juventus. How low can Barcelona be?

It's only you that see Messi's slam on Barca board as wrong. Even rival fans and trolls aren't arguing against those facts that Messi is saying.
God bless you jare

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 11:53pm On Sep 25, 2020
jpmoriarti:
When Messi retires, and hopefully soon, some of y'all plastic Barcelona fans, will surely commit suicide.
I do pray you start first

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 12:04am On Sep 26, 2020
10Dove:
I do pray you start first
Not me bro. I'm not a Messi fan boy. I adore him just like every Barcelona fan but I do not appreciate his various attempts at demeaning the image of the club.

Barcelona is a brand. Brand needs good image to survive. Barcelona should never collapse because Messi is going to leave or retire.

Even though the board has been shameful, attacks from an important player such as Messi is going to do a lot of damage to the club.

I am looking at the bigger picture here. I still want Barcelona to still be a big club even when Messi departs. Messi actions today cannot benefit the club in the long run.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 12:13am On Sep 26, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Not me bro. I'm not a Messi fan boy. I adore him just like every Barcelona fan but I do not appreciate his various attempts at demeaning the image of the club.

Barcelona is a brand. Brand needs good image to survive. Barcelona should never collapse because Messi is going to leave or retire.

Even though the board has been shameful, attacks from an important player such as Messi is going to do a lot of damage to the club.

I am looking at the bigger picture here. I still want Barcelona to still be a big club even when Messi departs. Messi actions today cannot benefit the club in the long run.
Barto has already dragged Barca to its lowest point possible.
No one, I repeat, No one can sink Barcelona lower... Trying to disagree with messi is like saying you're in support of whatever bar to has done... Everything messi has said is FACT.
Counter them n not trying to make it seem like he told a lie

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 2:41am On Sep 26, 2020
SymonLFC:
Me i shld nt flatter myself, so 4 ur mind u feel say na my fellow man naim go make me dey flattered. I toorkam all these men wey dia favourite colour na purple pink and blue, u canoor chose manly colour like red and black. Very soon na to dey ask me if i dey blush... 4rm der fiam u don shaperly send me pm...
grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by biomustry: 5:51am On Sep 26, 2020
10Dove:
No one, I repeat, No one can sink Barcelona lower... Trying to disagree with messi is like saying you're in support of whatever bar to has done... Everything messi has said is FACT.
Butthurt fans trying to blame it on Messi, who's actually the reason for the overhaul at the moment

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by williams10101(m): 6:40am On Sep 26, 2020
haymekus:

No just them, every fücking underperforming player, take a good look at T.silva, he is 36, but he’s still better than both of our defenders.

If a player stops performing, he should not be in the first eleven ffs, irrespective of his status, past teams he has played for, or money spent on him.

Roberto, pique, lenglet, Alba & busquet are all starters because they are our captains and it’s so awful, considering that this shït is only done at barce

The truth is, If busquet and pique maintain their positions in the team on a regular, then I'm personally not expecting much from Barça this season.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 7:30am On Sep 26, 2020
DissTroy:

Messi rarely ever criticises Barcelona. He doesn't even criticize his teammates when things go south. He gets angry and that's it. He's never thrown any player under the bus. Ronaldo has done that.
In the last five years, Messi has criticized Barça for these reasons which are valid:
1. Luis Enrique's style of play and training style which he says hurts players and isn't the Barcelona way;
2. Letting Neymar go and not getting a good replacement;
3. Failing to resign Neymar;
4. The transfer options of the club;
5. Bartomeu;
6. Transfer targets
7. Pushing a club legend like Suarez out that way.
All these are consistent with what the fanbase have been saying. Haven't we all been criticizing Bartomeu for over a year before that Messi interview? Haven't we all touched on all the issues above?

Never forget Messi' first rebellion against Pep Guardiola before they mended fences was because of the way Pep pushed out people he looked up to (Ronaldinho and Eto) out of Barça unceremoniously. It's the reason both ex-players are fiercely defensive of Messi till date. He stood up for them even as a teenager while others like Pique, Iniesta and Xavi kept quiet.

Suarez should have been phased out of the team with respect. Give him a role and phase him out gradually like they did to Iniesta. Suarez deserves a proper send-off party from the fans. If you think otherwise then you are a football fan without a soul.

Messi' rare criticism of the club has always been justified. Never for selfish reasons.

Pique is a Barça legend and fanatic but he's only vocal when defending Barça and Catalonia in inter-club and inter-region beefs.

Of what relevance, Importance, and usefulness is the bolded part of your comment.
Just as the same board you accuse of lack of focus you too just exhibited same.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 7:40am On Sep 26, 2020
Olamyyde:
Mehn suarez's farewell speech was so heartbreaking. I really feel sorry for him.

I don't understand why he couldn't accept lower wages if he really wanted to stay at barca. I also don't like how he was forced to leave, forced to leave to a rival again for that matter.

ATM is not Barca's rival. Barca has not lost a match to ATM in 10 years.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Moura7(m): 8:02am On Sep 26, 2020
usbcable:

Actually we have...UCL QF2016 and even this year in the Supercoppa semis. Except you mean in laliga
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 8:09am On Sep 26, 2020
usbcable:

They won and lifted their last La liga title at Camp Nou.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 9:08am On Sep 26, 2020
Debroslink:

They won and lifted their last La liga title at Camp Nou.
with David Villa in the team. A player we sold to a direct rival, yet they're not our rivals... yarns
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 9:17am On Sep 26, 2020
usbcable:

The things I read here sometimes make wanna laugh, scream and cry at the same time.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by DissTroy(m): 9:23am On Sep 26, 2020
usbcable:

Any club which is always a top contender for the same prize you seek (La Liga) is your rival. You don't further arm a rival with a dangerous weapon or any weapon at all.
Barça, Madrid and Athletico. It's always been these three slugging it out in the league over the past seven years especially so how are they not rivals?

usbcable:

Of what relevance, Importance, and usefulness is the bolded part of your comment.
Just as the same board you accuse of lack of focus you too just exhibited same.
Sometimes to tell history unbiased, we don't have to sieve out the uncomfortable truth.

Ronaldo has a history of making comments like,"If only the players around me could play up to my level, we'd have won this match" as his defense when his team loses. Messi has never done so and would never throw his teammates under the boss to exonerate himself of any blame.

This has to be pointed out to further corroborate the stance that Messi rarely ever criticises the club and when he does, it's never been from a selfish standpoint.

Are you going to fault me for pointing out Ronaldo's behavioural shortcomings now?

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:09am On Sep 26, 2020
Respect to Tito Villanova....
100 point was cool but we lost Thiago Alcantara.

I was suprised!

Thanks Luìs Enrique for the 2015 treble and the REMUNTANDA ( i can never forget ) but you abandoned la mmasia. Alex Grimaldo the then Barca B captain was sold 4 peanut.

I was suprised!!

Fast-forward to 2018 Barca collapsed in ROME. I literally told my friends even Madrid fans that Ernesto Valverde will be fired. They all agreed with me..
To my greatest surprise Valverde was given a second chance!!!

Under Valverde , Barca collapsed for the second time, this time...against Liverpool. yet they didn't sack Valverde. At this point i realised that the Barca Board have reached the climax of administrative and managerial cluelessness. now i know why Rossel went to prison

Can't forget Arthur Melo's man of the match other than Messi performance against a high pressing Tottenham team in Wembley. Barca sold him , bought a declining Pjamic.

Nwanne i was shocked....

Suarez of 2020 is different from the Suarez of 2015. A declined 2020 Suarez is better than the Barca version of GRIZZY. Hypocrisy and incompetency is when you say that Suarez is surplus to requirement , has declined , that he's on high wage therefore you terminate his contract but include ROBERTO , ALBA , UMTITI & BUSQUET in your team.

Well , i'm not surprised.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Vykinx: 10:16am On Sep 26, 2020
*SPORTS NEWS FROM FC BARCELONA*
������
The Barça board are now ‘confident’ on signing Dest. But the agreement with Ajax has not been fully reached yet. Bayern are still in the race. Despite this, Barça are convinced they’ll finalise the deal soon. The saga continues but it's in the final stages. -FabrizioRomano

Decisive hours to close the signing of Sergiño Dest. There is optimism within Barcelona to tie the signing this weekend, pending agreeing to the payment formula. There’s already total agreement between Barça and Dest. -ffpolo

Bayern Munich keep trying, but the player is determined to sign for Barcelona and this is the great asset of the Catalan club.

Messi to Suarez: You deserved to depart like what you are: one of the most important players in the club’s history, winning things as part of a group & individually. Not for them to kick you out as they have done. But the truth is nothing surprises me any more.

Pedri has already been told that he will wear the number 16 shirt and that they will include him in the first team.-Marta_Ramon

@LaLiga has published a list of squad numbers from Barcelona on their website:
• Alena (6)
• Coutinho (14)
• Pedri (16)
• Trincao (17)
• Pjanic (cool
Matheus Fernandes isn’t in the list, while Rafinha and Todibo appear in the list *without* a number

Riqui Puig will have Barcelona B’s number (28). Araujo and Miranda will also be in the B team for now as well.-Alfremartinezz

As per rac1, Collado will be joining Girona on loan this season

Koeman has not called up Matheus Fernandes for any pre-season game but has told him to train hard and wait for his chance. [cadena ser]

Dembélé's entourage ensure that the training sessions under Koeman are more intensive than under Valverde and the Frenchman is delighted with that. [cadena ser]

Semedo would have cost Barcelona 5 million euros more if he had stayed, because of a clause in the player's contract at the Blaugrana club. Benfica charged 5 million euros for every 50 games Semedo played, up to a certain amount of games. Semedo played 97 games in total. [md]

Barcelona hopes to close the signing of Sergiño Dest between Monday-Tuesday.-joanbatllori

Depay is in pole position for Barcelona. The Dutchman is the first option to reinforce the Blaugrana attack: he fits the profile and the salary cap. [md]

Koeman is in love with the skill and talent of Pedri. [sport

Cavani and Dzeko were offered to Barcelona, but the club has discarded them.-MigRico

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:26am On Sep 26, 2020
joviegghead:

The things I read here sometimes make wanna laugh, scream and cry at the same time.

Ayam telling you
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 10:29am On Sep 26, 2020
biomustry:

Butthurt fans trying to blame it on Messi, who's actually the reason for the overhaul at the moment
I am not butthurt fan bro. I just happen to understand how corporate organizations work.

Messi is not the reason for the overhaul. Barca with Messi as part of it, has underperformed. There should be no hiding place for anybody here. Messi should be part of the overhaul. He is old and prefers to walk in the pitch while the energetic, hardworking opponents puts his team under the cosh. He needs to run more.

Overhaul is not all about changing old players and replacing them with brand new once. Players can improve their work rate, with or without the ball. Players should run more. Messi might be a goal scoring wizard but it hasn't helped the team in the past four years in European competitions.

It is always very easy to point accusing fingers on the board as though the team does not have world class players to challenge and win titles. But ignoring the fact that Messi and others have completely underperformed, is just being hypocritical.

I am not going to join that bandwagon.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 10:38am On Sep 26, 2020
10Dove:
How many times has Barto dragged Barcelona to its lowest point possible on twitter or instagram or the press, as Messi has done? It is always Messi, trying to be the victim while he is part of the villain. Players shouldn't be seen to be in open rebellion against the club. It is very bad for business. Whatever differences they have should be settled behind closed doors, not on the pages of instagram or twitter.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 10:40am On Sep 26, 2020
jpmoriarti:
How many times has Barto dragged Barcelona to its lowest point possible on twitter or instagram or the press, as Messi has done? It is always Messi, trying to be the victim while he is part of the villain. Players shouldn't be seen to be in open rebellion against the club. It is very bad for business. Whatever differences they have should be settled behind closed doors, not on the pages of instagram or twitter.
O.K.A.Y
You're the only one with a different opinion, so I guess you're a true barca fan.. #peace
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 10:56am On Sep 26, 2020
10Dove:
O.K.A.Y
You're the only one with a different opinion, so I guess you're a true barca fan.. #peace
Yes that what it seems here. Everyone else is thinking with their hearts. Being emotional when we're talking business.

Barcelona must survive with or without Messi. Not just survive, we must continue to be footballing gaint both in Spain and Europe. This is the agenda. As Messi wind down a glittering footballing career, Barcelona must not wind down with him.

By always putting Barcelona in a bad light, Messi is trying to pull down Barcelona as he winds down his career. This is unacceptable and goes against his confession of love for the club. When Xavi and Iniesta left, there was no drama but Messi is making a mess of everything.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Jodera: 11:04am On Sep 26, 2020
jpmoriarti:
I am not butthurt fan bro. I just happen to understand how corporate organizations work.

Messi is not the reason for the overhaul. Barca with Messi as part of it, has underperformed. There should be no hiding place for anybody here. Messi should be part of the overhaul. He is old and prefers to walk in the pitch while the energetic, hardworking opponents puts his team under the cosh. He needs to run more.

Overhaul is not all about changing old players and replacing them with brand new once. Players can improve their work rate, with or without the ball. Players should run more. Messi might be a goal scoring wizard but it hasn't helped the team in the past four years in European competitions.

It is always very easy to point accusing fingers on the board as though the team does not have world class players to challenge and win titles. But ignoring the fact that Messi and others have completely underperformed, is just being hypocritical.

I am not going to join that bandwagon.
He's 33, his mates are getting peripheral roles in clubs, or their club make sure they run less due to their age, so as they can exert more influence (e.g, pirlo at last days of juventus, Ronaldo too, etc), but but... Messi needs to run more.

Someone wey suppose dey take rest if the club structure is properly planned, but he's still the alpha and omega, yet he's still at fault for barca decline. Lol.
It's just funny reading some comments here
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 11:05am On Sep 26, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Yes that what it seems here. Everyone else is thinking with their hearts. Being emotional when we're talking business.

Barcelona must survive with or without Messi. We must continue to be footballing gaint both in Spain and Europe. This is the agenda. As Messi wind down a glittering footballing career, Barcelona must not wind down with him.
misplaced energy...
Barto ran the club down, you're dragging messi.
Funny thing is, right from 2016/17, I've been stressing on the need for both Barto n E.V to step aside... You're the one thinking with ur heart here bro.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 11:21am On Sep 26, 2020
usbcable:

But they are league contenders and humiliated us in the UCL 2 times in the last decade.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 11:32am On Sep 26, 2020
Moura7:

Actually we have...UCL QF2016 and even this year in the Supercoppa semis. Except you mean in laliga

Okay maybe I should say LaLiga

But Vengeance is a bad thing and Suarez may just now make ATM more difficult for Barca to beat

(1) (2) (3) ... (4162) (4163) (4164) (4165) (4166) (4167) (4168) ... (6194) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.