Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,559 members, 7,850,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:46 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4656013 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4452) (4453) (4454) (4455) (4456) (4457) (4458) ... (6224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Virus99: 6:47pm On Mar 19, 2021
ddippset:
Still doesn't resolve the mystery as to why you got his balls domiciled in your mouths all day and all night like Egyptian artifacts.

We can discuss anything and any player here.

It seems to me that you have describe yourself and the rest of Messi nut jobs grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Virus99: 6:52pm On Mar 19, 2021
ddippset:
Don't body yasef.

1st leg was basically 11 versus 10.

You're talking of Bayern, seems you have forgotten so soon the footballing lessons taught to you by City last season, and little Ajax the season before.

Don't be fooled by Liverpool's poor domestic form,
They shall have you beat.
We have beaten City and Ajax this past years we are so tired of it wink

So we are waiting for Bayern to avenge you the way we avenged you against Juve, Roma, and Athletico.
We are a great big brother, so don't mention wink

Oh lest I forget, the 4-0 debacle with Liverpool shall be avenged too but won't be as important as that of Bayern.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 7:16pm On Mar 19, 2021
cumz:

If not for inconsistency, injuries and probably lack of confidence... he should be on par with mbappe...
Coman, giroud, martial and even griezmann can’t match him on his best days!!!

But I get it, we only see that best day one out of every 10 matches.

I used to ask myself, why is Dembele not seen in the same light as Mbappe. To me, Dembele is even more skillful than Mbappe, more nimble, better with both feet and arguably as fast or even faster than Mbappe in a lightning race. So I told myself that Dembele was a better prospect than Mbappe and will eventually take the world stage by storm. This was back in 2019.

Two seasons after and after everything I've seen, I can comfortably tell you that it will be hard for Dembele to become a world-class player. He is undoubtedly a world-class talent, but transiting to a world-class player may be highly difficult. He may just continue to be that player who performs best when least expected and often falls short when all eyes are on him.

Why do I say that? Dembele's problem is decision making/reliability. Decision making is what sets apart average players from world-class players. I wish Dembele had the mental construct of even Bukayo Saka, for then he would become world-class. But then I fear, because most world-class players already had a good decision-making mindset right from when they were very young as it's often an innate thing e.g Messi at 19, De Lima at 19, Mbappe at 18, Rooney at 18, Fabregas at 17, Xavi at 20, Iniesta at 20, Eto'o at 21, Ronaldinho at 20/21, Henry at 22, Raul at 19, Ansu Fati at 17, Neymar at 18, CR7 at 21.

Few of them like CR7 and Henry had coaches like Ferguson and Wenger to help them with the transition into worldbeaters. The question is who can help Dembele unlock and realize his true potential with better decision-making? Unless that happens, there'd always be that gulf in class between him and Mbappe.

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:31pm On Mar 19, 2021
Virus99:

We have beaten City and Ajax this past years we are so tired of it wink

So we are waiting for Bayern to avenge you the way we avenged you against Juve, Roma, and Athletico.
We are a great big brother, so don't mention wink

Oh lest I forget, the 4-0 debacle with Liverpool shall be avenged too but won't be as important as that of Bayern.
And which of these teams have we not thrashed over the last 10 years?

From Bayern to Ajax to Real Madrid

Remember the times when the Barca diick was camped permanently in Madrid's drawers?
grin

And pls also stop treating Ronaldo diick like some emergency lip gloss,
Just ignore sometimes when we bring up his name.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:34pm On Mar 19, 2021
ThierryJay:

I used to ask myself, why is Dembele not seen in the same light as Mbappe. To me, Dembele is even more skillful than Mbappe, more nimble, better with both feet and arguably as fast or even faster than Mbappe in a lightning race. So I told myself that Dembele was a better prospect than Mbappe and will eventually take the world stage by storm. This was back in 2019.

Two seasons after and after everything I've seen, I can comfortably tell you that it will be hard for Dembele to become a world-class player. He is undoubtedly a world-class talent, but transiting to a world-class player may be highly difficult. He may just continue to be that player who performs best when least expected and often falls short when all eyes are on him.

Why do I say that? Dembele's problem is decision making/reliability. Decision making is what sets apart average players from world-class players. I wish Dembele had the mental construct of even Bukayo Saka, for then he would become world-class. But then I fear, because most world-class players already had a good decision-making mindset right from when they were very young as it's often an innate thing e.g Messi at 19, De Lima at 19, Mbappe at 18, Rooney at 18, Fabregas at 17, Xavi at 20, Iniesta at 20, Eto'o at 21, Ronaldinho at 20/21, Henry at 22, Raul at 19, Ansu Fati at 17, Neymar at 18, CR7 at 21.

Few of them like CR7 and Henry had coaches like Ferguson and Wenger to help them with the transition into worldbeaters. The question is who can help Dembele unlock and realize his true potential with better decision-making? Unless that happens, there'd always be that gulf in class between him and Mbappe.
No lies.

Dembele is actually more skilful than Mbappe.

What Mpabbe has is; ability to score goals and blistering speed with the ball.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 7:59pm On Mar 19, 2021
ddippset:
No lies.

Dembele is actually more skilful than Mbappe.

What Mpabbe has is; ability to score goals and blistering speed with the ball.

Dembele is also extremely fast na. Check his wonder goal against tottenham at camp nou in 2018 where he absolutely destroyed Harry winks or whatever for pace. I don't think I've seen a faster sprint than that other than Henry's breeze against Paraguay in France 98.

Even if his goal sense is not as good as Mbappe, at least he suppose get better sense in key passes and crosses na, not to just be below par in all effective football parameters .
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:23pm On Mar 19, 2021
ThierryJay:

Dembele is also extremely fast na. Check his wonder goal against tottenham at camp nou in 2018 where he absolutely destroyed Harry winks or whatever for pace. I don't think I've seen a faster sprint than that other than Henry's breeze against Paraguay in France 98.

Even if his goal sense is not as good as Mbappe, at least he suppose get better sense in key passes and crosses na, not to just be below par in all effective football parameters .
Perhaps Mbappe is slightly faster.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 8:39pm On Mar 19, 2021
ddippset:
The only way you don't get trolled is if you win the trophy.

Even if you make it to semi final and half, we shall come for you.

So you better lift that trophy Real Madrid.

At least our own trolling will be later than yours. I eight-two say this but no trolling can beat six consecutive years of humiliating exits by different clubs in UCL grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by cumz(m): 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2021
ThierryJay:

Well said
Totally agree!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by cumz(m): 9:58pm On Mar 19, 2021
^^^ i am glad he got called up to France national team. That’s a testament that he’s doing well, at least better than 2 years ago.. hopefully he will build on that.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by biomustry: 12:35am On Mar 20, 2021
ddippset:
What makes you think una for meet Bayern?
Probability, even Liverpool or Guardiola

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by obonujoker(m): 9:31am On Mar 20, 2021
grin haters grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by obonujoker(m): 9:33am On Mar 20, 2021
ThierryJay:

Dembele is another Nani
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 10:40am On Mar 20, 2021
Rooting for Man City to go all the way in the UCL.

But they face Bayern once they dispatch Dortmund. shocked shocked
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by grammarnazi12: 10:44am On Mar 20, 2021
jpmoriarti:
Rooting for Man City to go all the way in the UCL.

But they face Bayern once they dispatch Dortmund. shocked shocked
Have Bayern won PSG already?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:00am On Mar 20, 2021
grammarnazi12:

Have Bayern won PSG already?
With all due respect to PSG, they didn't win because they were so good. It was more because Barca were very poor especially in the first leg.

Had Barca really believed they could turn it around in the 2nd leg, we created plenty chances to have put them in serious jeopardy. tongue We came up against an inspired Keylor Navas. embarassed

Bayern will make light work of them. All they need to do is deny Mbappe spaces to run against the defence. cry

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by grammarnazi12: 11:05am On Mar 20, 2021
jpmoriarti:
With all due respect to PSG, they didn't win because they were so good. It was more because Barca were very poor especially in the first leg.

Had Barca really believed they could turn it around in the 2nd leg, we created plenty chances to have put them in serious jeopardy. tongue We came up against an inspired Keylor Navas. embarassed

Bayern will make light work of them. All they need to do is deny Mbappe spaces to run against the defence. cry
True, though.

Barcelona really messed up in the first leg.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:12am On Mar 20, 2021
grammarnazi12:

True, though.

Barcelona really messed up in the first leg.
Our weak attacking force was more to blame esp in the first leg. With Grezimann ghosting around, no defender really ever marks him because he posed very limited threat. I dont really know how the almighty Grezimann could become so subdued since he joined Barca. So opposing team always have a man advantage every time Grezimann is there. Messi needs these so-called attacking players to take men away from him but they dont do shiiit
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:22am On Mar 20, 2021
If PSG somehow manages to advance against Bayern ( I will actually cherish this. Bayern super powers should be checked! tongue), then I am certain Man City will dispatch them in the Semis.

With all due respect to Chelsea, Liverpool and Real Madrid, a winner of the UCL will not come from this side of the divide this season.

Whoever wins the Semi final btw Man City and Bayern/PSG, wins the champions league.

I hope it is Man City. This would finally cement Guardiola's legacy as the best ever coach. GOAT of coaches. And also puts my best player (outside Messi), Kevin de Bryune as the prime candidate for the Ballon d'or. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 8:29am On Mar 21, 2021
https://twitter.com/RyanDMi/status/1372129602508709888?s=19

Watch this Iniesta video and tell us who plays like this in our squad.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 9:50am On Mar 21, 2021
I hope Lewandowski doesn't break out man's 50 league goal mark record for a season.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 11:18am On Mar 21, 2021
homesteady:
https://twitter.com/RyanDMi/status/1372129602508709888?s=19

Watch this Iniesta video and tell us who plays like this in our squad.
My homeboy Riqui Puig

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 11:25am On Mar 21, 2021
ddippset:
I hope Lewandowski doesn't break out man's 50 league goal mark record for a season.
Me and you were thinking of the same thing just that you typed it faster He has 8 games to score at least 15 and more goals If he scores 2 hattricks in his next 3 games then he would surely do it but bayern are facing Leipzig Leverkusen monchengladbach and Wolfsburg in those last 8 games so let's wait and see But all I know is that this years ballon d or is surely going to him That man is a machine
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:17pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Me and you were thinking of the same thing just that you typed it faster He has 8 games to score at least 15 and more goals If he scores 2 hattricks in his next 3 games then he would surely do it but bayern are facing Leipzig Leverkusen monchengladbach and Wolfsburg in those last 8 games so let's wait and see But all I know is that this years ballon d or is surely going to him That man is a machine
He needs 15 goals in 8 games.
That will be very difficult but not impossible.

As for the ballon dor 2021 surely he's the overwhelming favourite for now.

But don't forget this is only March. There are still very many possibilities.

The Champions League, The Euros and The Copa America could have a big influence.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by grammarnazi12: 2:33pm On Mar 21, 2021
ddippset:
He needs 15 goals in 8 games.
That will be very difficult but not impossible.

As for the ballon dor 2021 surely he's the overwhelming favourite for now.

But don't forget this is only March. There are still very many possibilities.

The Champions League, The Euros and The Copa America could have a big influence.
Just like the year Ronaldo was gifted the Ballon d'Or largely because of his performance against Sweden in a friendly or playoff.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 3:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
grammarnazi12:

Just like the year Ronaldo was gifted the Ballon d'Or largely because of his performance against Sweden in a friendly or playoff.
lol, i remember.

It was a play off.

Even those that didn't need a play off to qualify for the world cup were not given such a priviledge...

And those who had already submitted their votes were allowed to change them; the whole thing was like changing the rules in the middle of a game.

That remains the most scandalous ballon dor in history.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by grammarnazi12: 3:06pm On Mar 21, 2021
ddippset:
lol, i remember.

It was a play off.

Even those that didn't need a play off to qualify for the world cup were not given such a priviledge...

And those who had already submitted their votes were allowed to change them; the whole thing was like changing the rules in the middle of a game.

That remains the most scandalous ballon dor in history.
Absolutely true.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 8:36pm On Mar 21, 2021
Alaves missed a penalty Chai
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sotall(m): 9:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
Messi isn't having a good game.

He has lost the ball many times in the front of our attack.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 9:49pm On Mar 21, 2021
0-2 ht Grizzy and Dest( 1st goal) I really thought we would concede early Nice game lads
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 9:50pm On Mar 21, 2021
Clinical first half from our boys.

2 chances, 2 goals.

Let's keep this going.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by cumz(m): 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
Dembele #smh angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (4452) (4453) (4454) (4455) (4456) (4457) (4458) ... (6224) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: brandon180(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.